Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 23, 2019 8:39 PM

Mar 2013
Hi,

At least twice, by different Admins of the Recommendation Club, the process of promoting an Officer to Admin has failed. The following error is given:

I was therefore wondering if there is a possible fix for this other than simply getting one of the mods to manually promote members, since we will most likely need to proceed to changes that will involve promotions in the near future and it would become a hassle to have to contact support each time.

Thank you.

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
Apr 24, 2019 12:51 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Do you have any userscripts/add-ons/extensions for your browser? For example "Last Pass"? This extension is known for causing a 400 bad request error.
Apr 24, 2019 5:43 AM

Mar 2013
@imperlast

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Apr 24, 2019 9:27 AM

Jun 2009
Luna said:
Do you have any userscripts/add-ons/extensions for your browser? For example "Last Pass"? This extension is known for causing a 400 bad request error.

i have a bunch of browser extions but it hasn't stoped me from making users admins in other clubs i run
Apr 24, 2019 9:44 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
@imperlast: Can you disable all your extensions and see if you still have problems in this club?
Apr 28, 2019 7:28 AM

Mar 2013
@Luna
Can you maybe test it out yourself (alt accounts) or with someone you know and trust in a kind of live chat, Luna?

Like you promote yourself or someone Admin. If that doesn't work, then there's a confirmed problem. Else, if it does work, then maybe your Admin powers are bypassing the issue. Therefore, the elected Admin will have to try promoting another member to Admin (yourself or another someone) without extensions.

Apr 28, 2019 8:20 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
@blob
I did a few tests:

1. Promoted a test account admin --> no problems
2. Used the test account to promote myself admin --> no problems
3. Used the test account to promote a friend admin --> no problems
4. The friend promoted my test account admin --> no problems

So it was tested with 2 normal accounts on 2 different browsers.

Have the admins in your club who have this problem tried it without extensions?
Apr 28, 2019 4:21 PM

Mar 2013
@imperlast
Maybe you can try on random extension-less browser or on incognito mode of your main one for a quick fix, since Luna was successful with the tests.

Apr 29, 2019 10:58 PM

Jun 2009
blob said:
@imperlast
Maybe you can try on random extension-less browser or on incognito mode of your main one for a quick fix, since Luna was successful with the tests.

will try iv just bene busy with life stuff, also i will try an incignto mode cause i got liek 40 browser extions on my chrome
May 13, 2019 9:05 PM

Mar 2013
@Luna
Another admin tried it out on his browser at work, then with incognito, as well as on two different mobile (phone) browsers and the same error message popped up: http://imgur.com/a/mHoNkRX

What do we do?

Edit: Did you do the tests in the Rec Club or another one? Other clubs seem fine, it's really only us, it seems.

May 13, 2019 9:36 PM

Feb 2010
Hi @Luna, can confirm and was the one who tested it. We've had this issue since like a year ago or like around when there was a site outage.

"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

May 13, 2019 11:51 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
I tested it in the Rec Club with Firefox (not sure which version but at the time it was the latest version).

Which browsers do you all use when this problem happens? (browser + version)
What's the mobile browser?

Firefox doesn't disable extensions in incognito mode. But if you don't want to disable all extensions manually you can start the browser in safe mode, which disables extensions temporarily while in safe mode:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

May 14, 2019 10:19 PM

Mar 2013
@Luna
In case it wasn't obvious from this post, activity on this site isn't the strong point of the club, which is leading us to need more admins. Since none of the active ones can currently promote anyone, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could manually promote me and Confederate_Jeb as admins. We're both active and can test out the issue more proactively with you.

Thank you.

May 15, 2019 9:28 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
@blob I promoted you to admin, you can try it yourself now with Confederate_Jeb. Let me know if you also run into problems.
May 15, 2019 11:14 AM

Mar 2013
@Luna
Thank you.
I am at work, but I still tried to promote Confederate_Jeb on my phone, to no avail with the default Chrome browser. As you had mentioned FireFox, I downloaded the mobile application and, although the member list is laggy as heck on mobile, it worked.

I will do further testing once I get back home, on my desktop. For now, it seems like we need to do this on FireFox.

My hypothesis is that perhaps the quantity of members causes something to go wrong, especially on that specific page for editing Officers, maybe because of being stuck on loading.

EDIT: It seems to work on a butt-naked Edge browser on Desktop as well.
blobMay 15, 2019 5:11 PM

More topics from this board

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

124 by Konan_Edogawa_ »»
7 hours ago

» MAL Export

Devileeee - Sep 25, 2023

3 by zororo12 »»
Yesterday, 3:52 AM

» Problem with API OAuth2 Authentication Login

bidgetfoss_4000 - Yesterday

0 by bidgetfoss_4000 »»
Yesterday, 3:44 AM

» Question about parental consent

AverageRiceFan - Apr 16

1 by CareBear »»
Yesterday, 2:55 AM

» On my profile I got the wrong number of total episodes/total time

GamiKhan - Apr 22

2 by GamiKhan »»
Apr 22, 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.