Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion

Apr 23, 3:54 PM

DiabloMask said:
Xenocrisi said:

Actually there were even more monologues in the manga

Are we gonna have this problem in future episodes too?

I think so
Because the monologues in the manga work, while in the anime can be found long and boring sometimes, and that’s a pity

Apr 23, 4:19 PM
thiago52192 said:
This was probably the best episode of the year in terms of direction and soundtrack. But still, the story so far isn't really that interesting. This show can really be something amazing if it does improve that later

Best episode of the year in what sense?, because there definitely have been better episodes this year especially in terms of direction.

Apr 23, 5:27 PM

Sabito and Makomo *show up*
Me: They're dead aren't they

*Episode ends*
Me: THEY WERE FUCKING DEAD ALL ALONG AREN'T THEY

Hated it 5/5
Love both the characters, also they are were perfect ship material ugh

Apr 23, 7:34 PM

MaahHeim said:

*Episode ends*

Hated it 5/5

Don't worry, we have a superior ship material in the future.

Apr 23, 8:00 PM

ExaltedChampion said:
MaahHeim said:

*Episode ends*

Hated it 5/5

Don't worry, we have a superior ship material in the future.

Oooh~
That sounds exciting! I'll be waiting for it, thanks

Apr 23, 8:59 PM

One of my favorite manga is now becoming one of my favorite anime; Ufotable, you are bae.

Apr 23, 10:27 PM

The demon corps training was a bit underwhelming. I think if they were able to explain the importance of all of the aspects of his training and show how his relationship with Urokodaki developed, it'd be more interesting. Also, I think i'd like this anime a little more if they gave us more information about Tanjirou and his family's past. It's a little hard to get a feel for his character and to empathize with his tough journey in becoming a demon slayer when we don't know much about him.
Despite these little criticisms, I enjoyed this episode and adored Sabito and Makomo
Modified by mayaith, Apr 23, 10:33 PM

Apr 24, 2:09 AM

Another average episode in terms of story. Generic training montage stuff happens without any real characterization much less character development. Since the plot doesn't know what to do with Nezuko, she just sleeps the whole time so the MC can go through his training montage uninterrupted - for a year or two. How convenient!

Once again, excessive, awkward voice over internal monologue and narration that detracts from immersion. Worse, it makes the pacing feel rushed as events are skimmed over in a few words of exposition instead of given the screen time they deserve.

Also still getting the random injections of misplaced humor - that would feel less out of place in a slice of life comedy - in otherwise serious scenes in order to keep the attention of modern anime watchers.

The two new characters are ... passable. In that they are the kind of pretentious and/or melodramatic types that you would expect of a shounen anime. The dialog given to Sabito is particularly cringy though - who writes this stuff? Of course, their only narrative purpose in this episode was to advance the MC's character, so whatever.

The highlight of the episode was of course the twist ending, if you could call it that. However, one clever idea does not a story make, and this one is hardly original.

I'm still left wondering what the point of this series is supposed to be. It's not the plot, because it's about as generic and rehashed as they come. It's not the characters, because there isn't much of interest here. Tanjiro trains and gets stronger; not surprising, and necessary given the way the narrative is constructed.

The last half of this episode was just good enough that I'll keep watching, but I've kind of resigned myself that this series will not be able to offer anything truly unexpected or original in future installments.

Kamiyan3991 said:
This "breathing" mechanic is dumb as fuck, if you ask me...

In Claymore, they had to get demon bits transplanted into them in order to gain their superpowers. In this story they just need to breath right and they can cut rocks in half. If only someone had told the Claymores, they could have been saved a lot of trouble!
Modified by SSL443, Apr 24, 2:18 AM

Apr 24, 10:18 AM

SSL443 said:
Another average episode in terms of story. Generic training montage stuff happens without any real characterization much less character development. Since the plot doesn't know what to do with Nezuko, she just sleeps the whole time so the MC can go through his training montage uninterrupted - for a year or two. How convenient!

Once again, excessive, awkward voice over internal monologue and narration that detracts from immersion. Worse, it makes the pacing feel rushed as events are skimmed over in a few words of exposition instead of given the screen time they deserve.

Also still getting the random injections of misplaced humor - that would feel less out of place in a slice of life comedy - in otherwise serious scenes in order to keep the attention of modern anime watchers.

The two new characters are ... passable. In that they are the kind of pretentious and/or melodramatic types that you would expect of a shounen anime. The dialog given to Sabito is particularly cringy though - who writes this stuff? Of course, their only narrative purpose in this episode was to advance the MC's character, so whatever.

The highlight of the episode was of course the twist ending, if you could call it that. However, one clever idea does not a story make, and this one is hardly original.

I'm still left wondering what the point of this series is supposed to be. It's not the plot, because it's about as generic and rehashed as they come. It's not the characters, because there isn't much of interest here. Tanjiro trains and gets stronger; not surprising, and necessary given the way the narrative is constructed.

The last half of this episode was just good enough that I'll keep watching, but I've kind of resigned myself that this series will not be able to offer anything truly unexpected or original in future installments.

Kamiyan3991 said:
This "breathing" mechanic is dumb as fuck, if you ask me...

In Claymore, they had to get demon bits transplanted into them in order to gain their superpowers. In this story they just need to breath right and they can cut rocks in half. If only someone had told the Claymores, they could have been saved a lot of trouble!
Yes it's convenient but nezuko goes to sleep to preserve energy because she hasn't eaten anything and she need to get used to the trasformation in demon.
Actually the inner dialogues in manga works more because it's only images,and the monologues in this ep were the stuff that tanjirou wrote in the diary,infact the chapter titles of this episode are tanjiro's diary.

Sabito and Makomo appears a few times in the future wait for more episodes.

The plot isn't even started,the characters in this shounen are among the best in all shounen i've read,especially tanjirou is my favourite shonen mc ever,he has the best personality i've seen in shounen,always kind and honest,he feels bad about the demons that he kill because he feels their sadness,demons were once humans,he only hate the main villain and few more,the other characters are all very good.

People die in this manga,and the wounded ones even go in coma for months after a great fight,fights are very good because they have good tension and they are unpredictable you never know who will die or win.

there are few jokes but mostly after a big arc during training or rest, or at the begining of an arc before a demon appears,once a fight start it will go for even 20-25 chapters in important arcs.

I suggest you to continue watching this anime because trust me it's a good but very good shounen,in my top 5 along with gashbell,doubutsu no kuni,sengoku youko and magi and tower of god and i am very critical with shounen.
Modified by nanashi796, Apr 24, 10:29 AM

Apr 24, 10:53 AM

nanashi796 said:
Yes it's convenient but nezuko goes to sleep to preserve energy because she hasn't eaten anything and she need to get used to the trasformation in demon.

An in-world justification doesn't make it less of a plot convenience. Is it a huge deal? No, but it's still a weakness in the writing and that doesn't bode well.

Actually the inner dialogues in manga works more because it's only images,and the monologues in this ep were the stuff that tanjirou wrote in the diary,infact the chapter titles of this episode are tanjiro's diary.

Sure, and the point of an adaptation is to alter the execution of the story to fit a different medium. In an anime or film, covering too much in monoglogue damages the pacing and immersion.

Sabito and Makomo appears a few times in the future wait for more episodes.

"Wait for more episodes", uh oh. I've heard that one before.

The plot isn't even started,the characters in this shounen are among the best in all shounen i've read,especially tanjirou is my favourite shonen mc ever,he has the best personality i've seen in shounen,always kind and honest,he feels bad about the demons that he kill because he feels their sadness,demons were once humans,he only hate the main villain and few more,the other characters are all very good.

This is one huge sentence. To the point, the plot has absolutely started. Plot is just the events of the story and I'm pretty sure the three episodes that we've had so far constitute story, or at least "events". If what you say is true, though, that leaves the question as to why it is even in the anime, if it isn't actually part of the "plot".

People die in this manga,and the wounded ones even go in coma for months after a great fight,fights are very good because they have good tension and they are unpredictable you never know who will die or win.

We'll see. This episode was pretty predictable.

Apr 24, 3:33 PM
apparently spirits/ghosts can physically manifest considering one of them kicked mc in the face and sparred with him. interesting.

Apr 24, 5:06 PM
Good Animations and OST. Really enjoyed the ep finally we can see Tanjirou becoming stronger. Sabitou vs Tanjirou was great and he finally sliced the boulder!

Apr 25, 3:45 AM

Wow the adaptation is amazing so far. I got really emotional ;_;
:3

Apr 25, 6:10 AM
ttcchen said:
The way Sabito smiled at the end was so heart wrenching. It's painful. A very sad smile.
I do wonder how it's possible to cut the mask and the rock but not the human in between?
they're already dead, both of them.

Apr 25, 10:30 AM

Ok it goes the generic Shounen way by introducing new Characters as plot devices (at least so far) and by having a training episode,animation and sound was great tho

Something generic can turn out pretty good we just have to see if it actually uses the tropes or will just have them for sake of "oh yea why not"

Still dont know how to feel about the show to be honest

Apr 25, 11:42 AM

HONESTLY, I'm obsessed with this already. I might actually read the manga.
Can't wait for the next episode.

Apr 25, 2:29 PM

This may be the blandest anime I've seen in a while actually rated decently. I know that that Spring is slow but holy hell why do people enjoy such a tasteless, cliche anime?

Apr 25, 6:50 PM

What is this? This episode is much better that the second.

The only issue is the pacing. It went from 10% to 100% so quickly xd.

Life has no meaning.

Apr 25, 9:13 PM

Another spectacular episode! not much to say but it was greatly done when Tanjirou was able to cut down that boulder!
Nezuko in deep slumber? i wonder is there's an explanation to that? maybe vampire like attributes?
5/5.

Apr 26, 3:28 AM
As usual great animation, i love the combat choreography, but the plot feels a little bit rushed and boring. And its actually stray far away from my expectation, with how they presented the first episode i expect this anime to be a little bit dark and gritty but its actually more bright and lighthearted. but nothing wrong with that.

Hopefully they can maintain the quality of the animation.

3/5

Apr 26, 6:17 AM

A decent training episode. Nice to see that he finally cut that damn rock.

Apr 26, 1:57 PM
TitaniaErza105 said:

can someone who reads the manga just tell me if the time goes by that fast as well? Like
6 months and than puf 6 more months

It's actually a bit faster in the manga; 2 whole year passed in the space of 2 chapters. If anything, the anime expands on the training.

Apr 27, 9:38 AM

Great storytelling.

Apr 27, 2:44 PM

Damn two years to get this stuff down....he spent too much time whining.

Apr 27, 6:38 PM

The ending made it look like sabito and makomo weren't 'real' I mean sort of as apparitions or something idk.
The comedy is a bit weird at times though it's not bad-weird. I actually liked some comedy parts.

And is that breathing technique a Jojo ref? XD
Forgetting that you'll die someday, is just one of the little privileges human beings have.

Apr 27, 6:45 PM

The first two episodes of Kimestu no Yaiba were amazing and episode three provided even more greatness. The training episode was masterfully done and by the time the ED started I felt like I had only been watching for a few minutes. Thats the sign of truly great content!

Apr 27, 7:19 PM

I really liked this training arc episode. Tanjirou is really willing to push himself to his breaking point and beyond to save his sister. Crazy it took him like 2 years to get it though, but those techniques seem pretty serious. I only wish they made him more muscular or something to show the progress he made.

Sabito and Makomo were really cool, Makomo's voice was really cute. I figured maybe Urokodaki sent them to help Tanjirou, until Sabito disappeared and he saw that he cut the boulder.

I thought the "scent of the thread" thing was pretty cool, it seems his training has given him the ability to sense things he couldn't before. I'm interested to see how his powers will progress.

Apr 30, 8:04 PM
What druggs he used ?

Apr 30, 11:10 PM
I've nothing but praises for this episode once again. The pacing is on point, neither fast nor slow. Despite the inner monologues, my butt was stick to the edge of my chair the whole time. This series is way better than Tales of Zestiria, which is one of the rarer series that I didn't like coming out from ufotable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 1, 5:08 AM

VERY good episode, it surely is breathtaking and the animation is gorgegous.

Hyped for the next episode!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

May 1, 8:48 PM

Great training!
Can't believe he spent 2 whole years training.
I wonder why his sister is still sleeping.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 4, 3:44 PM
Leo said:
A great episode.

Tanjirou's is continuing with his training and it is getting harder.

I was happy that he was able to slice that boulder.

bro this wasn't no great episode, literally nothing happened and nezuko just slept for 2 years

May 9, 6:50 PM

Crontroled breathing? It's Zeppeli behind the mask ! ! !

May 12, 11:22 PM

Why are the girls in this anime so damn cute?
lol tbh Ufotable makes everyone look beautiful

May 14, 3:14 PM

An ok episode, not much

May 14, 11:04 PM
Good animation but it's boring so far, is it worth it if continue this anime?

May 16, 6:50 AM

Wow, this was a fantastic climatic episode, felt very fast and accomplished. I'm at least glad that the main character didn't end up cutting the boulder on his first week of trial. You can tell how strong he's become.
Very interesting how nobody knows who's leading the demon slayer organization, it could turn out to be a very twisted turn at the end.
Very weird from those two faces who Tanjirou became very adapted with the past six months, they gave me some ghost vibes.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]