Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kenja no Mago Episode 1 Discussion

Jun 22, 7:58 PM

Interesting concept but 10 minutes of talking heads and characters going "EHHHHHH?!" at information Merlin just forgot to mention because reasons lost me. Info like this can be revealed naturally when it's needed and we could have gotten past the setup.

Also, characters pointing out how cliche a situation is doesn't change that it's cliche. If anything knowing the writers knew better and went for it anyway makes it worse.

ChallengesBlog ♥ Icon/Sig by Baskervillain

Jun 29, 9:01 PM

I rarely watch isekai or tensei, but somehow this one pique my interest especially after catching glimpse of main ship/couple, and i don't really matter with that isekai/tensei troupe that has been occured these days ( since i rarely watch that kinda of things :D) and i just found this enjoyable.

The OP is kinda good, i liked the light comedy and some lively moments in this

That inner "kawaii" scream tho haha.
That mansion quite familiar, konosuba XD ??, well can't wait to see next episode

Jul 1, 12:47 PM

he can freaking blow up the kingtom, can't tell wtch is more op him or overlord ainz

how can u be this cute πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Jul 1, 12:50 PM

Haptism93 said:
Saikyokami said:

He's not really an idiot. He just lacks common knowledge of the world he's in right now. He doesn't know what a magic academy or a demon hunter is, he doesn't know what things cost here, etc.. Because he was raised in a forest.

Well, with "idiot", I wasn't referring to his lack of common sense. It was about his reaction after seeing Cicily's boobs, that face was just too much.

normal for teens, at least in animes, i find it entertaining and amusing

Ehurvaks said:
Haptism93 said:

Well, with "idiot", I wasn't referring to his lack of common sense. It was about his reaction after seeing Cicily's boobs, that face was just too much.

His reaction was after seeing her pretty face, not her boobs. The close-up on her boobs before her face was the anime director choosing to build up suspense before showing her face.

this

+1

Jul 1, 1:20 PM
Yare Yare Dawa

Sugram22 said:
Haptism93 said:

Ehurvaks said:

His reaction was after seeing her pretty face, not her boobs. The close-up on her boobs before her face was the anime director choosing to build up suspense before showing her face.

this

+1

"Normal for teens" I don't think so. It's just an exaggerated expression to make fun of the MC. I personally don't like it like that, there are several other ways to show someone being "aroused" without making a character look like an idiot. One can choose to portray a MC like that, but don't expect everyone to like that.
Glad you find it amusing, though. I'd personally prefer it differently, but luckily situations like that don't ruin a whole show. It just ruins some moments for me, but that's also just about preference.

I'm here as long as my wings can fly.

Jul 1, 1:53 PM

Haptism93 said:
Sugram22 said:

this

+1

"Normal for teens" I don't think so. It's just an exaggerated expression to make fun of the MC. I personally don't like it like that, there are several other ways to show someone being "aroused" without making a character look like an idiot. One can choose to portray a MC like that, but don't expect everyone to like that.
Glad you find it amusing, though. I'd personally prefer it differently, but luckily situations like that don't ruin a whole show. It just ruins some moments for me, but that's also just about preference.

i don't think he was aroused, it was reaction like when mc sees girl he likes with cute outfit, they tried to show love at first sight nothing sexual like with issei in dxd

Jul 8, 7:15 PM
Nobody:
Anime Producers: Hey Dawg, I heard you couldn't get enough Isekai.

Jul 8, 10:37 PM
BiggKab said:
Nobody:
Anime Producers: Hey Dawg, I heard you couldn't get enough Isekai.

Personally I can't, it's my favorite genre. I don't even think they have scratched this surface of what they can do with such a great plot device.

Jul 13, 9:08 PM
There's always potential, the chance to do better but they choose cookie cutter because it's easy/quicker.

Jul 19, 10:15 AM

The premise feels a bit generic but the execution of the story looks pretty good
Merlin for best grandpa

"How utterly cliché" Oh the irony
Konichiwa fellow weebs
Noot Noot, mah brothas
Hee zeg makker

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]