Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 14, 2019 2:31 PM
Jan 2016
Like any cultured man I can appreciate a sprinkle of romance thrown into the manga/anime I'm watching, regardless of whether it's a drama, an adventure story or a comedy. Normally it's just a nice extra element to the story, but I don't think too much about it rather than "hey, that's heartwarming". But every now and then I find myself almost more invested in the romance than in the main story, and I've come realize that it all comes down to the female character being some damn fine wife material.

You know what I'm talking about, the kind of character who supported the MC since way before he got strong/powerful/successful (think Hinata from Naruto). The type who selflessly cared for him without being psycho and obsessive about him (*cough* Yuno from Mirai Nikki). The person who also works hard on themselves to become stronger/better, instead of just relying on the MC all the time like some damsel in distress. In essence, the type of girl you look at and say "hey MC, you don't deserve her".

And note that this post isn't about characters who are great "waifu" material. Big difference.

Hence my question to you: What's the best wife material characters you've come across in manga/anime?
Apr 14, 2019 3:13 PM

Dec 2017
I think kaguya from kaguya sama wa kokurasetai is a waifu material. I mean, she supports MC no matter what. Only difference here is that MC is a normal student not too weak nor too strong.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 14, 2019 3:24 PM

Sep 2018
Kobeni from engaged to the unidentified

Kaede from Shuffle

Arceuid from Tsukihime
Apr 14, 2019 3:34 PM

Aug 2018
The main Claymores in Claymore, especially Miria. She has, for me, the best design in that manga, and her braveness and skill is quite unique regarding that every single main Claymore has done amazing things.

Apr 14, 2019 3:58 PM
Jan 2016
thevagus said:
I think kaguya from kaguya sama wa kokurasetai is a waifu material. I mean, she supports MC no matter what. Only difference here is that MC is a normal student not too weak nor too strong.

Good pick! I didn't mean that the MC necessarily needed to start out as someone weak who gradually became strong with the support of his love interest. It was just an example of how she loves and supports the MC despite him not being "attractive" in that sense
Apr 15, 2019 12:57 AM

Mar 2017
I think i'm going to agree with several of the replies here. Wife is someone who supports her other half, can take care of herself pretty well, is very good at doing household, and is devoted to her other half as well. I think Kobeni from Mikakunin is the closest i can think of, and Tohru from Fruit Basket.
It's time to play the Game folks!
Apr 15, 2019 4:58 AM

Jan 2019
I don't think anyone can beat Yuzuki from Taishou Otome Otogibanashi as potential Wife Material. She cares and supports the MC throughout the series and doesn't gets up into unnecessary drama.
May 11, 2019 8:22 AM
Jul 2018
Miyuki Takara from Lucky Star.

It's not really a fair opinion since it was my first anime that I ever watched, but yeah, hella cute. She's a moe and your typical cute glasses character, and she's intelligent, but still a bit of an airhead.

Waifu material 100
May 11, 2019 10:50 AM

Aug 2016
Character like senjougahara are a good fit
May 11, 2019 11:54 AM
May 2018
It seems people have hard time paying attention, so...

Pulpics said:

And note that post isn't about characters who are great "waifu" material. Big difference.

Absolutely, definitely, no contest, Goku's spouse Chichi from Dragon Ball franchise.

I've seen around 2000 anime ( a lot of that were short OVAs, and movies, or specials, but still), and there were so many perfect, beautiful, super capable wife characters most fans would choose, but when it comes to WIFE WIFE, no one can hold a candle to Chichi.

Even though she is married to an irresponsible, manchild idiot alien who can literally destroy universe, and who cares more about battles, and training, than his family, even though angry, Chichi still accepts him for what he is, and still manages to raise her sons on her own.

She may have been stern towards her older son when he was a child, but that only helped him become respectable adult, both as a husband, as a father, and as a person.

Chichi is extremely disliked by fandom, but in reality, as a wife, she's perfect.

The only weird thing about her is how she looks with her hair down; and she is grandma at this point.

May 11, 2019 4:22 PM

Jun 2014
I know one thing, the guy in my current avatar is "Husband Material."

May 11, 2019 5:35 PM

May 2016
alpha hatsuseno, yawara inokuma, and maya kitajima ♡.♡

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
May 12, 2019 12:18 AM

Sep 2015
Probably Belldandy.
May 12, 2019 7:41 PM

Feb 2018
Absolutely Sakura Matou from Fate/ Stay Night series.

Since she met Shirou Emiya, she always support and care about him. 'Everyday in the morning she comes to shirou's house to wake him up or prepare the breakfast. She loves him even before all the Holy Grail War thing happen.
May 13, 2019 12:51 AM

Jan 2017
Characters that are wife material? Easy question, anything besides every trash character that "is" wife material. [Such as Asuna or Rem for example]
May 13, 2019 1:20 AM

Jul 2016
if i was going based on personal preferences and the character's personality, i'd probably have to pick either faye valentine or
misato katsuragi. idk i just really love a strong female character who can take care of herself but is also kind of riddled with scars.
and uh characters who i wouldn't necessarily "wife" but i find their personalities really supporting and loyal to a fault that'd make
them potentially really great waifus are probably tomoyo daidouji (okay, but she needs to be older LOL) and belial from as.

grouper - no other

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:46

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

⁞⁞⁞ purple cause baal is my wife  ⁞⁞⁞
May 30, 2019 12:08 PM

Sep 2007
Yukie "Mayucchi" Mayuzumi of Majikoi >> She can handle all the house works, is fun to have around, shy and a battle master.

Ami Mizuno of Sailor Moon >> Brain of the team and a girl who can learn basically everything she wants.

Reika of Gantz >> A badass and stunning model.

Uka-no-mitama-no-kami of Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha >> She is funny, cute and beautiful as the situation demands. And it's a goddess which is always a great point.

Well it depends on what you expect from a potential wife of course.
Jun 17, 2019 12:22 AM
Jul 2018
Speedwagonnnnnnnn
Jun 17, 2019 2:17 AM

Jun 2016
Holo. Our personalities are so similar it's ridiculous. Also despite being a hundreds of years old wolf spirit, with a drinking problem and an attitude, she is the cutest thing ever.

Saber (Artoria Pendragon) is also supreme wife material, I don't have to explain why.

Jun 17, 2019 2:41 AM

Nov 2011
My waifu is a wife material as she have proven to be willing to take care of potato. How many of your waifu have actually act like a wife?

More topics from this board

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
1 hour ago

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
3 hours ago

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Today, 4:50 AM

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

29 by Jutrio »»
Yesterday, 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.