Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2019 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Very nice OP song, I dig the style of it.

I thought the episode was fairly interesting. It has a mixture of magic and supernatural content. Production quality is good and I even like the soundtrack.

That Veronica girl is a badass when she came out of nowhere for her attack. Also saw some parts of her past which definitely gave a sense of tragedy. There's a decent amount of action already in this episode so I expect this to be a mix of supernatural/fantasy-action thriller. Really cool episode imo.

Stark700Apr 7, 2019 8:25 AM
Apr 7, 2019 8:45 AM
Aug 2018
Fairy or Persona, that is the question.
Apr 7, 2019 8:46 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This OP is indeed a banger

Apr 7, 2019 9:40 AM

Nov 2016
Uff, best opening of the season right here. At least as of now.
The rest looks good too. Nice production and already some action with an imo pretty cool soundtrack. Nothing too special, but it works. Initially I was kinda wary in regards to the story and I still am. In spite of my worries, I still tend slightly towards optimism due to the positive first impression.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2019 9:45 AM

Dec 2017
so, umm.. JoJo stands but without ass-pulling abilities? i like it
let's see how the story goes, P.A. Works can mess up the originals pretty bad
Apr 7, 2019 9:47 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The story feels pretty poorly plotted out. Exposition lead to a flashback of the two female leads, which immediately leads to the present time of them meeting up and confronting each other, which immediately proceeds to the female lead joining the opposing group. It felt like developments that should've happened episodes later happened in the first episode.

But that OP is really good. And the production values are impressive. And I agree with one of the comments above, it does feel like their summoning Personas XD
Apr 7, 2019 9:52 AM

Jan 2018
Tokoya said:

Loved the opening!

Apr 7, 2019 9:53 AM

Mar 2015
It was surprisingly good, hope it doesn't implode halfway through the season.
Apr 7, 2019 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
Already noticed some of that classic P.A. Works animation in the first episode. Doesn't bode well, but we'll see I guess. Also already rolling my eyes at the "main character wants to save their edgy childhood friend from themself" premise. I guess we'll see how this turns out.
Apr 7, 2019 9:57 AM

Apr 2016
Well, where to even start ...

I love when anime spit all the unimportant informations about the world history we are supposed to care, with millions of names, locations and shit like that. The backstory was also very poorly done, like what ? Am i supposed to care about characters i saw like 2 min ? wtf, next show that has "fairy" in its title and you use the most ugliest CGI possible for them ? The whole fight sequence was also a suffering. The main girl look like a pain in the ass, also her childhood friend is the "i hate everyone" type like give me a break. One second there is a flash back no one care, next there is a fight, and in blink of an eye the main girl is using her pokemon and joining some secret organization.

Like yeah, it all sound and (sometimes) looks good, and production value is high, but the whole thing seems cheap. But hey, the fanatical shippers of female characters with other female characters are surely already deciding this as their AOTY already.

Disappointed.
SwagernatorApr 7, 2019 10:01 AM
Apr 7, 2019 10:03 AM

Oct 2010
it's triggering me that sites like MAL and anidb have it listed as "Fairy Gone" when the "gone" is intentionally left lowercase. They need to respect title stylizations. Even the eyecatch showed "Fairy gone".

(K)NoW_NAME is always fantastic. P.A. Works is basically always awesome for me except for Glasslip. This was a pretty good start. OST is strong.
Apr 7, 2019 10:04 AM

Jul 2017
Swagernator said:
But hey, the fanatical shippers of female characters with other female characters are surely already deciding this as their AOTY already.

Really? That fast? I always knew that the yuri crowd were a bit delusional but that's almost a new record.
Apr 7, 2019 10:07 AM
Sep 2015
Ajin prequel?
Anyway, look like we'll get both FemaleXFemale and MaleXMale couple from this anime
Apr 7, 2019 10:11 AM

Apr 2016
Eyyyyyyyy. OK.

You know what. After Tiger & Bunny surprised me with how enjoyable it was, I'll stick around.
Apr 7, 2019 10:13 AM

Jul 2017
phantomfandom said:
Ajin prequel?
Anyway, look like we'll get both FemaleXFemale and MaleXMale couple from this anime

Genuinely curious as to how you came to this conclusion. Because I saw absolutely nothing hinting at either one.
Apr 7, 2019 10:15 AM

Mar 2018
Kougeru said:
it's triggering me that sites like MAL and anidb have it listed as "Fairy Gone" when the "gone" is intentionally left lowercase. They need to respect title stylizations. Even the eyecatch showed "Fairy gone".

(K)NoW_NAME is always fantastic. P.A. Works is basically always awesome for me except for Glasslip. This was a pretty good start. OST is strong.

Literally this. I cannot agree more regarding the stylization and P.A. Works except of Glasslip thing.

Good to hear (K)NoW_NAME again. When the OST started, it felt that I kind of missed the OST of Grimgar. A good start!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Apr 7, 2019 10:16 AM
Jan 2019
Amzaing Opening song
Apr 7, 2019 10:20 AM

Mar 2016
Well, this was even worse than what I was expecting. There's almost nothing here that makes me want to watch another episode. Terrible. muh fairies

The character art looks really good though.
syncrogazerApr 7, 2019 10:24 AM
Apr 7, 2019 10:26 AM

Oct 2010
So.... Two childhood friends who were separated at a young age when tragedy hit their village only to meet again years later under opposing factions.

Isn't this the exact premise of Sirius.....?
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Apr 7, 2019 10:31 AM
Feb 2019
syncrogazer said:
Well, this was even worse than what I was expecting. There's almost nothing here that makes me want to watch another episode. Terrible. muh fairies

I agree. I despise Mariya greatly, her actions, personality and awful dialogue puts me off. Shame she had to be a main character.

Apr 2016

Exactly, it felt like i'm watching Sirius all over again.

Apr 2018
Fairy Tail:re lol

not sooo bad but a little bit boring
Apr 7, 2019 10:34 AM
Sep 2018
The only thing I liked was the music. The animation was meh, the story wasn't the worst but not even close to the best, and I was bored for the majority of it.
Apr 7, 2019 10:35 AM

Aug 2016
Very disappointing. All the characters are boring and get on my nerves, full of tropes including the "we know each other kind of but let's introduce us to each other so the audience knows who we are", then a fight in the first episode where we couldn't care less about the outcome.

And on top of that, shitty looking CG "fairies" and that whole off-brand persona/digimon feel.

I think this is all I need to see from this show.
Apr 7, 2019 10:37 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
About what i expected really.

A bit on the generic side with the action and the plot, the music will probably have to some carrying cause i enjoyed that aspect a whole lot (considering the group who does the music in this series, it's no surprise for me).

Characters just got introduced so they'll probably get into their antics soon and they must have time to do so since it's 2-cour.
Apr 7, 2019 10:38 AM

Mar 2015
GreenEmu said:
Swagernator said:
But hey, the fanatical shippers of female characters with other female characters are surely already deciding this as their AOTY already.

Really? That fast? I always knew that the yuri crowd were a bit delusional but that's almost a new record.

poor yuri crowd, being bashed by desillusional people, while they don't even know this shows exist.
Apr 7, 2019 10:38 AM

Feb 2011
This is like a mediocre Youjo Senki x JoJo but with CGI stands
I found nothing that stands out from other anime in this first episode but I will go with the 3 episodes rule for this one.
Apr 7, 2019 10:39 AM

May 2015
Sakubo777 said:
So.... Two childhood friends who were separated at a young age when tragedy hit their village only to meet again years later under opposing factions.

This was exactly what come to my mind watching the anime, but Sirius had a lot more promising first episode . The animation looked good in this too, but the CGI fairy fights were just meh, just like the story so far. I will give it an other chance before dropping it, but I don't have high hopes for the next episode changing my opinion.
IshitatesoApr 7, 2019 10:45 AM
Apr 7, 2019 10:41 AM

Feb 2011
xxGrayxx said:
Tokoya said:

Loved the opening!

has a nano feel to it
Apr 7, 2019 10:42 AM

Aug 2017
Ehhh, I expect more...

This is just Sirius all over again with elements from Persona lmao.

At least Free seems to be far more interesting than the generic girl and her generic friend.
NurguburuApr 9, 2019 12:38 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 7, 2019 10:47 AM

Dec 2014
All I saw when I saw the fairies was PERUUUSONAAA! XD

Anyway, jokes aside, fairly decent start I guess.

Like many people above pointed out, it felt like they skipped around too much from one plot point to another and from one time frame to another so it didn't really feel very compelling.

It however does look nicely made and the battles seem cool, I'm assuming or rather hoping the story and direction gets better since this was just the first episode so I'll stick around for more.
Apr 7, 2019 10:49 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I expected something more thrilling but this is only the first episode of a 2 cour series, so hopefully I'll be more excited about this somewhere down the line

Still, I think the concept of this is pretty awesome, and the characters aren't half bad either. That and the art, animation, music and fight scenes are pretty good too, so if they keep these factors up to par, that's another plus in my books

Hatsuyuki said:
xxGrayxx said:

Loved the opening!

has a nano feel to it
I thought it was Nano as well when I first heard it lol
Apr 7, 2019 10:59 AM

Nov 2016
Sakubo777 said:

Sirius is precisely the reason why many were so worried beforehand xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2019 11:02 AM

May 2010
The heart beating sounds they clearly overuse this episode triggers the fuck outta me.

Apr 7, 2019 11:03 AM

Aug 2012
This kinda reminds of that Bloody Roar game.
Apr 7, 2019 11:04 AM

Dec 2013
Pretty much Sirius 2.0.
Apr 7, 2019 11:04 AM
Aug 2015
Feels a lot like the studio's earlier work, Canaan.
The same tropes, like blonde badass girl who was friends with the soft girl, the chase scene, mafia namedrop...
Also the lazy way of world building by couple of name dropping. Sounds of people and gunfire can be heard, even though the source of the sounds can't be seen.
The faces on the characters looked awkward at places.
The CG is not atrocious, but still the anime looks mediocre. The MC gets the superpower so damn easily.
Apr 7, 2019 11:05 AM
Aug 2014
Decent CGI for the most part, but not for the fairies. Also, the fact that the mc interfered with the chase got a lot of people killed but that didn't seem to matter at all? That's confusing. It was an entertaining episode though, and it looks good.
Apr 7, 2019 11:09 AM
Jul 2009
It was actually pretty decent first episode. MC is a little naive but not enough to get annoying. Besides she's pretty proactive which is always a plus.

I think this is gonna be the main show to follow this season for me
Apr 7, 2019 11:11 AM
Mar 2019
where do you watch it on
Apr 7, 2019 11:12 AM
Nov 2013
Surprisingly bad. I'll still watch another episode to make sure I'm not dropping a good show although I'm very sure that this isn't the case. All that CGI and so-called action. Everything looks good and I like the art style as long as there's no fighting involved. The action itself is always skipped when something is about to happen and we only see the outcome of each strike etc... This isn't the right way to make an action show. I hope next episode proves me wrong or I'm out. And sorry for my small rant.
Apr 7, 2019 11:17 AM

Oct 2013
Good first episode, I see lots of potential. Too bad it will take time to get used to those Fairy/Stands though.
Apr 7, 2019 11:17 AM

Aug 2012
A pretty good episode. Good effects in the beginning to show the past. The only graphical problem I saw was a few frames with the auctioneers that were not animated. But seems like a good start.
Apr 7, 2019 11:21 AM

Nov 2011
It's good. Nothing Special right now. But it will keep me entertained for the next few weeks. Sunday seems to be my Anime day.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 7, 2019 11:28 AM
Dec 2018
Xozzen said:
Very disappointing. All the characters are boring and get on my nerves, full of tropes including the "we know each other kind of but let's introduce us to each other so the audience knows who we are", then a fight in the first episode where we couldn't care less about the outcome.

And on top of that, shitty looking CG "fairies" and that whole off-brand persona/digimon feel.

I think this is all I need to see from this show.
what the fuck expect from this show?.. its good tho.. you will regret if you dropped it
Apr 7, 2019 11:31 AM

Nov 2016
My goodness. I really need to know who composed the soundtrack for this. And the opening is a real banger. Rivals Kimetsu no Yaiba's.
Unfortunately the CG looked pretty bad and the characters aren't really interesting so far.
But I'm curious to see what PA. Works has planned out for this series.
Apr 7, 2019 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
Did this not kind of Suck?,

PA works is responsible for one of my all time favorite anime, and I was super stoked watching the trailer for fairy gone. I am most definitely somewhere between being a little and a lot disappointed. The animation of this first episode flip flopped between something kind of modern and 1998 and the sound track didn't match the animation vibes at all. Ah you are feeling a certain way, lets thrash that up. The OP was pretty good, I am talking about the mood setting music, it was just bleh.

The plot points were all thrown in my face in such a short amount of time. HEY ITS A WAR, WARS OVER, HEY WERE KIDS, AH LOOK FARIES, A FIGHT, DAMN ITS MY FRIEND, IM A COP, YOU GOTTA WORK FOR ME hue hue hue hue. Was it this most awful thing I've seen, no. I do regret picking this for my fantasy league though. Who knows , maybe people will become obsessed with it. If the rest of the season is more of this, its gonna be a no from me.
removed-userApr 7, 2019 11:44 AM
Apr 7, 2019 11:44 AM

Sep 2017
Pretty solid. The cg fairy's looked pretty good. It was just a few times when the cg'd the characters that it looked kinda sketchy. Mariya meeting her childhood friend basically right away and them being on different sides is kinda eh. With 24 eps they could have spaced it out a bit, but it's a pretty minor complaint. I like the world and setting so I'm gonna stick around.

One other complaint is that Veronica killed a shit load of guards with her Fairy, yet her childhood friend just kinda ignored all that. Uhh you really wanna just talk to her after seeing all those ppl get murdered?
Apr 7, 2019 11:47 AM
Apr 2018
That mariya girl is annoying af. I had to sit through a total of 20 minutes of annoyance just to see where it leads and as I expected, it is no different from other shounens. If the protagonist is no different from the ones who are always like "don't kill the bad guys let them kill us so they will change into nice guys after watching our cringey drama" then this isn't for me. You can never give me a better "Nice guy" protagonist than Mob or Gon. It's funny to see that Mariya has poeple favouriting her. Keeping that aside, the story itself is fucked up. I didn't understand why that cop shot the fairy when its so valuable? Was he like "I am going to die anyway, lets do the opposite of what we were said to do before I die"? I hate Mariya because she is boring. It seems like I have already seen the same kind of interaction that Mariya and Veronica had several times before. More than that I have seen a character like Mariya more times than I have seen anime lol. The background music is too loud and doesnt match with the scenes imo. Animation is well done except for the fairies which have been getting covered under some kind of shadow or some black colour. Its clear that they did this to stop us from complaining about the bad cg. Its easily visible at some points. I will still watch it to see how much of a cliche it turns out to be. I would never mind cliches in comedies but its gets annoying when it comes to action and drama or just anime that have serious tones. Sorry for ranting but Im pretty upset.
Apr 7, 2019 11:50 AM
Jan 2018
1idd0kun said:

I think this is gonna be the main show to follow this season for me

Bro go watch Kimetsu right now
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2019

51 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Feb 18, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

72 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 23, 2022 7:58 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

65 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 23, 2022 7:18 AM

» Is this worth watching?

removed-user - Oct 7, 2021

6 by Pangolin44 »»
Nov 3, 2021 8:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Gone Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2019

51 by Kap92 »»
Aug 15, 2021 5:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.