Forum Settings
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 23, 2019 6:03 AM
Jun 2015
Akagi-kun said:

Rui wouldn't move on Chef-Boi. Otherwise, she wouldn't have kept the necklace reminding her of Natsuo. But I'm worried about what Chef-Boi will do when he finds out now about the breakup.
P.S I hate NTR.

Correct me if i am wrong but she gave the necklace back to Nat and besides it isnt NTR since they arent together, she wont cheat on Nat, cause she is single.
Apr 23, 2019 6:08 AM

Nov 2012
Calmost said:
Akagi-kun said:

Rui wouldn't move on Chef-Boi. Otherwise, she wouldn't have kept the necklace reminding her of Natsuo. But I'm worried about what Chef-Boi will do when he finds out now about the breakup.
P.S I hate NTR.

Correct me if i am wrong but she gave the necklace back to Nat and besides it isnt NTR since they arent together, she wont cheat on Nat, cause she is single.

She returned the watch.
Apr 23, 2019 6:10 AM

Nov 2012
And she said (or just think?)

So I believe in her.
Akagi-kunApr 23, 2019 6:19 AM
Apr 23, 2019 6:15 AM

Nov 2012
Calmost said:
it isnt NTR since they arent together, she wont cheat on Nat, cause she is single.

As for NTR, there is no need to write everything again...
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1777656
Apr 23, 2019 9:20 AM
Jun 2015
@akagi-kun ah she kept the necklace, i didnt remember the details thanks, but it is really common tbh between exes especially when they are still feelings from both or one of them. As the same happened with Hina.
as for the NTR, posting the definition of the word "It's a genre of adult manga or hentai. It should be defined as CHEATING/Unfaithful/Adultery." is more than enough to make my statement clear.
You might not like that she might have sex or harbor feelings for someone else, but definitely it isnt NTR.
Apr 23, 2019 10:00 AM

Feb 2019
It has been discussed elsewhere a million times, but if the audience is upset about it, than it is almost always a type of Netorare. i.e.:

the main protagonist's loved one(s) are taken or seduced away from him and the heroine might be willing or unwilling. This is to cause an emotion of deep jealousy on the reader.
Apr 23, 2019 10:00 AM

Nov 2012
@Calmost, I know what this NTR genre is. And it's not always cheating between a couple. There is also such a definition.
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/netorare
Apr 23, 2019 10:25 AM
Jun 2015
These are normal occurrences and correct me if i am wrong but the author gets pride in her realistic stories, we are humans and we are opportunistic creatures. No matter the era or the place, going for a person who is single (even soon after they broke up happens, dick move or stupid from my pov cause of the chance of being used as a rebound) but happens.
I still dont really get why ppl get upset over something like this and has nothing to do with whom i have preference (hina or rui) but pure curiosity over the matter.
Apr 23, 2019 10:55 AM

Feb 2019
Calmost said:
These are normal occurrences and correct me if i am wrong but the author gets pride in her realistic stories, we are humans and we are opportunistic creatures. No matter the era or the place, going for a person who is single (even soon after they broke up happens, dick move or stupid from my pov cause of the chance of being used as a rebound) but happens.
I still dont really get why ppl get upset over something like this and has nothing to do with whom i have preference (hina or rui) but pure curiosity over the matter.

I can't speak for others, but for me, I care about the character of Natsuo. If he is heartbroken, then I am also heartbroken. If Rui moves on the Chef Boi right now, then it means that Natsuo really didn't mean that much to her as she got over him that fast. This means that she didn't really love him and was just playing with his emotions. This is a type of emotional anguish inflicted on the character that I care about and thus, it makes me upset.
Apr 23, 2019 11:01 AM

Nov 2012
@Calmost, as I said it , for me it will be normal when the main character will make the choice and it will be at least acceptable at the end of the story. It doesn't matter what I prefer Rui in this story. I felt the same way about Hina when she tried to build a relationship with a Stalker.
Apr 23, 2019 11:02 AM

Nov 2012
hugedata said:
Calmost said:

I can't speak for others, but for me, I care about the character of Natsuo. If he is heartbroken, then I am also heartbroken. If Rui moves on the Chef Boi right now, then it means that Natsuo really didn't mean that much to her as she got over him that fast. This means that she didn't really love him and was just playing with his emotions. This is a type of emotional anguish inflicted on the character that I care about and thus, it makes me upset.

You said that well. I feel the same way.
Apr 23, 2019 11:47 AM
Jun 2015
@akagi-kun , @hugedata
human nature and behavour isnt so simple, especially when feelings are involved. Getting over someone was never the same, even for the same person. As for myself, i feel invested in all three main characters, in the end of the story i want all of them to have a happy ending. And this doesnt mean they have to end with Natsuo in that matter, two of them will end together (chapter 77), so i want the third one to find a partner that they are happy and ofc they will have to be over Natsuo so it can be a true happy ending for all three of them involved.
If the manga ends in November as it is a speculation, for me, it will feel rather weird, at least for Natsuo and Hina, for Hina cause, she must get over Nat, find a new person to love with and trully love him, which takes time and for Nat since Rui broke up with him recently and obviously it will leave a mark of distrust and what ifs, if they are back together, i dont think it will be enough time to cover these two issues in the remaining chapters, unless the author rushes the shit out of it, possible but far from ideal.
Apr 23, 2019 11:56 AM

Oct 2009
Calmost said:
@akagi-kun , @hugedata
human nature and behavour isnt so simple, especially when feelings are involved. Getting over someone was never the same, even for the same person. As for myself, i feel invested in all three main characters, in the end of the story i want all of them to have a happy ending. And this doesnt mean they have to end with Natsuo in that matter, two of them will end together (chapter 77), so i want the third one to find a partner that they are happy and ofc they will have to be over Natsuo so it can be a true happy ending for all three of them involved.
If the manga ends in November as it is a speculation, for me, it will feel rather weird, at least for Natsuo and Hina, for Hina cause, she must get over Nat, find a new person to love with and trully love him, which takes time and for Nat since Rui broke up with him recently and obviously it will leave a mark of distrust and what ifs, if they are back together, i dont think it will be enough time to cover these two issues in the remaining chapters, unless the author rushes the shit out of it, possible but far from ideal.
Why do you assume Hina needs to find love to be happy? That's been her entire problem chasing unreachable love and having that control her life, happy ending in my eyes for her would be growing up and being a good adult/sister for once and taking charge of her own life like Nat ans Rui. She still a child while both Rui and Nat have grown up, which is ironic (purposely?) given how she treated them in the first few chapaters.
Apr 23, 2019 1:12 PM
Jun 2015
@von_struth i assue that she needs to find love, cause she is a person who needs someone to support her, dont get my wrong, everyone needs someone to lean on, some depend more on other ppl than others. Unreachable love? Honestly i dont think something like that exists, immoral yea i can agree on that term with Shuu, with Nat i dont think that's the issue, he was 17(?) back then and in my book it doesnt make him a kid or anything, if he was 2-3 years younger yea that would be immoral and wrong but not when he is 17 already.
I dont think that either Rui or Nat are "grown ups" they are still really immature, they have matured a bit during the story and obviously it is rather apparent and the main reason the change from school to uni/work and experiencing life. Hina in the other hand she is still a bit more mature, but still lagging behind, a reason would be the almost two years of isolation and self loathing for the things she did and her hope of getting back together with Nat (showing that she really naive, expecting him to wait for her when Rui was there doing her things and openly expressed her feelings).
How she treated them in the first chapters shows clearly her facade and her need to be seen as an adult. As someone slightly older than her, she was shown completely childish and obvious that she was pretending and from the bits of info we got from her past, shows she lacks life experiences, which for me at least is the main reason we "grow up/mature".
Adult is a very weird word, depending in which aspect of science u try to explain/receive it, it has a completely different meaning and in my book, all three of them are not grown ups/adults they are still (kids) figuring out themselves and how to interact with others.
Apr 23, 2019 9:57 PM

Oct 2009
Calmost said:
@von_struth i assue that she needs to find love, cause she is a person who needs someone to support her, dont get my wrong, everyone needs someone to lean on, some depend more on other ppl than others. Unreachable love? Honestly i dont think something like that exists, immoral yea i can agree on that term with Shuu, with Nat i dont think that's the issue, he was 17(?) back then and in my book it doesnt make him a kid or anything, if he was 2-3 years younger yea that would be immoral and wrong but not when he is 17 already.
I dont think that either Rui or Nat are "grown ups" they are still really immature, they have matured a bit during the story and obviously it is rather apparent and the main reason the change from school to uni/work and experiencing life. Hina in the other hand she is still a bit more mature, but still lagging behind, a reason would be the almost two years of isolation and self loathing for the things she did and her hope of getting back together with Nat (showing that she really naive, expecting him to wait for her when Rui was there doing her things and openly expressed her feelings).
How she treated them in the first chapters shows clearly her facade and her need to be seen as an adult. As someone slightly older than her, she was shown completely childish and obvious that she was pretending and from the bits of info we got from her past, shows she lacks life experiences, which for me at least is the main reason we "grow up/mature".
Adult is a very weird word, depending in which aspect of science u try to explain/receive it, it has a completely different meaning and in my book, all three of them are not grown ups/adults they are still (kids) figuring out themselves and how to interact with others.
Sorry if you think you can base a solid relationship around a student or someone that's already married i've got bad news for you, Hina to grow as a character needs to become independent and chase her own dreams and stop putting everything on hold for someone else this is why she's the most childish character in the series and needs to have goals outside of just having a relationship. Rui and Nat need to mature in terms of relationships but they're already for more mature than anything Hina has shown.
Apr 23, 2019 10:30 PM

Nov 2012
Von_Struth said:
if you think you can base a solid relationship around a student or someone that's already married i've got bad news for you, Hina to grow as a character needs to become independent and chase her own dreams and stop putting everything on hold for someone else this is why she's the most childish character in the series and needs to have goals outside of just having a relationship. Rui and Nat need to mature in terms of relationships but they're already for more mature than anything Hina has shown.

That's what I always say. Being older doesn't always mean being mature.
And I said it in the wall of the text of the 226th chapter discussion too.
Akagi-kunApr 23, 2019 10:47 PM
Apr 23, 2019 11:48 PM

Nov 2012
And at all, now all depends on Natsuo and his decisions adopted. I have said it and will continue to say it. If draw parallels with a Good Ending, the main character decided that it is important for him, finally made a choice and began to act. It was a manga for boys, after all. And it should be the same way here.
Apr 24, 2019 4:41 AM
Jun 2015
@von_struth in order to build a solid relationship u need a ton of stuff and besides when did i say that these were solid relationships? I didnt say such a thing cause they werent and both of them were shaky for different reasons. She is the most immature one, but the other two are still really immature not only in the relationship aspect but in life in general, Nat is letting others use him he knows that and he still doesnt act, do u think that this is mature?
Rui acts like an insecure teen (well she isnt age wise far from it) and tries to control everything in her own way to save an already broken relationship, a relationship with these many flaws wont last and i honestly agree that breaking up was the best thing for both. Imo Rui is the most mature one but still not at the level she can handle stuff, in a matire/meaningful way.
Apr 24, 2019 4:43 AM

Jan 2018
Even though I've dropped this shit a long time ago but still seeing this ugh now I remember why I dropped this shit before.

Also, feel really bad for Natsuo both sisters both fucking damn sisters first that big sister he really loved her and what she did break up with him then comes our best shit girl rui who after he has fallen in love with her broke up with him at this point I hope that any other girl is better than those couple of bitches sisters.
Apr 24, 2019 5:21 AM
Apr 2019
i have a feeling that Rui might end up with that chief-boy. fuck it seems like he's capable of winning Rui. i mean he ever made Rui blushed
Apr 24, 2019 6:11 AM

Jun 2014
What a waste of time this chapter was lmao
Apr 24, 2019 7:48 AM

Dec 2016
I totally agree with you. Yes, I'm worried - about what Chef Boy's gonna do now that he knows about the break-up, and about Hina's feelings coming back, but I believe in a happy ending between Rui and Natsuo.
Apr 24, 2019 10:09 AM
Feb 2016
lol, not surprised as how much shit this is going through rn.

My god, you're all arguing and trying to preach Rui as this goddess (I'm not that fond of her really). I'd rather have her get with the chef and Natsuo end u with Hina.

But either way keep arguing with eachother lol
Apr 24, 2019 12:27 PM

May 2015
Now Kajita is going to get the idea that it's ok to go after Rui because her and Natsuo broke up. Ugh... I mean yeah, that's technically true, but Rui obviously still loves Natsuo despite being the one that ended the relationship. I don't think Kajita is a bad dude or anything, but I really don't want him a Rui to end up together. I can see that as a possible outcome and I'm honestly worried.

Apr 24, 2019 4:29 PM

Jan 2019
So, any guesses on about how many chapters left till chef Boi's confession?
Apr 24, 2019 4:59 PM
Mar 2015
The love battle between one guy who tried to rape her and one guy who thinks he is her boyfriend. All because of her stupid decision to dump Natsu. She will have nobody to blame but herself if Natsu moves on
Apr 24, 2019 10:19 PM

Nov 2012
-Rogue said:

It will most likely be in the next chapter. According to its result, it will be clear what to expect in the end. Also I think Serizawa (and maybe Hina, but it's less likely in the coming chapters) will make her move too.
Apr 25, 2019 3:55 AM

Feb 2019
Akagi-kun said:
-Rogue said:

It will most likely be in the next chapter. According to its result, it will be clear what to expect in the end. Also I think Serizawa (and maybe Hina, but it's less likely in the coming chapters) will make her move too.

Well I highly doubt that there won't be at least one more "Hina Girlfriend" arc before the end. I still think he will end up with Rui, though. I just wish Rui wouldn't be with Kajita first...
hugedataApr 25, 2019 4:41 AM
Apr 25, 2019 4:34 AM

Nov 2012
hugedata said:
Well I highly doubt that there won't be at least one more "Hina Girlfriend" arc before the end.

It could be possible. But for some reason I think that Serizawa will try first.
I think that now the chances for Rui/Hina/Serizawa about 60/39/1%.
hugedata said:

I still think he will end up with Rui, though. I just wish Rui wouldn't be with Karija first...

I feel the same way. Because it's not clear to me if Sasuga ultimately decided to pair Rui with Kajita, why the heck were we just messing with all those 100+ chapters?
Apr 25, 2019 8:28 AM

Jan 2019
Akagi-kun said:
-Rogue said:

It's completely my personal opinion but if Hina tries to make a move now, then it will be a butcher of her character development till now.

This arc is giving me a feeling dejavu as it's going exactly the same way when Nat realized his feelings for Rui when Momo and AL proposed to them respectively.
It's not bad but I'll love to see a more creative ending.
Apr 25, 2019 9:59 AM
Apr 2019
Akagi-kun said:
am1lls said:
227 chapters in and no where close to a potential ending.... I mean might as well end with a harem ;)

So far, more like Natsuo end alone.
Ten chapters are enough for Sasuga to finish everything.

So the Manga will be finished soon? I readed the whole manga the last 2 days, so i'm a newbie, sorry for the question^^
Apr 26, 2019 12:40 AM

Nov 2012
I guess the ch.228 won't be until may 7th.
Apr 26, 2019 6:40 AM
Feb 2019
Akagi-kun said:
"We couldn't go on like this... " But that's was not Nat who chose long-distance relationships...
The sisters both come just idiotic.
Sometimes I even want Serizawa take Nat for herself.
Yea, same. I like Serizawa.
Apr 26, 2019 6:40 AM
Feb 2019
Akagi-kun said:
"We couldn't go on like this... " But that's was not Nat who chose long-distance relationships...
The sisters both come just idiotic.
Sometimes I even want Serizawa take Nat for herself.
Yea, same. I like Serizawa.
Apr 26, 2019 6:43 AM
Feb 2019
Caught up after nearly 2 weeks of reading. Too bad I got to wait 2 weeks for another chapter. But oh well. Last episode was good and Al is actually trying to help Natsuo, instead of stealing Rui 😂. I wonder what Al's reaction will be in the next.
Apr 28, 2019 2:26 AM
Apr 2019
Rooting for NatxRui..Hina already said that she can love Natsu as a big sister. And for ChefxRui, it would crush the hope of the readers bcoz of the long Nat×Rui development. I hope the author will consider the hope of her readers. Many will get upset if Rui will end up with chef boy.

However, NatxHina is okay but still, in the end, Rui should not be with the chef. Rui is still inlove with Natsu so I think the remaining chapters will focus on NatxHina or NatxRui.
Apr 28, 2019 2:58 AM

Mar 2019
Jonerthan said:

So the Manga will be finished soon? I readed the whole manga the last 2 days, so i'm a newbie, sorry for the question^^

Someone predicted that the manga will end in two years, so 100 more chapters. based on tankobon sales.

Naewanz said:
Caught up after nearly 2 weeks of reading. Too bad I got to wait 2 weeks for another chapter. But oh well. Last episode was good and Al is actually trying to help Natsuo, instead of stealing Rui 😂. I wonder what Al's reaction will be in the next.

Al was was awesome in this chapter. Old literature group was definitively better than the drama group.
May 3, 2019 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
Von_Struth said:

This is my great hope, preach granny preach.

Yessss I forgot about this. Thank you!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 4, 2019 5:10 PM

Mar 2009
Anyone know how long has it been since her departure to USA? She was supposed to stay there for 1 year so i wonder how much time left for her comeback.

I guess we'll get 2-3 more arcs.
- Natsu+Hina arc
- Rui Comeback arc
- Story Resolution + Epilogue?

As for ending i see only two options Natsu+Rui or Natsu+ nobody.
Hina should back to that teacher from early chapters. He turned out to be alright after all.
May 4, 2019 7:29 PM

Dec 2014
for it al...rui is all yours
May 4, 2019 7:36 PM

Nov 2012
madoy said:
Anyone know how long has it been since her departure to USA?

No more than six months, I suppose.
May 5, 2019 3:27 PM
Sep 2015
AspR2rafa said:
Natsuo will never be with Rui again right? Sooo it'll be hina? I remember when shows him in the future and it's obvious that he is with Rui or Hina. What you guys think?

Just my theory but looking back at the "teaser", there seem to be toys on the floor indicating children. The person coming home says, "We're home!" as in multiple people. Natsuo and Rui had a final night sleeping together before she broke things off. She might be pregnant in NY?

She was thinking Natsuo still loved Hina when he got stabbed. She overheard Mom saying they should have let Nat and Hina be together. That's when she started thinking she might not be good for him. Things just escalated in her mind when she wasn't the one he confided in about his writer's block.
Rui loves Natsuo and broke with him because she thinks he'll be happier with someone else, likely Hina. If she finds she is pregnant, it would give her a reason to reexamine her feelings.
May 8, 2019 4:57 AM

Apr 2019
55Chevee said:
AspR2rafa said:
Natsuo will never be with Rui again right? Sooo it'll be hina? I remember when shows him in the future and it's obvious that he is with Rui or Hina. What you guys think?

Just my theory but looking back at the "teaser", there seem to be toys on the floor indicating children. The person coming home says, "We're home!" as in multiple people. Natsuo and Rui had a final night sleeping together before she broke things off. She might be pregnant in NY?

She was thinking Natsuo still loved Hina when he got stabbed. She overheard Mom saying they should have let Nat and Hina be together. That's when she started thinking she might not be good for him. Things just escalated in her mind when she wasn't the one he confided in about his writer's block.
Rui loves Natsuo and broke with him because she thinks he'll be happier with someone else, likely Hina. If she finds she is pregnant, it would give her a reason to reexamine her feelings.

Nice theory, I'm with you, I would love to see something like that happening, this kind of development is better than the actual chefboi forced ntr.
Mar 22, 2022 6:09 AM

May 2020
Time to Rui story, meet Al in NYC and lunch together in Rui's dorm also with Kajita Chef-kun. Yea Rui better with that chef boy after all. Al already have Lily as I remember so, it's time to Kajita story.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 270 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Short_Circut - Apr 21, 2020

83 by Saijiroo »»
Mar 24, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 276 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Short_Circut - Jun 8, 2020

220 by Lord_Deathsuki »»
Mar 15, 12:23 PM

» For the sake of happiness...

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

3 by itzswxzy »»
Mar 13, 8:57 AM

» What I Think.......

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

4 by Kidzuna »»
Mar 13, 12:52 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2015

12 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 19, 11:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.