Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 13, 2019 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Swim girl Uraka is here!

Definitely had some awkward moments this episode. It seems they're starting to bring out some more fan service in this show now too. Felt like this episode had a more energy than the previous one mostly thanks to Uraka's presence. The scenes in the darkness had some awkward moments. All that blushing lul

Apr 13, 2019 9:42 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
So chapter 3 and 5 got skipped, huh? Well, other than that, it's a pretty well-paced episode. Next episode probably won't skip anything since the preview shows stuff from chapter 8-10.
Apr 13, 2019 10:10 AM

Apr 2016
And here she is, Miku the best girl.
Apr 13, 2019 10:27 AM

Nov 2016
Best girl Uruka is finally here.

Looks and personality are ultimate win.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 13, 2019 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
Uruka. <3
I love how innocent her love for Nariyuki is.

Fumino is my favorite but Uruka is right behind her.
I loved that scene with Fumino's spirit coming out of her. xD

Apr 13, 2019 10:36 AM

Nov 2007
Make sure to test your sugar content from here onwards anime-onlies because the Sweetest Girl in the Bokuben Universe, the Caramel Beauty, and Our Resident Mermaid Takemoto Uruka-chan has graced the anime!

To think that there was a time when I thought she will be just there to add numbers to the harem count!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 13, 2019 10:40 AM

Mar 2016
Well played Takemoto, well played...
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 13, 2019 10:47 AM

Feb 2019
I still like Rizu/Ogata the most. I think her character design and personality are endearing (coconut haircut, lol!)

I don't like the protagonist as much as the one in Quintessential Quintuplets and I don't know why. The plot of both shows share some similarities, but I think Fuutaro had much better charisma. I still like this show overall!
Apr 13, 2019 10:49 AM

Jul 2014
They did Fumino dirty by skipping CH 5.
Ch3 was tons of fun too.. oh well, I would have preferred them skipping CH6 and doing 3 instead but I guess they wanted to focus more on the chapters having Uruka on it.
Apr 13, 2019 10:59 AM
Jan 2015
The 2nd episode was really nice as we get the character introduction of Uruka Takemoto a scatterbrained girl when it comes to studying but excels at sports. The character development was really strong this episode, as we see Ogata grow even closer to Nariyuki. The part where Nariyuki goes to Ogata's house to help with her short essay was a nice touch, especially during the blackout part it was cute seeing Ogata cling to Nariyuki because of her uneasiness with the dark, Uruka trying to play along as well was really funny as well. The teacher who said Ogata's view was banal on her essay is an interesting character, hope we get more screentime of her. Also I loved the part where Nariiyuki helped Uruka memorise for her vocabulary test by incorporating her swimming into, a very effective way to teach. Overall a great episode with good character development, can't wait for Episode 3!

Mod edit: Removed advertising.
DeadlyRavenMay 5, 2020 6:12 AM
Apr 13, 2019 11:00 AM

Mar 2012
Get ready gentleman for SS Uruka will start sailing today. Weather forecast show that there will be a great storm waiting ahead so only those who are brave may come aboard.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 13, 2019 11:07 AM

Feb 2012
Okay. What is with anime and characters that can't swim? What is this trope? Is this a Japanese thing?

It's like not knowing how to tie your shoe laces or ride a bike. It's just something you learn as you're growing up.

Am I just living in a country with a particularly high 'swimming literacy'? Do you guys actually know people that can't swim in real life?
Apr 13, 2019 11:12 AM

Mar 2012
Zei33 said:
Okay. What is with anime and characters that can't swim? What is this trope? Is this a Japanese thing?

It's like not knowing how to tie your shoe laces or ride a bike. It's just something you learn as you're growing up.

Am I just living in a country with a particularly high 'swimming literacy'? Do you guys actually know people that can't swim in real life?
Me and most of my family member.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 13, 2019 11:12 AM

Feb 2019
Zei33 said:

I can't swim...

I can swim underwater a little, with goggles. Like how Rizu was doing it, but I literally can't swim.
Apr 13, 2019 11:18 AM
Jan 2018
Zei33 said:

You do realize there's alot of people that can't swim no matter how old or ride a bike in the world
Apr 13, 2019 11:29 AM

Nov 2007
Zei33 said:

Fortunately you are. But it also shows how little you have knowledge about the outside world.
Coronavirus.
Apr 13, 2019 11:30 AM

Feb 2012
Mattinator95 said:
You do realize there's alot of people that can't swim no matter how old or ride a bike in the world

That is a stunning revelation. In my country, almost every student is forced to do swimming lessons for a period of time each year, pretty much throughout their schooling.

shanimebib said:
Fortunately you are. But it also shows how little you have knowledge about the outside world.

Oh, I didn't realise I needed a geographical rundown of global swimming literacy to have knowledge about the outside world. Ridiculous statement, considering I likely have more knowledge of history and geography than you and you don't know my level of education or what I've studied.
Zei33Apr 13, 2019 11:34 AM
Apr 13, 2019 11:46 AM

Aug 2013
Another fun episode.

This episode was more about Uraka.

Apr 13, 2019 11:50 AM

Mar 2012
Zei33 said:
Mattinator95 said:

That is a stunning revelation. In my country, almost every student is forced to do swimming lessons for a period of time each year, pretty much throughout their schooling.

shanimebib said:

Oh, I didn't realise I needed a geographical rundown of global swimming literacy to have knowledge about the outside world. Ridiculous statement, considering I likely have more knowledge of history and geography than you and you don't know my level of education or what I've studied.
You say like that's a given but it's not like those who are attending swimming lesson can do it in the first place. Attending it and mastering it are two different thing.

Here we also forced to do it but no matter how many time some people just not have aptitude to it.
Apr 13, 2019 12:12 PM
Jan 2017
Another amazing episode! Nariyuki faces yet another challenge when he becomes Uruka's new tutor. Fortunately, he is able to adapt to the circumstances and help Uruka with her problems. This episode delivers a fair amount of character development for Nariyuki and Uruka, especially when their mutual history gets revealed. The show has done a good job at featuring a good combination of heart and humor and hopefully, it will only get better.
Apr 13, 2019 12:25 PM
Jan 2019
What a funny episode.
Never tell the little thumb (Ogata) that he can not swim. LOL 😂.
So Takemoto is in love with Nariyuki. And that man does not count, it reminds me of Uesugi of "Gotoubun no Hanayome" xD.
Apr 13, 2019 12:33 PM
Mar 2015
Uraka arrives the childhood friend who already loves him
Apr 13, 2019 12:44 PM

May 2018
Ok so Science and math prodigy girl who suck at literature, check.

Modern Japanese and literature wiz girl who suck at math and science, check

School Swimming ace who suck at studying, check.

So what about the maid and the former tutor?????
Apr 13, 2019 12:59 PM

Aug 2008
Shame MC is such a ballsless wet paper towel like every other crappy rom com lead. Girls are pretty standard as well, so with such bland cast I doubt there will be anything to find here aside from an occasional eye candy.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 13, 2019 1:26 PM

Feb 2007
Some quite nice moments, especially with Rizu.

Adding Uruka later like this feels a bit as if the author had no plans for her at first, though, and only came up with the idea later. Might have felt less out of place if the headmaster had mentioned the new requirements for her school of choice as well as the reason for suddenly adding her to Nariyuki's roster of students.
Apr 13, 2019 1:40 PM
May 2017
Nooo...They skipped the first house visit chapter and Fumino's chapter only for a full episode of Uruka!
Apr 13, 2019 2:37 PM
Mar 2017
So this episode was a introduction of a new girl. She is the type that can't study, but good on sports, energetic, and a friend of the mc. Yep, nothing new here, whatever.
For some reason, the girls knew the mc's family house and their financial situation before without showing the moments and the situation of the girls meeting his family or discovering his house. When and How this happened? Who knows. Also, the scenes and moment of this part were really weird and low quality, as expected for having two new studios, but atleast it were middle of the mediocre average to ok scenes and moments in this episode.
The part of the sport girl trying to study english for the english words test was meh, including some meh comedy and meh fanservice in the pool.
For the last, i couldn't get it, why the hell they didn't use the decent colorization of the flashback on the entire anime instead of using this shitty and blind collors on the characters? Well, just wainting for more 2 or 4 episodes of this, also the water was decent too.
Apr 13, 2019 5:06 PM

Dec 2013
The childhood friend joins the show. Pretty obvious she won’t be winning...

She gave him the wrong present lol
Apr 13, 2019 5:07 PM
Jan 2019
Loving her already ❤️❤️❤️
Apr 13, 2019 6:17 PM

Oct 2012
Fumino-sensei and Furuhashi fan here! For the anime fans I suggest that you should read the manga! It's not as dragged as you think it would be !
"Who knows."
Apr 13, 2019 6:45 PM

Nov 2007
landofthekwt said:
Uraka arrives the childhood friend who already loves him

And she is super energetic, ridiculously kind and an airhead on top of that.

She is already labeled with all the stuff that make her destined to be the dead last in harem romcoms 99 out of 100 times. But it doesn't matter to me. She is the sweetest girl of them all and I can't help it but root for her happiness.
Coronavirus.
Apr 13, 2019 6:54 PM

Jul 2014
"Those tan lines are sexy, right?" Completely agree. I mean...
DAMN!

Last episode I said that I was probably going to like the new girl a lot and I was right, I love Uruka, like, how can you not love her? Definitely the one I liked the most after these two episodes.

Rizu offers some serious competition though.
Apr 13, 2019 8:42 PM
Mar 2019
Ahhh, a new best girl probably.
Apr 13, 2019 9:52 PM
Mar 2017
I had already become fond of my little grumpy Rizu and now I am introduced to this girl full of energy and joy called Uruka, by God she is so lovely, she is funny, cheerful an exceptional swimmer, she also has a phenomenal body, I love the brunette girls and Uruka in her sport swimsuit is too beautiful. Uruka also knows Yuiga since middle school and to top it off she is in love with him.
Yuiga was already exhausted as Fumino and Rizu's tutor and now the director asks Yuiga to be Uruka's tutor, since she needs to improve her English grades to get the university she wants to apply for, but the problem is that Uruka is extremely distracted, she does not know how to concentrate, in other words she does not like to study, a challenge that makes Yuiga's life more difficult.
I love the nickname of Uruka "the Shimmering Ebony Mermaid Princess".
It made me laugh that Uruka was so reluctant to study, Yuiga had a very difficult time, but this caused a misunderstanding between him and Fumino and Rizu who saw Yuiga on Uruka and Fumino hits him with a fire extinguisher and Rizu gives him her looks of disgust and treats him like scum. After knowing that Yuiga is the tutor of both girls, Uruka accepts Yuiga as her tutor too, although it is very obvious that she accept to be close to him and prevent these two beautiful geniuses from being alone with her beloved. Uruka's flashback is very cute, because we see the moment she falls in love and she is so adorable as she blushes while listening to Yuiga.
I loved the chemistry between Uruka and Yuiga, being that they already knew each other and I love seeing how Uruka tries to get the attention of Yuiga.
Today Rizu had her adorable moment, the little genius has problems with an essay and asks Yuiga for help, in addition to bribing him with Udon, Uruka appears unexpectedly when she finds out that Rizu and Yuiga would be alone. For their bad luck there is a blackout and we discover that little Rizu is afraid of the dark and she clings to Yuiga, the funniest thing is that Uruka does the same to get Yuiga's attention. The moment the candle goes out was my favorite, Yuiga unwittingly grabbed certain parts of Uruka and Rizu's body and he is punished.
Today we had another look at Kirisu-sensei and still love her eyes as cold as the winter and her strict attitude.
The part in which they try to make Uruka study is very funny, first Uruka is attacked emotionally when she discovers that Rizu and Fumino do not have bad grades in English, especially when Fumino shows her excellent grade, a hard blow for the poor and clumsy Uruka.
I love it when Uruka emphasizes how beautiful and feminine Fumino is, since she aspires to look like her so Yuiga falls in love with Uruka.
Yuiga is a genius, what an incredible idea to use swimming for Uruka to learn English, besides that she answered everything correctly.
Rizu is very prideful and she doesn't like others to see her weaknesses and when Uruka mentioned that Rizu doesn't know how to swim she had to prove otherwise, it hurts that Rizu really doesn't know how to swim.
Uruka gives Yuiga a gift in appreciation for his help in her studies and seeing Uruka blushing is very cute, but Uruka mistakenly gives Yuiga her swimsuit and we see her in her room extremely embarrassed from her mistake.

I must say that I was surprised that they changed the order of the events in comparison to the manga, they put many moments with Uruka so that her introduction were more charming, in Wataten the same thing happened. But after seeing the preview of the next episode may not be so wrong and maybe in future episodes we can see the events that were missing.
Apr 13, 2019 10:40 PM

May 2018
Oh nooo tanned girl. Oh no swimming club girl. Oh no she is so sexy and cheerful. Nope nope nope, don't sunk my Ogata Ship, noooo.

But for real, Uruka lighten up the story this week. The things with University also demanded for good academic grades even she is an talented athlete is true in real life, at least in my country.
Apr 13, 2019 11:28 PM

Jan 2019
So the childhood friend is added to the Harem.
Uruka certainly raised the moods of this episode. Atleast she is aware of her feelings right from start.
But I am still sailing with Fumino ship.
Apr 13, 2019 11:43 PM

Jan 2011
I actually like the match of Uruka and Yuiga, particularly since she has wanted to confess to him since junior high. Usually I'm not too much on the overactive and hyper genki girl, but in this case I'll go with the childhood friend.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 14, 2019 12:03 AM

Feb 2015
Uruka is the energetic childhood friend who will loose spectacularly. Shame as she's by far the best girl but tropes dictate she can't win. I'm finding the MC super bland and I can already see where this show is heading which is absolutely knowhere.

So far it's a copy and paste harem ive seen so many times. Why can't we have something different for a change.
Apr 14, 2019 2:09 AM

May 2018
It was nice episode. I'm glad Yuiga helped Takemoto learn english with her "natural element", in the water. Pretty clever.
Apr 14, 2019 2:19 AM
Oct 2017
uruka should have put his jersey in a different color bag than the one with the gift in any case she has a beautiful leg
Apr 14, 2019 2:25 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
That scene after the ending, hahaha, loved that one. Poor Uruka.
Uruka is definitely best girl, so cute and clumsy when the MC is around. Her crush on him is too adorable.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Apr 14, 2019 2:43 AM

Nov 2015
What did I learn from this ep? Uruka = Best Girl!
Apr 14, 2019 2:57 AM

Oct 2011
Uruka is really cute, as for now I like her the most.
But the anime itself is a little boring for me, I hope it will pick up the pace
Apr 14, 2019 3:14 AM
Aug 2012
MC is bland
Uruka best girl

Man anime-only viewers sure know how to make a joke...............honestly.

Notice her feature first people..................Jealousy, Cowardice, Drama Queen. All are quite negative traits for a supposed best girl.

This episode had good pacing but unfortunately they were mostly about the most annoying girl out of the group. Atleast Yuiga got some of his edge back that were toned down in the first episode. That mental "I absolutely refuse" was quite fun.

Waiting patiently for Fumino chapters to be animated.

Apr 14, 2019 3:35 AM

Dec 2014
well new girl introduced...hmmm well this is getting interesting
Apr 14, 2019 5:17 AM

Feb 2015
ibraheem234 said:

Is this your first harem show? Just asking as it's pretty much the same as every other harem rom com. Even after 2 episodes I can pretty much tell how it's going to end.
Apr 14, 2019 5:58 AM

Nov 2007
Crashmatt said:
ibraheem234 said:

Is this your first harem show? Just asking as it's pretty much the same as every other harem rom com. Even after 2 episodes I can pretty much tell how it's going to end.

You are giving a lot of credit by saying "every other" meaning 1 out of 2. For me, it's probably 9 out of 10. Could be more actually.

But wait, you meant all of the other ones? Now that would be a stretch. 2 seasons wasn't enough to predict how TWGOK would end let alone 2 episodes. I guess it is also the reason why it is considered the greatest harem romcom of its generation.
shanimebibApr 14, 2019 6:11 AM
Coronavirus.
Apr 14, 2019 6:29 AM

Jun 2014
The character designs are so good. Especially the way the eyes are done, I am really digging it.

Well isn't that shocking.

Apr 14, 2019 6:40 AM
Aug 2012
TheRay28 said:
The character designs are so good. Especially the way the eyes are done, I am really digging it.

Well isn't that shocking.

You misunderstood me. Yuiga is quite fum and interesting MC for me in manga.

People declaring that the MC is bland after 2 episodes needs to get a reality check.

Apr 14, 2019 6:52 AM

Jun 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
You misunderstood me. Yuiga is quite fum and interesting MC for me in manga.

People declaring that the MC is bland after 2 episodes needs to get a reality check.

Ah right. He isn't really oozing any personality yet that we haven't already seen in shows like these though, lol. Not in the anime at least. So it's understandable why people would say that.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

111 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2019

80 by MrDomovoi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:12 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

72 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:41 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2019

92 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

73 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.