Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 9, 2019 9:15 PM

Mar 2018
Choke_Me_Zaddy said:
Allot of people tend to focus on the animation, without realizing that the animation compared to the writing is small potatoes.

Those people giving it a low score are animation snobs and nothing more.

definitely amigo, everyone knows an action show is all about the writing and not the animation
Apr 9, 2019 9:16 PM

Mar 2018
keragamming said:
StufedAnmalQueen said:
It's a 7.95. According to MAL, a 7 still means good.

For mal, a 7 is mediocre and anything less than 7 is complete trash. This is base off the ratings, did you know that majority of users here give anime they think were just "ok" a 7/10?

you learn a new thing everyday
Apr 9, 2019 9:47 PM

Jul 2017
Amazinc said:
people really be spamming 1s just because of the animation? Wow

I support policies where some users have more rating weight than others, and this is the reason why.
あなたは誰?
Apr 9, 2019 9:52 PM

Mar 2018
sunnykappa said:
Amazinc said:
people really be spamming 1s just because of the animation? Wow

WelL this is MAL afterall
A site filled with degenerate American weeb

Nice way to put it sunnykappa-san.
Apr 9, 2019 11:05 PM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
Choke_Me_Zaddy said:
Allot of people tend to focus on the animation, without realizing that the animation compared to the writing is small potatoes.

Not sure if trolling or just sub slug intelligence.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 9, 2019 11:12 PM

Jul 2016
it still pisses me off that literal pussies get overly upset because the animation isn't as crisp as the first season, then make the season look bad by spamming 1's. It's retarded
Apr 9, 2019 11:28 PM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
Anime_Biscuit said:
it still pisses me off that literal pussies get overly upset because the animation isn't as crisp as the first season, then make the season look bad by spamming 1's. It's retarded

It's almost as if Art and Animation are a huge deal breaking/making factor in an action anime that literally wouldn't be a fraction as popular in the mainstream without the first season's 10/10 animation quality and fight choreography or something...

Apr 9, 2019 11:32 PM

Dec 2016
"OPM Season 2 starts below an 8.00 wow that is pretty bad"

because mal rating dictates everything about how good a show is
(and 7.95 is practically 8 anyway)
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Apr 9, 2019 11:42 PM

Oct 2013
photophobic said:
"OPM Season 2 starts below an 8.00 wow that is pretty bad"

because mal rating dictates everything about how good a show is
(and 7.95 is practically 8 anyway)

That is true, but it does give you a overall impression on what general viewers think of the series, just like the votes for each episode discussion and base on those its a mix reaction.
Apr 9, 2019 11:48 PM

Feb 2018
And it's only gonna get worse from here on out.....
Apr 9, 2019 11:55 PM

Jan 2018
bad animation, that's basically all it needs to be bad.
Apr 10, 2019 12:11 AM

Jul 2016
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Anime_Biscuit said:

It's almost as if Art and Animation are a huge deal breaking/making factor in an action anime that literally wouldn't be a fraction as popular in the mainstream without the first season's 10/10 animation quality and fight choreography or something...

keep thinking that. I actually enjoy things
Apr 10, 2019 12:14 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
Anime_Biscuit said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

keep thinking that. I actually enjoy things

I actually enjoy GOOD things. I couldn't imagine just turning my brain off and just enjoying any old trash regardless of it's merits. That's literally muting yourself to the brilliance of higher quality media and just reducing everything to a bland sameness that would not even improve poor quality media but ruin higher quality media entirely.
Sasori_NagashiApr 10, 2019 12:18 AM

Apr 10, 2019 12:31 AM

Jul 2016
Sasori_Nagashi said:

I actually enjoy GOOD things. I couldn't imagine just turning my brain off and just enjoying any old trash regardless of it's merits. That's literally muting yourself to the brilliance of higher quality media and just reducing everything to a bland sameness that would not even improve poor quality media but ruin higher quality media entirely.

You realize that the one punch man story is still good right. To turn off any attention to the show and its merits because it doesnt have incredible animation is silly
Apr 10, 2019 12:31 AM

Jun 2017
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Choke_Me_Zaddy said:

Not sure if trolling or just sub slug intelligence.

Ok sweetheart, you can believe whatever u want to believe.
Apr 10, 2019 12:41 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
Anime_Biscuit said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

You realize that the one punch man story is still good right. To turn off any attention to the show and its merits because it doesnt have incredible animation is silly

I read the webcomic. I know it has a great story, fantastic dialog, loveable characters ETC. However you can't just ignore bad elements in favour of good elements. The animation in season one was truly breathtaking and season two's animation is not only poorer in comparison, but poorer than the industry standard for action anime.

The idea you should accept inferior quality and still rate it high is like saying you should thank a chef who serves you dollar-store frozen mince meat when you ordered fillet mignon.

Apr 10, 2019 12:47 AM

Oct 2013
Thememetrap said:
Considering this first episodes are what J.C staff has done ahead of time im really scared of what episode 4 or 5 is gonna be like

I guess we have to wait and see before saying which episodes are gonna be low quality ones.

By the way, I think that slightly after I started watching OPM Season 2, the score was a little bit above 8.00/10.00 (if I remember correctly of course), so heh, at least for a short period of time it started with 8.00. :P It will be cool if later, after releasement of next episodes, the score goes higher rather than lower compared to the current state.
Apr 10, 2019 12:53 AM

Jul 2016
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Anime_Biscuit said:

I read the webcomic. I know it has a great story, fantastic dialog, loveable characters ETC. However you can't just ignore bad elements in favour of good elements. The animation in season one was truly breathtaking and season two's animation is not only poorer in comparison, but poorer than the industry standard for action anime.

The idea you should accept inferior quality and still rate it high is like saying you should thank a chef who serves you dollar-store frozen mince meat when you ordered fillet mignon.

Yes but I just dont agree that the animation ofseason 2 so far hasnt even beenthat bad and is quite fine for an action anime. I dont see what has bothered you so much with it. And it's only been one singular episode. So we dont even know the extent of what they are doing
Apr 10, 2019 1:00 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
Anime_Biscuit said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

Yes but I just dont agree that the animation ofseason 2 so far hasnt even beenthat bad and is quite fine for an action anime. I dont see what has bothered you so much with it. And it's only been one singular episode. So we dont even know the extent of what they are doing

With a lot of anime the quality tapers off the longer it runs as they are rushing more and more to hit a deadline with less prep. Also more than anything the trailer is what concerns me. It was far worse than 1st ep and it was showing off some fight scenes that should be a lot higher quality.

Apr 10, 2019 1:03 AM

Jul 2016
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Anime_Biscuit said:

With a lot of anime the quality tapers off the longer it runs as they are rushing more and more to hit a deadline with less prep. Also more than anything the trailer is what concerns me. It was far worse than 1st ep and it was showing off some fight scenes that should be a lot higher quality.

If I remember it correctly the trailer showed off footage only from episode 1. So what you saw in that trailer you saw in ep 1. Which wasnt so bad in the end. It may get better or worse. It's still too early to tell. But at least try to enjoy opm for opm. NNot just as an action anime.
Apr 10, 2019 1:06 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
Anime_Biscuit said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

If I remember it correctly the trailer showed off footage only from episode 1. So what you saw in that trailer you saw in ep 1. Which wasnt so bad in the end. It may get better or worse. It's still too early to tell. But at least try to enjoy opm for opm. NNot just as an action anime.

Perhaps they had time to touch it up quite a bit from the trailer version then, because there was some really jarring things in that trailer lol. Either way it's still quite a bit worse than Season 1 and I just can't stand people making excuses that "animation doesn't matter" as it's the opposite extreme from the 1 raters. I'm thinking a 7 to season one's 9 personally so far.

Apr 10, 2019 1:11 AM

Feb 2010
I think people should just calm down a bit and wait for more,tbh it's not that bad really,
i feel like J.C actually puts some efforts compared to Index 3... sigh people...

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Apr 10, 2019 2:12 AM
Nov 2016
The 1st episode is clearly a downgrade from season 1 but it isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be, this was a 7/10 or 7.5/10 episode for me.

Genos CGI arms didn't bothered me that much, I thought it was going to be way worse, the CGI from the evil robot wasn't that bad either but the fight scenes was kinda bad, let's be honest here, it was pretty bad compared to season 1. The soundtrack during the fight scenes wasn't as good either, I didn't felt the hype in that fight while in season 1 I was hyped with all the fights.

Since this episode had a so-so fight scene and so-so soundtrack then yeah, we should be worried about it, if the quality for the rest of the episodes is like this then this anime would still be passable and even enjoyable but the first episode is not the trash that a lot of people is making it out to be.
Apr 10, 2019 4:15 AM
Jan 2018
People should be more worried about the directing then the Animation
Apr 10, 2019 4:38 AM

Jul 2016
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Anime_Biscuit said:

Perhaps they had time to touch it up quite a bit from the trailer version then, because there was some really jarring things in that trailer lol. Either way it's still quite a bit worse than Season 1 and I just can't stand people making excuses that "animation doesn't matter" as it's the opposite extreme from the 1 raters. I'm thinking a 7 to season one's 9 personally so far.

We will have to see if that score rises as the season goes on. I have faith that it will since one punch man is just so fun. I really liked the first ep tho
Apr 10, 2019 4:52 AM
Sep 2016
I mean to be fair there are better shows than one punch man in general that have scores below 8 and a tonne of anime have better first episodes than this one's and still get low scores. Would have been lower if it was a new anime and not one punch man really.
And God can people learn to think for themselves. I don't know how many times someone said they won't watch something just because "the score is below 8 on MAL".. You guys have brains right. Use them to figure out whether you like something for yourself or not. Who cares whether it has a 10 or a 3 (besides braindead hive mentality weebs?)
JudoJDApr 10, 2019 4:57 AM
1.1.Six
Apr 10, 2019 4:58 AM
Sep 2016
Mattinator95 said:

I know right... Damn the direction was awful. I'm surprised people are OK with it
1.1.Six
Apr 10, 2019 5:19 AM
Jan 2018
JudoJD said:
Mattinator95 said:

I know right... Damn the direction was awful. I'm surprised people are OK with it

JudoJD said:
Mattinator95 said:

Especially the cuts in and out of the battles
Apr 10, 2019 5:37 AM

Nov 2016
Still higher than what I gave S1
Apr 10, 2019 5:53 AM
Jul 2016
I just finished rewatching season 1, and episode 1 of season 2 was kinda dull compared to anything that season 1 offered.
Apr 10, 2019 11:11 AM

May 2015
Arkab said:
Proving once again what are the top priorities of modern anime fans: visual quality and number of pixels in the image.

Yeah, God forbid people care about animation in an ANIME...

Apr 10, 2019 11:45 AM

Feb 2013
Both season's are still crap compared to the manga's art quality. Hopefully S2 at least does Garou some justice with his key moments.
Apr 10, 2019 12:25 PM

Mar 2017
It was to be expected.
Apr 10, 2019 12:57 PM
Aug 2018
From the first episode i can say this series will have 8,35 point.
Apr 10, 2019 1:48 PM

May 2009
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Threads about scores just encourage flame wars between people who like the show and people who dislike it. They don't promote any kind of actual discussion.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.