Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2019 12:59 AM

Jul 2017
Nezuko is my spirit animal.

Also a very nice surprise to see FictionJunction on the ED. I guess Kalafina was sacrificed for the revival of FJ, not that i'm complaining.

Also some nice CGI as always with ufotable. Not as polished as FSN HF movies but that's to be expected. also to the dude above is F/Z really their best success hell nah FSN HF is wayyyyy better

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Apr 14, 2019 1:06 AM

Jan 2015
BetoSCR said:
nanashi796 said:
we know it but he doesn't know so when he gets hit by rocks he says "a rock?" thats realistic,it doesn't matter if we've seen it,i really don't know why you guys don't like character thoughts,this series is full of character thoughts in fights,making strategies ecc.

I get your point, I might have put it the wrong way, blaming the protagonist, I meant that the anime doesn't need to express his thoughts all the time, it would work out better and more dynamically if they skipped these parts since we know what Tanjiro is thinking or surprised about.

I only complain because this episode did this a lot of times. To me, unnecessary.

Get used to it, Kimetsu no Yaiba has A LOT of inner thoughts each chapter
Apr 14, 2019 1:10 AM

Aug 2014
Mariothedog said:
Get in the basket, Nezuko!

I see what you did there lol
Apr 14, 2019 1:25 AM

Jan 2019
disappointing really
the main character had got to be a wimp of course

at least ufotable makes great animation
Apr 14, 2019 1:35 AM
Apr 2019
poemofdevil said:
I'm already bailing. That was a chore to get through. I was tempted to give up half way through the episode. This week the protagonist was reluctant to kill a blood thirsty demon that had attacked hm, but had no problem launching an ax at the head of another human being a week ago? Wtf? The comedy here is all way off the mark too, like not funny at all. And, the horror wasn't hot either. There's blood and dead bodies, but the goofy design of the demon ruins the atmosphere. So far this show is all style no substance.... Anyway, not like I'm gonna stick around to see if it gets better.

The difference here is that Giyu was threatening to kill his sister and he was still recovering from seeing his other family killed. Not only that, Tanjiro threw the ace because he expected Giyuu to behead him during his attack (in the Manga translation anyway), so it was a kamikaze attack.

Also, the comedic scenes were perfectly fine. If you didn't find them funny then it just wasn't your type of comedy, as comedy is subjective after all.

Lastly, this is a shonen manga, and horror isn't even one of the genres Kimetsu no Yaiba belongs in. As a manga reader I can tell you there isn't really much in terms of horror elements even by the latest chapters, so I'm not sure why you got into this anime expecting it to be a horror.

It's a shame you're unable to enjoy this series, but that's fine. No series can please everyone. I hope you find something else more attuned to your tastes.
Apr 14, 2019 1:37 AM
Apr 2019
Daphi said:
disappointing really

There's a difference between being a wimp and not wanting to kill something by making it suffer. Tanjiro wasn't opposed to killing the demon, he just couldn't figure out a way to kill it as swiftly as possible.

As someone who's read the Manga, I can assure you this scene will be the last time Tanjiro hesitates even a little to kill a demon.
Apr 14, 2019 1:39 AM
Nov 2018
27CansOfTuna said:

Would have preferred if the training to be a demon slayer took place at a school/academy instead of just at some random geezers house in the mountains.

Stfu weeb if it took place in a school than im dropping this show, wtf would it take place im academy is a historic, realistic portrayal (without demons) of japan
Apr 14, 2019 1:46 AM
Nov 2018
Britasha said:
Why did he rush!? seriously there was no reason to rush. Also if it's hard to breathe slow down and get lower where there is more oxygen, not only that if he was lower he'd be able to see the traps and wouldn't fall for them. But for some reason he decided to fall into every single one as if it was the only way.

This was a terrible episode, Also I dislike the fact that he couldn't kill a Demon that has probably killed f*ck tons of people including children.

Do u have a shit attention span, its almost liked u got bored of reading subtitles. Firstly mc wasnt opposed to killing the demon, he just wanted to do it one blow, not repeatingly bashing his head with a rock. He didn't even get hit by all the traps, only a few were hes wasnt strong enough to dodge
Apr 14, 2019 2:10 AM

Jan 2019
Adam_hu17 said:
Daphi said:
disappointing really

There's a difference between being a wimp and not wanting to kill something by making it suffer. Tanjiro wasn't opposed to killing the demon, he just couldn't figure out a way to kill it as swiftly as possible.

As someone who's read the Manga, I can assure you this scene will be the last time Tanjiro hesitates even a little to kill a demon.

when i said wimp i really meant hesitant tbh my bad on phrasing it incorrectly
it just annoyed me he knew what he had to do, had the rock in his hand and still lacked the resolve to crush the demons head after his whole family was massacred by a demon
looking forward to see the story and character develop tho
the way its paced i hope its gonna be 20+ eps
seems like a story that takes a while to get going so yeah
Apr 14, 2019 2:28 AM
Jan 2017
Nezuko so cute 😍😍
Apr 14, 2019 2:33 AM

Aug 2013
So Nezuko is kawaii girl. Basket is MVP. This show has random ass comedy moments to subvert the darkness...and yeah. Seems like this will be interesting still. Again...I just pray this doesn't go to shit like Seraph of the End.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 14, 2019 3:12 AM

May 2018
Nezuko is so cute while in basket. This anime is great. Music, art, story.. Everything. I really enjoy watching this.
Apr 14, 2019 3:28 AM

Apr 2017
I like watching horror and blood & gore stuff, but the hands coming out from that demon's head is just too much lol.

Nevertheless, it's really good and I can't wait for another episode. Ufotable is doing a great job with art and animations.
Apr 14, 2019 3:50 AM
Jan 2018
Daphi said:
Adam_hu17 said:

it just annoyed me he knew what he had to do, had the rock in his hand and still lacked the resolve to crush the demons head after his whole family was massacred by a demon
It is confirmed that it will have 26 episodes, probably split cour tho
FilipDespaApr 14, 2019 8:33 AM
Apr 14, 2019 3:51 AM
Jan 2018
_Goldee_ said:
I like watching horror and blood & gore stuff, but the hands coming out from that demon's head is just too much lol.

Nevertheless, it's really good and I can't wait for another episode. Ufotable is doing a great job with art and animations.

This isn't a horror anime, so don't expect much
Apr 14, 2019 4:39 AM
Apr 2019
FilipDespa said:
Daphi said:

It is confirmed that it will have 26 episodes, probably split core tho

I'm not too familiar with anime terminology. What does split core season mean if you don't mind explaining to me?
Apr 14, 2019 5:12 AM

Apr 2015
This is damn good, as expected from Ufotable, the fight scenes are great. But Tanjiro running through that forest, that whole sequence was amazing!

Nezuko is god damn cute, even for a demon!
Apr 14, 2019 5:53 AM

Sep 2017
Adam_hu17 said:
FilipDespa said:
It is confirmed that it will have 26 episodes, probably split core tho

I'm not too familiar with anime terminology. What does split core season mean if you don't mind explaining to me?
this anime gets 2 cours or 26 episode (1 cour=12/13 episodes) and he means this anime will be split cour or have 2 parts after episode 13 they will take a break about 1or2 season to continue with the rest, just like attack on titan season 3
Apr 14, 2019 5:59 AM
Sep 2017
Nezuko is too Adorable right
Apr 14, 2019 6:02 AM
Dec 2018
atrocious cgi at some points. the protaganist is also ugly as hell i cant stand him with those earings. and hes also fat.

i dont know this anime kinda ripping off everything from other animes. its very un-original.
Apr 14, 2019 6:03 AM

Nov 2010
Question for people more familiar with the material:
In episode 1 we see Nezuko with a small child on her back, but we never got clarification who the parents are (and because the character designs are incredible nondescript of age) it makes me wonder if it is her child or another sibling.
Both cases would be possible, because the only other thing i knew from watching is that the father is dead not who the father is.
Going by the age of the young child we could at least deduct how long the father must have been dead, but it would make more of a difference knowing that if it is the youngest sibling because it gives a window of how long the main character is the bread winner for his family for.
Apr 14, 2019 6:06 AM

Mar 2016
This episode was a lot more comedic than the previous one. It felt like a completely different story. I think Jump should be listed as an anime genre so that people know what they will be watching.

I feel like Hanae Natsuki really exaggerated the comedic parts, and took the humour away as a result. He did that in Tokyo Ghoul too. He is an amazing actor, but it sounds like he just gives up trying in some scenes. I wonder if he has depression.

I hope the test has some sort of significance later when they are fighting the vampires, or else it is just stupid.
Apr 14, 2019 6:08 AM
Sep 2016
I understand it's a battle shounen and basically targeted towards kids but I swear...sigh...I'm remembering why I don't like shounen jump stories anymore.. it's annoying how freaking EVERYTHING has to get explained.. because the viewer is such an idiot and doesn't have eyes or something?
...lol at least the writer could have made more sense of him just trusting the guy instead of wasting time with the "oh I TANGLED MY HAIR AROUND HI..." Shut up
...and the attempts at comedy....lemme not start lol

Anyways, despite the writing, ufo makes the show nice to look at at least so aye....sigh
JudoJDApr 14, 2019 6:13 AM
1.1.Six
Apr 14, 2019 6:08 AM
Mar 2014
This episode was ok. I wish you didn’t see the sister past episode 1.
Apr 14, 2019 6:15 AM
Sep 2016
dasprn said:
Ufotable never ceases to amuse. I'm thrilled they went with the vibe of their best success (Fate/Zero) and made the soundtracks appealing like it. Even the ED seems pretty much influenced by it.
This really is the best animation of the season. And damn now we have a new loli to protecc!! Nezuko is so damn adorable. That one kick, off the head came outta nowhere. And also that demon was played by none other than Midorikawa Hikaru, so cool voice for a villain.

Fate/stay night heaven's feel is their best success actually. iirc even Kara no kyoukai flexed zero but screw the details
1.1.Six
Apr 14, 2019 6:17 AM

Jul 2017
That was some nice animation. This show is proving to be a great adaptation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2019 6:25 AM

Jun 2013
the OP and ED are good
Apr 14, 2019 6:27 AM
Dec 2018
JudoJD said:
I understand it's a battle shounen and basically targeted towards kids but I swear...sigh...I'm remembering why I don't like shounen jump stories anymore.. it's annoying how freaking EVERYTHING has to get explained.. because the viewer is such an idiot and doesn't have eyes or something?
...lol at least the writer could have made more sense of him just trusting the guy instead of wasting time with the "oh I TANGLED MY HAIR AROUND HI..." Shut up

Anyways, despite the writing, ufo makes the show nice to look at at least so aye....sigh

you said it. its aimed at kids.
Apr 14, 2019 6:28 AM
Dec 2018
AngelofDust23 said:
That was some nice animation. This show is proving to be a great adaptation.

the animation is good but the cgi like those traps were are absolutly atrocious
Apr 14, 2019 6:29 AM

Dec 2016
IRON_FIST1984 said:
atrocious cgi at some points. the protaganist is also ugly as hell i cant stand him with those earings. and hes also fat.

i dont know this anime kinda ripping off everything from other animes. its very un-original.

Everything is a rip off from from something, nothing is original. Story telling evolve overtime by borrowing elements of older works and expanding those elements. The most important thing when judge a story is it execution of the plot, it characters, not how many original ideas it have. A show can be the most original show ever, but if it can't tell a coherent story it's a bad show.
Apr 14, 2019 7:05 AM

Jan 2016
Nezuko is so cute I love her already :D
This episode didn't really felt that interesting. It feels fast paced and they are missing a couple of important things to make us more interested into the character. That challenge seemed too easy as well, could have been alot harder.
Apr 14, 2019 7:43 AM
Sep 2016
IRON_FIST1984 said:
JudoJD said:

IRON_FIST1984 said:
JudoJD said:

Did I stutter?
1.1.Six
Apr 14, 2019 7:56 AM

Aug 2018
ExaltedChampion said:
That demon head turn into Geodude

lol

also; BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Apr 14, 2019 8:03 AM

Apr 2017
FilipDespa said:

This isn't a horror anime, so don't expect much

Yeah, it I realize that. But that scene was so gross, that's why I said it's worse than any horror.
Apr 14, 2019 8:21 AM

Mar 2016
Shit for kids.
Seems PG13.
Apr 14, 2019 8:28 AM
Apr 2016
Esquirtit said:
Looks and sounds amazing plus I ttink the CGI is well done. Characters and story are unimpressive so far, like why tf doesn't the whole population know about demons if people seem to die daily from them. MC fails to stand out from other battle shounen protagonists, don't even know what to say about Nezuku pretty much turned into a plot device in episode 1 by the looks of it lol

Altough this first test was quite lame I look forward our MC's training to become a Demon Slayer and Nezuku kicking ass. The setting really needs to be fleshed out a bit more for sure

It’s back in old times. People do know about the demons. However, there’s no internet, no news papers, etc.
The only way you could possibly know about demons is if you saw one first hand. And if you do see one first hand you probably won’t live to tell the tale. And if you do live, most people won’t believe you and think you’ve gone crazy.
Apr 14, 2019 8:34 AM

Dec 2016
Ok, I'm dropping this, this turned really into just a cheap, ridiculous gorefest where everything is so in-your-face for shock value and I'm not here for that. Don't really care how good the production values are.
Apr 14, 2019 8:44 AM
Jan 2018
Arkab said:
Ok, I'm dropping this, this turned really into just a cheap, ridiculous gorefest where everything is so in-your-face for shock value and I'm not here for that. Don't really care how good the production values are.

But Pokemon is 10/10. Nice.
Apr 14, 2019 8:46 AM

Mar 2018
ashtherobot said:
Esquirtit said:
Looks and sounds amazing plus I ttink the CGI is well done. Characters and story are unimpressive so far, like why tf doesn't the whole population know about demons if people seem to die daily from them. MC fails to stand out from other battle shounen protagonists, don't even know what to say about Nezuku pretty much turned into a plot device in episode 1 by the looks of it lol

Altough this first test was quite lame I look forward our MC's training to become a Demon Slayer and Nezuku kicking ass. The setting really needs to be fleshed out a bit more for sure

It’s back in old times. People do know about the demons. However, there’s no internet, no news papers, etc.
The only way you could possibly know about demons is if you saw one first hand. And if you do see one first hand you probably won’t live to tell the tale. And if you do live, most people won’t believe you and think you’ve gone crazy.
I mean if they have always existed and actively attack humans you would think everyone should be informed from a young age. There's also the Demon Slayer crew do they just work alone and not give basic knowledge to everyone in town? Well whatever, they probably only attack people living in remote areas so it's somewhat believable
poop
Apr 14, 2019 8:47 AM

Dec 2016
FilipDespa said:
Arkab said:

But Pokemon is 10/10. Nice.

People have difference taste so i can't judge them. I don't really mind the gore since i know they tone down that stuff in the future.
Apr 14, 2019 8:49 AM
Feb 2015
zwolf12 said:
Question for people more familiar with the material:
In episode 1 we see Nezuko with a small child on her back, but we never got clarification who the parents are (and because the character designs are incredible nondescript of age) it makes me wonder if it is her child or another sibling.
Both cases would be possible, because the only other thing i knew from watching is that the father is dead not who the father is.
Going by the age of the young child we could at least deduct how long the father must have been dead, but it would make more of a difference knowing that if it is the youngest sibling because it gives a window of how long the main character is the bread winner for his family for.

Nezuko is 12 years old, so no, that's not her child. It's the youngest Kamado sibling (Nezuko mentioned his name, Rokuta, which hints that he's the 6th child in the family of 6 children).

As for how long the father had been dead, it's hinted in episode one and it'll be explained in the manga much later, but basically
Apr 14, 2019 9:20 AM
Dec 2015
Hime03 said:
Britasha said:
Why did he rush!? seriously there was no reason to rush. Also if it's hard to breathe slow down and get lower where there is more oxygen, not only that if he was lower he'd be able to see the traps and wouldn't fall for them. But for some reason he decided to fall into every single one as if it was the only way.

This was a terrible episode, Also I dislike the fact that he couldn't kill a Demon that has probably killed f*ck tons of people including children.

Do u have a shit attention span, its almost liked u got bored of reading subtitles. Firstly mc wasnt opposed to killing the demon, he just wanted to do it one blow, not repeatingly bashing his head with a rock. He didn't even get hit by all the traps, only a few were hes wasnt strong enough to dodge

I may of exaggerated a little originally.
What's wrong with letting a monster suffer? let the monster suffer it deserves it.

I won't go off in a full conversation with someone who thinks Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä is a masterpiece. Maybe me saying the episode was terrible was a bit of a overstatement sure, but this episode was so cliche it's like the writer gave up especially on trying to make the escape of the forest interesting, he clearly didn't bother.

From what I've gathered so far the MC is annoyingly cliche I'd personally rather the sister be the main character. I hope the rest of the show isn't him being an idiot charging to his death and I hope they expand on strategy.
Apr 14, 2019 9:29 AM
Apr 2016
Esquirtit said:
ashtherobot said:

I mean if they have always existed and actively attack humans you would think everyone should be informed from a young age. There's also the Demon Slayer crew do they just work alone and not give basic knowledge to everyone in town? Well whatever, they probably only attack people living in remote areas so it's somewhat believable

The demons only come out at night. Usually at night people over in the homes.
So the demons likely eat humans when they’re sleeping or traveling at night.
Which means 9/10 you’re probably going to die if you see one. So there’s no one to spread information on demons.

If you survive, sure you’ll tell people. But people will either believe you or not believe you. Last episode shows that there are clearly people who believe. However it’s more so treated like an urban legend since there’s no possible way to present proof.
Apr 14, 2019 9:41 AM
Nov 2018
Britasha said:
Hime03 said:

What's wrong with letting a monster suffer? let the monster suffer it deserves it.

I won't go off in a full conversation with someone who thinks Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä is a masterpiece. Maybe me saying the episode was terrible was a bit of a overstatement sure, but this episode was so cliche it's like the writer gave up especially on trying to make the escape of the forest interesting, he clearly didn't bother.

From what I've gathered so far the MC is annoyingly cliche I'd personally rather the sister be the main character. I hope the rest of the show isn't him being an idiot charging to his death and I hope they expand on strategy.

Dude all i said was that ur main problems were explained hence i said shit attention span.
Plus kaze no tani no nausicaa is objectively a masterpiece and is my favourite movie of all time
Apr 14, 2019 9:50 AM
Dec 2018
ExaltedChampion said:
IRON_FIST1984 said:

Everything is a rip off from from something, nothing is original. Story telling evolve overtime by borrowing elements of older works and expanding those elements. The most important thing when judge a story is it execution of the plot, it characters, not how many original ideas it have. A show can be the most original show ever, but if it can't tell a coherent story it's a bad show.

within the anime market its the rip off of all rip offs. litterly called demon slayer. want an exemple of a good demon slaying anime from this season? watch dororo. way better then this garbage. how many demon slaying animes there is? and it dosent really bring something new to the table and it isnt even well executed.
Apr 14, 2019 9:59 AM

Dec 2016
IRON_FIST1984 said:
ExaltedChampion said:

within the anime market its the rip off of all rip offs. litterly called demon slayer. want an exemple of a good demon slaying anime from this season? watch dororo. way better then this garbage. how many demon slaying animes there is? and it dosent really bring something new to the table and it isnt even well executed.

You do know that the name Demon Slayer is the localization name right? Plus manga and anime take a long time to make so calling it a rip off to Dororo just because it showing in the same season is kinda nonsense.
Apr 14, 2019 10:00 AM

Mar 2018
ashtherobot said:
Esquirtit said:

The demons only come out at night. Usually at night people over in the homes.
So the demons likely eat humans when they’re sleeping or traveling at night.
Which means 9/10 you’re probably going to die if you see one. So there’s no one to spread information on demons.

If you survive, sure you’ll tell people. But people will either believe you or not believe you. Last episode shows that there are clearly people who believe. However it’s more so treated like an urban legend since there’s no possible way to present proof.
There's an organization specialized in slaying demons or did I miss something? I can already think of multiple ways of how they could spread their knowledge but I barely know anything about them so I won't jump to conclusions too fast. "Last episode shows that there are clearly people who believe" but that's exactly the funny part, he knew about Tanjiro and his home so why only tell him about demons that night? Did he sense them? Why would Tanjiro's family even consider living high up in the mountains knowing there are demons who could slaughter them. Grandma and that random guy got them killed bruh
poop
Apr 14, 2019 10:05 AM

May 2015
Nezuko is so cute. :DDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 14, 2019 10:09 AM
Apr 2016
Wasn’t trying to spoil anything. But the Demon Slayers Corps is relatively unknown to the general public. They’re just as much an urban legend as the demons themselves.
It’s no different then say series like Men in Black, or the SCP, who handle supernatural events in secret.

Tanjirou’s grandmother believed, but he just took it as a crazy story.
If someone just told you “hey there are demons that come out to eat you at night”, would you believe them with no photos or evidence? It’s extremely hard to prove and spread info on a such a thing in a time with no photographs, no televisions, no news papers, no fast methods of travel, etc.
Apr 14, 2019 10:10 AM
Dec 2015
Hime03 said:
Britasha said:

Dude all i said was that ur main problems were explained hence i said shit attention span.
Plus kaze no tani no nausicaa is objectively a masterpiece and is my favourite movie of all time

I still don't get why he rushed just seemed unnecessary. You say I have sh*t attention but I don't think I missed anything honestly, Maybe you have some just to feeling that way because I didn't put all the detail in the original post

I didn't think people would care much about my comment anyway, This episode certainly doesn't make up for the whole show and it is about training so I forgive it a little, but I personally believe in a real scenario like that you'd most likely think more logically in that situation.

I guess unless he was panicked? But I didn't really get that feeling from him.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
9 hours ago

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

17 by ApolloD »»
Yesterday, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1094 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

41 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.