Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Chapter 146 Discussion


#1
Apr 22, 2019 8:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 8798
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Aww~ such a warm chapter! Kaguya-tachi made up! ❤
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
 
#2
Apr 22, 2019 1:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 5179
Wow, his condition was actually bad enough for him to be hospitalized, damn. True Kaguya has awoken finally.
My Queens

 
#3
Apr 22, 2019 1:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 518
LOL! The doctor at the end. I'm going to laugh my ass off if Shirogane fainted due to heartache like Kaguya.
全速前進ヨーソロー!
 
#4
Apr 23, 2019 5:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 6149
She had to fight with herself to say what she really felt then found out that all sides of her wanted to be kissed by the President
 
#5
Apr 23, 2019 8:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2919
Wow, this ch was just damn good finally a really good ch and lol the doctor @ the end.
 
#6
Apr 23, 2019 10:58 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 423
Hopefully, all the sides of Kaguya will team together as one from here on out......
I just want my avatar animated someday......Oh wait, I guess it will be, in Oct. 2019..... :' )
 
#7
Apr 24, 2019 12:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 34
Pretty pointless chapter. All of this has already been established.
We already know how Kaguya was brought up and that she hated her old self. That's why she stopped being a piece of shit and changed.
In the recent chapters she changed back to her old self just to come to the same conclusion again.
 
#8
Apr 24, 2019 1:05 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 123
mirishster96 said:
Pretty pointless chapter. All of this has already been established.
We already know how Kaguya was brought up and that she hated her old self. That's why she stopped being a piece of shit and changed.
In the recent chapters she changed back to her old self just to come to the same conclusion again.

Yeah feels like the author wants actual progression to happen later so we have to go through this whole “ice kaguya” arc which seems pretty pointless, if they wanted to highlight her childhood she how it effects her they could have done it in a better way
 
#9
Apr 24, 2019 1:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 34
Ljw said:
mirishster96 said:
Pretty pointless chapter. All of this has already been established.
We already know how Kaguya was brought up and that she hated her old self. That's why she stopped being a piece of shit and changed.
In the recent chapters she changed back to her old self just to come to the same conclusion again.

Yeah feels like the author wants actual progression to happen later so we have to go through this whole “ice kaguya” arc which seems pretty pointless, if they wanted to highlight her childhood she how it effects her they could have done it in a better way


They've even already done it way back in the fireworks chapters. That was really impactful, while today's chapter just feels unnecessary.
 
Apr 24, 2019 3:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 33341
this was supposed to be touching chapter, but last few page made me lost it. XDXDXD
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Apr 24, 2019 4:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1492
So sweet!!!
Hayasaka crying sitting on the same table, that was so sad :(
The doc is back ...
 
Apr 24, 2019 5:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32369
This chapter was a return to kino but then those last couple pages just blindsided me and made me laugh my ass off.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
Apr 24, 2019 5:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 1203
The doc is gonna set things straight I hope. Kaguya is back to herself. Hopefully not long before this mess is resolved
 
Apr 24, 2019 7:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 265
Its been soo long since I saw normal kaguya

Lmfao the doctor is back, lovesick chapter hype
 
Apr 24, 2019 2:27 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 237
I'm only here for Kaguya-chan
 
Apr 24, 2019 3:00 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 312
Beautiful chapter

also curious about that flashback where Shirogane saves Kaguya's ribbon for her
 
Apr 24, 2019 3:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 5179
This arc has been rough to bear(hated seeing Miyuki suffer and Kaguya reverting back to an ice queen), so I'm glad the turning point has finally arrived and I believe the payoff will completely cancel out how painful some of the previous chapter were.

No chapter next week due to golden week, so gotta deal with another 2 week wait *sigh*.
My Queens

 
Apr 24, 2019 3:57 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 208
That crying Hayasaka broke me. And that doctor... hoo boy, next chapter is gonna be awesome.

The chapter name was Our Mask (Kaguya part 1), that means we are having one for Prez too, right? I can't wait.

She cannot be loved? unloveable half of Shinomiya? what the hell is this about? even though I, Fujiwara and Miyuki love you so much, isn't that enough?

but seriously, Bakaguya is a livesafer, I know most of you guys are not enjoying this arc and specially Ice very much, but taking Ice out would ruin the build up, she needs to be the one to solve this and it's gonna be amazing when she does.
Being Bakadere can wait a little 'cause Ice Empress is here for the kill lol
 
Apr 26, 2019 2:46 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 312
Primo_Itoko said:

The chapter name was Our Mask (Kaguya part 1), that means we are having one for Prez too, right?


It might also mean all 3 Kaguyas' mask
 
Apr 26, 2019 10:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 12059
lol the quack doctor...I was expecting him but I still laughed
 
Apr 26, 2019 4:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 208
UnderminE said:
Primo_Itoko said:

The chapter name was Our Mask (Kaguya part 1), that means we are having one for Prez too, right?


It might also mean all 3 Kaguyas' mask


Yes, I'm actually expecting more of this from Kaguya, but the parenteshes are present on the raw version as well and we only saw those to repeat chapter names for the Ice version of them, so, hey, if this is the Kaguya version we can have the Miyuki's right? he is also wearing a mask (persona) in this and it needs to change
 
Apr 27, 2019 12:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 48
Personally though I think Ice Kaguya will be leaving soon and I'm glad for that, I think this has been really good development for Kaguya. This chapter was really good and it really explores Kaguya's inner turmoil. It's done through goofy comedic shenanigans with the 3 Kaguya personas but at its core it's actually addressing a very real internal conflict she's struggled with her entire life.

Kaguya, girl, there's no need to force yourself. Just be you like you have been up until now and the Pres and friends will continue accepting you like they have been. I think she needs to come to realize that now.
 
Apr 27, 2019 9:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 28
i liked this chapter. It gave me I.B feels and that's good (i miss i.b). i'm seeing people commenting that this chapter was unncesary, but i disagree. Now we know that when kaguya said that she loved the prez in the past, it was not, necessarily, in a romantic way. that's important.
I WILL STAND FOR BEST GRILL
btw that was a quite emocional chapter, i'm almost crying here. you guys have no heart.
 
Apr 28, 2019 5:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 21995
We saw crying Hayasaka again. Aka better give her justice.
 
Apr 28, 2019 9:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 332
Did Aka-sensei intentionally made us to hate Ice-chan? Because that worked out so damn well, damnit. And now with (maybe) all of her personas are reconciled, we will get Kaguya that is a mix of all of her personas. No more fake faces, just one genuine Shinomiya Kaguya.

Also that doctor.. I knew it!! I'm calling it xD
 
Apr 28, 2019 9:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 32369
YosepYRA said:
Did Aka-sensei intentionally made us to hate Ice-chan?
I don't think hate was the intention but no where in any part of the series let alone these past few chapters have they been portraying her as anything but in the wrong hence why literally nothing worked out for her in these past few chapters. I think that was the problem of people taking them way more seriously than they were supposed to despite how obviously temporary the whole situation was and was clearly building up to.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

 
May 1, 2019 2:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 754
Despite the criticism of many, I like this part with Ice Kaguya.

Before the kiss scene at the end of the festival, Shirogane was backing out und was just happy with the idea of going to Yale together with Shinomiya which means :
_ inderect confession but nothing honestly spoken out,
_ no kiss,
_ no dating
_ no relationship ...

well, that was almost nothing or at best a micro step toward an eventual relationship ... some day ... maybe. We could have call it status quo, that wouldn't have been that far fetched.

And then bakaguya kissed him, that was huge, too huge and sudden for both of them to handle and "logically" kaguya then expected that Shirogane would also make a real move not an implicit one like usual. Ice Kaguya was also trying to help him with straight fowards signals but everything backfired to this point.

So far, no reason to hate Ice Kaguya, in the best case we can hate the situation, they both love each others, they both want the same, but it's hard for them to "synchronize", ... it's like that since the beginning of the story. Nothing to be surprised about and the change in behavior is refreshing to me.

Last but not least, we got several flashbacks this chapter and I still hope we get more details about that ribbon saving action (she fell in love that day?) and the slap we got a glimpse of. There's still a lot to learn about how the three of them - Kaguya, Myuki, Fujiwara - got together in the council.

I hope Aka will keep at "not rushing it" for several dozens of chapters.

 
May 7, 2019 11:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 339
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

So far, no reason to hate Ice Kaguya, in the best case we can hate the situation, they both love each others, they both want the same, but it's hard for them to "synchronize", ... it's like that since the beginning of the story. Nothing to be surprised about and the change in behavior is refreshing to me.

Last but not least, we got several flashbacks this chapter and I still hope we get more details about that ribbon saving action (she fell in love that day?) and the slap we got a glimpse of. There's still a lot to learn about how the three of them - Kaguya, Myuki, Fujiwara - got together in the council.

I hope Aka will keep at "not rushing it" for several dozens of chapters.



My thoughts exactly. I was afraid Aka would drop the ball after the confession, but it seems that chapter by chapter it gets more and more intense. I really like the direction this manga is taking.
 
Aug 26, 2019 7:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 105
the other chapter i was hating her ice princess persona now i just want her to get a kiss lol
 
Top