Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 5, 2019 7:59 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
So his sister is still on a coma huh?
I was here wondering how she was feeding herself since she never eaten after becoming a demon, but now she is sleeping so I guess no need to?

Later half of the episode was reallly good too, MC is slowly getting stronger and stronger.
Aug 10, 2019 6:41 AM

Mar 2009
Tsahi said:
"That's not what you call a man"

Oh please. Get that prehistoric way of thinking out of my face.

Now replace the word "man" with "warrior" or "demonslayer" then it is an acceptable phrasing. Not all men are destined to fight you know, this is a form of sexism.

It's almost as if the story is set in Japan at least 100 years ago lol.
Also, it's not necessarily about fighting, but nobody likes an immature, weak, and whiny man.
Aug 11, 2019 2:35 PM

Apr 2018
Seems kinda nutty. Like they didn't really explain how he was supposed to get stronger, they're just like yup, figure out it nerd -_- lol

Like was it just a mental thing that he had to overcome to understand how to do it, or was it simply that he hadn't trained enough to be able to do it? or maybe a combination of both?

Also strange how these kids came out of nowhere, where were they hiding all this time? Was the old man going off and visiting other kids while Tanjirou was training?
Aug 12, 2019 7:42 AM
Jun 2019
Astrophh said:
It's almost as if the story is set in Japan at least 100 years ago lol.
Also, it's not necessarily about fighting, but nobody likes an immature, weak, and whiny man.

Except that in this particular instance it is about his fighting ability. And that has nothing to do with one's gender.

Example: There are female demonslayers. What's he gonna do when trying to train them?

Forcing gender roles down people's throats disrespects both the gender in question by making them 'get in line' and the opposite gender as if they are unfit to perform that role.

It's like people want to keep living in prehistoric times despite the fact that they belong in history. Accept change and let the new world take shape, humans evolve and thus women will not stay weaker than men forever. The neanderthal monkeys are fighting it but change is inevitable.

These hidden regressive messages in shows aimed at children are not acceptable.
Aug 14, 2019 12:47 AM

Dec 2015
Classical training section, albeit very shortened. The use of a diary made it flow better than it should have.

My only problem was the rock cutting: I have nothing against letting the hero think back on his training, but having him acquiring "special techniques" from his training in an invisible way seemed weir (to me). Had he been let alone and came back with them, I wouldn't have find it so weird.

4/5 Unlike Enen no Shôbôtai that shines only through its visual technique (designs on the other hand...), this series that also adapts a fairly average/typical shônen action adventure shows a good flair in direction (despite its tendency to overdramatize certain scenes)
Rei_IIIAug 14, 2019 12:56 AM
Aug 17, 2019 4:03 PM

Mar 2014
Dang, Nezuko's been asleep for 2 years. I'd be worried as hell too if I was Tanjiro. I really hope there's a way for her to be human again
Aug 17, 2019 6:39 PM

Oct 2013
So after dropping this series on episode 2 and now I'm giving it a second try and I got to say this was a pretty decent episode, It never felt dull at all and the soundtrack sound familiar, not sure where I heard it before.

The first two episode I was bored to death and it just could not keep my attention, I'm not sure if it was because I had school during that time and I was just really busy or I wasn't in the mood, but anyways let's see how this goes.

Aug 21, 2019 6:25 PM

Oct 2013
Adorable episode with many obstacles Tanjiro had to avoid and overcome on his road to the final exam. The best part was with those two kids who helped him practicing everything and when he cut in half the stone, thinking before that it was a mask. Really beautiful and magical moment.
Aug 24, 2019 1:32 AM
Aug 2019
Do Sabito really slice the Boulder? 'cause on Episode 4 He said to Makomo that Tanjirou sliced the Boulder (conversation of Makomo and Sabito while Tanjirou is Fighting the Morphed Demon in Final Selection) which impacts me that Tanjirou is the only one who sliced it. Though he said on this episode while fighting Tanjirou that He sliced it (or did he only say it to pump Tanjirou up?). Did he really?? Just wondering if he really slice it.
Aug 24, 2019 2:11 AM

Dec 2018
Ax_El_Erate said:
Do Sabito really slice the Boulder? 'cause on Episode 4 He said to Makomo that Tanjirou sliced the Boulder (conversation of Makomo and Sabito while Tanjirou is Fighting the Morphed Demon in Final Selection) which impacts me that Tanjirou is the only one who sliced it. Though he said on this episode while fighting Tanjirou that He sliced it (or did he only say it to pump Tanjirou up?). Did he really?? Just wondering if he really slice it.

Tanjirou sliced the biggest and toughest one. Urokodaki said that he kept giving the children bigger boulders to deter them from the final selection
Sep 22, 2019 6:45 AM
Apr 2016
How to show pure and strong motivation ? Exactly that. I think this episode is great.
Sep 29, 2019 10:11 PM

Mar 2015
Whoaaa great episode showing Tanjiro's slow but sure progression! So those two were the spirits living in that boulder?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 30, 2019 12:06 AM

Jun 2009
It's Hamon!

Pretty basic training episode, with only the trippy finale being somewhat noteworthy. Didn't really enjoy it. Two years though? Was his sister sleeping the whole time? Semms unhealthy...
Sep 30, 2019 12:13 AM

Jan 2018
I didn't enjoy watching characters training, but now I do.
Oct 2, 2019 7:14 PM
Nov 2015
The entire scene of Tanjiro ad Sabato and that girl giving an svante garde like pep talk was BEAUTIFUL. I love how Tanjiro became so masculine and so strong over the montage. And it when it was revealed that he had sliced the boulder....BOOM. Damn good way to end as episode that was so action packed.
Oct 14, 2019 6:29 PM

Jun 2013
axel360 said:
This one episode covered like two years, jeez.
YES. I was like, wait HOW LONG? I also hope Nezuko's okay. I mean, I know she's gonna wake up at some point, but something's def wrong...
MAL Profile (friend me!) | YouTube Vlogs
Nov 17, 2019 2:19 AM

Sep 2012
Tsahi said:

Now replace the word "man" with "warrior" or "demonslayer" then it is an acceptable phrasing. Not all men are destined to fight you know, this is a form of sexism.

this days awrything is sexist and rasist and offensive, if u want to see real sexists and racist watch this stories, ppl this youtubers talk about are rasists and sexist

Is Jeff Goldblum Getting Canceled?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VByKkMJcNg4
Puritans EXPOSED TORCHING ACTOR, because Goldblum DIDN'T LISTEN and BELIEVE! He ASKED for EVIDENCE!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEDU5Ej8ovE
Jeff Goldblum Is Canceled, hes being harassed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf48Nu2-pgM
7 Year Old Forced To Transition By Mom?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnzukbQDpSI
"I Want My Gender Back.." - TEEN DE-TRANSITIONERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68WyJjcazoY
🌈TRANSGENDER KIDS: It’s Time to Stop!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aASOrpBU2kg
“I’m a 10 Year Old Drag Queen” 🏳️‍🌈 STOP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=865V0PL2dqM
Charlize Theron is Raising Her Son as a Girl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii5pa3otJ5c
Charlize Theron & Megan Fox Brainwash Their Kids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0CPwSTm9FQ
Apparently inciting violence against men on NATIONAL TV is okay now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANpiR0Hn8FI
Overwatch 2 proves you should never bend the knee for Twitter Puritans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCvqFG2vbEU
William Shatner REKT Puritans Over "Woke Culture!' - "THIS IS YOUR FAULT!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjNYLEwLlCk
SJW Shocked Over Ancestry DNA Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FnZOGB4C-c
SJW Ancestry DNA Test Goes Wrong Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YGCfxQG4Mo

i know its dumb cause like u said not men all are..., but we shoul't be so sensitive about this like sjw nutjobs

Sugram22Nov 17, 2019 2:59 AM
Nov 21, 2019 6:40 PM

Jul 2013
I just love training arcs or episodes and this was no exception. The beginning was pretty good for Tanjirou but I guess everyone who gets told to split a rock with a katana in half gets confused or just doesn't know how this could ever work.

I was also surprised that this episode covered 2 years? With Makomos und Sabitos help Tanjirou was finally able to split that giant rock. I guess now he's ready for the final test.

I hope Nezuko is doing okay. I also wonder why she's not waking up. It's like she fell into a deep hibernation.

Nov 29, 2019 4:34 PM

Sep 2014
Gotta admit, the plot is incredibly minimalistic and cliché. The only things driving it forward so far are the art and animation
Dec 1, 2019 1:58 PM
Oct 2012
Good thing I dropped in this ep
Mar 13, 2020 12:19 PM
May 2019
I swear I'm going to kill Nezuko if she kept doing that stupid thing that doesn't even make any sense
Mar 18, 2020 4:46 PM
Mar 2020
starting 4 now but wow my heart broke when i found out sabito and that lil girl are dead LIKE SABITO WAS MY BABIEEEE hope i get to see him soon tho🤧
Apr 4, 2020 9:16 AM

Jul 2014
That was pretty good I liked the ending of the episode
Apr 7, 2020 10:04 AM
Nov 2015
dicecop said:
Gotta admit, the plot is incredibly minimalistic and cliché. The only things driving it forward so far are the art and animation

Finally someone. God, this episode was so boring! And Tanjirou talks too much
Jun 13, 2020 6:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Sabito and Makomo, were they a real human, i mean a demon slayer too? Idk. It still a questionable for me on this time, until some several episode in the future....

But still, using a diary book to narrate such a past event on the Tanjirou's trainings was really unexpected. Its the easiest way to speed up some unnecessary story plot, i guess. And i can't take it as the great way to introduced. Just, much effective i said, and really innovative. Nice job, there...

The technique really intrigueing. Its still fun to see some comedical expression from Tanjirou's and That Teacher Tengu. However, since this was only served as a basic training, and not much shit happening, i can't really said that was some great episode counted. However, i still marked that as a nice Introduction to the whole world of KnY. Only some little thing that may catch my attention there. But, ah, forget the shitness. Lets just continue to see how that Tanjirou's progressed the shit. On to some next level of the test : a final test!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 19, 2020 11:01 AM
Jan 2010
Gotta love these shitty plot device characters that disappear into the mist the moment it would be inconvenient to have them remain on screen.
Also the fact that his sister conveniently fell into a coma for over a year just so the writer doesn't have to actually depict how the character works now. What she eats or how she interacts with the main character. Just lazy, shitty writing. Also cool that no onis came by for a visit during this whole time.
Jul 6, 2020 2:46 PM

Mar 2020
so this bitch been sleeping for 2 years? fuck kinda demonic ass slumber is this son
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 16, 2020 6:31 AM
Jun 2020
it was ok. Although the episode was a bit slow it fits the shows pacing pretty well and is necessary for further development. The boulder being sliced is a bit confusing. The two other characters appeared out of nowhere and disappeared just as fast. Would've liked some more backstory.
Jul 26, 2020 2:17 AM

Dec 2010
I always love me some quality sword time in anime. Still not sure how he sliced the boulder even if it felt pretty cool though.
Aug 11, 2020 4:38 PM

Sep 2016
Way better than how the manga handled it. The manga barely gave any time to truly develop the training arc but this did it just fine.
Aug 26, 2020 12:36 PM

May 2016
It's crazy to see that two years had passed throughout this one episode and it consisted entirely of Tanjiro training to become a Demon Slayer while Nezuko snoozed throughout the whole thing.

Makomo and Sabito were really helpful and it looked like his years of training would've been for nothing if it weren't for the two. Despite them introducing themselves as kids that Sakonji raised and trained, it's almost as if they're spirits dwelling in the mountain, hm.

Sep 19, 2020 8:34 AM

Mar 2010
Loved seeing the training montage and the progression, I kinda expected dat ending but at the same time not in the way it was uhhh finalized for lack of a better word. Anyways twas entertaining.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 24, 2020 7:21 AM

Jul 2013
I've greatly enjoyed these first three episodes. I like stories about family sticking together and I usually enjoy training episodes. The ending caught me off guard. I wonder if those two kids who fought with and trained him were real.

Love the animation too, though this one had some cartoony comic relief bits.
Jan 1, 2021 5:58 AM

Jul 2015
To think Tanjiro trained a whole year to split a boulder into two.

Jan 4, 2021 7:52 AM

Apr 2020
Dude (Eren) Sabito training Tanjiro is so cool! What a fantastic above-average training arc and I felt happy when Tanjiro, though looking like he sliced Sabito's mask, has actually sliced the boulder. Yeah kinda confused with that but damn what a nice episode.
Jan 31, 2021 7:36 PM

Jul 2013
Kinda bad since he had an instructor to train him but never told him he mastered his movements and breathing, and dipped on him. It took a child to train him telling him about it for him to master it after 2 years. Weird how we saw he cut the mask but instead it was a boulder. Wondering if he was hallucinating 🤔. Okay episode.
Feb 15, 2021 4:32 PM

Feb 2014
wait.... wtf happened to Sabito and Makomo, that was so confusing, so he imagined them? how did they just randomly appear and then disappear then?
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Mar 10, 2021 8:27 PM

Jun 2009
Tsahi said:

does this anime make you feel emasculated?
Apr 5, 2021 3:45 AM

Feb 2019
Wow, what a beautiful ending...

I honestly don't know whether those were real people or figments of his imagination. I'm assuming we'll see them later though.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 8, 2021 11:42 AM
Jul 2020
Hard work truly does pay off. Tanjiro is the perfect example..
Apr 30, 2021 2:31 AM

Apr 2013
That dude definitely talked too much about what a man should be and not be. When did Nezuko fall asleep btw, I don't remember that happening last episode.
May 20, 2021 1:09 AM

Apr 2021
Great episode...He trained really hard..and now he can finally eat the fruit of his labor..man that boulder actually sliced in two..really love this show
May 28, 2021 5:55 PM
Mar 2021
Why was such an amazing character design was wasted on a dead character.
May 29, 2021 4:00 AM
Mar 2021
Man that fighting was something else, well Tanjiro is on his way to become a demon slayer
May 29, 2021 4:05 AM
Mar 2021
Oh wow, I was glued to the screen, and when the ending song played I was like “WAIT WHAT NOOOO”.
Beautiful episode, the quality of this episode was something noteworthy.
Got goosebumps at the end when Tanjorou sliced the boulder
Jun 4, 2021 10:42 PM
Mar 2021
Oh wow, I was glued to the screen, and when the ending song played I was like “WAIT WHAT NOOOO”.
Beautiful episode, the quality of this episode was something noteworthy.
Got goosebumps at the end when Tanjorou sliced the boulder
Jun 7, 2021 1:02 AM
Mar 2021
man that was some sick OST and Animation.
Jun 9, 2021 12:07 PM

Jan 2019
An 18 month episode... can't say I'm typically a fan of choices like that, condensing a long story and period of growth into 22 minutes... but at least they did it well here.
Jun 11, 2021 3:54 PM
Mar 2021
Heard more great OSTs this ep
Jun 18, 2021 11:42 PM

Feb 2014
Nezuko's casually been sleeping for like 2 years lol

I wish Sabito hadn't put so much of a focus on Tanjirou being a “man” that's just a whole kinda meh idea for me :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

17 by ApolloD »»
Yesterday, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1094 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

41 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.