Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 20, 1:07 PM

What do you guys think of the last story arc?

Isn't Kasuga-san scraping bottom of a barrel?

It seems to me like too forced drama...

Apr 20, 2:15 PM

It was definitely a very oddly placed arc lmao
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Apr 21, 2:14 AM

At first I didn't like this arc, but after ch. 224 I thought a little bit about the events taking place in the last chapters and rethought Misaki arc. I already mentioned that.
In terms of what happened, Rui made a damn stupid move. After breaking up with Rui, Natsuo really was very vulnerable and could, for example, get hooked on drugs and get carried away with alcohol and so on. We all saw how depressed he was. At first I was surprised that neither Hina nor Serizawa tried to support Natsuo (I mean in romance terms), because it was obvious that Natsuo was in great need of support. And if Hina had tried to support him, I'm sure Natsuo would have accepted that help and the possibility of ending the story with Hina would have been more likely. But that explains that the author wanted to leave that uncertainty in the plot for now, because the point of the arc isn't who Natsuo will end up with, but how damn easy it is to ruin your life (and how easy it is to ruin another person's life, too).
I hope Rui also finds out what happened and realizes what a damn stupid move she made...

Apr 21, 9:32 AM

Yeah, it seems like there's too much forced drama as a whole in the manga now. I really liked it at first, but it feels like they should've ended the manga a long time ago. Like, how many times has Natsuo been in a situation with a girl or in danger already? I wish this arc didn't exist. I feel like he could've gotten writing material from elsewhere.

Life has no meaning,
but that doesn't mean
we shouldn't live it

Apr 21, 9:46 AM
Akagi-kun said:
At first I didn't like this arc, but after ch. 224 I thought a little bit about the events taking place in the last chapters and rethought Misaki arc. I already mentioned that.
In terms of what happened, Rui made a damn stupid move. After breaking up with Rui, Natsuo really was very vulnerable and could, for example, get hooked on drugs and get carried away with alcohol and so on. We all saw how depressed he was. At first I was surprised that neither Hina nor Serizawa tried to support Natsuo (I mean in romance terms), because it was obvious that Natsuo was in great need of support. And if Hina had tried to support him, I'm sure Natsuo would have accepted that help and the possibility of ending the story with Hina would have been more likely. But that explains that the author wanted to leave that uncertainty in the plot for now, because the point of the arc isn't who Natsuo will end up with, but how damn easy it is to ruin your life (and how easy it is to ruin another person's life, too).
I hope Rui also finds out what happened and realizes what a damn stupid move she made...

Yeah, it felt really strange, Serizawa just gave up on doing anything, she didn’t interact with Natsuo at all, though not long ago she was doing everything to start dating Natsuo

Apr 22, 12:48 AM

Akagi-kun said:

Well, yeah drugs are bad m`kay. but kidnapping, and Kobayashi-san dodging a bullet, I am really hope that new arc will be better.

Apr 25, 10:22 AM
Akagi-kun said:

better before chef confess

Apr 25, 4:23 PM

I think the ultimate goal of this arc was just to have Hina save Natsuo to show that she cares about him. I have a feeling it will lead into the 2nd Hina-Nat relationship arc.

He saves her
She saves him
Try the relationship again.

Apr 26, 12:37 AM

hugedata said:
I think the ultimate goal of this arc was just to have Hina save Natsuo to show that she cares about him. I have a feeling it will lead into the 2nd Hina-Nat relationship arc.

He saves her
She saves him

If this is the case, it will be bad news for Rui (and for me, too). Usually, in romance I met only 3(4) romance plots schemes: 1, 1-2, 1-2-1, 1-2-3, may be 1-2-2. But I don't remember reading romance with a 1-2-1-2 scheme. So or Natsuo won't accept Hina's feelings, then it will be Rui endgame. If he does, the endgame will be with Hina. what we need to understand is, who is "1" here. If to take in attention romantic relationship, then "1" - Hina...
I'm came to this conclusion and now i'm sad...

I'm only hoping for Natsuo now. If to take into account the Sasuga's previous work, it's a man has to make a choice.

Apr 26, 12:49 AM
idk guys, i think that Hina, as a good big sister, gonna call Rui the things that happend to Natsou in conversation or something. Rui has to strong feelings for Natsou that she can really go on with Chef, even if she still have a half year in manhattan.

tbh, i think that Rui gonna reject Chef after his confess and she will go on that the love to Natsou is the true and only one. Like Akagi-Kun said, the story with the grandma can't be ignored

Apr 26, 1:44 AM

Jonerthan said:
idk guys, i think that Hina, as a good big sister, gonna call Rui the things that happend to Natsou in conversation or something.

She's not do it, i think.
As i said, I only hope Natsuo makes a choice and sticks to it and he not gonna bounce back and forth between Rui and Hina like shit in the ice-hole (we have this saying, but i'm not really sure the English speaking contries have the same).

Apr 26, 2:37 AM
Akagi-kun said:
Jonerthan said:
idk guys, i think that Hina, as a good big sister, gonna call Rui the things that happend to Natsou in conversation or something.

As i said, I only hope Natsuo makes a choice and sticks to it and he not gonna bounce back and forth between Rui and Hina like shit in the ice-hole (we have this saying, but i'm not really sure the English speaking contries have the same).

Yeah, i think so too. It's just a personal hope. But i can't truly believe that Chef-kun has any chance to win Rui in a relationship. There are too many flashbacks that will blow the mood, when chef-kun try to go further. i totally agree with your opinion, that Natsuo sticks with a choice and after half a year he win Rui back

Apr 26, 3:25 AM

Akagi-kun said:
Jonerthan said:

agree,
Hina wont do it, she will think: Maybe now is the good time to win Natsuo back? but she will not do it as she wont be able to hurt Rui. Chef-kun will get rejected. And whole break up between Natsuo and Rui is going to get explained as a warning to long distance relationships.

Apr 30, 5:21 AM

Akagi-kun said:
hugedata said:

He saves her
She saves him

If this is the case, it will be bad news for Rui (and for me, too). Usually, in romance I met only 3(4) romance plots schemes: 1, 1-2, 1-2-1, 1-2-3, may be 1-2-2. But I don't remember reading romance with a 1-2-1-2 scheme. So or Natsuo won't accept Hina's feelings, then it will be Rui endgame. If he does, the endgame will be with Hina. what we need to understand is, who is "1" here. If to take in attention romantic relationship, then "1" - Hina...
I'm came to this conclusion and now i'm sad...

I'm only hoping for Natsuo now. If to take into account the Sasuga's previous work, it's a man has to make a choice.

Relationship schemes represented in numbers don't really work that well because there is always a lot of "Almost in a relationship" moments in romance manga. Especially the harem-type where one MC has multiple choices and a relationship doesn't happen until he picks one. And sometimes there is just sex that doesn't turn into a real relationship. Or the love is unrequited, or someone dies before they can actually go out. So there are too many factors to just give it a number scheme.

Preview MangaManga Store