Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 14, 2019 2:34 PM

Aug 2009
So as a millennial living in 2019... I noticed that I put probably too much importance on review... anime review, movie reviews, amazon product reviews, app reviews, restaurant reviews... like if something exists I'm sure there's a review of it.

I noticed I also tend to write a few reviews... mostly restaurants and movies, but yeah it got me thinking like do other ppl really care that much about reviews? How often do you look at a review before you purchase something and how likely are you to review something?

Discuss
LoneWolfApr 15, 2019 9:26 AM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 14, 2019 8:09 PM

Jul 2016
i usually just wing it or go by word of mouth/recommendations from others. i hardly ever feel the need
to read a review, especially since they're often grossly biased (if it's on a show or whatever). but if we're
talking tech products or like an appliance, i'll probably read a review before purchasing it. and i hardly ever
review anything, i just don't feel the need to give my opinion on things except to close friends or if someone asks.

grouper - no other

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:46

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

⁞⁞⁞ purple cause baal is my wife  ⁞⁞⁞
Apr 14, 2019 8:19 PM
Jul 2018
When it comes to anime, I'll normally take a look at the comment reviews to see just positive the product impacted people. Sometimes these reviewers will even share things that are not so hot about the item, rather than just straight saying how great the product is. This allows me to make a more concise decision before I go to finalize the purchase of that given product.
Apr 14, 2019 10:06 PM
Jul 2018
I usually don't buy stuff from Amazon or Newegg if that something is under 4-stars, but then again these are the only 2 places where I shop online, so yes I do care and read reviews before I buy something.

When it comes to games, I pirate them first, then play them and if I like it then I buy it(so I don't read any reviews), but (Lol) the only games that I've actually bought since 2003 were <Underrail> and <Pathfinder: Kingmaker>, that's actually says something, that gaming industry went to shit when consoles became a 'thing' with their mindless crap games.

As for Anime reviews > I don't care, Manga reviews?! > I just read it and if I like it then I like and if I don't like the first few chapters then I quit reading, simple.
Apr 14, 2019 11:49 PM
Jul 2018
Don't care about reviews when it comes to buying or investing time into something. After I'm done with it I check out reviews to see what other people have to say about it though.
Apr 15, 2019 2:24 AM

Jan 2017
In a world of so many products (be it anime/movies or toothpaste) , Is there a better way to find the good ones other than listening to the opinions of people who already tried them?
I'm glad so many people are doing reviews , Everyone's opinions matter.
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

Apr 15, 2019 2:41 AM

Dec 2016
if i'm buying a product online, i'll definitely look at reviews since there's no other/better way for me to judge whether the item is worth my money.

in regards to anime, i don't really look at the reviews on here as to help me decide whether to watch a show or not (though there's some pretty amusing reviews out there, and i enjoy reading those). if i like a premise, i watch it. i can always drop it later after all.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Apr 15, 2019 9:58 AM

Oct 2013
Most are major pussies who don't like hearing about anything that counters their faulty opinion. Bit different with purchasable products, but the same notion can still be applied (to an extent).

More topics from this board

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 1 hour ago

8 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

671 by Hitagi__Furude »»
4 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

45 by Crystepsi »»
10 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

19 by Crystepsi »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

23 by Adnash »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.