15th Anniversary
Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 65
I think the main problem that I (and probably most of the Rui fans) have with him is the fact that his story crosses into the realm of NTR.

Netorare, commonly called NTR, is a disturbing trend/genre/trope that used to be exclusive to hentai, but is popping up more and more in non-hentai manga. It involves someone who is not the MC stealing the MC's girl. Usually in a sexual-type way.

Not enough story has been devoted to Karita (or Karija maybe? Hard to find his real name and I am too lazy to dig through the manga to find it) to really develop his character so we only know him as 'someone else who is interested in Rui'. He has become a rival to Natsuo and as such, an antagonist. Since we know very little about him, he can only be a villain. He is, at the very least, someone who is standing in the way of Natsuo's happiness.

Now if Natsuo chooses to be with Hina (or anyone who is not Rui), than maybe we could be more sympathetic to Chef Boi, because it will be Natsuo's choice and not Rui's. Thus, It will be the mistake made by Natsuo and not Chef Boi.

Having Chef Boi and Rui get intimate while there are still unresolved feelings between Natsuo and Rui is distasteful.
 
#2
Apr 16, 7:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1325
Exactly, that's the problem (NTR). I felt exactly the same way when I read the chapters about Hina and the Stalker boi.
I didn't like the Chef boi behavior in the new chapter.
 
#3
Apr 16, 8:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 356
hugedata said:

Having Chef Boi and Rui get intimate while there are still unresolved feelings between Natsuo and Rui is distasteful.

Exactly this.
If Chef Boi and Rui get intimate with each other while Rui still have some lingering feelings for Natsuo, the series will become a mindless NTR.
Any attempts for reconciliation of Rui with Natsuo after this becomes a lame attempt to end the manga with a happy ending.

hugedata said:

Now if Natsuo chooses to be with Hina (or anyone who is not Rui), than maybe we could be more sympathetic to Chef Boi, because it will be Natsuo's choice and not Rui's. Thus, It will be the mistake made by Natsuo and not Chef Boi.

As of now, any chances of having a romantic relationship b/w Hina and Natsuo is pretty slim as both of them have gave up their feelings for each other and moved on. Hina just wants to support Natsuo to accomplish his dream as her elder sister.
 
#4
Apr 16, 7:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 206
There is no NTR in this. They broke up.
"Smile, no matter how much you're suffering!"
 
#5
Apr 16, 9:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1325
Skyreth-XIII said:
There is no NTR in this. They broke up.

Technically, this is a true statement. But this is almost a word that can be explain what is happening, if things go on this way. This will be NTR for Nat, since it was not THEY broke up. It was Rui make a decision to broke up. Until Nat lets go of his feelings for Rui it was NTR.
 
#6
Apr 17, 3:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 65
Skyreth-XIII said:
There is no NTR in this. They broke up.


She is still Natsuo's primary love interest. So until that gets resolved, it is definitely NTR.
 
#7
Apr 17, 9:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2616
That's why I hate this garbage same thing happened once before but at least they are not in the relationship that time but I still hated it also hate his fucking piece of garbage.
 
#8
Apr 18, 2:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 9
I hate him because his the proof of the poor writing of the manga, his there only for an specific purpose,and only this, and that purpose is, be with Rui, kei even created for him, a sad background, but I still love the series, even with the pathetic and anticlimactic breakup
 
#9
Apr 19, 2:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 1847
Chef boy is going to be the realization factor Rui just like Serizawa (Unfortunately) will be the realization for Natsuo. I have some ideas of how I would like this manga to end but we'll see where Sensei takes it.
Fall 2019 Waifus in Profile.

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me
 
Apr 20, 6:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 65
It's schroedinger's NTR. Rui is the cat in the box. Chef Boi is the poison gas.
 
Apr 22, 4:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 65
Just finished reading Sasuga Kei's other main manga, "Good Ending" and came to the conclusion that Rui could totally have sex with Karija in DG. The other story had NTR all over the place including sex. So I am depressed again...
 
Apr 23, 3:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1325
hugedata said:
Just finished reading Sasuga Kei's other main manga, "Good Ending" and came to the conclusion that Rui could totally have sex with Karija in DG. The other story had NTR all over the place including sex. So I am depressed again...

No, GE didn't have NTR. Yuki's ex-boyfriend kidnapped her in the last chapters but Utsumi save her. Also Yuki and her ex had sex before she start dating with Utsumi, long ago even before she meet Utsumi. Or you about Shou?
 
Apr 23, 3:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 65
Akagi-kun said:
hugedata said:
Just finished reading Sasuga Kei's other main manga, "Good Ending" and came to the conclusion that Rui could totally have sex with Karija in DG. The other story had NTR all over the place including sex. So I am depressed again...

No, GE didn't have NTR. Yuki's ex-boyfriend kidnapped her in the last chapters but Utsumi save her. Also Yuki and her ex had sex before she start dating with Utsumi, long ago even before she meet Utsumi. Or you about Shou?


It was Shou right at the beginning, but hints of it with Yuki throughout. We didn't find out her ex was a stalker until much later. Early on, he was someone that seemed on course to steal Yuki away.
 
Apr 23, 3:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 1325
hugedata said:
It was Shou right at the beginning, but hints of it with Yuki throughout. We didn't find out her ex was a stalker until much later. Early on, he was someone that seemed on course to steal Yuki away.


Shou originally picked the wrong guy. That's her problem. She wasn't dating Utsumi then, but he definitely had feelings for her at the time. So, Yes, I agree, this can be seen as a kind of NTR. And yes, that was an unpleasant moment. Although, truth be told, I never liked her character. As for Yuki. I was worried about that moment, but I'm glad it ended really well. And Utsumi found he have balls and saved Yuki.
If things go in that direction now, I only hope Natsuo goes to new York and kicks Kajita's ass.
 
Apr 28, 4:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 65
Akagi-kun said:
hugedata said:
It was Shou right at the beginning, but hints of it with Yuki throughout. We didn't find out her ex was a stalker until much later. Early on, he was someone that seemed on course to steal Yuki away.


Shou originally picked the wrong guy. That's her problem. She wasn't dating Utsumi then, but he definitely had feelings for her at the time. So, Yes, I agree, this can be seen as a kind of NTR. And yes, that was an unpleasant moment. Although, truth be told, I never liked her character. As for Yuki. I was worried about that moment, but I'm glad it ended really well. And Utsumi found he have balls and saved Yuki.
If things go in that direction now, I only hope Natsuo goes to new York and kicks Kajita's ass.


I actually hope that Kajita ends up being a bad guy. Kidnapping or something. That would please me a lot. Then Nat can come save her.
Modified by hugedata, Apr 28, 7:04 AM
 
Apr 28, 5:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 1
I think this whole arc is just artificial, unnecessary drama.
Seen from a storytelling perspective, it makes sense that Nat/Rui broke up. Even if Chapter 216 really shocked me, the series as a whole really needed this change of tone.

I think it will play out like this: Chef Boi will make a move on Rui... She will (probably) give it a shot. They will end up dating but Rui will then suddenly realize, that her feelings are still too strong for Nat-Chan.
We will get a "separation arc", where Rui and Natsuo will sort out their feelings but in the end, they will come together again... Happy End.

But that´s exactly the problem I have with Chef Boi. The way he was introduced had the goal to make us hate him (what seemed to work out very well). His only purpose will be, to spice up the ending of the manga. It's kind of cheap.

 
Top

Preview MangaManga Store