Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 13, 2019 8:05 AM

Apr 2014
Rumors on twitter is spreading that Kyoani might not be doing a sequel to maid dragon due to their recent omission of Tohru on their newest key visual. This speculation seems valid because these types of visuals are indicative of current projects they are either working on or are selling merch for.

Guess we are on the jc staff train

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1117060483742404608
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1117066819150536704
Apr 13, 2019 8:34 AM

Nov 2016
Don't worry. They didn't include it because it would clash with the other works' generic KyoAni Style. Maybe they are gonna release a Key visual thats only Kobayashi.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2019 8:43 AM

Apr 2014
Afloo said:
Don't worry. They didn't include it because it would clash with the other works' generic KyoAni Style. Maybe they are gonna release a Key visual thats only Kobayashi.

thats false considering years ago they did have Tohru

Apr 13, 2019 8:48 AM

Feb 2019
aren't Kyoani working on violet evergarden movie? so its possible Kyoani might end up handing over kobayashi maid dragon to a different studio

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Apr 13, 2019 9:13 PM

Dec 2017
rumors are rumors, especially the twitter ones that like to make fuss out of thin air
even if it wont be KyoAni, i'll be happy with Doga Kobo
Apr 14, 2019 6:57 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I swear to god if J.C Staff also get this i'm fucking done
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 18, 2019 9:36 PM
Oct 2018
Dont you think that its probably because season 2 might not be coming for a while. For all we know the could be planning on making it but just not currently
Apr 19, 2019 6:14 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I really hope these rumours are false.
Pretty valid reason with the key visual, but I haven’t given up all hopes just yet. If (God forbid), the Studio does in fact change, I’d want it to be Doga Koba and Doga Koba only. NOT J.C. Staff, please.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 19, 2019 6:46 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
The last thing we need is another Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan.
Jun 15, 2019 9:03 PM
Feb 2016
uninstallthegame said:
rumors are rumors, especially the twitter ones that like to make fuss out of thin air
even if it wont be KyoAni, i'll be happy with Doga Kobo

Yeah i'll happy if Daga Kobo handle this
Jun 19, 2019 8:05 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
KyoAni's having a stage event in November, and there's a character designer from Season 1 doing signings there. I don't know much about the marketing aspect of anime, but maybe this is a sign they're keeping Maid Dragon in house.

Either way, hopefully we get an announcement soon. The uncertainty is killing me.

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Jun 22, 2019 10:27 AM

Apr 2014
dierubikdie said:
KyoAni's having a stage event in November, and there's a character designer from Season 1 doing signings there. I don't know much about the marketing aspect of anime, but maybe this is a sign they're keeping Maid Dragon in house.

Either way, hopefully we get an announcement soon. The uncertainty is killing me.
Great news. Hope you are right!
Jul 17, 2019 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
Bad news about KyoAni. I hope the injured all recover, and the fire damage to KyoAni's HQ looks extensive. https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20190718_25/
Jul 18, 2019 8:09 AM
May 2017
Well... Now is probably 100% safe to said it, and the animation director isnt found yet. So bad new...
Jul 19, 2019 3:13 AM

Jan 2017
First of Rest in peace All those People Who sadly died in that terrible incident and As for Kobayashi İf It was going to be KyoAni I think İt will be safe to assume you won t get it for a while
Jul 23, 2019 3:41 PM
Feb 2017
The sad thing is J.C staff can make good shows they just take on more work than they are capable of doing a good job on so the majority is rushed out. Honestly, though I would not hold out hope for any KyoAni releases for a long time and I expect Violet Evergarden to get pushed back. so prepare your skeleton memes of waiting for KyoAni to come back because this loss was huge and they are not focused on production, rightfully so IMO.
I would recommend you go back and watch something else they produced in the past and remember the good rather than expecting them to just instantly recover. and if they lose some shows then I'm sure that when they do return they will have new stories to fall in love with.
Jul 23, 2019 3:52 PM
Jan 2018
their recent mom isekai show looks like shit so i don't have high hopes
Jul 23, 2019 10:27 PM

Oct 2014
DatRandomDude said:
I swear to god if J.C Staff also get this i'm fucking done

what do you mean? they make good shows and if you are salty about their one punch man adaptation, blame Madhouse because

Jul 26, 2019 8:31 AM

Oct 2010
So S2 is obviously going to be post-poned due to the arson, but Takemoto Yasuhiro has been confirmed dead today. He was listed as "missing" for a few days after the fire so I expected as much but it's been confirmed just today. Awful news I can't imagine anyone replacing him. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it all together.
Aug 1, 2019 11:15 PM
Jan 2018
Kougeru said:
So S2 is obviously going to be post-poned due to the arson, but Takemoto Yasuhiro has been confirmed dead today. He was listed as "missing" for a few days after the fire so I expected as much but it's been confirmed just today. Awful news I can't imagine anyone replacing him. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it all together.

To be honest, I'd rather them do that then make it now. It honestly won't be the same show, feeling or even the same characters with him gone and not handling the S2.

And I say that with so much pain and hesitation because I was really looking forward to Dragon Maid S2, but I'd rather there not be one if it's going to be tainted or even ruined by a new director who doesn't know what they are doing or try and change the direction of the show.
Aug 2, 2019 12:17 AM

Oct 2010
I would not mind a cancellation but if they get someone that could respect the view that Takemonoto was going for, and did the show to in a way that honors him, I would love it
Aug 2, 2019 7:05 AM

Aug 2018
it'd be disappointing but i think the best move for kyoani rn is to just not work on this

Aug 2, 2019 7:17 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The Art Director of season 1 is also confirmed dead today :/ RIP
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 4, 2019 6:18 PM
Jun 2017
Kougeru said:
I would not mind a cancellation but if they get someone that could respect the view that Takemonoto was going for, and did the show to in a way that honors him, I would love it

I don't think that a season 2 would be the best idea. I would still watch it, but the best move is just to leave be.
Aug 4, 2019 6:33 PM

Oct 2010
The thing about Kyoto Animation is that they had an in-house training program, unique to them. They would teach their "style" and things that made up their identity to new employees. No one can replace those that are lost. All I'm saying is that those that remain at Kyoto Animation, and those that join and are trained properly, very likely could do an amazing job. I will always have faith in Kyoto Animation. No matter if they cancel or not, I'll trust their judgment.
Aug 10, 2019 7:32 AM

Aug 2013
I'm pretty sure they'll release the season 2. It's not unusual for a anime studio to change their art direction. They could also hand it over to another studio. The mangaka has a contract which mus be fulfilled.
Aug 10, 2019 11:08 AM

Apr 2017
ZeroNation said:
I'm pretty sure they'll release the season 2. It's not unusual for a anime studio to change their art direction. They could also hand it over to another studio. The mangaka has a contract which mus be fulfilled.

I, uh, wouldn't put money on that.
Awoo :3
Aug 11, 2019 3:17 AM

Aug 2013
ArcFloof said:

Don't worry. I'd just steal it from you then.
Aug 31, 2019 4:47 AM

Apr 2008
ArcFloof said:
ZeroNation said:

It is JC Staff who will made the 2nd season. We already know that since the 2nd season was announced.
KiraYoshikageAug 31, 2019 4:53 AM
Aug 31, 2019 10:31 AM

Sep 2013
KiraYoshikage said:
ArcFloof said:

It is JC Staff who will made the 2nd season. We already know that since the 2nd season was announced.
Do you have the source on that?
Aug 31, 2019 11:00 AM

Apr 2008
I can't find it anymore, but it is was rumor about it like the first post. It is not the first time it happeninge For exemple, The last anime of Full Metal Panic was not done by Kyo anime.

Kyo anime never claim make a 2nd season.
KiraYoshikageAug 31, 2019 11:15 AM
Sep 5, 2019 4:52 PM
May 2013
KiraYoshikage said:

Kyo anime never claim make a 2nd season.

that's not true, kyoani has done tons of sequels. k-on!, haruhi, free!, hibike euphonium and chuunibyou all received 2nd seasons.

don't believe any rumors until it is confirmed by a production committee.
Oct 25, 2019 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
JC Staff hahahahahahah
Jan 4, 2020 9:08 PM

Nov 2018
IMO, they should postpone the production until Kyoani is back up and running again

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jan 20, 2020 2:48 PM
Jan 2018
_cjessop19_ said:
IMO, they should postpone the production until Kyoani is back up and running again

At this point I am not holding my breath sadly. I think DM Season 2 is not going to happen. It just won't be the same as the first season and I am pretty sure the IP holder(s) knows that. I mean look what happened when One Punch Man changed their studio of choice to a different one. The fandom was split to badly and it's because of that choice that Season 2 is considered by many to just not exist.

While it might happen, the chances are slim to none. There is so much soul and love put into the first season that it will no doubt be absent from a second season because nearly the entire team is gone.

I keep holding on to hope, but I also have to be realistic with myself. We aren't getting a Season 2, and the incredibly slim chance we do it won't be the same....anything really.
Feb 9, 2020 12:39 PM

Oct 2016
If J.C. Staff makes the second season that it won't be as good. I hope they don't make it.
Feb 24, 2020 8:37 PM

Dec 2015
Yuki_Nonaka said:
If J.C. Staff makes the second season that it won't be as good. I hope they don't make it.

Question is, would you prefer:
A) JC Staff make season 2, it's not as good as season 1.
B) No-one makes season 2.
Feb 26, 2020 4:04 AM
Jul 2016
Yuki_Nonaka said:

then Marvy Jack will make it more good than even Kyoani themselves lol
Feb 26, 2020 5:11 AM
Nov 2019
I can't see Kyoani doing DM2 with the workload they have on and due to everything else that's gone on this year.

So long as its not Studio Deen doing it as they've butchered the shows they've done this season....

I've been impressed with Passione, Shaft, Satelight, Lerche, Brain's Base & Science Saru's animation quality this season - not sure they would be up to doing justice to DM Se. 2.

But hopefully Shaft, Doga Kobo or JC staff wouldn't ruin DM2 if they picked it up.

Please no Funimation censorship or dialogue changes this time....

Mar 6, 2020 3:29 AM
May 2019
Funny how the OP made a passing mention of JC Staff and now everyone's like "yeah, JC Staff is doing it".

Calm down guys, as we don't know if KyoAni will do DM S2, we likewise have NO INDICATION that JC Staff or ANY other studio is going to do it.

For now we have nothing to speculate on until something is announced.
Apr 6, 2020 2:11 PM

Sep 2018
dororororororo said:
Funny how the OP made a passing mention of JC Staff and now everyone's like "yeah, JC Staff is doing it".

Calm down guys, as we don't know if KyoAni will do DM S2, we likewise have NO INDICATION that JC Staff or ANY other studio is going to do it.

For now we have nothing to speculate on until something is announced.

This entire thread past when the fire happened is stupid anyhow, the company is still recovering from last years fire and they all want to whine because their beloved studio might not make the second season that they never said they were going to make in the first place.
Apr 20, 2020 5:37 PM

Nov 2018
While a S2 would be lovely, it could either be very different than what was visioned. But we know for certain if a S2 really happens, it could be really bad, mediocre, good, or really good (and faithful). As for KyoAni it's still upsetting to hear about last year's tragedy and I hope everyone who had to live through it is doing better. I can't imagine how awful it must've been.
"This is the same type of Stand as Star Platinum."
- Kujo Jotaro
May 1, 2020 12:26 PM

Mar 2012
Considering it has already been over a year with no additional news, it is very likely kyonani is still the same studio that is producing it, if it was a different studio we probably would of gotten some more info by now.

If it is kyonani dont expect it to come out anytime soon, it will probably be a few years away, not just cause of the fire but also of the current covid 19 strain that is stressing the whole industry as a whole. either way you got to be patient their is no way to go around it.
Aug 10, 2020 8:43 AM

Oct 2010
Kougeru said:
The thing about Kyoto Animation is that they had an in-house training program, unique to them. They would teach their "style" and things that made up their identity to new employees. No one can replace those that are lost. All I'm saying is that those that remain at Kyoto Animation, and those that join and are trained properly, very likely could do an amazing job. I will always have faith in Kyoto Animation. No matter if they cancel or not, I'll trust their judgment.

Yatta!!!

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1858042

I knew they'd try it! I have faith in them

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

176 by SiMura8723 »»
Mar 29, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

223 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

147 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2021

151 by MachoGuacho2765 »»
Mar 21, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

161 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 17, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.