Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 17, 2019 3:57 AM

Jul 2009
Source: www.gamesradar.com/amp/ps5-confirmed

Sony recently shared some details on the next PlayStation console. The company revealed that the PS5 has been in development for four years, will include backwards compatibility with PS4 games, support 8k resolutions, and feature ray tracing. Perhaps the most interesting addition is the Solid State Drive (SSD), which will greatly improve loading and rendering times for high budget AAA games. There has yet to be an official release date, although it definitely won't be this year.

What do you guys think? The console is being developed through a partnership with AMD, so it might contest high-end PCs.
SkittlesApr 17, 2019 9:47 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 17, 2019 4:28 AM

Sep 2017
Backward compatibility, SSD storage, Ray tracing, Ryzen 7nm architecture

Yes, please.

I've also been waiting for the Ryzen 3rd gen CPU since the CES 2019.
Apr 17, 2019 8:21 AM

May 2018
The last console before my Switch (handhelds excluded) was the PS2.
No matter the extra features, at this point the upgrades (for actual gaming) from one generation to the other are so minimal compared to decades ago that I simply don't care anymore for this console pandering every 5 years or so.

Hard pass.
Apr 17, 2019 8:38 AM

Apr 2015
Neat, but will be a no buy from me due to all the censoring and editing of games recently.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Apr 17, 2019 8:54 AM
Jul 2018
Lol, they haven't even released a single decent RPG on PS4 yet (those "Popamole" Action-based don't count).
Apr 17, 2019 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
Anyone want to guess the launch price? I'm guessing around $450-500. Rumor has it that Death Stranding and Horizon Zero Dawn 2 will be part of the lineup.

It's great they mentioned about backwards compatibility .
Apr 17, 2019 1:37 PM

Mar 2016
Stark700 said:
Anyone want to guess the launch price?.

I'm guessing between $500 and $600, i don't see them being able to sell it for below $500 with all the stuff they've claimed it to have. I like the idea of backwards compatibility but Sony's recent censorship kind of kills it for me.
Apr 17, 2019 1:41 PM

Jan 2013
Game-selection is gonna be a key factor here, luckily Playstation line-ups have been pretty solid overall.
Apr 17, 2019 3:25 PM

Jul 2014
"Backwards compatibility"

Nice. It's about damn time as far as I'm concerned.
Take care of yourself

Apr 17, 2019 4:07 PM

Nov 2011
BallistikJuice said:
Lol, they haven't even released a single decent RPG on PS4 yet (those "Popamole" Action-based don't count).

What about DQ 11 and P5?
Apr 17, 2019 4:09 PM

Jan 2009
im not gonna be surprise if the price for this becomes so high or expensive though base on those hardware parts
Apr 17, 2019 5:03 PM

Dec 2014
My suspicion on the price is anywhere between $499-$699.
Apr 17, 2019 5:10 PM

Sep 2014
I don't really care about a new console getting announced. It's the games that push me into buying a new console. I still didn't find a good reason to buy a PS4, yet the PS5 is already announced. It seems I'm gonna pass on this one too. PS3 was my last console I bought from sony btw.
Apr 17, 2019 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
EmperorDemonGava said:
BallistikJuice said:

What about DQ 11 and P5?

These ^ are an Adventure "grind-fest" games with meaningless Stats and laughable gameplay mechanics, those are made for kids(or blind weebs), cannot be compared with a 'true level' of quality RPGs like Fallout 2 / Baldur's Gate 2 / Pathfinder: Kingmaker / UnderRail, etc.
removed-userApr 17, 2019 10:32 PM
Apr 17, 2019 6:09 PM

Nov 2011
"The console is being developed through a partnership with AMD, so it might contest high-end PCs."
Sony also worked with Amd on PS4.
the price alone will severely limit the kind of gpu they will be able to put in the PS5. if i had to guess, probably one with specs similar to an RX Vega 56, which retails for $300 or more on newegg.
some reviewers claim the Vega 56 is almost as good as a GTX 1080
https://www.hardwarezone.com.my/review-amd-radeon-rx-vega-56-less-more-4k-graphics-card/benchmarks-and-conclusion-29

they could try and put an RX Vega 64 equivalent, but i dont think people will want to shell out $700+ for a video game console.

im pretty skeptical with the claim to support 8K.
https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/8340/8k-benched-rx-vega-64-vs-gtx-1080-ti-titan-xp-sli/index7.html
DreamingBeatsApr 17, 2019 6:32 PM
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Apr 17, 2019 6:33 PM

Jul 2013
Funny how this happened when I'm currently saving for a ps4 pro. Like back then when I was saving up for a ps3 then ps4 came out.
Apr 17, 2019 8:05 PM

Apr 2011
PrimeX said:
Funny how this happened when I'm currently saving for a ps4 pro. Like back then when I was saving up for a ps3 then ps4 came out.

Keep saving more, bro.
Apr 17, 2019 8:14 PM

Feb 2013
Tropisch said:
Neat, but will be a no buy from me due to all the censoring and editing of games recently.
rip senran kagura
Apr 17, 2019 8:31 PM

Nov 2011
Probably releases next year on Christmas. Plenty of time to save. Maybe the first console I buy on day 1.

Apr 17, 2019 8:53 PM

Jun 2014
I don't know when the next version of the PSVR will come out, but the PS5 will support the current PSVR units, so that's good.

That being said, Sony's censorship is getting ridiculous. I've trashed the Switch since before it was released, but I may purchase one in the future just so I can tell Sony "where to go."
_-_Sally_-_Apr 17, 2019 9:14 PM

Apr 17, 2019 9:12 PM

Mar 2018
People still use consoles? xD
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
Apr 17, 2019 9:25 PM

Nov 2008
https://www.techradar.com/news/sony-to-crack-down-on-sexually-explicit-playstation-games

No PS5 for me as they refuse to stop their unfair censorship of games. I'll be sticking with Nintendo where fanservice isn't censored inside Japan.

Apr 18, 2019 7:09 AM

Nov 2008
Gonna wait a long time before I buy this. Sony just doesn't make enough very good games anymore. My favorite PS4 games were Gravity Rush Remastered (a PSP game), Shadow of the Colossus (a PS2 game) and Until Dawn. Uncharted 4 was overrated, Infamous was overrated, The Last of Us was overrated and Horizon was overrated. God of War plain sucked. I preferred the original trilogy. Bloodborne was good, but it's the only Souls game I've played only once. It's been a year and I just don't feel like going back. The world is so samey and, even though I beat it in 22 hours, I found the difficulty more irritating. I also was a bit tired of the formula by this fifth game. Still haven't touched the Old Hunters DLC. Anyway, I think it's a shame Sony switched their focus so much to western developers in the PS3 generation. They're just not as talented as the Japanese. I'm more impressed by the few games I've played on my Switch.

Hoppy said:
https://www.techradar.com/news/sony-to-crack-down-on-sexually-explicit-playstation-games

No PS5 for me as they refuse to stop their unfair censorship of games. I'll be sticking with Nintendo where fanservice isn't censored inside Japan.
Their California HQ is just cowardly.

Sony Imposes Limitations to Sexual Content in PlayStation Games Following #MeToo Concerns: https://wccftech.com/sony-limits-sexual-content-playstation-games/

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
DeadlyRavenApr 20, 2019 11:04 AM

Apr 18, 2019 8:08 AM

Nov 2016
Gonna have to pass, don't like the pro censorship direction Sony is going. May or may not buy the 2nd generation version of it years down the road if there are worthwhile exclusives.
Apr 18, 2019 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
EmperorDemonGava said:
BallistikJuice said:

These ^ are an Adventure "grind-fest" games with meaningless Stats and laughable gameplay mechanics, those are made for kids(or blind weebs), cannot be compared with a 'true level' of quality RPGs like Fallout 2 / Baldur's Gate 2 / Pathfinder: Kingmaker / UnderRail, etc.

Hows the combat in Baldurs Gate 2?

I see you are a fan of Contra, that game came out in the late '80s (if I remember right), so you should be old enough I presume....

...and you still, haven't played 'Infinity Engine' games?!
Apr 18, 2019 11:06 AM

Mar 2016
Hoppy said:

Nintendo has also had a history of censoring sexual stuff (especially in the west) so it's weird seeing them be okay with some of the stuff now
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2019 11:10 AM

Nov 2011
BallistikJuice said:
EmperorDemonGava said:

Hows the combat in Baldurs Gate 2?

I see you are a fan of Contra, that game came out in the late '80s (if I remember right), so you should be old enough I presume....

I was born in 1991 and got into the Contra series relatively recently. I've become more disenchanted with storytelling in games and more focused on gameplay so I haven't touched RPGs in a while since gameplay usually seems to come in second to story.
Apr 18, 2019 12:45 PM
Jul 2018
EmperorDemonGava said:
BallistikJuice said:

I was born in 1991 and got into the Contra series relatively recently. I've become more disenchanted with storytelling in games and more focused on gameplay so I haven't touched RPGs in a while since gameplay usually seems to come in second to story.

While Baldur's Gate games have a great but brutal strategic combat gameplay too > they're very heavy and long story-driven RPGs, but you can start with Icewind Dale games > they rely heavily on combat/strategy and perfect character builds instead of a story and also have really nice in-game music and dark atmosphere of despair (I personally like 'em a bit more than BG games).
Apr 18, 2019 8:01 PM

Jul 2009
BallistikJuice said:

Are you mainly looking for isometric RPGs? There is Path of Exile and Pillars of Eternity on the PS4. These types of games are more commonly found on the PC, though.

deg said:
im not gonna be surprise if the price for this becomes so high or expensive though base on those hardware parts

Even with all these high-tech components, I have a feeling they'll cut a few corners loose so it doesn't stray too far from the PS3 launch price. They always try to aim for affordability so it's accessible to a wider audience.

Ezekiel said:

Hmm I'm assuming AAA games aren't your thing, although I agree that God of War didn't meet expectations.
Apr 19, 2019 12:40 AM

Oct 2009
I'll be skipping the PS5 and any future console and games until Sony pulls their head out of their ass and stop censoring games.
Apr 19, 2019 4:09 AM

Oct 2018
wtf? I just bought PS4! and PS5 out already???

Apr 19, 2019 6:57 AM
Feb 2016
I honestly don't wanna get one, at least not now. I'm pretty happy with the consoles I own. I don't see why I should invest 500 dollars into a new console when I'm already pretty content as of now.

Apr 19, 2019 7:34 AM
Jul 2018
Skittles said:
BallistikJuice said:

Are you mainly looking for isometric RPGs? There is Path of Exile and Pillars of Eternity on the PS4. These types of games are more commonly found on the PC, though.

Isometric games like "Pillars" have horrendous/abysmal controls on consoles, besides, Pillars/PoE/Divinity Original Sin came out on PC before consoles.

Instead of isometric perspective(since consoles suck at that) they could've done something like 'Fallout New Vegas' First Person perspective with pause & play, but 'NO'... almost every god damn Devs. only make mindless Action-based crap these days.

But hey, I don't care(since I switched to PC long ago) and only had NES in the late '80s and 360(for a year) when it came out.

It just boggles my mind that there are no Devs. who can use those "castrated console possibilities" and came up with RPGs that don't suck.
Apr 19, 2019 10:35 AM

Dec 2012
Stoorainclaire said:
wtf? I just bought PS4! and PS5 out already???

Same. Bought one a short while ago and then I learn that the new one will have backwards compatibility. Feels a bit bad tbh.
Apr 19, 2019 11:13 AM

Feb 2012
8k censorship is still censorship. It's an easy pass. Also really doubt it's backwards compatible. Probably just "supported" backwards compatible.
Apr 19, 2019 12:52 PM
Dec 2013
Lol, and I just bought a PS4 in January. Can't wait to see how the console and controller look like. Now just waiting for Microsoft to announce their next console. It's a 50/50 chance that I'm going to get a PS5, since I might go for Microsoft's console next gen.

Also glad that the PS5 will still use physical games.
wildhoodApr 20, 2019 8:08 AM
Apr 19, 2019 1:55 PM

Feb 2017
A report I was privy to said their projected price point will be $499.99.

I'm on board, I'll sell my PS4 and get it half-off, basically. Willing to bet Bloodborne 2 will be announced with PS5.

Other juicy news was that, apparently, GTA6 will be announced with the console as a multi-platform release on PS4 and PS5.

Apr 19, 2019 3:07 PM
Jul 2018
Skittles said:
What do you guys think? The console is being developed through a partnership with AMD, so it might contest high-end PCs.
What?

OT: I'd rather burn my money than give it to Sony, so yeah, moving on.

Tropisch said:
This.

BallistikJuice said:
Tales of series.
Apr 19, 2019 5:54 PM

Feb 2010
pass i like my anime tittys and i like my consoles affordable. like the Nintendo switch.

Aldnox said:
Skittles said:
What?

Tropisch said:
This.

BallistikJuice said:
Tales of series.

tales of series is no long going to be a Ps exclusive they confirmed this when releases tales of vesperia onto all platforms.

i think @BallistikJuice is talking about exclusive RPGs. which is a good thing fuck 3rd party exclusives.

unless the people making the game are also making the console 3rd parties have no reason to make games exclusive to consoles or pc.
GrimAtramentApr 19, 2019 5:57 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 19, 2019 6:11 PM
Jul 2018
Well, they are working on the "Pathfinder: Kingmaker" port for the consoles (since it was a success on PC), but it's going to be an ass in terms of controls etc. (Just like Pillars for PS4)
Apr 19, 2019 7:25 PM

Jul 2009
Aldnox said:
Skittles said:
What?

I meant performance-wise (e.g. framerate) since the PS4 lags behind top-of-the-line PCs in that aspect. Someone told me earlier though that the PS4 was also developed by AMD.
SkittlesApr 19, 2019 7:35 PM
Apr 19, 2019 7:29 PM

May 2018
Definitely buying this when it came out.
Apr 19, 2019 11:28 PM

Mar 2016
Man I love the weeb response to Sony censorship. How dare they take away OUR god damn loli games! Or lessen unrealistic jiggle physics! Or have a light bar over an ass/boobs (which where Barby doll style anyways).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2019 2:35 AM
Jul 2018
Extect said:
Man I love the weeb response to Sony censorship. How dare they take away OUR god damn loli games! Or lessen unrealistic jiggle physics! Or have a light bar over an ass/boobs (which where Barby doll style anyways).
Funny because now the same people who are saying censorship of weeb games is no big deal are raging at Nintendo's censorship and a few other events of censorship that have happened very recently.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenApr 20, 2019 11:03 AM
Apr 20, 2019 7:09 AM

Jan 2018
I am hoping to get PS4 for an price drop, since i don't have an money enough to buy PS5 all the time. Hopefully these games for PS4 is going to be really badass. :)

I feel sorry for many users on MAL who are angry about Sony censorship and even moving on to PC and/or Switch, i am hoping there are going to be fine game, you guys can play it either on PS4 or PC what ever you like.
Apr 20, 2019 8:34 AM

Nov 2018
Just buy xbox there's reports that the next Xbox system from Microsoft is even more powerful than the PS5

Apr 20, 2019 8:51 AM

Aug 2010
It doesn't have games though.
Apr 20, 2019 9:07 AM

May 2018
BenRyan said:
Just buy xbox there's reports that the next Xbox system from Microsoft is even more powerful than the PS5

Wow, more powerful.
Oh, what did you say? With a gaming library FAR shittier than anything the Playstation, Nintendo or PC dishes out? Man, now I'm sold.
Apr 20, 2019 1:28 PM

Mar 2016
ArrRti said:
BenRyan said:

Wow, more powerful.
Oh, what did you say? With a gaming library FAR shittier than anything the Playstation, Nintendo or PC dishes out? Man, now I'm sold.

Let alone neither of them have actually announced specs yet. What’s been announced about ps5 sounds good but you can’t really judge it yet

Aldnox said:
Extect said:
Funny because now the same people who are saying censorship of weeb games is no big deal are raging at Nintendo's censorship and a few other events of censorship that have happened very recently.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.

I havnt raged at Nintendo’s censorship. Not sure what it is. I do know that when Nintendo was bigger on censoring stuff like this, people just didn’t buy those things on Nintendo but still bought Nintendo games/consoles for Nintendo stuff though. Just with Sony I see people saying they’ll boycott the evil company that’s trying to clean up its image a bit to ‘normies’. Saying that though, I’m not a fan of political or artistic censorship though, specifically from government.
ExtectApr 20, 2019 1:34 PM
Apr 20, 2019 6:20 PM

Sep 2012
BenRyan said:

Nintendo has their (rehashed to dead) IPs, Sony has their movie games and major AAA titles, PC has an unmatched library and can emulate older systems with ease...

Xbone has nothing. Unless they get their stuff together this and next E3 or Sony majorly fucks up with the PS5 pricing/features, it's gonna be the loser of next generation, again.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » if windows 12 become full adware will you switch to linux?

deg - Aug 23, 2023

48 by His0kaDevv »»
21 seconds ago

» Your first game in your life ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

list713 - Dec 21, 2008

837 by French-Japanese »»
48 minutes ago

» Recommending Buckshot Roulette

tsukareru - 1 hour ago

0 by tsukareru »»
1 hour ago

» Gacha Survey

Shizuna - Apr 11

22 by Luc36 »»
1 hour ago

» What's a hated game that you actually enjoyed?

SnipeStrike - Apr 13

19 by Vendicator »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.