11.3%
2x
3.8%
Faster Than 2x
1.2%
3.5x (Late Addition)
1.6%
732 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 24, 2019 10:15 AM

Jul 2016
Watching One Piece at 1.3x almost makes the adaptation enjoyable.
Apr 24, 2019 10:22 AM

May 2010
I didn't even know that people actually do that.
Apr 24, 2019 10:29 AM

Nov 2014
Harshitsingh8890 said:
abhutrash said:
Gah, I forgot how lame the people who are strongly against speed modding are, shouldn't have read the other replies...

Being able to see something at a faster speed and mentally translate to how it would play out at 1x is not that difficult of a skill. If you've got a few spare brain cells to rub together, you can easily comprehend the pacing, music, and voice acting of a show even when sped up.

It's not a matter of disliking anime as a medium, it's moreso there's only a limited amount time on earth and we're all tryin to consume as much art as we can. I think both extremes are wrong, but it pains me to see how the "zomg you need to stop watching anime" take is prevalent and acceptable.
wow a intellect among us great......
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Don't @ me if you ain't got anything to say team.
Apr 24, 2019 10:46 AM

Aug 2018
Even though I'm something of a completionist, I've never watched any beyond the speed of 1X. I am a rather slow reader and watch only subbed anime, so any speed greater than 1X would ruin the show for me.
Apr 24, 2019 4:22 PM

Feb 2018
Why do people think the only reason that someone will speed up is when the anime is bad? I personally love speeding up the entire show to x1.15-1.25 from the beginning because it enhances a lot of things. Remember anime has a lot less fps than western cartoons because they're trying to limit their frame-rate and limit cost for more descriptive scenery/character design. Thus, things such as bending technique/panning shot with only mouths moving(conversation scenes) is visible for me, same with other techniques to cheapen the cost.

Hence, I use speeding because it makes the anime so much more dynamic. Especially the action scenes, which typically have a sudden spike in frames (from 3's--> 2's or on the rare occasion even 1's), which suddenly show the character from having little movement to too much movement. Speeding it makes the transition a lot more seamless for these action scenes, which makes the motion look more appealing and less...robotic. It was noticeable back when I watched everything at normal speed, but I didn't notice how bad it was until I switched the speed, and now when I go back to normal, it makes the movements look unnatural.

In case of sub, maybe I'm a fast reader, but I never really struggled with x1.25 speed. Heck, I can read a 2-line text 99% of the time and have plenty of time looking up at the scene and observing it. The few exceptions are something like monogatari, which is one of those rare shows I have to turn back to normal speed (the exceptions are not the rule though).
As for music, perhaps because I speed up the entire anime instead of specific scenes, but it never really bothered me. The action music still made me pumped, the sad music still made me sad.
I see the anime in its sped up form in its entirety, so the complaints don't register with me probably because my brain was trained to notice the emotion and message a scene is trying to convey already. So for example, the extended pauses in where the character contemplates something, I can see it as just that. What might look too fast for you might be normal for me because my brain was used to that speed. I can observe an anime just fine imo.

And don't put my reasoning as "just trying to finish as many anime as possible". If you notice from my days watched on my profile, you'll see that's simply not the case. I ain't a completionist-- I drop things when they're bad, and hell, I don't even bother to add it most of the time because I feel like I didn't watch enough of the show (which further contributes to my low days-watched count). I just so happen to love how much more dynamic and moving the characters are within the anime. Why the hate?
Apr 24, 2019 5:09 PM
Apr 2015
If you do that you're on some alvin and the chipmunks type shit
FrroggieApr 24, 2019 5:21 PM
Apr 24, 2019 5:17 PM
Jul 2018
I've watched pingu in the city 4x... the effect are quite hilarious.
Sometimes Gintama just for the fun of it as well

I usually do that only because it's fun.

I usually watch stuff at 1x but if i start hating it i just start skipping a bunch. if i really hate it I simply say good bye to it
Apr 24, 2019 5:27 PM

Jul 2015
i watch a ton of shows at very minute speed increases like 1.01 or 1.02, can't even tell the difference but it can shave a few minutes off of a binge session
Apr 24, 2019 6:18 PM
Dec 2011
It is better to watch your favorite work once more than watching a boring animation at double speed.
Apr 24, 2019 6:25 PM

Jan 2018
Wow. People do that? I've never even thought about changing the speed. If you don't like the show, why not just drop it and stop wasting time on it?
Apr 24, 2019 7:08 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

62 by delirific »»
2 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

13 by Rhaelynne »»
4 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

23 by FanofAction »»
27 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

59 by KittenCuddler »»
39 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 11 hours ago

18 by traed »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.