Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2019 5:20 AM

Mar 2019
Which manga do you consider to have the best anime adaptation?

For me personally, it is undoubtedly Made in Abyss.
Apr 8, 2019 6:11 AM

Feb 2013
To me, the best kind of anime adaptation is one that genuinely improves on its source material, not just follows it to a letter. Something like Dragon Maid where the anime improves on the source material across the board.

That said, it's probably a tossup between 3-gatsu no Lion and Gintama for me. Both are made by staff that really and truly understand the shows they are working on. In the case of 3-gatsu no Lion, it's by way of things like how they use typical Shaft visuals to show the way characters feel and to add impact to scenes. In the case of Gintama, it's that they very clearly understand the most important cornerstone of the series; the humor. So all of the anime original jokes and segments feel like perfect fits.
Apr 8, 2019 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
From the series I liked the anime as much if not more:

The High Score Girl anime despite the poor CGI visuals is actually a very good adaptation, enriching the video game source material.

Azumanga Daioh humor works a lot better in the anime too.

Alien 9 despite not adapting the last volume, features an extra scene where the girls going on school vacation. The manga author really liked the adaptation.

Some may crap on Elfen Lied, but considering the source material, the anime is of very good quality. Such editing and bgm is not even reserved for more high budget series.

Ping Pong anime does the manga justice and no other than M. Yuusa could pull it off. I think he did an even better job than the Tekkon Kinkreet producers.

Bartender anime transfers the atmosphere of the manga perfectly, though lasting only 11 episodes

Koi Kaze has also very good quality, despite the difficulty of adapting the art and story of the manga.

Mushishi anime and manga are both excellent

While Evangelion manga has some differences, I prefer it to the anime. Actually manga precedes the anime in publication date.

Dragon Half anime is as funny as the manga, though incomplete
Apr 8, 2019 11:41 AM

Sep 2015
Obviously Jojo..
Apr 8, 2019 3:34 PM

Mar 2017
Usagi Drop for sure.

One Piece just cuz I love the voice-acting. Pacing is worse though.

The Wolf Brigade. The anime adapted I think one volume into a two hour movie. Pretty rad one too.
Apr 8, 2019 3:37 PM

May 2014
Mob Psycho 100. It follows the source material whilst adding amazing animation.
Apr 9, 2019 1:25 AM

May 2016
i would have to say hunter x hunter, ping pong, and yu yu hakusho

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Apr 9, 2019 3:36 AM

Mar 2019
I'd say the Domestic Girlfriend adaptation was decent. Sure, it skipped over some of the plot points of the manga but all animes do that to a certain extent. Thought the animation, pacing, and content was great.

My anime review website: https://www.takanodan.net
Apr 9, 2019 8:19 AM

Aug 2015
Horimi-- oh wait, I guess that still wasn't adapted properly :/.

Well, Highschool of the Dead was adapted pretty well.
Apr 9, 2019 8:30 AM

Jan 2019
3Gatsu No Lion, shaft didnt missing the detail. and its good. Mob Psycho 100, also ofcourse JoJo.
Apr 9, 2019 5:49 PM

Aug 2018
Death Note
Mushishi
Monster
Basilisk
Apr 11, 2019 4:17 AM

Nov 2010
Chihayafuru.

It's nice to have sound, and they did a good job with the animation/visuals.
Twitch: Pokey26
Apr 13, 2019 3:56 AM

Mar 2017
Assassination Classroom for me, since hardly any anime finished adapting a manga until it is finally over. Yes, there are a couple of important character development moments got omitted due to time constraints, but i'd say it does it's job pretty well.

And K-ON! as well, since it improves upon what it's have, as what the previous person said. I love how KyoAni weaves some content into the series and it comes along naturally as if it was adapted.
It's time to play the Game folks!
Apr 13, 2019 7:27 AM

Jun 2014
dipperdolphin said:
I'd say the Domestic Girlfriend adaptation was decent. Sure, it skipped over some of the plot points of the manga but all animes do that to a certain extent. Thought the animation, pacing, and content was great.

I strongly disagree with you. It was a bad adaptation and it just felt boring, whilst the manga didn't. It had exactly the opposite pacing from the manga.
Though I have to say the first episode was good and the character designs for the main girls were done well... I actually had some hope.
Apr 13, 2019 8:01 AM

Mar 2019
TheRay28 said:
dipperdolphin said:

I strongly disagree with you. It was a bad adaptation and it just felt boring, whilst the manga didn't. It had exactly the opposite pacing from the manga.
Though I have to say the first episode was good and the character designs for the main girls were done well... I actually had some hope.
Yea retrospectively agree with you. Read the manga more now. I wouldn't call it bad but not the best adaptation.

Apr 13, 2019 10:26 AM

Dec 2017
Gintama. Everything about gintama anime is amazing. It took the manga to next level.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 13, 2019 10:28 AM

Dec 2017
dipperdolphin said:

Most of the people will disagree with you. It skipped a lot of chapters.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 13, 2019 10:29 AM

Mar 2019
thevagus said:
dipperdolphin said:

Most of the people will disagree with you. It skipped a lot of chapters.
Yes, I know that now after reading the manga. My mistake :D

Apr 13, 2019 5:15 PM

Oct 2015
definitely hunter x hunter. it's almost exact as the manga, so it's an amazing medium.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Apr 22, 2019 3:01 PM

Jul 2010
With best anime I would say Attack on Titan and One Punch Man

Made in Abyss
Smile to the world and the world smiles back
Apr 24, 2019 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
Record of Lodoss War, the OVA.
Apr 29, 2019 11:19 AM

Aug 2018
For me it's "Koe No Katachi" (The Shape of Voice). The manga itself was such a masterpiece, and the anime? Huh, it made the perfect ending. The manga started the beautiful story and the anime adaptation ended it. Clearly satisfactory!! A 10/10 from me!
May 1, 2019 6:53 PM
Apr 2019
Attack on Titan. Although I do have to say in season 3 part 1 they made it out of chronological order. And changed some scenes that were actually BETTER in the manga. Like the Levi and Reeves talk. And they cut out creepy Armin, I think. But you know, 15 year old boy action-tards don't want dialogue.
DuckUsernamesMay 1, 2019 7:00 PM
May 1, 2019 7:13 PM

Jan 2009
Mob Psycho for sure even though the anime adaptation is not yet finished
May 1, 2019 7:18 PM

Feb 2019
Most manga that are centered around music, like Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, translate best into the anime medium because you can actually hear the music.
Yuru Camp & My hero academia has a pretty great adaptation too.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

More topics from this board

Poll: » Manga or Light Novels: Which do you prefer?

Digibutter64 - Jan 1, 2020

29 by Jutrio »»
5 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1053 by Alexioos95 »»
5 hours ago

» How many chapters do you read a month?

Rissio - Apr 4

22 by Jutrio »»
5 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

35 by Lucifrost »»
8 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

375 by YahwehTzVaoth »»
Yesterday, 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.