Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Carole & Tuesday Episode 2 Discussion

Apr 21, 9:20 AM
Treasure Hunter

Mythologically said:
MiiyoSon said:

Why is that if you don't mind me asking?

I find the characters, so far, to be unrelatable walking stereotypes, so the whole drama aspect with the song at the end induced nothing but cringe. I just don't see why the show is trying to make me feel emotional when I've known these characters for like 30 minutes. The whole thing with the song randomly going viral in a day just added on to this.

While I don't like the word cringe used like this, I agree with the notion. It's a nice looking show, but so far it feels fairly generic.
All details that all just emphasize how special the two main girls are and how perfect of a match they are are almost getting a little obnoxious.
We don't see them putting any effort into training and improving their skills or them getting to work on a partnership with ups and lows - other than the scene in episode one when they were "tuning" to match the other, that was really cute - and see them acquire not just a million views, but a million likes. Within that short time seems way to unreasonable.
I mean, I'm aware this show isn't aiming at an Underdogs-working-their-way-up-with-talent-and-passion-trope many music shows like this follow, the first episode was pretty explicit about that, but it still feels unearned.
And it feels frustrating in a season with a show like Sarazanmai, a show that really feels fresh and engaging, if a lot less comprehensible, yet this is where everyone's eyes are.
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Apr 21, 10:15 AM
Natsuaki said:
Mythologically said:

I find the characters, so far, to be unrelatable walking stereotypes, so the whole drama aspect with the song at the end induced nothing but cringe. I just don't see why the show is trying to make me feel emotional when I've known these characters for like 30 minutes. The whole thing with the song randomly going viral in a day just added on to this.

While I don't like the word cringe used like this, I agree with the notion. It's a nice looking show, but so far it feels fairly generic.
All details that all just emphasize how special the two main girls are and how perfect of a match they are are almost getting a little obnoxious.
We don't see them putting any effort into training and improving their skills or them getting to work on a partnership with ups and lows - other than the scene in episode one when they were "tuning" to match the other, that was really cute - and see them acquire not just a million views, but a million likes. Within that short time seems way to unreasonable.
I mean, I'm aware this show isn't aiming at an Underdogs-working-their-way-up-with-talent-and-passion-trope many music shows like this follow, the first episode was pretty explicit about that, but it still feels unearned.
And it feels frustrating in a season with a show like Sarazanmai, a show that really feels fresh and engaging, if a lot less comprehensible, yet this is where everyone's eyes are.

And on that note, I completely understand this, and honestly agree. Watanabe has always been a guy who focused on style over substance and a huge focus on music that sometimes, the characters take a back seat. The world is vibrant, the music is varied, and there's 22 episode to go, but I doubt these characters are going to stick in our heads until episode 7 or 8 when they start performing and doing some ups and downs, practice writing lyrics and working on the melody will help create a moment.

Honestly, the real complaint I had was I never really remembered the characters Watanabe makes or get involved, just the moment and emotional experience of said characters involved. Can consider that a flaw I witness every time he makes a show, so would need a strong script writer to combat that. I would hope Watanabe breaks the trend, but I'm not going to be mad if he doesn't. Just disappointed.

Apr 21, 10:47 AM

@BRK25

Can you stop ignoring the fact that Roddy physically manifesting himself in the music hall is not in any way explained by your stupid shit about social media and technology? Thanks. Once again, you've ignored this, what, 4 times now? My problem is that he physically exists in the music hall at the same time that they are performing.

If Mary Sue does not fit the exact definition, how about paragon of virtue? Is that better? Her getting fired from every job is not a flaw. She literally chooses to get fired from them, as in the previous burger example where she decides that being an epic gamer is more important than keeping her job.

When I made my one sentence post about finding the show cringy, I had no other purpose other than what the fucking thread is for: sharing your opinion of the show. I didn't come here to have an argument, neither did I come here to explain why I dislike the show. I also didn't come here to "offer insight on what I would like in an anime". If I wanted to do that, I'd wait for episode 6 and write a review like a normal human. That's why reviews exist. You seem to have completely missed the whole purpose of my single sentence that I typed in 3 seconds that somehow started all of this.

Also, no. I can identify that a character is a literal stereotype without having to be able to write a good character. Simple.

Apr 21, 11:02 AM
Treasure Hunter

BRK25 said:
Natsuaki said:

And on that note, I completely understand this, and honestly agree. Watanabe has always been a guy who focused on style over substance and a huge focus on music that sometimes, the characters take a back seat. The world is vibrant, the music is varied, and there's 22 episode to go, but I doubt these characters are going to stick in our heads until episode 7 or 8 when they start performing and doing some ups and downs, practice writing lyrics and working on the melody will help create a moment.

Generally I'm not opposed to style over substance shows, I really enjoyed Space Dandy and absolutely loved Cowboy Bebop. But there has to be something I can gravitate towards. And in this case, neither this idea of the future neither the characters really do that for me.
I like the music, just not quite enough for it to cause an emotional response.
I have to ask though if you happen to know; What exactly was his involvement regarding the characters in Bebop? That show has one of the most charming recognizable casts in the history of Anime.
It's interesting too because going through his MAL page, I've had that exact problem with some other shows he was involved in, like Michiko to Hatchin and Zankyou no Terror.
Both shows I think have strong presentation and style but really weak characters and in Zankyou's case kind of a messy script as well.

Edit: didn't mean to imply Bebop had little substance, far from it. But it also has a ton of style.
Modified by Natsuaki, Apr 21, 11:14 AM
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Apr 21, 11:10 AM
Mythologically said:
@BRK25

Can you stop ignoring the fact that Roddy physically manifesting himself in the music hall is not in any way explained by your stupid shit about social media and technology? Thanks. Once again, you've ignored this, what, 4 times now? My problem is that he physically exists in the music hall at the same time that they are performing.

If Mary Sue does not fit the exact definition, how about paragon of virtue? Is that better? Her getting fired from every job is not a flaw. She literally chooses to get fired from them, as in the previous burger example where she decides that being an epic gamer is more important than keeping her job.

When I made my one sentence post about finding the show cringy, I had no other purpose other than what the fucking thread is for: sharing your opinion of the show. I didn't come here to have an argument, neither did I come here to explain why I dislike the show. I also didn't come here to "offer insight on what I would like in an anime". If I wanted to do that, I'd wait for episode 6 and write a review like a normal human. That's why reviews exist. You seem to have completely missed the whole purpose of my single sentence that I typed in 3 seconds that somehow started all of this.

Also, no. I can identify that a character is a literal stereotype without having to be able to write a good character. Simple.

First, it was the result of them being famous, then the likes, then that he was there at the same time. Is it me changing that fact or you trying to save face 4 different times to win an argument. And you have yet to stop attacking me as a user and not the topic which I find hilarious.

So, he's there as a engineer, again, doing the acoustics and ensuring when the music plays, it plays right throughout. That's the reason he exists. Was there something I miss that showed him working on the machine a deleted scene or something. That wasn't what I argued about.The hall was already occupied and they forced themselves in when activities were happening.

It would be a flaw if said gamer is not a good gamer and has such hubris to believe they cam become an overnight sensation. Never did they note they would quit and be full time musicians. She has pride but will find work and make music on the side in the hopes she breaks through. That's understandable and respectable. But her actions being unfiltered and sometimes not conscious of the consequence will likely bite her at some point.

If you are in a discussion thread, this a thread to discuss and give some thoughts. If your thoughts are going to be one liners, that's cool, but if I want you to expand, then what's the harm? Is writing out paragraphs difficult? In a discussion thread, this is to happen. There should be a first impression thread where you would be better off.

And if you can identify a stereotype of a character, then that means you have watched enough shows to spot the trope. Which means you know what's a good one or a bad trope. Problem is is those characters weren't in 3 episode series, they were in 12 to 24 episode season. A writer is no different than you or I, other than needing to be sure the audience relate or understand these characters quickly. If you know these characters are bad, who are characters in 2 episode that are good? How do you spot them?

I must also thank you for ignoring my other points and changing things to oh so desperately be right. Please go ahead and go on another rant where you will demean my character, I'll wait.

:)

Apr 21, 11:54 AM
Natsuaki said:
BRK25 said:

Generally I'm not opposed to style over substance shows, I really enjoyed Space Dandy and absolutely loved Cowboy Bebop. But there has to be something I can gravitate towards. And in this case, neither this idea of the future neither the characters really do that for me.
I have to ask though if you happen to know; What exactly was his involvement regarding the characters in Bebop? That show has one of the most charming recognizable casts in the history of Anime.
It's interesting too because going through his MAL page, I've had that exact problem with some other shows he was involved in, like Michiko to Hatchin and Zankyou no Terror.
Both shows I think have strong presentation and style but really weak characters and in Zankyou's case kind of a messy script as well.

Edit: didn't mean to imply Bebop had little substance, far from it. But it also has a ton of style.

To me, Watanabe is a fantastic director and knows how to make scenes have impact. I haven't watched Michiko despite knowing he worked on it, but did love Zankyou no Terror. I'll be honest, those characters were pretty shit and had little going for them, but the scenes they were involved in alongside the music still holds dear to my heart and something I'll get nostalgic listening to. And this is the problem I have with him sometimes.

Watanabe had Bebop and while he was working on these thoughts and scenes and cool moments, he was reigned in by Keiko Nobumoto who was considered the head of the script at the time. There are other screenwriters, notably Sadayuki Murai who worked on Perfect Blue's script. I can never be disappointed by the spectacle but if it wasn't for these writers going to work, and bringing Watanabe the idea of these characters problems or history, I doubt it would be as memorable. I'm sure those characters are in his head, but someone else came to fill int he gap from said cool moments.

Luckily, it seems the other director in this worked on Beck and the other writer happens to be heavily involved in drama screenwriting for live-action. There's a lot of evidence here to hint this won't be a disaster like Zankyou, but again, who knows what Watanabe will do for the sake of cool.

Apr 21, 12:02 PM

Mythologically said:
If Roddy conveniently has millions of followers, then that's just a plot convenience and its still cringy.

Mythologically said:
the guy that is randomly recording them being famous is a plot convenience. That's my biggest issue here.

Mythologically said:
The fact that a random famous person happened to be in the same place where they were performing, and then randomly decided to record their performance, then upload it and have it become viral is a plot convenience whether it is reasonable or not. That's my problem with it.

Mythologically said:
Can you stop ignoring the fact that Roddy physically manifesting himself in the music hall is not in any way explained by your stupid shit about social media and technology?

First quote: "the dude that is there has millions of followers -> plot convenience"
Second quote: "the dude that is there is famous -> plot convenience"
Third quote: "there's a random famous person recording them -> plot convenience"
Fourth quote: "famous person being in the music hall -> plot convenience"

@BRK25 Please explain to me how these are not the same exact point. Every single time I've addressed the issue of the video becoming viral, I have indicated that my biggest problem is the random coincidence of him being in the music hall, or them breaking into the music hall while he is in there, or whatever way you want to phrase it. It's the same thing. His presence there is a plot convenience, which is my biggest issue with the whole thing. I have repeated this 5 times now.
Modified by Mythologically, Apr 21, 12:41 PM

Apr 21, 1:02 PM
Treasure Hunter

BRK25 said:
Natsuaki said:

To me, Watanabe is a fantastic director and knows how to make scenes have impact. I haven't watched Michiko despite knowing he worked on it, but did love Zankyou no Terror. I'll be honest, those characters were pretty shit and had little going for them, but the scenes they were involved in alongside the music still holds dear to my heart and something I'll get nostalgic listening to. And this is the problem I have with him sometimes.

Watanabe had Bebop and while he was working on these thoughts and scenes and cool moments, he was reigned in by Keiko Nobumoto who was considered the head of the script at the time. There are other screenwriters, notably Sadayuki Murai who worked on Perfect Blue's script. I can never be disappointed by the spectacle but if it wasn't for these writers going to work, and bringing Watanabe the idea of these characters problems or history, I doubt it would be as memorable. I'm sure those characters are in his head, but someone else came to fill int he gap from said cool moments.

Luckily, it seems the other director in this worked on Beck and the other writer happens to be heavily involved in drama screenwriting for live-action. There's a lot of evidence here to hint this won't be a disaster like Zankyou, but again, who knows what Watanabe will do for the sake of cool.

What I really liked about Zankyou no Terror was the atmosphere and mood along with a few really strong moments. I agree that the music was fantastic as well.
It's just where it ultimately went with the story and what it did with its characters to get there after a particularly strong and engaging first two episodes I was left disappointed with. Kind of reminds me of B The Beginning of all things.
And now that I think about it, just like Carole, Zankyou kind of also had the issue of setting up everything for a really big story told with pathos with characters too weak to carry it (although the script was weak as well in that case).

Mh, maybe Watanabe is one of those people who needs the right people to work with to put his strengths to good use? Kind of like how Tite Kubo is also said to be good at portraying really cool moents and imagery and just not that great at or even interested in telling a good story around that.
I kind of have a fascination for people with a savant talent like that.

Hm, I don't think it will be as much of a downfall as Zankyou was, but it didn't have as interesting of an opening to begin with. It just might turn out to be a series with less highs and lows but of similar quality overall.

Edited for some minor typos.

Apr 21, 1:27 PM
Mythologically said:
Mythologically said:
If Roddy conveniently has millions of followers, then that's just a plot convenience and its still cringy.

Mythologically said:
the guy that is randomly recording them being famous is a plot convenience. That's my biggest issue here.

Mythologically said:
The fact that a random famous person happened to be in the same place where they were performing, and then randomly decided to record their performance, then upload it and have it become viral is a plot convenience whether it is reasonable or not. That's my problem with it.

Mythologically said:
Can you stop ignoring the fact that Roddy physically manifesting himself in the music hall is not in any way explained by your stupid shit about social media and technology?

First quote: "the dude that is there has millions of followers -> plot convenience"
Second quote: "the dude that is there is famous -> plot convenience"
Third quote: "there's a random famous person recording them -> plot convenience"
Fourth quote: "famous person being in the music hall -> plot convenience"

@BRK25 Please explain to me how these are not the same exact point. Every single time I've addressed the issue of the video becoming viral, I have indicated that my biggest problem is the random coincidence of him being in the music hall, or them breaking into the music hall while he is in there, or whatever way you want to phrase it. It's the same thing. His presence there is a plot convenience, which is my biggest issue with the whole thing. I have repeated this 5 times now.

You've disregarded everything I've written to focus on the one single thing that you believe you can be right on? Made me waste my time writing out the other things you have a problem with? This is not how you have a discussion but okay.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you that Roddi is there with a purpose. If Roddi took a bathroom break and came in at the time they were performing and started recording, I'd be on the same train of how these coincidences came together. But I'm not, because something like that is not worth nitpicking. I've said it before, the means don't justify the end for you. And if this makes you lose your mind, then so be it, but the way you go about commenting on it is hilarious. Repeat it for the 6th time so everyone hears you clearly.

Apr 21, 1:40 PM
Natsuaki said:
BRK25 said:

What I really liked about Zankyou no Terror was the atmosphere and mood along with a few really strong moments. I agree that the music was fantastic as well.
It's just where it ultimately went with the story and what it did with its characters to get there after a particularly strong and engaging first two episodes I was left disappointed with. Kind of reminds me of B The Beginning of all things.
And now that I think about it, just like Carole, Zankyou kind of also had the issue of setting up everything for a really big story told with pathos with characters too weak to carry it (although the script was weak as well in that case).

Mh, maybe Watanabe is one of those people who needs the right people to work with to put his strengths to good use? Kind of like how Tite Kubo is also said to be good at portraying really cool moents and imagery and just not that great at or even interested in telling a good story around that.

Hm, I don't think it will be as much of a downfall as Zankyou was, but it didn't have as interesting of an opening to begin with. It just might turn out to be a series with less highs and lows but of similar quality overall.

I think it is way too early to say that the characters are too weak to carry the story of the show in the case of C&T, there have been only two episodes and the show will have 24 episodes so theyhave plenty of time to develop the characters and for the characters to become memorable and let an emotional impact that could stay in one's memory for life.

Apr 21, 1:49 PM
Natsuaki said:
BRK25 said:

Zankyou's hyper real visuals, atmosphere and music was otherworldly and I wished Lisa and Five had bigger roles or readjusted roles because they weren't used right. It will hold a special place in my heart, but wondered if having twelve episodes and more writers would have made a huge difference. The blade runner special Watanabe did showed more cool moments and music going on, and not much plot. Regardless, we're going to have fun and probably go back to specific scenes for this show at the minimum since he still has the talent and the ears to make the scenes work.

He also has the backing of several individuals highly successful in their own right backing him so I'm hoping he smashes it out the park after having 30 years of experience in the business. Can't wait until it airs again

Apr 21, 1:59 PM
Treasure Hunter

LiedElfen said:

I think it is way too early to say that the characters are too weak to carry the story of the show in the case of C&T, there have been only two episodes and the show will have 24 episodes so theyhave plenty of time to develop the characters and for the characters to become memorable and let an emotional impact that could stay in one's memory for life.

Fair enough, actually. I'd be happy to have my current impression proven to be just a slow start.

BRK25 said:

Zankyou's hyper real visuals, atmosphere and music was otherworldly and I wished Lisa and Five had bigger roles or readjusted roles because they weren't used right. It will hold a special place in my heart, but wondered if having twelve episodes and more writers would have made a huge difference. The blade runner special Watanabe did showed more cool moments and music going on, and not much plot. Regardless, we're going to have fun and probably go back to specific scenes for this show at the minimum since he still has the talent and the ears to make the scenes work.

He also has the backing of several individuals highly successful in their own right backing him so I'm hoping he smashes it out the park after having 30 years of experience in the business. Can't wait until it airs again

I wasn't a big fan of the plot changes Five brought with her, but I agree about Lisa. But the way they went about it just wasn't great.

She definitely deserved better.

I'd definitely be happy to see Carole and Tuesday turning out solid after this somewhat shaky foundation, although I'm cautious. I've just had to many shows I stuck with because they "will get better" and then they just didn't.

Apr 21, 2:00 PM

@BRK25 I disregarded everything else you've written because as I'm stating for the 3rd time now, I don't care about having a discussion. Maybe 5% of users that comment on these threads want to participate in discussions. The other 95%, including me, use these threads as outlets give their opinions on episodes. The only reason I'm still replying is that you fucking ignored my point every single time, and you're trying to slander me.

No, it doesn't make sense for Roddy to be there. Here is why:
  • Carole and Tuesday picked the specific music hall that Roddy is in to break in to
  • Roddy is there at the same time that they are breaking into it. I doubt the "Mars Immigration Memorial Hall" is his permanent workplace. As I understand it, Roddy is the personal engineer of the famous DJ guy. I really doubt they have the "Mars Immigration Memorial Hall" all to themselves.
  • Roddy isn't just some random music engineer, he happens to be a music engineer famous enough for a random video he uploaded to go viral

That's three really big coincidences. Anyway, I won't be responding to this thread any longer since this is a waste of time.

Apr 21, 2:16 PM
Treasure Hunter

Mythologically said:
@BRK25 I disregarded everything else you've written because as I'm stating for the 3rd time now, I don't care about having a discussion. Maybe 5% of users that comment on these threads want to participate in discussions. The other 95%, including me, use these threads as outlets give their opinions on episodes. The only reason I'm still replying is that you fucking ignored my point every single time, and you're trying to slander me.

No, it doesn't make sense for Roddy to be there. Here is why:
  • Carole and Tuesday picked the specific music hall that Roddy is in to break in to
  • Roddy is there at the same time that they are breaking into it. I doubt the "Mars Immigration Memorial Hall" is his permanent workplace. As I understand it, Roddy is the personal engineer of the famous DJ guy. I really doubt they have the "Mars Immigration Memorial Hall" all to themselves.
  • Roddy isn't just some random music engineer, he happens to be a music engineer famous enough for a random video he uploaded to go viral

That's three really big coincidences. Anyway, I won't be responding to this thread any longer since this is a waste of time.

For someone who doesn't care about having a discussion you're being pretty persistent.

Apr 21, 2:35 PM
Natsuaki said:
LiedElfen said:

Fair enough, actually. I'd be happy to have my current impression proven to be just a slow start.

BRK25 said:

I wasn't a big fan of the plot changes Five brought with her, but I agree about Lisa. But the way they went about it just wasn't great.

She definitely deserved better.

I'd definitely be happy to see Carole and Tuesday turning out solid after this somewhat shaky foundation, although I'm cautious. I've just had to many shows I stuck with because they "will get better" and then they just didn't.

I wanted Lisa to be active and not just an avatar for the viewers to latch on. They dropped the ball on her, Five was a Mary sue and sidelined the detective.

So far this show is strong and hasn't even found its footing yet. I've seen a lot of bs, but this looks from first glance, polished, lively and had some heart in the animation. Zankyou had that too, but if he had some extra writers, 10/10, luckily, this might be the show to set him back on track since he wanted to do this anime for the last 2 or 3 years so he had plenty of time to plot ahead. Let's see if it paid off.
Modified by BRK25, Apr 21, 3:29 PM

Apr 21, 10:15 PM
Great eps than eps 1..
I like the pace so far..

We learn something about the world-building.. and Ai vs human thing..

Apr 21, 11:10 PM

Another really sweet episode~ I loved seeing a bit more into the girls' personalities. Carole and Tuesday are both super cute, I love their dynamic as well.

Apr 22, 12:24 AM
Treasure Hunter

BRK25 said:

I wanted Lisa to be active and not just an avatar for the viewers to latch on. They dropped the ball on her, Five was a Mary sue and sidelined the detective.

So far this show is strong and hasn't even found its footing yet. I've seen a lot of bs, but this looks from first glance, polished, lively and had some heart in the animation. Zankyou had that too, but if he had some extra writers, 10/10, luckily, this might be the show to set him back on track since he wanted to do this anime for the last 2 or 3 years so he had plenty of time to plot ahead. Let's see if it paid off.

Yes, precisely. She was basically just along for the ride in a huge wasted opportunity. The Cat and Mouse game was a lot less interesting than just exploring these two boys and why they do the things they do.

And yes, true, it does look really pretty, the animation is expressive and fluid and all of the singing is very nice, too, and in comprehensible English for once.
I love fruits Basket, but there's one character who's supposed to speak German and as someone who speaks German as well, it's borderline impossible to understand without the subtitles.
Plus, we aren't talking about Jun Watanabe here. Let's see where this goes from here, then.

Apr 22, 4:39 AM

Zaugr said:
It's feeling a bit too fast paced for me right now; I feel like from the two first meeting and getting to know each other to them playing in the hall, going sort of viral and being spotted by a manager, was all a bit too fast. Would have preferred to see more development between them in between this progress, or maybe watching them writing that song. However with 22 more episodes to come, clearly they've got stuff planned, so I'm not too worried right now.

I agree on the pace, which is ... why I don't know if I should laugh or cry with some comments saying how "slow" the pace is. In two episodes, they met, made their first song, create some buzz, got a manager. With this speed, they will become the stars of the galaxy at episode 6 or something.

I guess we'll get the drama with Tuesday's mother, the obligatory "training camp" with the manager to polish these raw diamonds, maybe some romance - between Angela and Tao of course - and naturally competition between our duo and Angela. That will make 22 :)

I'm REALLY loving the music, the designs (especially that of the city!!) and of course the wonderfully expressive animation, which is one of the most important things about music anime like this for me - the ability to illustrate the emotion and effort of the song and characters through their faces and movements while they're playing, and get it to of course all fit with the rhythm of the song at the same time. To make it feel like you're actually watching a performance from actual artists, not just some beautiful drawings with a background song. Needless to say, they're doing a wonderful job of this so far.

agree again. Particularly with the making of the song in the first episode, even though it went "quite fast".

I also like the fact that we are outside the usual school setting which means we get heroines wearing various beautiful clothes (Carole's striped sweat in the beginning for example). For those like me who like a bit fashion, it's also a plus.

I'm hoping people realise though that as a FlyingDog anniversary project, this anime is 100% music first. They're not going to get the voice actors to sing when a big part of this anime is showcasing and celebrating musical talent (largely I'd guess, the musical talent under FlyingDog's own wing, being a record label).

I didn't know that. Interesting.

Your comparison with Megalo Box might make some sense, but from my point of view and because of my taste maybe, I feel I will probably enjoy this show a lot more than Megalo Box and for me again, if I had to make an analogy it would be with Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho by studio Madhouse. An original story who became one of if not the best show of its year. This one will do the same (if they keep on being that good).

Apr 22, 9:11 AM

Everything about this anime is beautiful.

Apr 22, 6:29 PM

Great episode again.

The performance was great but I what I truly loved about this episode was the post performance sequence with Carole and Tuesday just running away with the OST in the background, that was just so good. xD

Big dude wants to be their manager now, I loved the part where he just bangs on the door. Totally gave Carole and Tuesday the wrong idea. xD

Apr 22, 6:36 PM
Beautiful episode ❤️❤️❤️

Apr 22, 11:37 PM

Damn it was pretty likely this show was going to be very good and I'm glad it lived up to my expectations and based on how much I've liked the first two episodes I can see it far passing my expectations as well
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Apr 23, 5:55 AM

2M likes? For that song? People have shit taste on mars too.
Other than the music, the anime is good

Apr 23, 7:40 AM
Every time I listen their song I feel to cry. Great episode

Apr 23, 4:48 PM

Their song and performance is still so beautiful and its nice to see how they got popular from that guy uploading the video. And Gus becoming their manager? now thats unexpected. Cant wait for the next episode

Apr 23, 6:59 PM

this show is awesome. as someone who loves music and aspired to be a musician as a kid, i got teary-eyed listening to their song right from ep 1. this has got to be my favorite show of the season!

Apr 26, 4:10 PM
The ost of this anime is so good, is on another level than any other i've seen, this is truly epicness territory.

Apr 27, 3:04 PM

Definitely better than 1st episode, but still everything besides the music and animation is pretty plain

Apr 30, 6:06 PM

Pipe said:
It is too early to praise or to bury the show. From animation perspective, it is good but it is going to have 24 episodes so no idea if the quality would change. About story, it is acceptable but lets not compare it with Nana, Beck, etc .. yet

I 100% agree with you , while I am floored by this Anime at the moment I won't praise it until the ending of the 24th episode when it will be set in stone if this anime is praise worthy or not.

May 4, 5:36 AM

That song was so beautiful :')

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.

May 6, 3:59 PM

It's a bit early to say this but man this show has the potential to become one of my favorites.

May 9, 12:08 AM
Time Hunter

It's progressing nicely! I like their song very much, so it was a pleasure hearing a longer version of it. The concert hall scene was pretty cool, and I really liked every scene with Gus. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite characters!
I'm looking forward to seeing how they will develop musically, and if they'll play other genres as well. I like this show, and I hope they keep it up!

May 9, 11:38 AM
Good episode Captivating and very funny.
1. I am surprised that they mention real-life artists (the "King of Pop" Michael Jackson and the DJ's duo "Daft Punk") in a fictional story.
2. Who laughs at a funeral? LOL.
3. Carole and Tuesday complement each other. They are an exceptional duo. Listening to the complete song they composed captivated me.
4. Roddy looks like a good guy.
5. I would like to have the download level of Roddy's cell phone 😂. That download level is from another world, literally.
6. Carole's facial recognition was funny. LOL.
7. Does your Instagram account still have no followers? Well, I'll be the first xD.
8. Gus, the guy who declared himself manager of the girls, putting his face between the door that way reminded me of the horror scene in the movie "The Shining" 😂. It seems that Gus was successful as manager until the music market was invaded by AIs.
9. I wonder what year the story will take place in.

Those two girls will put the world of music head (in the clear anime is xD).

May 9, 3:49 PM
Really beautiful, the performance was neat, good episode. Well, just like expected, goddamn it bores me to death, I guess I just can't handle shows like this.

May 18, 3:02 AM
The Lonliest Girl's melody makes me nonchalant. ❤

May 18, 9:26 AM

Amazing performance! The song is so gorgeous! <3

Carole and Tuesday's manager is very scarry ^^; want to see what's going to happen from now on. Great episode! :D

May 21, 1:59 AM

Animation are great and have the same quality as the first episode, consistency is something i prefer

And what a cute episode. Glad to see Carole mature reaction to that war zone in her apartment that Tuesday created. Its not her fault that she lack the necessary skills . And you can see that my girl are very ashamed of the mess she created when Carole walks in the door .My waifus shall not waste their time with blame games ,if a girl do something wrong the other shall come to her aid!! Pick it up and help her better herself!! This episode goes very well with my rules and Carole are a doll with a kind heart

Their performance was magical ,the animation was perfect!! Delicate smooth beautiful lighting and the song was great!!!

Awesome episode the girls establish themselves as my waifus and everything are moving in the right direction i'm so pleased. Hopefully the girls will start dating soon and then become a lesbian couple!! YES,,,,,, 7/10 keep it up!!!

But i have a warning for you little anime . I want the male aggressive behaviour to be toned downed!!!! They can't behave like that around my waifus!!! I forbid it!!!! Fail to meet my demands!! And you will face the consequences of you own stupidity!!

Modified by Yuri-Crusader, May 21, 4:04 AM
Love is too beautiful to be hidden in a closet!

Jun 1, 3:26 PM

Looks like there's a fair amount of criticism earlier in the thread, some of which I can get behind. But for it to happen in this episode specifically is bizarre to me. I enjoyed this episode far more than the last one. I'm surprised by the pacing -- I expected half a series of them busking for proverbial quarters -- and maybe the style just worked for me this time around.

I'm interested in the monologue foreshadowing, the hints that this is going to be about more than Carole & Tuesday's success story.

Some of the interactions, namely between Carole and Tuesday, make me roll my eyes. Like that scene where the two are talking about what songs they like. Maybe this is my age showing. I feel that increasingly often when watching anime nowadays.

Oh, and the girls' song near the end is lovely.

Discord: Zadion#0202
RateYourMusic
last.fm

Jun 14, 12:03 AM
Otaku

Loved this episode.
Was it just me or did it seem like shade was thrown at the music industry when Ertegun tells Roddy he only likes "capable guys and great chicks"
Their song together almost brought me to tears.
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:

Jul 27, 1:45 PM

Man, the way that guy Roddy could track them was so accurate it gave me chills...

Overall, it was an excellent episode, in both animation and directing. The pacing feels correct so far and the little performance Carole and Tuesday gave was truly beautiful as well.

Aug 6, 9:55 AM

I love this so much.

Sep 7, 5:25 AM

The songs really capture me and the girls are rather cute.

I wonder how they will stand against that AI girl?
I felt sorry for her in that chair.. weird guy

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]