Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
#1
Apr 21, 2019 9:04 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2
My friend and I are having a heated discussion about the age of Ichirou Satou's Mother. I believe that she is in her late 30's assuming she had Ichirou when she was approximately 20. My friend believes that she and Kojima, who is said to be 24, were schoolmates, meaning that she would have been very young when she gave birth.

So what I am wondering, what is Kojima and Ichirou's mom relationship and how old is the mom?
 
#2
Apr 21, 2019 9:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 129
trentment said:
My friend and I are having a heated discussion about the age of Ichirou Satou's Mother. I believe that she is in her late 30's assuming she had Ichirou when she was approximately 20. My friend believes that she and Kojima, who is said to be 24, were schoolmates, meaning that she would have been very young when she gave birth.

So what I am wondering, what is Kojima and Ichirou's mom relationship and how old is the mom?


I'm confused as well the previous episode shows that they did go to School or College together. Lookin at Satou's age gap we can say that that was 10 years ago. Maybe his mom was his teacher's teacher?? I mean there is no way they are the same age
LOOKING FOR ARTISTS PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU'RE ONE
Review please!

 
#3
Apr 21, 2019 10:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 4266
I think based on the scene on the bridge, Kojima'd need to be six or seven years older than Satou. Kojima was filling out the "What are your plans after high school?" survey, which I believe is administered in winter of junior year. That would mean she might be as young as 16. She'd graduate at age 17, graduate teacher's college at 21 and start teaching high school when Satou enters grade 10. That would make her 24 now which has some significance as an age for Japanese women to get a bit more serious about looking for a marriage. Satou is currently 17. That would make him 10 and in grade five at the time of the incident at the bridge.

As for Satou's mother, she is probably at least 10 or 11 years older than Kojima, which would make her at least 35 years old. They are from a rural area and it's not unknown for people to marry and start families at an early age. There are lots of plausible ways to have her take care of Kojima or be an instructor. Rural areas might well also have traditions of semi-arranged marriages when a likely match is possible.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

 
 
#4
Apr 22, 2019 6:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1036
don't forget people alot of rural towns in japans don't have multiple schools or even school buildings. Alot of the time particularly with small towns or villages, all 3 periods of school (Elementary, Middle and High school) would be slotted into one building sometimes even into one class room.
 
#5
Apr 23, 2019 8:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 110
official settings: Ichirou 18, his mother 36 (had her first child at age of 19), his teacher 23.
but whether you believe that age difference between the 2 girls in the photo...
 
#6
Apr 24, 2019 9:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 2
vellabrown said:
official settings: Ichirou 18, his mother 36 (had her first child at age of 19), his teacher 23.
but whether you believe that age difference between the 2 girls in the photo...


Where can I find the "official setting" for this anime? I have been searching but unable to find anything.
 
#7
Apr 13, 2020 5:05 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 4
vellabrown said:
official settings: Ichirou 18, his mother 36 (had her first child at age of 19), his teacher 23.
but whether you believe that age difference between the 2 girls in the photo...


You're going to need to source that one, because that can't be right. She constantly goes on about how her and Kana were best friends in highschool. Plus, the photo in question (The one you provided) she is pretty clearly about a year or so out of school (Not due to height, just her overall appearance in comparison to how she both acts and looks in the current setting of the series). If that were the case, then at this point, Ichirou would only be 1, MAYBE 2 at the absolute oldest, but in the flashback (and in another picture from the same album) we clearly see that he's roughly 10.

Also, your ages seem a bit off. Not by a drastic amount or anything, but all official sources that I've been able to find for the series says that Kana (The teacher) is 24, and Ichirou is 17. This is exactly a 7 year gap, and it fits with the setting for the flashback, where he appears to be 10, and Kana is roughly 16-17.

I'm getting some serious Najimi (Komi-San Can't Communicate) vibes from Saki (Ichirou's mother) in regards to her age rather than her gender...
 
#8
Apr 29, 2020 7:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 48
according to the manga Ichirou sato mother is Kojima kana teacher, so the age difference makes sense
 
#9
Jan 19, 2:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 407
Ichirou's mother definitely in her late 30s, just look at the photo in kojima's album, how the fuck is she ichirou mother's schoolmate???
 
 
Jun 3, 6:41 PM

Online
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 16143
wing parents irl are really not a good idea to have but shes probably in her 30s.
 
Sep 18, 1:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 43
komic said:
don't forget people alot of rural towns in japans don't have multiple schools or even school buildings. Alot of the time particularly with small towns or villages, all 3 periods of school (Elementary, Middle and High school) would be slotted into one building sometimes even into one class room.

Like Non non biyori ­čśů