Forum Settings
Forums

Manga that deserves to get an anime series

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 23, 2019 2:23 PM

Jan 2012
I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year. would be perfect. The pace it has seems like it was made for a movie and it would be up there with Kimi no Na wa, Koe no Katachi, and Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai for sure!
Apr 23, 2019 4:11 PM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Voynich Hotel
Franken fran
The Wings of Vendemiaire
Apr 23, 2019 4:29 PM

Aug 2017
Oyasumi Pun-Pun.
I want Shaft to animate it and it must have the same style of the Monogatari Series.
Also I would love to see a full series of Akira faithful to the manga,animated in the same way of the movie
MucosaApr 23, 2019 4:32 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2019 4:41 PM
Dec 2015
Let's see
Psyren
Vanitas no Carte
Immortal Regis
Tokyo ghoul needs a real anime
There's more that desperately need it that I'm drawing a blank on.
Apr 23, 2019 5:01 PM

Nov 2018
Boku no Watashi no Yusha Gaku is nice.Will never get an adaptation though since it is virtually unheard of.
Apr 23, 2019 6:42 PM

Jul 2014
Iris zero. It is the only manga that i can keep up till now. Eventhough its often hiatus
Apr 23, 2019 6:43 PM

Sep 2010
I don't know the only manga I really wanted animated was Kiss Him Not Me and the adaption was piss cause they skipped over a lot of development for Nanashima and Shinomiya which were my two favorite characters so I'm still salty. So if an manga I liked does get adapted I'll still watch it, but I will be stricter with scoring.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
May 5, 2019 8:31 PM
Mar 2019
himmu_san said:
Synchrohayba said:
, oooh its nice too see that there are tomodachi game fans out there .
Berserk needs a proper anime adaptation.
yeah my friend , i heard it will get one 2020 , i hope it lives up to the hype .
May 6, 2019 12:15 AM

Nov 2014
Liar Game
Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service
+Anima
Franken Fran
Otoyomegatari
Kieli (originally a light novel, still more deserving than others of an adaptation)
Alive: The Final Evolution. GONZO nearly did this one, but then they went bankrupt and the project was cancelled

Also, new adaptations of Battle Angel Alita and BLAME! would be really nice.

P1X3LD3M0N said:
I know most of you wouldn't care about this one but I want Liar Game to be fully animated. Yes I know its old and it already had a live action series, but it really needs an anime I feel.

I care about Liar Game, i want an anime based on it so badly... I mean, they already adapted One Outs, why not this one?
ObscureObsidianMay 6, 2019 12:20 AM
May 6, 2019 12:16 AM

Nov 2014
Jackstyle said:
Tokyo Ghoul deserves an Anime Adaptation.

And Tsukihime. Good one.

MichaelJackson said:
Daphi said:

??
they did though
its just an abomination xD

it goes downhill in the filler arc during 2nd season and the end is dissapoiting, but the rest, while inferior to the source material, was still pretty good.

For me it went downhill from the first second and all the way down.
May 6, 2019 12:19 AM

Nov 2014
Mucosa said:
Oyasumi Pun-Pun.
I want Shaft to animate it and it must have the same style of the Monogatari Series.
Also I would love to see a full series of Akira faithful to the manga,animated in the same way of the movie

Now that you said it, yeah, maybe Shaft could de a good adaptation.

The problem with Oyasumi Punpun is that the story is too risqué, so many people in the anime industry wouldn't want to touch it, or if they do they'll probably do a not very good really bad job
May 6, 2019 12:49 AM

Mar 2018
BlancaXLobo said:
Liar Game
Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service
+Anima
Franken Fran
Otoyomegatari
Kieli (originally a light novel, still more deserving than others of an adaptation)
Alive: The Final Evolution. GONZO nearly did this one, but then they went bankrupt and the project was cancelled

Also, new adaptations of Battle Angel Alita and BLAME! would be really nice.

P1X3LD3M0N said:
I know most of you wouldn't care about this one but I want Liar Game to be fully animated. Yes I know its old and it already had a live action series, but it really needs an anime I feel.

I care about Liar Game, i want an anime based on it so badly... I mean, they already adapted One Outs, why not this one?

Damn straight. There's probably going to be more people who would enjoy liar game more then oneouts
LOOKING FOR ARTISTS PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU'RE ONE
Review please!

May 6, 2019 1:21 AM

Jan 2016
Oyasumi Punpun
Helter Skelter
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction
Yuureitou
Nogi Wakaba wa Yuusha de Aru
MW
Swan
Umibe no Onnanoko
Happiness
Uzumaki
Asayake wa Koganeiro: The Idolm@ster
Kasane
Ultra Heaven
EggheadLunaMay 6, 2019 1:36 AM
▾ Check Out My Original Series ▾

▾ Check Out My Blog ▾
May 6, 2019 1:33 AM

Dec 2018
expiring said:
Proper adaptation of Horimiya, not stupid OVA and Girl Friends one of the best Shoujo Ai manga.

YEAAAA AGREEEEEE T____T really hoping too
May 6, 2019 1:34 AM

Dec 2018
HORIMIYA pleaseeee!!! lol
im really really waiting for this miracle happen.
not only OVA with bad visualisation and miss so many point of story
really need the adaptation huhu
May 6, 2019 1:41 AM

Mar 2017
Uzumaki deserves a GOOD anime series
Inuyashiki is the Best Mecha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

May 6, 2019 1:55 AM

Jan 2018
I wanna see an anime adaptation of Solanin. It's the kind of story that would be easy to adapt, and it wouldn't take a large budget to do it justice. They made a live action film of it, but I just think an anime would work so damn well. It's the perfect length for a 12 episode series.

KappaSquare said:

Dear lord, please no more shitty Junji Itou adaptations. We've had enough of those already... >_<
GreyleafMay 6, 2019 2:01 AM

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

May 6, 2019 3:23 AM
Sep 2018
Instant bullet, When a magician's pupil smiles . They may be too short for a 1 cour series though.

Maybe shuuen no shiori. It's a nice horror,with urban legends revolving around the different characters.
May 6, 2019 3:29 AM
Dec 2017
Vanitas no carte
But I guess the reason it still doesn't have an anime adaptation because not enough source material. But this manga really deserves to get an anime adaptation
May 6, 2019 4:15 AM

Aug 2016
DenkiDestroy99X said:
MichaelJackson said:

it goes downhill in the filler arc during 2nd season and the end is dissapoiting, but the rest, while inferior to the source material, was still pretty good.

pretty much, its still an abomination
s1 being good doesnt save it xD
BlancaXLobo said:
Jackstyle said:
Tokyo Ghoul deserves an Anime Adaptation.

And Tsukihime. Good one.

MichaelJackson said:

For me it went downhill from the first second and all the way down.
thats fine because Gantz is a story for men
:v
May 6, 2019 5:33 AM

Feb 2019
Gunka no Baltzar, definitely! I would love to see a good anime for this brilliant, military manga with all its tactics and schemes.
May 6, 2019 5:55 AM

Nov 2018
If manwa also counts, definitely "The Breaker".
With combination of a great OST, superb animation and right adaptation, it can be a hell of a show.

Also Claymore should get a reboot anime that adapts the whole manga, and not just half of the story.
serg90May 6, 2019 6:01 AM
May 6, 2019 8:50 AM

Mar 2017
Greyleaf said:
I wanna see an anime adaptation of Solanin. It's the kind of story that would be easy to adapt, and it wouldn't take a large budget to do it justice. They made a live action film of it, but I just think an anime would work so damn well. It's the perfect length for a 12 episode series.

KappaSquare said:

Dear lord, please no more shitty Junji Itou adaptations. We've had enough of those already... >_<

I agree, Junji Ito Collection was extremely disappointing. Mind you I asked for a good adaptation xD
Inuyashiki is the Best Mecha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

May 6, 2019 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
It definitely Holyland. This manga is really great and wonderful.
Nov 16, 2019 7:59 AM
Jan 2018
Tales of Wedding Rings. It’s a great love story and the fantasy world is amazing. I would love to see this as an anime.
Nov 16, 2019 8:13 AM

Dec 2017
So, I was reading some manga this past week and read some high quality ones and then I thought to myself, "why in hell does this manga not getting an anime adaptation it deserves?!" .
Forgot the title of the manga, forgot to put it on my list, still looking right now..

So, what manga do you think deserves an anime adaptation?

Nov 16, 2019 8:35 AM

Aug 2018
To Your Eternity.
It's going to be amazing
Nov 16, 2019 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
It's definitely [b]Yotsubato![/ b], i really want it.
Nov 16, 2019 8:43 AM
Mar 2019
Tomodachi game
Aku no kyoten
Shuumatsu no valkyrie
Talentless nana
Spirit circle
Nov 16, 2019 8:54 AM

Feb 2019
Masturbation master kurosawa. It will trigger a lot of SJWs for sure.
Nov 16, 2019 8:57 AM
Jan 2018
Shinju no Nectar would be an awesome anime adaptation.
Nov 16, 2019 9:01 AM
Dec 2017
" Revival man " a korean web manhua that deserve an adaptation more than any manga.
" ill boy ill girl " a manga by the same author of monogatari need an OVA adaptation of 6-8 episodes
Nov 16, 2019 9:04 AM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
jasotaku said:

Dito. Not sure why they haven't adapted it... I thought it was pretty well known and popular in japan with all the merch it got.
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Nov 16, 2019 9:11 AM
Jul 2019
Well somebody’s already said OMK and To you, the Immortal, and those two should definitely get adapted. I also think Chikan Otoko, Akumetsu, Yugami has no Friends, and Chainsaw Man should get adaptions. Homunculus could work really well as a series of movies imo.
Nov 16, 2019 9:13 AM

May 2018
enígmә
Otoyomegatari
Asumiko Nakamura's works

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Nov 16, 2019 9:13 AM
May 2019
Vagabond it's a masterpiece. It deserves a good anime adaptation.
Nov 16, 2019 9:19 AM

Jun 2019
Dungeon Meshi
Solo Leveling (I know it's korean)
Nov 16, 2019 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
Hirunaka no Ryuusei. It definitely needs to have the right color palette though. I hated the way the Nijiiro Days anime color palette looked.
Nov 16, 2019 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
cythraul said:
Masturbation master kurosawa. It will trigger a lot of SJWs for sure.

I want to see it animated too. Anime studios are probably afraid to adapt it bc of too much fapping it has(basically the entire plot lol). But Netflix can pull this off as we've seen their work on Devilman Crybaby.
Nov 16, 2019 9:47 AM

Dec 2014
I've been reading this manga called Naruto ... is amazing, I think it would work as an anime.
Nov 16, 2019 4:10 PM
Dec 2013
Would like to see Tonikaku Kawaii get an anime one day. The manga ranks higher than the Hayate no Gotoku manga on MAL, so it's like the creator of HnG has made a work that is better than HnG.
Nov 16, 2019 4:20 PM

Jul 2015
Mele said:
jasotaku said:

Dito. Not sure why they haven't adapted it... I thought it was pretty well known and popular in japan with all the merch it got.

There’s many quotes from the mangaka where he says that he doesn’t think the series’ format is suited for animation
Nov 16, 2019 4:23 PM

May 2015
Theres millions but i do want to say litchi hikari club should have gotten a proper adaption or atleast a animated movie instead of the 3 minute episodes one to promote the live action. Angel Densetsu also deserves a proper full anime adaption. Magical girl apocalypse, Fourteen, Homunculous, Manhole, Mousugu Shinu hito, Sundome, tanabata no kuni
My Candies:
Nov 16, 2019 4:27 PM

May 2017
World's End Harem. I've seen it and looked at it at a bookstore.
Nov 16, 2019 4:50 PM
Jul 2019
There's alot of highly rated manga that have no anime adaptation, and unfortunately, most likely won't get one. For me though, I would say:
Psyren
Alice in Wonderland (has a short OVA that I am not counting)
The Breaker (Korean)
Spirit Circle
Feng Shen Ji
Lucifer and the biscuit hammer
Out
Nov 16, 2019 4:53 PM

Apr 2016

Personally, I'd be absolutely HYPED like a child opening presents on Christmas day for Gunka no Baltzar to receive an anime adaptation, preferably by Studio Bones or Studio WIT, and directed by Yasuhiro Irie (who directed FMA:B). Would probably look like the most amazing on-screen portrayal of Prussian awesomeness since The Legend of the Galactic Heroes, possibly even more awesome. An OLM Inc adaptation (the guys behind the 1997 Berserk adaptation) would also be great... if they still had the guys who were responsible for producing that adaptation, that is. Production I.G. from the Seirei no Moribito adaptation could also work as an alternative.

Anyways, given Akira Senju's amazing orchestral score for FMA:B, I have no doubt that the soundtrack of GnB would be safe in his hands. Along with Yasuhiro Irie, he'd be able to capture the peaceful country-side life of Basseland and the Norden-Trade Duchy, the cacophony of organized military battles, the dread of sweeping artillery fire, and the sorrow of the surviving soldiers as the reminiscent over their fallen brothers. He's the perfect composer for GnB!

The series - like FMA:B - switches between highly detailed, realistically proportioned characters in a military environment, to chibi characters during lighthearted and comedic gags and when explaining battle tactics. If Yasuhiro Irie was responsible for storyboarding FMA:B's perfect comedic timing and use of chibi characters, then he's my man for directing a GnB adaptation. It helps that GnK is paced and tonally similar to FMA:B anyways, so there's that. Chalky or watercolor backgrounds would work wonders for GnB's antiquated era.

As for voices, I think it would be wonderful to hear GnB be voiced by actual German VAs for authenticity's sake, but since I'm talking about an English dub and I have no idea if it's even possible to get German VAs to dub GnB in English (so I can hear a story that takes place in fantasy Prussia be voiced by Germans in understandable English...), I'll just list the typical Western dub VAs I'd love to hear.

Dream English VAs for GnB adaptation:
Nov 16, 2019 4:58 PM

Feb 2016
Anything from Mizukami Satoshi, the works I've read from him are by far, of the best things I've experienced. Spirit Circle, Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer and Sengoku Youko.

Planet With was also pretty good too, but it was an original anime, hopefully his works gets animated one day.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 16, 2019 5:03 PM

Jun 2013
Komi Can't Communicate NEEDS an anime!
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

373 by Yuki135 »»
7 hours ago

» PINK BANANA is coming! The first English language book of its kind which collects some of the weirdest and most obscure manga of the 60s and 70s.

showashowcase - Apr 2

1 by St0rmblade »»
8 hours ago

» Manga Wisdom for the Ages ( 1 2 )

Nekoburger - Aug 9, 2023

50 by Nekoburger »»
9 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

19 by LordZirkaZero »»
9 hours ago

» How long does it take you to read a LN volume?

Maou_heika - Feb 8

19 by Narushisto »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.