Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 14, 2019 8:34 AM
Sep 2018
I have been planning for some time to watch at Dragon Ball but I do not know which of the above mentioned is better.Help pls ! (Sorry for my bad english,im romanian)
Jun 28, 2019 4:59 PM

Mar 2013
AvengerRO said:
I have been planning for some time to watch at Dragon Ball but I do not know which of the above mentioned is better.Help pls ! (Sorry for my bad english,im romanian)

Sorry if this is really late on your part (you've might of already watched the series already), but in my opinion, watching the Kai version might be better.
I love both of them.
I grew up watching the original version, but it has filler seasons and episodes. It tends to draw out the fight and "staring" scenes much more than it should.
Kai gets rid of the fillers, and reduces down the drawn out fights. Its more in tune with the manga. It also has more accurate translations (in the English dub).
Jun 28, 2019 5:01 PM

Aug 2018
Kai version is better,there is no fillers and audio is much better

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Aug 1, 2019 10:08 AM

Dec 2012
Dragonball Z has a much better soundtrack, it has epic battle music and other great scores, it also feels a bit more dark I think. Kai has OK music but it is kind of generic. The dub might be better in Kai but not by much. Frieza is better voiced in Kai, but Gohan has a better voice in DBZ. The others aren't much better or worse. The dub is more accurate to the manga in Kai, but I didn't mind because I haven't read the manga. DBZ has more cheesy lines and jokes which aren't present in Kai (probably because it wasn't in the manga), but I thought these were good. The downside of DBZ are the filler episodes and the filler arc isn't that good. Battles are more drawn out also. The filler arc can be skipped though. All of this is for the funimation dubbed version, DBZ is one of those few shows where the English dub is better imo.
DragonfistAug 1, 2019 10:30 AM
Aug 1, 2019 10:15 AM
May 2019
I grew up with dragon ball z it has a huge nostalgic value for me so I'll go with it plus the OST is better. And I also happen to like some of the filler episodes like BigGreen and Goku learning to drive a car.
Aug 1, 2019 10:52 AM
Nov 2018
Dragon ball Z with original Japanese OST, because it just doesn't feel like a full package with all the filler removed like in Kai
Sep 14, 2019 1:03 PM

Mar 2019
If you want good music to go with the scenes i would watch the OG Dragonball Z. But if you want voice acting that makes a lil bit sense even though that doesnt really matter you should watch kai. (Filler episodes are most of the time awesome anyway)

Mar 5, 2020 4:09 PM
Feb 2020
Dragon Ball kai is better because it has no fillers or wrap (sorry for my bad english)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Kai Episode 5 Discussion

Ishmael - May 3, 2009

44 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Kai Episode 4 Discussion

Ishmael - Apr 26, 2009

27 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Kai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FireReaverX - Apr 19, 2009

54 by wallus81 »»
Apr 7, 12:20 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Danish - Apr 4, 2009

143 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 6:44 PM

» Is it worth watching along with DBZ?

RobertBobert - Jul 28, 2023

32 by Alexioos95 »»
Jan 30, 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.