Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Forest of Piano
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2019 1:27 PM
May 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good ending...Kai wins "treble" and becomes champs......Ajino's hand recovers and continues his career.....Emilia has healed....Kai & Ajino play together in the end...Good classical music theme drama.
Apr 15, 2019 11:59 AM

Mar 2013
Great ending. Really didn't expect Ajino's hands to be healed though, that was a huge surprise. Wasn't really satisfied with the ending though, was hoping something similar to the OP would have occurred, like a dramatic return home and everyone from the forest is there to welcome him and his new friends.
DignityApr 15, 2019 12:08 PM
Apr 15, 2019 3:25 PM
Jul 2017
i'm kinda disappointed about the ending
Apr 16, 2019 6:56 AM
Apr 2019
So satisfied with this ending. My heart is so happy. This is now in my top 10.
Apr 17, 2019 8:05 PM
Nov 2011
Where are people watching it since I can’t find the episode?
Apr 20, 2019 8:07 AM
Jan 2012
I like the ending.
Apr 20, 2019 8:09 AM

Sep 2015
I wish they have complemented a little more about Rei-chan situation, did she and the other girls really leaved the cabaret? The last 10 minutes were kind of rushed for sure.
Apr 20, 2019 8:34 AM

Aug 2013
Congrats to Kai for winning the competition. He deserved it.

Ajino's Hands healed and he continues with his career.

Apr 20, 2019 12:25 PM

Jan 2015
Such a wonderful, beautiful ending! ❤️
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Apr 20, 2019 6:20 PM
Mar 2015
I am glad that they adapted the manga ending to show what Kai was really playing for
Apr 21, 2019 6:30 PM

Oct 2015
Great to see Ajino play again especially along with his student in that comeback concert recital. But I wished they played more and pitched in a bit of emotions there. Either way I am glad he's back, and I must say I was surprised when Kai suggested the surgery. Also congratulations to Kai for winning the competition, I'm really proud of him considering how he came to be. I see Emilia has woken up and that judge has finally made music a priority than national pride, good for them.

Overall this was a good season except the bad animation. The first season's animation and art were too much, then this season's was too little. The motions were so bad and the drawings were so cheap it hurts your eyes. The way animation was so cheap, they cut down on contestant's play in the piano. Like they never showed their fingers caressing those keys, and those were the most important parts they shouldn't have cut out.

Anyways I enjoyed it and I got some closure on how this would pen out. 8/10 just for enjoyment only and not include the animation/visuals.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 22, 2019 5:46 PM
May 2016
Somebody please tell me they know what the last song that Ajino and Kai were playing
Apr 24, 2019 1:59 PM

Oct 2010
awesome way to end it. Honestly was lackluster overall compared to s1 but the ending made me change my mind. 8/10.

UploadError said:
Somebody please tell me they know what the last song that Ajino and Kai were playing

It was Rachmaninov Suite No. 2, Op. 17, Movement 3 for Two Pianos
Apr 28, 2019 2:13 PM

Aug 2017
The ending was perfect to me. I am so glad Kai won the whole competition! He was the best all along and deserved it. This season was a great journey and the only thing that disappointed me was the lack of animation during the music scenes.

Oh and it was great to see how much Kai cared about his mentor. Signing him up for surgery was the best he could do. It brought tears to my eyes and let's hope Ajino and Kai will play the piano together in the future!
Apr 29, 2019 5:55 PM

Jul 2012
Blown away. Cried so much.

It's so beautiful. He fought so hard for Ajino.

9/10 for entire series, 8/10 for s2.
Apr 29, 2019 10:05 PM
Dec 2016
good ending; seeing both on two piano was awesome
didn't expect that the doctor be for Ajino can't contend my tears.. damn
awful animation but story and music..totally worthy, I enjoyed everything.
May 1, 2019 3:11 AM
Aug 2011
Wasn't expecting when suddenly... H U M A N H A N D S in my anime lmao. Props to the pianists there is no fault to the musical side of the series.

The visuals were so rough throughout. It's been said many times but I can't get over that it was more slideshow than visuals, what an pity.
Imagine this entire series with beautiful and fluid animation.

Had my share of issues with the overall series but it was also effective sometimes in carrying the emotions. GOOD characters here unlike 90% of shitty seasonals.
May 1, 2019 6:23 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That was such a good finale ;__; This episode made me so emotional. When I first began the anime, I wouldn't have ever imagined how important the role Ajino would play in the story. After all, the movie's main visual is of Kai and Amamiya. However, I really liked the mentor and student relationship between Ajino and Kai, and he was almost like a father to Kai as well. I wish we could've gotten a bit more of Rei in the second season, but I suppose the whole story was just about Kai and the competition. Maybe she played a bigger role in the manga?

Despite looking like a slideshow more than half the time, there were still moments that I cried in throughout this season. I'm really proud of Kai, and I love his reason for wanting to fix Ajino's hand. It wasn't for Ajino, as much as it was for him to have a rival to surpass. The last scene was incredibly heartwarming. I really wish they gave Piano no Mori what it deserves, better animation and visuals. It's really sad to see the full series being ranked way under the movie.

Also, I laughed so hard when Amamiya was crying for Kai. His face was so comical, also, the voice acting, lol. Speaking of voice acting, Suwabe did such a good job with Ajino crying in this episode. It was brief and not over the top, perfect as Ajino.

stand said:
Wasn't expecting when suddenly... H U M A N H A N D S in my anime lmao.

SAME
May 8, 2019 9:31 PM

May 2009
Fucking slideshow
May 11, 2019 8:40 PM
Mar 2012
End was so good raised a point. Finally Kai's true motivation for winning the comp was revealed, turns out wasn't about the edge of forest, but Ajino's left hand they mentioned long long ago. Also greatly surprisingly was Emilia just randomly pop out & no one not even Lech says a thing. Art/animation were bad most times & s1 more enjoyable than s2. But good conclusion saved it.
Glad for Wei Pang & Adamski too. Would've been much better if the finalists got proper backstory/intro. I like Amamiya's most happy face was for the friend he once hated, and Kai reversing and becoming a 'teacher' to train Ajino's hand.
May 18, 2019 11:05 AM

Nov 2011
So glad this anime got the treatment it deserved. Kai's journey and becoming who he is in the present is very inspiring.

So much talent made their spotlight this season and we got to see their accomplishments. Great stuff overall.
Jun 27, 2019 2:17 PM

Mar 2018
That was a lovely ending. Piano no Mori is a bit frustrating. The story, characters and music are fab but the animation is the worst I have seen for any show. In S01 there was a ton of really crappy cgi that wasn't even properly rendered and S02 was mainly a bunch of pictures and barely any movemen. No show of hands and only those white floating dots to simulate at least some movement. It is a shame that such a lovely show was animated so badly. The show still gets a seven out of ten because the music was outstanding and I really liked the story. The ending was satisfying for me.
Jun 29, 2019 6:01 PM

Jun 2008
I rate this Read the manga/10
Jul 19, 2019 10:08 AM

Mar 2012
Terrible animation but I still liked it a lot specially the last few episodes.
Jul 29, 2019 12:51 PM

Aug 2017
I really liked the twist about Ajino's surgery while Kai winning the competition was obvious but for me the best part is that Kai cared about his mentor.

It could be 8/10 easily but the animation was......not good. 7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 3, 2019 9:14 PM

Dec 2012
I'm really happy for Ajino.
Feb 23, 2020 8:47 AM
Dec 2019
I'm not crying, you are
May 26, 2021 6:20 PM
Oct 2019
holy crap. kai getting the hand surgeon for ajino. really touching. and then him playing little brown jug at the gala concert haha...emotional

kai winning the contest was pretty cool, too

i think i liked this a little more than season 1? idk, hard to say

8/10 overall
Jun 29, 2021 8:09 PM

Feb 2012
second season was a 7/10 for me until the ending changed my mind.
Can't help but love the relationship between both Ajino and Kai and the emotions during this episode. Most notably, when he played Little Brown Jug.

Animation was even worse than first season and it felt slightly below overall but yeah, the ending more than made for it.
8/10.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Sep 14, 2022 10:32 PM

Nov 2013
Too bad they seem to have used all their animation budget on the opening title sequence. Would have been better if they animated the piano performances during the episodes as well. At least the music was good.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Piano no Mori (TV) 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2019

16 by modboy »»
Dec 21, 2023 3:20 PM

Poll: » Piano no Mori (TV) 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2019

16 by basspig »»
Sep 7, 2022 9:23 PM

Poll: » Piano no Mori (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2019

19 by Reisho-Teki »»
Sep 20, 2021 7:27 AM

Poll: » Piano no Mori (TV) 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2019

9 by HagePotPotato »»
May 26, 2021 3:42 PM

Poll: » Piano no Mori (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2019

12 by HagePotPotato »»
May 26, 2021 2:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.