Forum Settings
Forums

What shows do you really want to watch, but you are too lazy/busy?

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Post New Reply
Apr 20, 10:01 PM

I always want to watch new shows, but I'm just lazy to sit down for 20 minutes to watch them, even though I'll just open up YT and watch something there.

Anyways the 2 shows/franchises I want to watch are Code Geass and the Monogatari series.

Apr 20, 10:08 PM

I really want to see the Higurashi franchise, many people see it as a classic, but ... are too many chapters. I'm too much lazy. sometimes see a anime of more than 13 chap becomes difficult.

Apr 20, 10:13 PM

well, I've always wanted to rewatch old shit I watched as a kid like Digimon, Pokemon or Yu Yu Hakusho. However, when I think about it, especially Pokemon, its length really puts me off, considering after all these years it's still airing, it's not possible for me to sit and spend such number of hours watching it, I could instead watch many other anime I'm more interested in and know will enjoy more.
Modified by JaredLopez, Apr 20, 10:52 PM

Apr 20, 10:15 PM
BlakexEkalb said:
I'm just lazy to sit down for 20 minutes to watch them, even though I'll just open up YT and watch something there.

LOL same, when Im looking for something to watch I usually end up wasting 6 hours watching YT shitpost videos

And there are a lot of shows I want to watch,
Hokuto no Ken
Wake up Girls
YuYu Hakusho
Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight
Cowboy Bebop
Fate/kaleid 3rei
Gochiusa 2nd season
FMAB
Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Evangelion

Those are all I remember right now, what makes me avoid starting them is their lenght, most of those are long or have multiple seasons.

Apr 20, 10:27 PM

Gundam franchise. It's so cool but there's so many eps...

Apr 20, 10:35 PM

all of my plan to watch stuff tbh, LOL

Apr 20, 10:37 PM
Definitely the Gundam franchise.

Some other popular series would be
-FMAB
-Shokugeki no Souma
-Gintama

Apr 20, 10:41 PM

Anything that goes over 30-40 episodes.
Sometimes I actually manage to do it, but it's a rare event.

It's not even because I don't have time or willpower to do it, it's just because big numbers scare me like hell, lmao.

I heard that the new Pokémon season are really good, but every season is like hundreds of episodes. I'd like to watch old anime like Keroro and Doraemon (which were super popular when I was a little kid), but the first one is hundreds of episodes, and the latter has literally ALMOST TWO THOUSANDS EPISODES.

Also yeah, the usuals. Dragon Ball (although I've started to do it, let's see how far I go with that), One Piece, Gintama, Hunter X Hunter ...

I have no doubt I would actually manage to watch all episodes of some of those shows, it's just that finishing the first episode and going "okay, 1 down, 999 episodes to watch!" feels like threatening. Almost depressing, really. lmao
Modified by DYED, Apr 20, 10:47 PM
Talk about character development? I started liking beer.

Apr 20, 10:42 PM

Oh man, there's a few that i've been meaning to watch for a long time, but i've kept putting them off 'cause they're somewhat long-ish and i got college and stuff to deal with (i'm watching Rurouni Kenshin now, but only 'cause a close friend is pushing me to do so).

Code Geass
Monogatari
Hunter X Hunter
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Monster
Jojo
Revolutionary Girl Utena
Fate series (Jesus, how will i even untangle this one?)

Someday i'll finally get around to watching them, though. Someday.
Modified by Stygian_Prisoner, Apr 20, 11:01 PM

Apr 20, 10:48 PM
I keep picking up and dropping My Hero Academia. For some reason I keep getting distracted and forget about it, only to pick it back up and watch 1-2 episodes a month later.

Apr 20, 10:48 PM
3 gatsu no lion and monogatari series

Apr 20, 10:51 PM
I really want to continue watching Overloard 2nd season

Apr 20, 10:53 PM

I’ve so many that I dearly want to watch at the moment but I’m unable to due to time constraints. Some of these differ from time to time and it happens so often that I forget or neglect these shows when I get the time (or make it at the cost of my studies and whatnot xD).

Five most notable ones for me involve:
- Nana (It’s funny how I want to watch this show during busy times but not during free times, the cycle has been ongoing for a long year now)
- Monogatari Series (Possibly due to its length that I’ve been reluctant to give this a shot, come this Summer though and I’ll binge it surely!)
- Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure Series (Same as above ^, not too sure about giving this a shot during this Summer though)
- Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Same as above ^ and again not too sure about giving this a shot during this Summer)
- Gintama (I actually gave this a shot last year but somehow managed to divert my attention away from it, looking forward to giving this a binge sometime)

Despite these being so notable, I’ll probably just watch a couple of these this Summer. A lot of Sequels are coming and I’d like to be on board with them weekly, you see, and I’ve plans to rewatch a couple series too (namely Shingeki no Kyojin and Neon Genesis Evangelion and maybe Shigatsu Kimi no Uso too).
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 20, 10:57 PM
Definitely Gundam. I wanna watch it from the beginning instead of picking a few seasons, but that's so damn difficult, there's just too much.

Also, Legend of the Galactic Heroes. A lot easier to watch than Gundam, but still a lot of episodes. 110 episodes is a lot, I could watch 9 one-cour anime in that amount of time

Apr 20, 11:03 PM

Animes are nothing to me compare to other medias like novel and VN.. I always can watching anime that I want to watch, but I am sometimes too lazy to read some novel and VN no matter how much I want to know it's story and how good it would be ..

Apr 20, 11:07 PM
I only have one and that's bubblegum crisis

Apr 20, 11:29 PM

OnionKnightRises said:
Definitely Gundam. I wanna watch it from the beginning instead of picking a few seasons, but that's so damn difficult, there's just too much.

Also, Legend of the Galactic Heroes. A lot easier to watch than Gundam, but still a lot of episodes. 110 episodes is a lot, I could watch 9 one-cour anime in that amount of time

Gundam is far easier with less convoluted story and dialog and far more action and better animation.
Just watch the original from 79, Zeta and Char's Counterattack and you are covered. You can skip the rest, except if the Gundam bug bites you while watching.
then you can go to ZZ, 0083, 0089, Victory Gundam, MS 8th Team, Turn A Gundam etc

Same for Battleship Yamato.
LOTGH is a difficult series, dont let it fool you

Apr 20, 11:34 PM

The anime which have many episodes or sequels

Apr 20, 11:40 PM

It's definitely every seasonals show.

Also, Bleach.

Apr 20, 11:44 PM

I'd like to catch up to a lot of series that got sequels, but a man just can't find enough time.

Apr 20, 11:45 PM

One Piece well i should pick that one up again but i don't really have time

Its so much but on the other hand i watch up to episode 755 so i should continue some day, hopeful the whole mess will be out and have ended before i fucking hit the bucket
Love is too beautiful to be hidden in a closet!

Apr 20, 11:48 PM
Nana would it probably be,
But too many episodes, to less time

Apr 20, 11:57 PM

This month last year I decided to really get into anime and went through every year on the site crafting a massive Plan To Watch List of all the best anime and I FINALLY got to the bottom of it this month exactly one year later. Now all I really have left is One Piece, Gintama, Hunter x Hunter (2011), the Ghost In The Shell franchise, and the A Certain Magical Index franchise but all five of those are massive like over 2000 episodes in total so it's really daunting and I'm probably gonna put it off for a while. After that I'll just keep up with seasonal anime and maybe every now and then watch a past show I find out about that looks good.

Apr 21, 12:01 AM

BlakexEkalb said:
I always want to watch new shows, but I'm just lazy to sit down for 20 minutes to watch them, even though I'll just open up YT and watch something there.

Anyways the 2 shows/franchises I want to watch are Code Geass and the Monogatari series.

I just started the monogatari series yesterday, and I'm already on the second season. I love it so far, so I'd give it a go.

Apr 21, 12:07 AM
petran79 said:

OnionKnightRises said:

Gundam is far easier with less convoluted story and dialog and far more action and better animation.
Just watch the original from 79, Zeta and Char's Counterattack and you are covered. You can skip the rest, except if the Gundam bug bites you while watching.
then you can go to ZZ, 0083, 0089, Victory Gundam, MS 8th Team, Turn A Gundam etc

Same for Battleship Yamato.
LOTGH is a difficult series, dont let it fool you

The reason I think Gundam is a more difficult to watch isn't because of the actual show and understanding it, but because of the number of seasons. I guess difficulty is the wrong word, but Gundam seems more daunting. LOTGH is just one large story, whereas Gundam is multiple spread across decades, making it a bit more of an undertaking for me.

Also, it's my goal to watch all of Gundam, I don't plan on skipping any of the series with the exception of Gundam Seed. I'm watching even the bad Gundam series just so I can say I've watched all of Gundam, just for the bragging rights

Apr 21, 12:40 AM

This, I can relate so much. I want to watch more anime and planning to finish Clannad (stopped at Episode 4, planning to rewatch it one day) but I'm so lazy and I spend more time on Youtube for hours. I will finish it but for now (and maybe later), I want to waste more time on the Internet instead. The only animes that I'm not lazy to watch are some of the seasonal ones.
Modified by Mikura39, Apr 21, 5:17 AM

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!

Apr 21, 1:33 AM

- Densetsu yuusha no densetsu
- shigatsu kimi no uso
The rest is Here and Here
The MC Guy Dont deserve the best Girl.

Apr 21, 1:40 AM

I want to watch FMA:B. I have already watched some episodes but it was a year ago. I think I might give it a go after sometime.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 21, 3:09 AM

OnionKnightRises said:

The reason I think Gundam is a more difficult to watch isn't because of the actual show and understanding it, but because of the number of seasons. I guess difficulty is the wrong word, but Gundam seems more daunting. LOTGH is just one large story, whereas Gundam is multiple spread across decades, making it a bit more of an undertaking for me.

Also, it's my goal to watch all of Gundam, I don't plan on skipping any of the series with the exception of Gundam Seed. I'm watching even the bad Gundam series just so I can say I've watched all of Gundam, just for the bragging rights

Ah I see. Thought you were mainly interested in the UC arc. Basically I was interested mostly in Tomino Gundams and I think thet are the ones worth watching to have a solid grasp of the series, except Reconguista that ended up mediocre.
That in itself is also demanding. Talking about 250+ episodes and movies.

Apr 21, 3:16 AM

Monogatari series comes to mind, I don't even know in which order it's supposed to be watched. And the fate franchise as well.

Apr 21, 3:36 AM

To everyone who's struggling to pick up a longer series, don't stress yourself out with a self-set time limit, you've all the time in the world.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Apr 21, 3:37 AM

For me it would be Naruto, Bleach and Fairy Tail. I mean each one of them has sooooo many episodes (I'm happy I'm up to date with One Piece but it took me literally years) so I don't really have the motivation. I mean if I can choose between a finished story with 25 or 50 episodes and another one with 600, I would always go for 25/50. It's just that I have the feeling that at least in cases of Naruto and Bleach you kind of 'have' to have watched these shows.

Apr 21, 3:56 AM

tbh any show that has more than 50 episodes makes me hesitant
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]

Apr 21, 4:02 AM
I really want to watch Bleach and Clannad, but I don't have the feel

Apr 21, 5:22 AM
I can't relate to this, if I really want to watch something I do so. I mean there's never enough time to watch everything on my PTW, but that doesn't seem to be what this thread is about. Just another thread where people talk about their irrational anxiety towards anything longer than 13 eps, which is usually a big plus for me. I'M more hyped to pick up long shows that aren't gonna be over in a heartbeat, often right when they start getting interesting.

Aesthetic value can be recognized or experienced, but it cannot be conveyed to those who are incapable of grasping its sensations and perceptions. To quarrel on its behalf is always a blunder.

Apr 21, 5:26 AM
I just can not bring myself to watch the rest of Gurenn Lagann and Higurashi. Also really want to watch Deathnote, Code Geass and Monogatari series.

Apr 21, 5:47 AM

Arijec123 said:
I just can not bring myself to watch the rest of Gurenn Lagann and Higurashi. Also really want to watch Deathnote, Code Geass and Monogatari series.

Stop everything you are doing and watch Death Note!

Apr 21, 5:49 AM

I definitely want to get started on both the Fate series and JoJo’s Bizzare Adventure, but they have several sequels, making them kind of intimidating.

I also want to continue watching One Piece, but for now, I’ve switched over to the manga.

Apr 21, 6:01 AM
One piece and Bleach, wanna watch it but im not ready to be commited in watching a very very long series cause I only watch one Anime at a time as much as possible

Apr 21, 6:15 AM

basically everything to on my plan to watch but mainly fullmetal alchemistand detective conan, but it's rather there are a lot of shows that come in my way once I finish a series and I end up forgetting about those two shows rather than being lazy

Apr 21, 6:21 AM

City Hunter and Maison Ikkoku. The problem is that many 80s shows tend to be ridicolously long, and I can barely complete 12 episodes shows lately.

Apr 21, 6:25 AM

Pullman said:
I can't relate to this, if I really want to watch something I do so. I mean there's never enough time to watch everything on my PTW, but that doesn't seem to be what this thread is about. Just another thread where people talk about their irrational anxiety towards anything longer than 13 eps, which is usually a big plus for me. I'M more hyped to pick up long shows that aren't gonna be over in a heartbeat, often right when they start getting interesting.

Pullman said:
irrational anxiety

Pullman said:
I'M more hyped

Some people don't want to watch longer shows, this has been established.

Anyways, I made this thread not to talk about my anxiety, but to just talk about how I'm being lazy.

Apr 21, 5:31 PM
Pullman said:

It's not really anxiety, it's motivation a lot of times. Some series require more commitment, which people don't always want to deal with when they're in an anime mood. That puts shows with high commitment needs (long running shows, and the more engaging) kinda put on the backburner for something like a slice of life. It's basically just procrastination for the most part

Apr 21, 5:38 PM

Gundam series and Legend of the Galactic Heroes, i think they are really good but there are so much episodes

Apr 21, 5:43 PM

Yu Yu Hakusho, finish monster and probably get around to watching clannad so I can watch after story

Apr 21, 5:43 PM
Mushishi

Apr 21, 5:50 PM

I've been tired from homework, so I've been putting off these anime, because I've been in the mood for light-hearted anime.

Texhnolyze
Boogiepop Phantom
Dororo
Kurozuka
Perfect Blue
Maquia: When The Promised Flower Blooms

"You don't need a reason to live, you just live"
-Nero Vanetti, 91 Days

Apr 21, 6:40 PM

Out of everything on my long ptw list Cowboy Bebop is the one anime I've been going back and forth on about whether or not to watch the most.

Apr 21, 8:27 PM

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to get into Natsume Yujinchou because just the plot synopsis alone seems like something I'll have an absolute blast with, but yeah too lazy rofl

Same with Mushishi

Apr 21, 8:55 PM
Well, I am currently getting through one piece which I've put off for far too long. Legend of the galactic heroes and gintama are shows I would really like to watch but given that I already have all of one piece on my plate, I've definitely been putting it off.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »