Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2019 7:32 AM
Oct 2018
So I find these house pretty cute. Would love to build those $5000 house. For me the only downside is tiny bathroom. I like my bathroom to be big.

What do you think? Would you leave your million dollar villas, flats and accommodation for $5000 tiny houses in middle of no where?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 9, 2019 9:44 AM

Jun 2014
Tiny houses seem like a fun idea, but nobody really understands how difficult living in one really is. Unless you're a minimalist with almost no possessions, living in a tiny house isn't really feasible for most people.

Most people who have lived in a tiny house ended up regretting it.

Apr 9, 2019 9:46 AM

Jul 2007
Examples would be good. A tiny house in the UK is a wholly different beast to a tiny house in the USA.
Apr 9, 2019 9:51 AM

Jun 2014
Scud said:
Examples would be good. A tiny house in the UK is a wholly different beast to a tiny house in the USA.

He's likely talking about something like this:

Apr 9, 2019 10:06 AM
Oct 2018
Seiya said:
Scud said:

Yup like those .............................
Apr 9, 2019 10:58 AM

Dec 2016
i'm down with living in the middle of nowhere, but a place like that would be almost claustrophobic.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Apr 9, 2019 11:17 AM

Feb 2011
Seiya said:
Scud said:

I think each of us posting a picture of a favorite one would be coolio in this thread. Especially since it shows the background in which you would like it as well. Sort of a "You a mountain or sea person" type of deal. @Anushura You down?

This thread just motivated me to get myself a patch of land and move an RV on it. Seems like the cheap way to get a vacation house "we" all dream of.

photophobic said:
i'm down with living in the middle of nowhere, but a place like that would be almost claustrophobic.

Deep down, why do you think that is? No place to hide the bodies, or?
Closer.
Apr 9, 2019 11:23 AM
Jul 2018
Actually the first one is not THAT tiny. I lived on 18m2, typical student flat and had room for everything.
It also looks pretty cute with its little garden.
Apr 9, 2019 11:26 AM

Oct 2014
I like watching videos about stuff like that, but I don't really find it practical (for me at least). I require a good internet connection and to be within driving distance of some stuff (grocery store, at least a few restaurants, maybe a movie theater, etc). The small aspect of it wouldn't be a problem, though. I lived in a studio apartment smaller than a lot of those houses.
Apr 9, 2019 11:29 AM

Dec 2016
ZaBici said:
photophobic said:

as much as i enjoy burying bodies in my house, i'm more inclined to say that a tiny house would be claustrophobic because there's nowhere really to move - you're very much forced to stay put. i presume the air feels quite stuffy, consequently, unless you're constantly going in and out of the home.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Apr 9, 2019 11:32 AM
Sep 2008
Anushura said:
So I find these house pretty cute. Would love to build those $5000 house. For me the only downside is tiny bathroom. I like my bathroom to be big.

What do you think? Would you leave your million dollar villas, flats and accommodation for $5000 tiny houses in middle of no where?

I dont have a villa, but a tiny house would be cool. We get kinda rough winter weather here so I would probably freeze to death. I'd try it if it had high speed internet tho since thats the one thing I cant live without.

I'd want a modern one like this:
yumeji_janaiApr 9, 2019 11:36 AM
Apr 9, 2019 11:38 AM

Feb 2011
photophobic said:
ZaBici said:

as much as i enjoy burying bodies in my house, i'm more inclined to say that a tiny house would be claustrophobic because there's nowhere really to move - you're very much forced to stay put. i presume the air feels quite stuffy, consequently, unless you're constantly going in and out of the home.

Why would you... no, man, no. You need the comfort of privacy which usually comes with bigger territory. Burying comes later. Live the moment, live the moment!
Closer.
Apr 9, 2019 11:42 AM

Oct 2013
photophobic said:

as much as i enjoy burying bodies in my house

commenting this, all while having sangwoo in ur set is definitely, a bit worrying. dam son.
Apr 9, 2019 11:42 AM

Feb 2011
Yumejihime said:
Anushura said:

I dont have a villa, but a tiny house would be cool. We get kinda rough winter weather here so I would probably freeze to death. I'd try it if it had high speed internet tho since thats the one thing I cant live without.

That looks like a modern roman house plus the outside is gorgeous. Solid taste. The more I look at it the more I feel like taking over your land.
Closer.
Apr 9, 2019 11:48 AM
Sep 2008
@ZaBici
We could start the official MAL tiny house community!
Apr 9, 2019 12:01 PM

Feb 2011
@Yumejihime
The meetings will be the climax of our passion.
Closer.
Apr 9, 2019 1:24 PM
Aug 2016
I have nothing against small places, but in the middle of nowhere? Hell no. I feel more safe and have more opportunities in the places that are more populated. Yeah, safety is not that ''high'', but at least someone can help you if you're in trouble unlike in places not so populated where no one can help you because no one is there.
Apr 9, 2019 1:58 PM

Mar 2019
why spent 5 thousand on a house when you could potentially live in a cave instead, or make a cheap little dwelling with the materials you have already
Apr 9, 2019 2:34 PM

Feb 2011
Silvr1010 said:
why spent 5 thousand on a house when you could potentially live in a cave instead, or make a cheap little dwelling with the materials you have already

Dude....
Fucking hell.
You're focusing on the monetary problem without even asking whether you want this or not. That's the thread. It's up to you how you get the tiny house.

Just... do you want the tiny house or not?
Closer.
Apr 9, 2019 2:38 PM

Dec 2008
I live in an efficiency condo of about 420 sq. feet and it has enough room for me.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Apr 9, 2019 3:09 PM

Oct 2012
I Googled some $5000 homes and saw houses with probably no insulation, probably no electricity aside from a few solar panels or a generator, definitely no internet... I don't need a ton of space myself, but that's not the point.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Apr 9, 2019 3:22 PM

Mar 2017
I'd be down with it. I wanna live in a car at some point, so a tiny house would actually be bigger than that. If I have room to have a bathroom, shower, a bookshelf, computer, one couch, kitchen, a closet, and a space to park my car, then it's all good.
Apr 9, 2019 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
I appreciate the tiny home movement as a reaction against the barbarity of McMansions. Tiny homes can be a bit of a "playground of the rich" type thing and aren't necessarily practical, but I think the principles (efficiency, sustainability, modesty) are sound and applicable to building in general.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 10, 2019 2:44 AM

Aug 2009
Anushura said:

I think the tiny home movement is ridiculous. What I would like to see is those tiny home shows do follow up episodes showing five years later to see if some of those people are still living in them. Because some of the episodes I seen show people with kids moving into one of those tiny homes, people who were living in a large homes moving into those tiny homes,, people who like to socialize and have guests in their homes moving into those tiny homes, or people with big dogs living in tiny homes. These don't seem like the type of people would be good match for a tiny home. The only people who would be a good match for a tiny home are probably minimalist hermits.

If you like traveling then get a RV travel trailer. Same cost but more bang for your buck,more roomier, more road worthy and can be parked anywhere. Tiny homes don't gain in value and are classified as trailer homes. So you can't just park it in your parents backyard or friend's driveway and mooch off their utilities.

People in other countries live in tiny houses or apartments. They don't do it out of choice.They live in tiny homes because they can't afford anything bigger.
ezikialrageApr 10, 2019 12:51 PM
Apr 10, 2019 2:54 AM

Jul 2015
condo is practically a tiny house
less maintenance good for me.
Apr 10, 2019 5:03 AM

Mar 2008
On one hand I like them but they are just so small which would get to me and it would make me feel I need to go outside a lot. I would live in one if it was cheapest way I could get by on my own. I would more likely enjoy a dome home with multiple domes seporate and connected. Some types are able to withstand fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes and bombings.

Build methods described here
http://www.dirtcheapbuilder.com/Home_Building/Dome_Houses.htm
traedApr 10, 2019 5:10 AM
Apr 10, 2019 12:27 PM
Oct 2018
Yumejihime said:
Anushura said:

Noice. I would love to have one for myself 😍
Apr 10, 2019 12:43 PM

Jan 2019
I don't see the point of a hipster tiny house when you can pick up an old camper from the 1980's for less then $1k and with more room.

I tried downsizing, but I like room for my anime crap and all my other hobbies. I can't imagine the tiny house community being very fun since there is no room for anything of personal interest. Maybe living in a tiny house is their hobby?
Apr 10, 2019 1:04 PM
Sep 2008
@Anushura
I wonder how many years it would take to build one myself, and what my parents would say if I started random construction on their land, LOL

@traed
bombings?
Apr 10, 2019 2:49 PM

May 2013
AnimePixelz said:
I just watched a video earlier today, about a tiny house. Ngl, I would defs wanna live in those, they just look so cozy and comfy and it's cute! but then again, there won't be a lot a space which is annoying... ;/

i saw that earlier this week too! otherwise i wouldnt have known what OP was talking about.
i think a tiny house would be fine if i was living alone, but if i had a roommate/partner/friend or even a pet, it would not be a great experience.
Apr 10, 2019 4:04 PM
Jul 2018
I would love to own one and just travel for awhile, but they're problematic for pet owners. I have 2 cats so the litter smell would likely be constant. Plus that's a pretty small area for 2 cats and 1 to 2 humans to live. However, if I didnt have pets and was single, I'd do it in a heart beat. I'd still love to own something like a really nice RV or something though. Basically as a portable vacation house
Apr 10, 2019 5:08 PM

Mar 2008
Yumejihime said:
@Anushura
I wonder how many years it would take to build one myself, and what my parents would say if I started random construction on their land, LOL

@traed
bombings?

Yes some domes were built to be bunkers during war. It's thick cement so.
Apr 10, 2019 5:24 PM

Sep 2018
nah, staying in 1 place for too long is boring, i wanna crash from hotel to hotel, and put straw hats on kids and then ask them to return it to me when they become successful
Apr 10, 2019 8:25 PM

Feb 2019
katsucats said:
I Googled some $5000 homes and saw houses with probably no insulation, probably no electricity aside from a few solar panels or a generator, definitely no internet... I don't need a ton of space myself, but that's not the point.

This. City regulations usually prevent people from settling tiny houses on properties. So you'll be living in the middle of nowhere, with a massive commute to work if you even still have a job, no internet, insufficient electricity to support a gaming habit, you won't be able to socialize your pets, plumbing will be such a nightmare that you will be hesitant to use your toilet, you'll be far away from basic emergency services, your hippie garden alternative to shopping will be at the mercy of the seasons/pests, and most importantly there will come a time where you will realize it's too quiet and regret entertaining your Henry Thoreau crisis.
Apr 10, 2019 8:44 PM
Oct 2018
Yumejihime said:
@Anushura

@traed
bombings?

At the end of the day you need constant supply of resources. It takes 6 months to put a concrete structure so I guess less than that for tiny house.
Apr 11, 2019 7:31 AM

May 2011
It's not as fun as it would seem. I dealt with it for about a year. Having no place to put anything was a nightmare.
Apr 11, 2019 8:39 AM

Apr 2016
I have an uncle who lives a in a tiny home. Technically it was one of those pre-built sheds that he modified for living. He's lived in it a few years and has no complaints as far as I know. But my uncle was once a brilliant architect so the tweaks he made to it were very nice imo. Like before he became a bum that man used to design circular houses. Houses shaped like a fucking circle! Really cool homes back in the 70s/80s.

Personally I'm not in a point in my life where that would work for me. If I was single with no kids I'd probably go for it. Being married with kids. Absolutely not. Maybe once my kids are grown and gone it could be a revisited idea. I'm ok with small spaces. I hate clutter. I don't actually have a lot of possessions. I have maybe a weeks worth of clothing and that's with wearing the same jeans a couple times. I don't collect anything. For me it could be done. Most of my home is overrun by my kids and my spouse. I could dig a tiny house. My family could not.
Apr 11, 2019 6:24 PM

Sep 2007
If my house was any smaller, I'd be living in my bathroom.

Apr 15, 2021 9:56 PM
Mar 2021
It would be an interesting idea, but I am not thinking that I will be able to do it. Living in a small house can have many advantages, but it also comes with disadvantages as well. You are going to pay less for utilities, but if space is something that you need, a small house will not be able to cover that. If you are really interested in building a house, small or large, I would recommend you to check out senwood.co.uk in order to see their way of building. It's really important to work with a trusty company since you are going to live there for a long period of time
GlockINApr 17, 2021 6:24 AM
Apr 15, 2021 10:01 PM

Sep 2018
My parents got me a massive house to keep that they saved for years to buy. After living in my current big house so long with my family the idea of downsizing sounds awful to me. Also, living in the city would be awful too imo.
Apr 16, 2021 12:08 AM
Apr 2021
What million dollar villa
I’d be happy with a college dorm room
Apr 16, 2021 10:23 AM

Aug 2007
I would not like to live in a typical tiny house we see nowadays. Even if I were to live alone, I would still like to be able to move around. But I wouldn’t like the normal-sized ones either. Perhaps something in between.
もろともに
哀れと思へ
山桜

花より外に
知る人もなし.

On a mountain slope,
Solitary, uncompanioned,
Stands a cherry tree.

Except for you, lonely friend,
To others I am unknown.

Apr 16, 2021 7:22 PM

Mar 2008
rohan121 said:
My parents got me a massive house to keep that they saved for years to buy. After living in my current big house so long with my family the idea of downsizing sounds awful to me. Also, living in the city would be awful too imo.

It's more suited for outdoors people.
Apr 17, 2021 4:28 AM

Jul 2020
I would not mind living in a small house. Seems cozy
Apr 17, 2021 11:54 AM

Dec 2013
tiny and dirty house is a perfect place to have a wild sex

Oct 16, 2021 9:25 AM

Oct 2017
All I want to live in is my bedroom, I'm half kidding. Why have a lounge if you won't use it, and such?
I like studios the most, they're way cheaper than others and I hope that they're quieter.

I actually love that open feel of it, too. It feels spacious even if it has less space overall because you can see each part of the building (and technically make each section of the room as big or small as you want).
BunilleOct 16, 2021 9:29 AM
Oct 16, 2021 9:34 AM

Feb 2018
As long as there is a small town with general stores and supplies, i don't living anywhere as long as i am close to nature

If you are a friend. Visit my profile to recommend me something to watch ( ^▽^)ψ__
Oct 26, 2021 2:41 PM
Aug 2021
The main advantage of choosing a small dwelling is its low cost. For example, constructing a miniature two-story boutiquehomeplans.com house of timber with dimensions of 6*6 meters in the basic configuration will cost about $ 3000. At the same time, delivery of building materials to the nearest suburbs is often free of charge. Costs for heating and electricity miniature design are minimal, so suburban housing will not become an additional source of serious expenses. The laconic layout of such buildings makes the most efficient use of usable space.
ginawilsonOct 30, 2021 10:26 AM
Jul 1, 2022 11:58 AM
Aug 2021
I would personally enjoy a tiny house over a villa.
Jul 5, 2022 5:59 AM
Sep 2021
I was even thinking of having a medium-size garden behind my house where I could spend my time in peace and silence.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Have you committed animal sacrifices?

vasipi4946 - Dec 14, 2022

26 by vasipi4946 »»
3 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

44 by FanofAction »»
28 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

18 by creepylurker »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 1 hour ago

3 by rohan121 »»
1 hour ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

27 by creepylurker »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.