Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Apr 13, 2019 5:44 AM

Nov 2009
NiBer said:
And? Your point? Perhaps you don't understand what I meant? What exactly is in contradiction here? Please do elaborate.

>demoralization is bad
>KnH demoralizes people
>it can de indicated by the lack of "rebeling" against KnH
>"rebeling" = calling for censorship or banning
>if lack of "rebeling" indicates demoralization and demoralization is bad, than lack of "rebeling" is bad
>if "rebeling" means calls for censorship, than lack of censorship is bad
>if lack of censorship is bad, than censorship is good
Apr 13, 2019 6:02 AM

Oct 2014
Keenesleyar said:
NiBer said:
And? Your point? Perhaps you don't understand what I meant? What exactly is in contradiction here? Please do elaborate.

>demoralization is bad
>KnH demoralizes people
>it can de indicated by the lack of "rebeling" against KnH
>"rebeling" = calling for censorship or banning
>if lack of "rebeling" indicates demoralization and demoralization is bad, than lack of "rebeling" is bad
>if "rebeling" means calls for censorship, than lack of censorship is bad
>if lack of censorship is bad, than censorship is good

If demoralization is successful most people don't rebel because it is normalized, even though it's not acceptable morally. That's my whole point.
Kind of like why people don't bat an eye anymore at gory/violent/sexually deviant films like they would have 30-40-50-60 years ago to and films that and other disgusting films are being produced. Anime is no different, just less extreme in many cases. Demoralization complete.
Apr 13, 2019 6:07 AM

Nov 2009
NiBer said:
If demoralization is successful most people don't rebel because it is normalized, even though it's not acceptable morally. That's my whole point.
Kind of like why people don't bat an eye anymore at gory/violent/sexually deviant films like they would have 30-40-50-60 years ago to and films that and other disgusting films are being produced. Anime is no different, just less extreme in many cases. Demoralization complete.

Lol, you really just love to talk to yourself, don't you?
Apr 13, 2019 6:08 AM

Oct 2013
Demoralize? These are just unintencional comedies lmao
Apr 13, 2019 6:43 AM

Aug 2017
Alright some of these quotes are filling up half the page for the mobile version
Apr 13, 2019 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
Eneko-chan said:
Maneki-Mew said:
Not only young people. Some naive people are naive for their whole life and are impressed by everyone, who is charismatic enough or if they are insecure and persuaded into having sex with them.

I wonder how some of these dramas ended. :D

Very true, again, thanks for adding nuance I forget to my points! And I’m also super curious about the way the dramas went down ^^ Too bad we’ll never know D: Or won’t we?.. ^^

NiBer said:

@Eneko-chan
To finish off the converation, I've quoted most of the discussion I haven't concluded to my satisfaction yet to complete it here.
"if someone used you as a one-night stand to try and cure their loneliness and then dumped you to pine over some unattainable object of affection, you’d probably be lost as to what’s happening and want to know why that person hurt you so badly. In my opinion, it’s comforting to know that people like that do what they do not out of hate or spite, but just because they’re lonely, scared and emotionally immature."

To that, I'd personally say it was a failure of their parents not to teach them to act in such way, glorification of hook up culture also helped them think it's okay to do so because it's so readily available. So, I'd say demoralization worked great in that case. That's why I find Kuzu no Honkai so repulsive. Sure, it's understandable why they act in such a way. It's understandable, to some degree, why we have psychopaths running around. We understand it's most often the cause of severe child abuse and some lack of empathy on the individual thanks to the lack of parents not teaching their kids proper morals. Here's an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME2wmFunCjU
She later grew to be a responsible adult thanks to proper guidance.

"If there was hope for Kurosawa (I didn’t read the manga, so it’s pure conjecture), then why should there be no hope for Hanabi? Why shouldn’t she be allowed to learn from her mistakes and become someone’s loyal wife and a great mother in the future?"

Kurosawa was knowing what he was doing was right and manga didn't pull any punches once he admitted to it, just wanted to throw that in before starting to debate this point. I agree she should be allowed to learn from her mistakes, now to the hypothetical scenarios, I don't think that would work, because there's something deeply wrong with an individual if he/she reaches that point. It's kind of debating whether prostitutes would be good mothers. I don't know, maybe? Then, again she's a prostitute. Her daughter might be more easily manipulated into the same workplace later on. More hypotheticals again, it's somewhat redundant do discuss it any further.
I lost most of the other points I wanted to bring about a day and two ago.

In my opinion, there’s a whole lot of factors that can contribute to such behavior, you have listed 2, and these are major 2, but there’s definitely more of them. Off the top of my head, level of sexual drive, peer pressure concerning sexual matters (for example, “jock culture” in the US where a boy’s social status is positively influenced by sleeping around among other factors <- or it’s at least depicted that way in Western TV dramas), propensity for psychotic\sociopathic behavior which is due to different brain “wiring” etc.
Sure, the media contributes to that by depicting “immoral” behavior, but, as we have covered somewhere before, the media is a business first and foremost, excluding state media, that is, but Kuzu no Honkai and DomeKano are definitely no products of state media. As a business, the media produces content according to the viewers’ demand. Also, as a general rule, the private business media produces content that it expects will be accepted or understood by its target audience, i.e. it won’t produce something that most will find repulsive (certainly, exceptions apply, nowadays explicit content might be produced purely for shock value and hype, but it’s still an exception rather than the rule). This means that it is the public, its taste and its views on morality that shape the content, at least the content that is commercially produced in order to make a profit, and not the other way around. Again, to reiterate, I do not argue that the media doesn’t influence people, it clearly does. But in case of moral questions, what it does is not “sow the seeds of immorality” but rather “accelerates” what is already there <- is what I’d like to argue.

Next, on Kuzu no Honkai, I don’t see the “glorification” of hookup culture there. Some sort of behavior related to hookup culture is arguably depicted there, but I don’t remember that any of the characters say anything along the lines of “this is great, everyone should do that”. Maybe Akane, the music teacher Mugi was in love with, might’ve said something like that, but a) she is clearly the villain of the show, and b) she later changes her opinion after knowing what true love is. Moreover, as we’ve gone over again and again, no character is shown to become happy or fulfilled while adhering to the “hookup” lifestyle. On the contrary, they spiral further and further into depression and alienation. So, hardly a great advertisement for it. If you have arguments to the contrary, feel free to present them.

I agree that it’s very difficult to discuss hypotheticals, so it’s probably best not to, but I have just two points to add:

1) Hanabi is a teen. Teens are wired by nature to engage in high-risk behavior, risky sexual behavior among others. Here is one link I quickly found on the internet, you could Google for more. Some teens do it, some teens don’t, and there are reasons for that too, but the bottom line here is: a lot of teenagers that do “bad” stuff grow out of it once they fully mature. Especially if they had experiences that showed them that doing “bad” stuff brings bad results, which I think applies to Hanabi’s situation.

2) Whether a prostitute would make a bad mother or not, again, depends on a bunch of factors, most of which don’t even have to do much with her job. But I think it’s safe to say that if a prostitute’s daughter regularly sees her mother struggle with some of the negative stuff that can be associated with prostitution, especially unlicensed prostitution, for example, sees her beaten and cheated out of money by her pimp, abused by the clients, having troubles with law, contracting an STD etc., she will most likely say “I don’t want that kind of life for myself”, which is why a lot of people that grow up in poverty are so desperate to learn and advance their careers to move up in the world.
Hehe, it’s okay, bring up the points later if you’ll remember them ^^

Kuzu no Honkai even doesn't have hookup culture involved. It's more like a friends with benefits relationship. I also wouldn't say that Akane found real love. She just found the way how she wants to be loved and that's a big theme: how different people define love and how they imagine relationships.

And most prostitutes don't have another chance to get money. I find it inherently immoral, because of the action of buying people for the sake of sex as a service. Also I only knew dumb machos or very desperated guys, who viewed people as their sex object. There shouldn't be money or benefits involved.
That doesn't mean that prostitutes couldn't be good mothers, "even" if they wanted to be one. The one thing shouldn't be connected to the other.
Apr 13, 2019 7:18 AM
Jul 2018
NiBer said:
So, 3500 anime is neither all existing anime in the database that you're not interested in, neither is it anime you dropped.
Wouldn't it be better to simply have anime on this list that you partly watched but lost interest during watching or discovered early on you don't agree with their premise/what's it about/plot/characters, etc.? Such as, the ones that I managed to spot - Maid-sama, Toradora and so on. Those truly belong on the dropped list. Like, what's the point, for example, of having Teekyuu 9th season on your list as dropped when you know well it's not something of your interest in the slightest? Again, not saying this to somehow judge you, just seeing it as silly, unnecessary. Saw the first season of it, I thought it was great viewing experience when you're on hallucinogens. Just rambling a bit, just my suggestion.
You do you.

Because I saw the "not interested"-possibility on anime planet and I wanted to devide them by this, so they won't be recommended to me from the mal system.
I might look through it a little bit and move some to ptw, but I don't plan to watch everything there either. It just looked interesting.

Why did you look out for Maid-sama? I didn't think that there is something particularly wrong with it. I just found it very boring.
removed-userApr 13, 2019 7:22 AM
Apr 13, 2019 9:27 AM

Oct 2014
Maneki-Mew said:
NiBer said:
So, 3500 anime is neither all existing anime in the database that you're not interested in, neither is it anime you dropped.
Wouldn't it be better to simply have anime on this list that you partly watched but lost interest during watching or discovered early on you don't agree with their premise/what's it about/plot/characters, etc.? Such as, the ones that I managed to spot - Maid-sama, Toradora and so on. Those truly belong on the dropped list. Like, what's the point, for example, of having Teekyuu 9th season on your list as dropped when you know well it's not something of your interest in the slightest? Again, not saying this to somehow judge you, just seeing it as silly, unnecessary. Saw the first season of it, I thought it was great viewing experience when you're on hallucinogens. Just rambling a bit, just my suggestion.
You do you.

Because I saw the "not interested"-possibility on anime planet and I wanted to devide them by this, so they won't be recommended to me from the mal system.
I might look through it a little bit and move some to ptw, but I don't plan to watch everything there either. It just looked interesting.

Why did you look out for Maid-sama? I didn't think that there is something particularly wrong with it. I just found it very boring.

Nah, I just spotted Maid-sama and Toradora firstly, thought nothing more of it.

Maneki-Mew said:

Kuzu no Honkai even doesn't have hookup culture involved. It's more like a friends with benefits relationship. I also wouldn't say that Akane found real love. She just found the way how she wants to be loved and that's a big theme: how different people define love and how they imagine relationships.

And most prostitutes don't have another chance to get money. I find it inherently immoral, because of the action of buying people for the sake of sex as a service. Also I only knew dumb machos or very desperated guys, who viewed people as their sex object. There shouldn't be money or benefits involved.
That doesn't mean that prostitutes couldn't be good mothers, "even" if they wanted to be one. The one thing shouldn't be connected to the other.

Choosing to be a prostitute and whether a woman is a good or bad mother depends entirely on her, but I would say there's an increased chance of her not fulfilling her motherly roles properly if she chose such a lifestyle. Let's say theoretically, 50% of women are good at parenting, 50% are not (in reality it's probably much higher percentage of good mothers). I'd assume that more of the women (edit:) who are prostitutes would happen to belong to the 50% that aren't good mothers. Again, this is all just hypothetical arguing so it doesn't serve much purpose.

How much time have you spent adding essentially random anime on your dropped list? :D Must've been tiresome, especially when you had to track which season arrived for which anime, again as an example take Teekyuu - 9th season. Teekyuu is really bothering me for some reason lmao
BebelmanApr 13, 2019 12:58 PM
Apr 13, 2019 9:43 PM

Nov 2014
NiBer said:
The following isn't brought up to counter your claims, but rather to shine on the fact in general.
I'd like to bring up the point that it has an opposite effect whether there's a male or a female changing partners often. There's a reason why guys' high sexual activity with different women is seen in a positive light while girls' high sexual activity with different men isn't. Simply put, it's very easy to find different guys willing to take part in sexual activity with you, hence you can get laid often, while very difficult for guys to engage with different women on a successful level, unless you're insanely good with it, only very few guys are capable of it, I'd say less than 2%, just my estimation. Feel free to interpret that in any way you see fit.
When a medium produces content, it plays a gamble. Whether that's acceptable enough to be shown to the public is a gamble, since if there's too many people who see it in a negative light, it might get banned/shut down from viewing experience altogether. It doesn't always have to be in regards to morality, it can also be highly politically controversial, but alas. Therefore, since not an overwhelming majority has 'rebelled' against KnH I'd personally debate it's been successfully normalized, and in my opinion demoralized as well. Kind of like why no one nowadays cares whether some extremely inappropriate gory or deviant movie is made, it has to be extremely, uh..., extremely extreme for it to be banned. I think 'Serbian movie' isn't even banned, when, someone mentioned, depicts rape of an infant in the movie. I could be wrong, it may be banned, dunno for sure.
We agree to disagree, that KnH glorifies it. While I haven't used glorify per so, it's not exactly what I meant, though not far from it. I used normalize/accept the behavior as commonplace when it shouldn't be accepted altogether. You could argue that it's halfway there, hence potentionally demoralizing some of the people.

Mentioned risk behaviors are a mixed bag, some are agreeably bad, some are silly, adults regularly break it.

Mm, it’s an arguable point. Firstly, your theory only explains why male promiscuity (and I use this term without any moral connotations, purely to designate high sexual activity) is seen in positive light, but doesn’t explain why female promiscuity is viewed as something bad. I understand how managing to accomplished a difficult feat evokes admiration, but doing something that is easy should be viewed as, well, neutral, but not negative.

Secondly, the idea that male promiscuity is positive, while female is negative, is very old. Nowadays, women have more resources (money, education etc.), so they feel confident about refusing unwanted sexual advances, and they have the power of the law on their side in case the potential partner tries to force them, so it has become more difficult to get them to have sex with you.
However, in earlier times, and, arguably, nowadays in less developed societies, women can be coerced into sex by force (whether physical or force of authority, for example) and that would be perceived as completely normal, or the society’s outrage at the act would be pointed at the woman despite her being the victim. So, a man could easily coerce several women into having sex. That is to say, it may now be difficult to get multiple women to sleep with you, but in the days when this stereotype has taken form and flourished, it wasn’t so, which makes your point questionable.

It also doesn’t take into account how access to resources (i.e. money and status) can influence a man’s ability to get laid. If you’re rich and famous, sex will just fall into your lap. Should you still be admired for your ability to get it, despite the odds being overwhelmingly stacked in your favor so it costs you absolutely no effort?

I’d argue it’s not always and not necessarily a gamble. Most media will try to manage risks by carefully choosing a target audience and making content tailored to their needs, wishes and expectations, because if they don’t, they won’t make a profit, it’s that simple. Of course, there’s indie/art-house stuff that has the purpose of making a statement rather than making profit, but KnH is clearly a commercial product.

Now, “normalize” means basically “to make something normal”. So, in your opinion, if I have understood it correctly, the logic goes like this: KnH that contains “normalizing immoral behavior” gets produced -> it successfully “normalizes immoral behavior” in people who have watched it -> they now accept “immoral behavior” as normal, engage in it, and don’t show indignation at such anime. To that, I would argue that

a) As the “immoral behavior” in question is framed in a negative light – i.e. “showing” of the deteriorating effects it has on the characters’ psyche and wellbeing, it will hardly influence anyone to accept it.

b) The purpose of the show is, in any case, not to argue whether certain behavior is acceptable or not, although, again, it does frame “immoral behavior” in negative light. The purpose is, first of all, to stir up some delicious teenage drama to entertain viewers who are entertained by it, and, arguably, offer a reflection on love, loneliness, desire to belong and how it controls people, especially in their teenage years.
Similarly, the purpose of Yosuga no Sora is not to offer moral commentary on incest and rape. It’s a show designed to entertain the viewer with titties and romantic love stories with several girls in a school setting. They’re the same in this regard – their purpose is entertainment. They’re also the same in the regard that morally questionable stuff happens there. If a moron watches both, he’ll think that both sleeping around and raping people\banging your siblings is okay.

c) The effect of such show largely depends on the viewer. If they are against “immoral behavior”, they’ll react to such anime with subconscious indignation, like you have. If they’re okay with it, they won’t. If they are yet undecided, it might arguably influence them one way or the other, but, again, it’s the same for both Yosuga no Sora and Kuzu no Honkai.
If you’re undecided on whether it might be allowed to have sex with your sister, you might think that it is after watching YnS (and you’re a degenerate). If you’re undecided about whether it’s okay to sleep around, I’d argue that after watching Kuzu no Honkai and how much drama and tears happened there, you’ll want to stay clear of that. The only thing that differs in YnS and KnH is that, as you have mentioned before, there is a common understanding that rape and incest are bad, whereas sleeping around is becoming increasingly accepted.
But, I’d argue, this common opinion existing prior to KnH’s emergence will influence an undecided person much more than KnH ever could, and that’s disregarding the fact that KnH’s stance towards sleeping around is generally negative.

Mentioned risk behaviors are just that – risk behaviors. The point is not that adults don’t do it, of course they do. The point is that teens are biologically wired to have a higher chance of engaging in them.

Maneki-Mew said:

Oh, I wasn’t the one who claimed KnH included “hookup culture”, you should refer to @NiBer for that. I just thought it would be easier to get my point across if we used the same terms to discuss things, so I just went with it.

On Akane, it’s a bit difficult to argue because the details of KnH’s plot have grown a bit fuzzy in my memory. If you define “Akane has found true love” as “Akane and Narumi are happily head over heels with each other”, then it is indeed not what has happened there. However, what I have meant by “Akane has found true love” is “Akane has finally experienced and understood what true love is and should feel like”, as in all of her previous relationships, what passed off for love was just lust and attraction to her looks, and maybe the status that appearing with a hot girl by your side brings a man. Narumi, however, while clearly attracted to her physically, also showed interest in who she was, getting to know her, and genuinely took care of her, which is what, to me, “true love” is about.

Prostitution is a complicated topic I’d rather not discuss here, but all in all, I’m in favor of legalized prostitution. It’s not a coincidence that the phrase “oldest profession” commonly refers to it. Sex is a basic human need, which means that demand for it will never run dry. I find that it’s better for women, who you have correctly said, are unable to get money in any other way, when they can earn something and count on legal protection, benefits, regular medical check-ups, supply of necessary materials (like condoms) etc.
Also, you don’t buy “a person” for the sake of sex in case of prostitution, you buy a “service”, in this case, sex. Yes, sex is not a straightforward commodity you can buy and sell without much emotions involved, unlike, say, apples, but arguably, hospitality industry or offering counseling can be as emotionally draining. So, as long as the worker is protected, engages in the profession willingly and gets fairly paid for services rendered, I don’t see anything inherently immoral about it. Better prostitution than sex crimes perpetrated because of pent-up sexual frustration.

NiBer said:
Choosing to be a prostitute and whether a woman is a good or bad mother depends entirely on her, but I would say there's an increased chance of her not fulfilling her motherly roles properly if she chose such a lifestyle. Let's say theoretically, 50% of women are good at parenting, 50% are not (in reality it's probably much higher percentage of good mothers). I'd assume that more of the women (edit:) who are prostitutes would happen to belong to the 50% that aren't good mothers. Again, this is all just hypothetical arguing so it doesn't serve much purpose.

Well, firstly, as @Maneki-Mew has mentioned, a lot of women don’t “choose” the lifestyle. They get coerced into it, sometimes kidnapped and forced, and for some, it’s the only way to feed their kids. Secondly, I’d appreciate it if you added some evidence to back up such claims. I don’t see why a prostitute, just by virtue of her occupation alone, would be a bad mother.
Apr 13, 2019 11:18 PM

Nov 2013
If anime has taught me anything, it's that the only way to get the ladies is by being dense and sexually repressed. When I see the protagonists of these kinds of series, I wonder "Do you even nose bleed bro?" How will they ever be blessed with Lucky Sukebe moments by being sexually confident enough to make moves on women? Once one has strayed from the path of the Virgin Sage, Truck-kun will never grant them access to the promised land.
Apr 14, 2019 2:03 AM

Oct 2014
Eneko-chan said:

Mm, it’s an arguable point. Firstly, your theory only explains why male promiscuity (and I use this term without any moral connotations, purely to designate high sexual activity) is seen in positive light, but doesn’t explain why female promiscuity is viewed as something bad. I understand how managing to accomplished a difficult feat evokes admiration, but doing something that is easy should be viewed as, well, neutral, but not negative.

Secondly, the idea that male promiscuity is positive, while female is negative, is very old. Nowadays, women have more resources (money, education etc.), so they feel confident about refusing unwanted sexual advances, and they have the power of the law on their side in case the potential partner tries to force them, so it has become more difficult to get them to have sex with you.
However, in earlier times, and, arguably, nowadays in less developed societies, women can be coerced into sex by force (whether physical or force of authority, for example) and that would be perceived as completely normal, or the society’s outrage at the act would be pointed at the woman despite her being the victim. So, a man could easily coerce several women into having sex. That is to say, it may now be difficult to get multiple women to sleep with you, but in the days when this stereotype has taken form and flourished, it wasn’t so, which makes your point questionable.

It also doesn’t take into account how access to resources (i.e. money and status) can influence a man’s ability to get laid. If you’re rich and famous, sex will just fall into your lap. Should you still be admired for your ability to get it, despite the odds being overwhelmingly stacked in your favor so it costs you absolutely no effort?

I’d argue it’s not always and not necessarily a gamble. Most media will try to manage risks by carefully choosing a target audience and making content tailored to their needs, wishes and expectations, because if they don’t, they won’t make a profit, it’s that simple. Of course, there’s indie/art-house stuff that has the purpose of making a statement rather than making profit, but KnH is clearly a commercial product.

Now, “normalize” means basically “to make something normal”. So, in your opinion, if I have understood it correctly, the logic goes like this: KnH that contains “normalizing immoral behavior” gets produced -> it successfully “normalizes immoral behavior” in people who have watched it -> they now accept “immoral behavior” as normal, engage in it, and don’t show indignation at such anime. To that, I would argue that

a) As the “immoral behavior” in question is framed in a negative light – i.e. “showing” of the deteriorating effects it has on the characters’ psyche and wellbeing, it will hardly influence anyone to accept it.

b) The purpose of the show is, in any case, not to argue whether certain behavior is acceptable or not, although, again, it does frame “immoral behavior” in negative light. The purpose is, first of all, to stir up some delicious teenage drama to entertain viewers who are entertained by it, and, arguably, offer a reflection on love, loneliness, desire to belong and how it controls people, especially in their teenage years.
Similarly, the purpose of Yosuga no Sora is not to offer moral commentary on incest and rape. It’s a show designed to entertain the viewer with titties and romantic love stories with several girls in a school setting. They’re the same in this regard – their purpose is entertainment. They’re also the same in the regard that morally questionable stuff happens there. If a moron watches both, he’ll think that both sleeping around and raping people\banging your siblings is okay.

c) The effect of such show largely depends on the viewer. If they are against “immoral behavior”, they’ll react to such anime with subconscious indignation, like you have. If they’re okay with it, they won’t. If they are yet undecided, it might arguably influence them one way or the other, but, again, it’s the same for both Yosuga no Sora and Kuzu no Honkai.
If you’re undecided on whether it might be allowed to have sex with your sister, you might think that it is after watching YnS (and you’re a degenerate). If you’re undecided about whether it’s okay to sleep around, I’d argue that after watching Kuzu no Honkai and how much drama and tears happened there, you’ll want to stay clear of that. The only thing that differs in YnS and KnH is that, as you have mentioned before, there is a common understanding that rape and incest are bad, whereas sleeping around is becoming increasingly accepted.
But, I’d argue, this common opinion existing prior to KnH’s emergence will influence an undecided person much more than KnH ever could, and that’s disregarding the fact that KnH’s stance towards sleeping around is generally negative.

Mentioned risk behaviors are just that – risk behaviors. The point is not that adults don’t do it, of course they do. The point is that teens are biologically wired to have a higher chance of engaging in them.

Well, firstly, as @Maneki-Mew has mentioned, a lot of women don’t “choose” the lifestyle. They get coerced into it, sometimes kidnapped and forced, and for some, it’s the only way to feed their kids. Secondly, I’d appreciate it if you added some evidence to back up such claims. I don’t see why a prostitute, just by virtue of her occupation alone, would be a bad mother.

Guys' biological function is to impregnate as many women as possible, hence the guys who are sexually successful with lots of women are deemed more worthy, DNA-wise. Girls who are sexually active with lots of guys are seen, at the very least, unwise. That's why this whole hook-up culture is kind of retarded, and is ruining society. It's getting harder to form families nowadays than before, because people are generally more likely to live promiscuous lives than start families, have kids and move the DNA ladder along.

Just because something is old doesn't mean it's changed to untrue now. Women who have more resources (money, education) are deemed to be more miserable, especially since they try to find partners who are of equal of higher status. The more powerful the woman, the less desirable men there are, that she can find. When women were introduced in the workplace during the last century, it also meant that it now split the paychecks in half and doubled the workforce, hence, parents working twice the amount instead of traditionally just the one, with half the paycheck. It also meant for less ability to properly raise your kids, since both parents spend more of their time at work. You can argue that women were more limited prior to such a change, and some women were taken advantage of that, definitely, however, in today's society the benefits coming from having a relatively unlimited choice of a way of life, only limited by a woman's abilities also has its costs. It also means that you compete with other men in the workforce, another topic that's left for discussion, but I'm going off topic.

You use coerce and force almost interchangeably, I'd say those are very distinct terms. I'd say a guy hitting on a woman will always have some level of persuasion coming from him, as it's easier to score sex that way, since it's his desire to have sex in the first place. Women are aware of such a fact, I seriously doubt there's any woman who's completely oblivious as to why has is a guy trying to 'pick them up', obviously because he finds them physically attractive and wishes to engage in sexual activity. Showing confidence, knowledge, looks, intelligence, power, etc. is a also level of persuasion. Some women will tolerate and allow some level of persuasion it if they find the male partner very desirable, hence usually only few guys succeed on it regularly.
Another thing is force, which doesn't go into equation here at all, and it's a completely separate topic.

If you have money and power as a male, sex still won't fall into your lap, a fairly straightforward example is Elliot Rodger, who was a rich kid but couldn't get laid, because of his lack of confidence and ability, hence he decided to go on a rampage. I didn't brought him up to argue psychopaths, I brought him up as an example that money doesn't automatically mean guaranteed sex. It only means guaranteed sex with gold diggers or prostitutes. Anyone can have sex with prostitutes.

No, it's more like this. Demoralization > shows like KnH get produced. People have already been subjected towards accepting the culture of sexual deviance, hence the show couldn't have been produced otherwise. Such a show wouldn't have not been under the radar 40 years ago. It just shows how much the media has pushes acceptance towards all these debatably questionable topics, such as violence and gore in films, and highly sexual topics, etc. Medium of such caliber were uncommon before because the society at large rejected them, that has obviously changed since the 70s onwards. Think about it, look how many anime nowadays regularly have women's tits just flapping on the screen constantly, and people are completely nonreactive and numb to it, and perfectly acceptable towards it. No one rebels against it and no one cares. People don't see it as at least in some hand wrong? Of course they do, it's just normalized so no one gives too much of a damn about it.

If women get coerced into working in sex industry, instead of working at mcdonald's, sorry, but it's still their choice, not force. If you want to debate that she has a kid to take care of, that again is completely unrelated topic. It just means for another means why split paychecks are playing a negative role in this situation. Where is the father in this situation? If the father has ran away from fatherly duties, it doesn't justify choosing such a profession. Other means of getting help exist, there are plenty of organizations today that exist for it.
As to why prostitutes are more likely to be bad mothers is self explanatory. Firstly, the very fact she works in such an industry, is questionable to say the least. The issue obviously goes down to making money, right, so hence, her inability to find other paying jobs of equal height, or finding jobs with lower pay is painting a picture on its own. Why does she need that amount of money. If she simply wishes to acquire a large amount of money, then the issue at hand is her lack of moral guidance by the lack of parenting, it clearly plays a role here. Since we're debating whether a prostitute would be a good mother, it means she doesn't have offspring yet, I don't see a good reason for choosing such an immoral lifestyle, not that it would justify it, once she would have descendants of her own.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 3 hours ago

20 by cyandaqil »»
2 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 3 hours ago

21 by BilboBaggins365 »»
7 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

175 by NightVampire »»
11 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

82 by BilboBaggins365 »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

14 by Tirinchas »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.