Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 21, 2019 4:57 AM
Apr 2017
I've recently started watching anime through MAL, due to most of the episodes being available to be watched directly on here. Does anyone else here watch it on MAL, or use external sites? Do you think it's better than most other sites, and how is your overall watching experience? I'm pretty new with it, as I used other sites before, so I just want to see what other's opinion is on it.
Apr 21, 2019 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
Ya, no. Hulu isn't in Canada and fuck Crunchyroll
Apr 21, 2019 5:13 AM

Jan 2018
I typically just download whatever I'm watching. Never considered using MAL, but I don't really see the point as Crunchyroll and Hulu's free member quality is terrible and it's littered with ads. I could block the ads with Brave browser but I still just prefer getting my shows in better quality.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Apr 21, 2019 5:16 AM
Apr 2017
Greyleaf said:
I typically just download whatever I'm watching. Never considered using MAL, but I don't really see the point as Crunchyroll and Hulu's free member quality is terrible and it's littered with ads. I could block the ads with Brave browser but I still just prefer getting my shows in better quality.

If you mind asking me, where do you find yours? I find that using Crunchyroll episodes, is by far the best I can get, as it's the only one I managed to watch without lag.
Apr 21, 2019 5:19 AM

Feb 2010
I hate streaming so I'd never do it. Torrenting is so much more convenient, better quality, no buffering, no fear of the internet spasming out and the episode stopping right in the middle, very easy to navigate. Streaming is all downside as far as I'm concerned.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 21, 2019 5:21 AM
Apr 2017
Pullman said:
I hate streaming so I'd never do it. Torrenting is so much more convenient, better quality, no buffering, no fear of the internet spasming out and the episode stopping right in the middle, very easy to navigate. Streaming is all downside as far as I'm concerned.

Fair enough. So you torrent all episodes then?
Apr 21, 2019 5:27 AM

Feb 2010
Hime-han said:
Pullman said:

Yes, absolutely. I have a big download folder where I download shows in advance and that becomes like the primary PTW for me, when I want to start something new I usually pick from there.
https://i.imgur.com/Q1wqOwI.png?1
Apr 21, 2019 5:34 AM

Aug 2017
Wait what? You can watch it on MAL?! You opened my eyes,I've never knew it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2019 5:41 AM
Apr 2017
Pullman said:
Hime-han said:

Yes, absolutely. I have a big download folder where I download shows in advance and that becomes like the primary PTW for me, when I want to start something new I usually pick from there.

Ah I see, sounds like an option, plus easy when you're on the move I suppose.
Apr 21, 2019 5:43 AM
Apr 2017
Mucosa said:

Muscosa yes you can. I'm not 100% sure though, whenever every anime has all of the episodes, as I'm yet to check that. But most are available if you go to the episodes page such as this:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36397/Shiyan_Pin_Jiating/video
Apr 21, 2019 5:45 AM
Apr 2017
Pullman said:
Hime-han said:

Oh wow. That is a lot. I do wonder how you mange to store all of that though. I would have probably ran out of space by now.
Apr 21, 2019 5:47 AM

Feb 2010
Hime-han said:
Pullman said:

Oh wow. That is a lot. I do wonder how you mange to store all of that though. I would have probably ran out of space by now.

I only have one harddrive, ~2TB. What you see was only around 700GB tho. It was much more challening 10, 15 years ago when harddrive sizes weren't as ridiculous yet. Back then I had 4 hard drives of ~500GB each.
Apr 21, 2019 5:50 AM

Oct 2014
Mucosa said:
You can, but they're imbedded from Crunchyroll and Hulu. This means only the anime that are available in your region on those sites can be played on MAL so unless you live in the US that won't be many. Not sure if the quality differs from the host sites, but I'd imagine the experience would be better watching straight from the source.

OT: I usually watch on pirate sites, torrents, and occasionally Netflix or blu-ray
Apr 21, 2019 5:51 AM
Apr 2017
Pullman said:
Hime-han said:

I only have one harddrive, ~2TB. What you see was only around 700GB tho. It was much more challening 10, 15 years ago when harddrive sizes weren't as ridiculous yet. Back then I had 4 hard drives of ~500GB each.

Seems like about a standard size. That's true, now you can more or less hard drives for a good price, if you know where to look.
Apr 21, 2019 5:51 AM

Aug 2017
Hime-han said:
Mucosa said:

Muscosa yes you can. I'm not 100% sure though, whenever every anime has all of the episodes, as I'm yet to check that. But most are available if you go to the episodes page such as this:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36397/Shiyan_Pin_Jiating/video
oh thank you very much for the link !!! ^3^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2019 5:52 AM

Jul 2007
I torrent. I'm in need to a new harddrive here soon though since both of my 1TB externals and my laptop are nearly at capacity. To save space I have deleted a lot of shows I probably wouldn't rewatch. Some shows I have kept since 2005.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Apr 21, 2019 6:38 AM

Aug 2018
I mostly download the episodes from 9anime since most of the content is not available in my country.
Apr 21, 2019 7:22 AM

Dec 2017
I stream seasonals on some illegal sites and torrent if I have to binge.
Hulu isn't available in my country and crunchyroll is shit as it can't even stream gintama.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 21, 2019 7:53 AM

Apr 2019
I use Crunchyroll and Vrv to watch my anime. And I watch some legally on YouTube.
Apr 21, 2019 8:00 AM

Nov 2017
Better don't use MAL. You can use Netflix most probably you should have the subscription as most of peeps do have. For me primary source- Netflix, crunchyroll(all the anime aren't available due to country restrictions 😔😔)
Secondary source--kissanime(best among other streaming sites, have every anime)
Final and last option--torrent, I like to download movies rather than streaming.
Hope it helps,
Happy Easters 😋😋
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
IT'S GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT
THAT'S WHY IT'S NEVER BEEN SEEN
THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY, IT WILL BE FOUND

BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

Apr 21, 2019 8:27 AM

Oct 2010
I don't use mal because cr is infested with cms and promos, one 24 min episode is 30 min on mal last time I checked and the player is awful. I have a 200G folder of anime from a certain cat site and others.
Apr 22, 2019 12:50 PM

Aug 2017
zombie_pegasus said:
Mucosa said:
You can, but they're imbedded from Crunchyroll and Hulu. This means only the anime that are available in your region on those sites can be played on MAL so unless you live in the US that won't be many. Not sure if the quality differs from the host sites, but I'd imagine the experience would be better watching straight from the source.

OT: I usually watch on pirate sites, torrents, and occasionally Netflix or blu-ray
thanks very much for the informations ^3^
Apr 22, 2019 2:51 PM

Jun 2017
Almost always downloading from Iranian sites since is the easiest way for me
Apr 23, 2019 1:22 AM
Apr 2017
Tomoya1 said:
Better don't use MAL. You can use Netflix most probably you should have the subscription as most of peeps do have. For me primary source- Netflix, crunchyroll(all the anime aren't available due to country restrictions 😔😔)
Final and last option--torrent, I like to download movies rather than streaming.
Hope it helps,
Happy Easters 😋😋

Just out curiosity though, do any of the episodes freeze for you when you watch it? Mine tend to buffer for a while at times, and even end up crashing the link.
Apr 23, 2019 1:25 AM
Feb 2014
OhTaKuSo said:
Ya, no. Hulu isn't in Canada and fuck Crunchyroll

First post is the best post. Well done, bro.
Apr 23, 2019 4:22 AM

Jan 2009
i download/torrent since i got high latency/ping internet that is not good for streaming

Apr 23, 2019 4:32 AM

Mar 2017
torrent is life. everything else is inferior
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Apr 23, 2019 10:43 PM

Nov 2017
Hime-han said:
Tomoya1 said:
Hope it helps,
Happy Easters 😋😋

Just out curiosity though, do any of the episodes freeze for you when you watch it? Mine tend to buffer for a while at times, and even end up crashing the link.
can you tell me about which site you're asking?

"

Apr 26, 2019 1:17 AM
Apr 2017
Tomoya1 said:
Hime-han said:

@Tomoya1 I'm talking about the crunchyroll links on MAL.
Apr 26, 2019 1:26 AM
Mar 2019
i use Crunchyroll, Funimation, Netflix & Prime video
Apr 26, 2019 1:29 AM

Mar 2018
I download all my anime on 9anime. It's faster then torrenting anime.
Evangelion is shit
Apr 26, 2019 1:34 AM

Feb 2019
Crunchyroll, Netflix, Hulu & for Torrenting i use nyaa.si

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Apr 26, 2019 1:39 AM

Aug 2018
Due to the fact that my native languaje is spanish, nop, I have never seen anime on MAL.
Apr 26, 2019 2:13 AM

Nov 2017
Hime-han said:
Tomoya1 said:

dunno about Mal.... I don't use it.
Why don't you use other websites they will be much better than Mal.

"

Apr 26, 2019 2:31 AM
Jan 2019
How do you watch them on MAL? This would be a big help if I knew how to do this
Apr 26, 2019 2:35 AM
May 2017
I have never watched an episode on Mal but only because I didn't know that, lol.
Apr 26, 2019 2:40 AM

Mar 2016
"Didnt avaible in your country"
Thats all

Apr 26, 2019 3:31 AM
Apr 2017
Lucinated said:
How do you watch them on MAL? This would be a big help if I knew how to do this

Some anime if you go to this link for example: https://myanimelist.net/anime/36397/Shiyan_Pin_Jiating/video
it would have the episodes there. Not every anime of course has it, but the one's I've watched on here so far have it.
Apr 26, 2019 3:35 AM
Apr 2017
Tomoya1 said:
Hime-han said:

dunno about Mal.... I don't use it.
Why don't you use other websites they will be much better than Mal.

I've been suggested to use sites which you can download anime of it, but don't exactly want to litter my computer with it. Kissanime is usually what I used, but I have a problem with episodes freezing, and buffering for a long time on there.
Apr 26, 2019 3:49 AM

Apr 2017
Used to, watched naruto on MAL, then started seeing a bunch of nonos like "this isn't available in your country"/"error please use the providers site" blah blah blah, so ended up using crunchyroll and other websites.
Apr 26, 2019 1:17 PM

Nov 2015
I download all my anime because I hate streaming. I don't like buffering or the slight inconvenience of needing an internet connection all the time. I like watching on long trips, or staying up binge-watching. Both of which (especially the former) are hard to do if I have to stream. Even if I can get streaming to work, it's always in the lowest resolution possible, which is just a further small annoyance.
Apr 26, 2019 7:10 PM

Jan 2013
nah, i just watch it from illegal streaming sites.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.

More topics from this board

» angry sub only users ( 1 2 )

Yorda_trico - Apr 15

95 by rsc-pl »»
16 minutes ago

» Anime and Time Management

LenRea - 2 hours ago

8 by Zarutaku »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - 9 hours ago

37 by Zarutaku »»
38 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Apr 16

135 by dumbandinsane »»
45 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

94 by MyFriendIbis »»
48 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.