Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2019 11:03 AM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nobody (and nothing) died this time...
Apr 21, 2019 8:54 PM

Dec 2015
Ohh I bet the furfags are going to love this one.

Seriously though, this show is kind of uninteresting. The premise of the show sounded so promising but it's just so poorly executed. This episode was particularly bad. I'll give it a couple more episodes but I may end up dropping it because it's just too bland. Even the characters' faces are emotionless.
Apr 21, 2019 9:26 PM

Aug 2015
The main character seems OP and since it'll have 13 episodes I really doubt we'd get too much of his background. And there we have that fairy something anime that is absolutely pathetic with 26 episodes...
This one's totally my personal favorite of the season - reminds me a little bit of Toriko and the vast world of unexplored lands.
Apr 21, 2019 9:29 PM

Oct 2015
What a great episode. Totally emotional!

I thought Stu and Stein won't recognize him and go full berserk on him, but it turned out they did and remember. Megmell must be a rough place to make them like that. I love this series now and Inyo's powers are awesome, those guns he summoned were badass. Favorite character this season for sure.

Can't wait for the next episode!!!!!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 21, 2019 9:35 PM

Oct 2015
Bawse said:
The main character seems OP and since it'll have 13 episodes I really doubt we'd get too much of his background.
I don't think so too, but I am interested since he knows so much of the place.

But nonetheless I like the show too and I hope if it's a 1-cour we'll have a follow up.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 21, 2019 11:09 PM
Jan 2019
Good episode
I thought the rich man wanted to go to Magmel with other intentions, but I was wrong, he turned out to be a great guy. His actions were sincere.
I was surprised that his friends mutated to such a degree.

Well, in the end Inyou and Zero came out winning with the pudding. LOL.
Apr 22, 2019 12:18 AM
Aug 2014
This world just doesn't feel alive at all, the side stories and combat are both dull. It's not horrible in terms of entertainment, but it feels like the show has nothing to give.
The failed emotional impact too. Not much hope left for this one.
Apr 22, 2019 2:40 AM
Mar 2015
I love the premise it's just not very well executed in my opinion, this is the 3rd episode now that has felt exactly the same, like what is the end goal here?
Apr 22, 2019 4:26 AM

Nov 2016
Good News.Your friends are still alive....You could've phrased that better xD

Episode wasn't bad, kinda liked the bittersweet ending.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 22, 2019 7:08 AM

Feb 2017
dbaranyi said:
Nobody (and nothing) died this time...

Lol came here to see if anyone pointed it out and it ends up being the OP, so weird after so much death on the first two episodes for this one to end so peacefully.
Apr 22, 2019 9:13 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a quiet day in the office huh. Still its nice to see Zero and Inyou get to spend some time together. They sure got to meet that bird in the real pretty quickly lol. Hmm to think that despite the danger that there will be people willing to settle on Magmel though. So the client wishes for the friends that were poisoned who he ran away from to be found then. Talk about an unusual request. To the client though returning to Magmel must give him some rather mixed feelings. Forcing animals to fight against each other though sure was in ill taste. The fact that they were children back then doesn't exactly exempt them. The fact that those two friends ended up becoming beasts though was interesting. Almost as if the land has cursed them for the cruelty that they showed. Despite their changes the fact that they retained at least fragments of their memories was a blessing in a way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2019 1:14 PM
Sep 2018
Yeah I've given up on this show. I haven't looked forward to the episodes and all 3 have been pretty boring. Which is sad because I wanted to like this so much but I just can't . The banter at the beginning was good, but the rest was so boring to me that I couldn't sit through it
Apr 22, 2019 5:03 PM

Mar 2019
Yeah I still don't know how to feel about this show. It's not bad, but it's not as interesting as it could be either.
Apr 22, 2019 5:59 PM
DarkFlame Master

Aug 2015
Just look at this background!!
Man, for a moment 2 weeks ago I thought it looked way better than yaiba but this makes me doubt a lot. Still I do see future on the series, even ifit's just another decent to light good monster of the week

Shingster said:
Hmm a quiet day in the office huh. Still its nice to see Zero and Inyou get to spend some time together. They sure got to meet that bird in the real pretty quickly lol. Hmm to think that despite the danger that there will be people willing to settle on Magmel though. So the client wishes for the friends that were poisoned who he ran away from to be found then. Talk about an unusual request. To the client though returning to Magmel must give him some rather mixed feelings. Forcing animals to fight against each other though sure was in ill taste. The fact that they were children back then doesn't exactly exempt them. The fact that those two friends ended up becoming beasts though was interesting. Almost as if the land has cursed them for the cruelty that they showed. Despite their changes the fact that they retained at least fragments of their memories was a blessing in a way.

That's a cool way to put it, I still think it's a little weird that he waited all taht time if we really cared about his missing friends. i still would like a more sci fi take more rather than a fantasy one though
PossumistApr 22, 2019 6:07 PM
Apr 22, 2019 8:12 PM

Jan 2013
rich guy when he was young look like a Pokemon or one of those long running Card Battle show protagonist

at least this week had a decent happy ending
Apr 23, 2019 3:24 AM

Mar 2016
The animation was weird at times.

Even though they'd asked us to get pudding ready for this episode, I forgot all about it.

How could Zero be so cruel? Inyo just wanted to have some pudding! Limiting someone as cute as Inyo to have not more than 20 puddings a day is ruthless and cold.

I was quite surprised that Deysam, a fictional rich old man, was not secretly a villain.
Apr 23, 2019 12:23 PM
Mar 2019
So the guy just lets the bird that he paid 1 billion esk for just fly away? Man runs 3 different enterprises and doesn't even think to re-auction the fucking bird?
Apr 23, 2019 5:48 PM
Sep 2016
Am I the only person who noticed that Hawai'i has been completely screwed by this new continent? I feel bad for all the people who were living there who just woke up to a new continent with giant murderous beasts =P. Enjoying it so far, but I'm not too hard to please.
Apr 23, 2019 7:00 PM
Mar 2016
So far i'm really interested in the anime. Its not about the story because there is no relation between ewch episode but its about the humain stupidity and what to learn from them. Can't wait to see what he will create with his powers next. (Inyou seems to love guns xd)
Apr 23, 2019 7:27 PM

Feb 2017
It was a decent episode, this season if one of the worst, only a few shows to view and they are a little above the average only. Waiting to Attack of titan to save the season for good.

The good thing about this anime is that have a dark "side B" thats remember me of Hunter x Hunter,
more over the last arc that fight with giant insects.

In fact is the only anime that comes a little near to be like Hunter x Hunter, the others don't bother
to try to be hunter genre U_U.

- Kilua is waiting for us in 2020. I hope so.
Henceforth_WhiteApr 23, 2019 7:31 PM
Apr 23, 2019 7:56 PM
Jul 2018
Well, this was quite good. I hope the fan base keeps growing. I am definitely gonna want more of this shit.
Apr 24, 2019 9:47 AM

May 2018
Man, rich guy buys a rare bird for a billion eck only to set it free.
Apr 24, 2019 4:35 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
30 years later and the bat monster is still wearing the kid’s glasses? *GIANT EYEROLL* 🙄
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Apr 25, 2019 1:16 AM

Dec 2016
This show is okay and all but I'm probably gonna drop it mainly because I don't see it telling any kind of story past this point that I'm really going to care about
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 26, 2019 2:49 AM

Oct 2008
I want pudding as well!
the episode itself was okay...no more going back from being poisoned monsters.
Did he just wasted a billion worth of any kind of currency!? damn! he just let the birb go!
4/5.

Apr 26, 2019 6:36 PM

Mar 2017
all of the puting parts were super cute loved it
Apr 28, 2019 11:58 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Sickpuppy said:
Just look at this background!!
Man, for a moment 2 weeks ago I thought it looked way better than yaiba but this makes me doubt a lot. Still I do see future on the series, even ifit's just another decent to light good monster of the week

Shingster said:

That's a cool way to put it, I still think it's a little weird that he waited all taht time if we really cared about his missing friends. i still would like a more sci fi take more rather than a fantasy one though

I had the same thought as well. Maybe the guilt and the fear of not wanting to admit that he caused their transformations held him back.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2019 9:07 PM
Oct 2013
Why they landed in wildlands while in the first episode Inyo said that they couldn't?
Oct 2013
Why they landed in wildlands while in the first episode Inyo said that they couldn't?
Oct 2013
Oct 2013
May 3, 2019 10:14 AM

Jun 2017
Welp, that was weird, his friends turned into a bat monster and a scorpion-like creature. This reminds me of...... Human Transmutation. Dog and Girl specifically.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
May 3, 2019 11:31 PM

Jul 2016
I'm gonna be honest here, I only started watching this cuz of Prince of Tennis... But I actually really like the universe of this show.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

May 4, 2019 5:08 AM
Jul 2017
oreiyama-sama said:
Am I the only person who noticed that Hawai'i has been completely screwed by this new continent? I feel bad for all the people who were living there who just woke up to a new continent with giant murderous beasts =P.

yeah! I also wondered what happened to global sea levels - goodbye New York and Amsterdam.

Not to mention weather patterns that depend on the Pacific, e.g. El Niño... instant climate shift... crops fail... millions dead...
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
May 4, 2019 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
So this is kind of an happy ending. Not going to lie, I was surprised because I expected the guy to get eaten by his old friends.
Jun 6, 2019 8:24 PM

Aug 2018
I quite enjoyed that short story even though it was melancholy. At least Zero ended up with pudding for life.
Jun 6, 2019 11:01 PM

Apr 2018
So, they were fighting all this time since they turned into monsters? That's sad.
I'm glad that Zero and the boss got puddings. 20 a day is more than enough though lmao
Sep 14, 2019 9:19 AM

Jul 2015
Glad that the rich guy changed from a terrible person as kid into somewhat of a good person

Pretty sad that his friends couldn't turn back, but on the other hand it is impressive that they survived for so many decades considering all the dangers

Jan 1, 2020 5:31 AM

Jun 2019
OMG I shouldn't be laughing
OMG I shouldn't be laughing
Omg

But steins glasses made me laugh too much , what an animal
I mean what an insect, so detestable
Mar 5, 2023 12:11 AM
Jul 2021
This episode is the one that took me off from this show, how can you fumble it so badly? The premise of this show was so awesome but the execution of it is sh!tte! C'mon it's like one day the "secret" that one of the animators was/is a furry got out and someone decided to "punish" said animator by making this terrible episode.

And I was just about to recommend this anime to a friend! Baby Jesus on a cracker, he dodged a bullet!
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

P_S_Y_C_H_O - May 6, 2019

63 by jenkitsune »»
Jan 31, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmell Episode 13 Discussion

alexanderthekek - Jun 23, 2019

38 by MeanEYE »»
Dec 21, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 6 Discussion

el_morris - May 12, 2019

26 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Jun 6, 2023 4:02 PM

» Gunjou no Magmell Episode 12 Discussion

Luroon - Jun 27, 2019

1 by Dawizz »»
Mar 17, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 10 Discussion

alexanderthekek - Jun 2, 2019

19 by Dawizz »»
Mar 16, 2023 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.