Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 7, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, it's alright I guess. Quite frankly, I'm more interested in the world building than the plot so far.

Meanwhile, are introduced to the main characters including Inyou and Zero. Had a mysterious feeling about the episode with the way it introduced everything. It has a very serious and eerie tone as well for the storytelling style.
Apr 7, 2019 7:14 AM

May 2016
Aaaand nobody picked it up. Does this show have bilibili in the production committee?
Apr 7, 2019 7:32 AM

Nov 2015
Luchael said:
Aaaand nobody picked it up. Does this show have bilibili in the production committee?

Yes..... Unfortunately

Apr 7, 2019 7:36 AM

Apr 2018
Bilibili=RIP

fansubbers save us :"(((
Apr 7, 2019 10:10 AM

Jul 2017
ExxBlack said:
Luchael said:

Yes..... Unfortunately

OH DAMN, one of those Chinese manhwa that once again, is relegated onto the Chinese anime market. Gonna find hard on those again.
Apr 7, 2019 10:30 AM

Jan 2019
Think we'll have to wait.
Hey, how you doing?
Apr 7, 2019 11:24 AM
Oct 2015
It might be Netflix holding back official subs and not Bilibili. Netflix is the only streaming service listed on the website. If it was Bilibili, you'd think they'd let Funimation sub it since they now have a partnership. http://gunjyo-magumeru.com/onair.html
64BitRatchetApr 7, 2019 11:28 AM
Apr 7, 2019 11:44 AM

Dec 2017
I was expecting a lot from this anime and I woke up today excited to watch it:( now I have to wait for who knows how much time... oof
Apr 7, 2019 12:57 PM
Jun 2012
killuaxgon said:
Bilibili=RIP

fansubbers save us :"(((

Fansubbing is dead
Apr 7, 2019 2:17 PM

Jan 2019
How nice, I was actually interested in see this anime cause its premise is so cool.
Luckly a fansub will do the job and save us once again.
Hey, how you doing?
Apr 7, 2019 3:10 PM

Sep 2012
Disc0nnected_ said:
How nice, I was actually interested in see this anime cause its premise is so cool.
Luckly a fansub will do the job and save us once again.

True that. If it's not subbed tomorrow or on Tuesday I might as well do the subbing myself.
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Apr 7, 2019 4:47 PM

Mar 2016
Well this is quite a surprise for me, I actually liked this show. The characters are ok, the main dude is kinda op but ok, his mini-robot isn't annoying, and we have a girl. It has my attention, I'll keep an eye on this one.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 7, 2019 5:09 PM

Feb 2019

And the parade of Jump shows continues. A Pierot produced one this time, and not one of the ones that they spend any effort on, so things like animation? Not happening here, guys. Dude just waves his hand and things pop into giblets. That's when they bother to show it at all, cause a lot of this crap also happens off screen, or cuts to black to show a spray of blood then returns to him casually walking away from the carnage he leaves in his wake.

And speaking of which, the episode is about a kid hiring him to find his lost brother. Lost brother went blood-plant crazy, killed all his companions, and then his brother (who our protagonist was supposed to be protecting). So the protagonist then no quarter executes him too. Bear in mind that we're not talking about someone presented as an anti-hero Punisher. He just goes "This is the true horror of Magmel," gives a great big shrug, and goes home to his child servant. Oh, did I mention the child servant? There's that too. He's omnipotent, invulnerable, and too cool for things like personal responsibility, man. Gee, what isn't there to like?
Apr 7, 2019 7:04 PM
Jan 2018
If you understand Spanish, you can find it on animeflv .net.
But you are not missing anything entertaining honestly.

It has constant CGI walking crowd shots.
It has constant off model faces and stills.
And the writing is really bad.

Show: "Don't worry; to cure your disease we just need to find the Macguffin"
Me: Oh, okay, so this thing cures things, I get it.
Show literally two seconds later: "The Macguffin cures diseases"

Dropped it halfway.
Apr 7, 2019 7:09 PM
Jan 2019
WOW !, but what a good anime. It has attracted me, it has had a good start.
The protagonist acts in a great way. And the story is something new for me, I find interesting the theme of a new continent, strange creatures, powers and other mysteries.
In my opinion, the anime looks promising. I hope it's the best of the season.

PS: R.I.P. little boy.
Apr 7, 2019 7:30 PM

Apr 2017
Type HxH world, I like that
Apr 8, 2019 2:34 AM

Jul 2013
I thought it would be a lighthearted adventure series, but I didn't really expected that kid to die, or the MC to be so ruthless for that matter. Getting HxH vibes of this, and I'm liking it so far.
Also I loved the part of the beginning where that Killua wannabe says something about becoming the king of Magmell only to has his ass kicked in seconds.
Apr 8, 2019 5:44 AM
Dec 2017
I don't have Vietsub to see.😑
Apr 8, 2019 6:09 AM

Jan 2019
Chritabiner said:
Type HxH world, I like that

Yes, I think it has the hxh atmosphere too
Apr 8, 2019 9:33 AM

Jan 2016
What is this Boruto soundtrack lol
Apr 8, 2019 10:14 AM

Aug 2013
Decent start.

RIP little kid.

Looks promising.

Apr 8, 2019 11:06 AM

Sep 2018
RIP little brother...

Older one will surely be contender for worst brother of spring 2019.
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 8, 2019 11:19 AM

May 2016
Man this just makes me really want to read the manga. I can see why Togashi might like it, the story already has me sold; there's not enough wild, pure adventure stuff like this and the concept and the main characters are all interesting and unique enough. I dig it. However... I'm doubtful that this studio/staff will handle the source material well anyway, it seems pretty demanding with all the action and detailed bizarre creatures and scenery, and this wasn't a bad first episode, but it felt sorta.. choppy? It wasn't so consistent in animation quality, and the pacing felt off too.. Hoping I'm wrong, because again, this is definitely promising.
ZaugrApr 8, 2019 11:31 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2019 11:19 AM

Apr 2016
Only subs I could find were awful, but this show seems like it will be an entertaining way to kill 20 minutes every week at the very least.
Apr 8, 2019 11:22 AM

Nov 2016
The opening song is pretty damn catchy and I like the visuals a lot.

And wow, I dunno what to say, but definitely my favorite start of the season. The premise is so intriguing and has so much potential. Same for the worldbuilding. It also seems shounenesque which is a huge plus for me.

Inyou is also an interesting character. Harsh on the outside, yet he still cares. Can't wait to learn more about his backround.

Very promising start and I'm so hyped to say the least. Not that I'm expecting a second HxH, but if it comes close to it, that would be already plenty.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 2019 11:29 AM

Dec 2011
nice start, animation isn´t that great but the story intrigued me a lot, it reminded me of toriko and it might be a little peak into the dark continent from hxh, once we get there xD
Apr 8, 2019 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
ehhhhhhhh, that was a pretty awkward sub, BUT. I enjoyed the episode a ton.

A sunny day, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvveeeeeeerrrs. Good stuff.
Apr 8, 2019 12:03 PM

Mar 2014
Wow, I almost passed on this anime from the description alone but I'm glad I gave it a try. Certainly a nice start. Animation isn't that great and the storytelling is a bit repetitive though. Not sure how MC's powers work but I'm guessing he's one of the Lectors that the little brother wanted to become. RIP little brother. Can't believe he still thought well of his big brother after that. Knew there was something wrong with the big brother when he didn't do the fist bump but didn't think it would turn out that dark. Wish MC was a bit more emotional about the little brother's death though instead of shrugging it off as normal.
Apr 8, 2019 12:19 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I can forgive many things, but the story feels incredibly rushed. I feel like this should have been spread over several episodes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 8, 2019 12:25 PM

Nov 2012
No wonder i recognized the music... another epic ost incoming.
Apr 8, 2019 12:39 PM

Dec 2014
Things don't make sense in first episode.

1. What is the point of explorer if Angler was this strong?

2. What is the point of exploring if Angler already has this much information regarding this new continent?

3. The new continent was emerged without human residence(I believe), so when people first discovered fruit of Epola, there shouldn't be any human corpse out there in the continent, so how does one determine it must be fed on human corpse?

I like anime with this theme of unknown land/world,etc. I really hope these things are actually explain properly later on and not forcing any reason or excuse on it.
aLotQuestion_Apr 8, 2019 12:50 PM
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 8, 2019 12:45 PM
Apr 2018
Finally a protagonist who doesn't teach bullshit to bad guys when they don't have any intention of changing. I like how he "saved" him. 😅
Apr 8, 2019 12:48 PM
Apr 2018
el_morris said:
Well this is quite a surprise for me, I actually liked this show. The characters are ok, the main dude is kinda op but ok, his mini-robot isn't annoying, and we have a girl. It has my attention, I'll keep an eye on this one.

Robot and the girl are same lol. She is just controlling the robot from far away.
Apr 8, 2019 1:32 PM

Apr 2017
It feels like a show with no plot. However, the continent of Magmel seems very interesting. Looking forward to another episode.
Apr 8, 2019 1:38 PM

May 2010
The episode started out very spooky with those cardboard animations but i really liked it at the end and the action scenes looked very solid.
Apr 8, 2019 1:53 PM

May 2015
Good lord the animation is horrible, but what else do you expect from Perriot Plus. Other than that it seems kinda interesting I'll give it another 2 episodes and see where it goes
Apr 8, 2019 2:10 PM

May 2018
Ya know I don't who's worse, them Jap's who missuses any English Vocabulary that they can find or them Chinese who uses such monologues that is contrary to what it means.... Cu'z the Mc jaz used the phrase about "Saving the Guy" but what he did was killed the guy.
Apr 8, 2019 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
kinda surprised me, expected some intense worldbuilding and exploration and got fratricide instead
Apr 8, 2019 4:26 PM
Jul 2018
I find the land and wildlife interesting. I'm curious to learn more. But dang that older brother was selfish and evil! >:(
Apr 8, 2019 4:29 PM
Mar 2017
Does anyone know what streaming service I can watch this on?
Apr 8, 2019 6:15 PM

Oct 2015
Liked this opening episode, but it lacked the plot to be comprehensive enough. It is a bit better than black clover and the MC is likable for me.

This opening didn't give away too much so it's hard to judge it, but that was some powerful move on the brother.
lihle808Apr 8, 2019 6:26 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 8, 2019 7:25 PM
Apr 2019
Why, this is drawn up, conceived, voice acted, and adapted to anime in like 2018 and still had a lower quality animation then stuff of like 2002?? The premise and the unfolding story are superbly cliche, and don't get me started on the voice acting/script/monologue. Why under-developed 3D models for modeled movement in a 3 second scene that doesn't need to have "well animated" movement. The art style itself is also horribly grainy and underwhelming. Introducing this could've been a major plus if done correctly (it wasn't in the slightest). If I could compare this to real life (see it in real life like a movie) I could also say the acting was bad, but it's completely the fault of whomever supervised this anime and said it was okay to release to the public. Come on, you actually had me interested with the preview of this, now coupled with a major letdown the only thing that could save this is a well developed story since it was rushed into a single episode. (But I'm really doubting that that will happen given this shoddy introduction to a possibly shoddy cash-grab on the anime industry [Dammit China])
If animated and translated properly with a good story to fit the "exciting" new spectacles that the people in charge of creating this landscape and new species/creatures, since they obviously took enough time to create a good enough theme and world for you to fiddle with. It could be a great story about the true strength of the main character, what he is vulnerable to, how he got there, and who his biggest threat is, plus introduce a sense of true (world-building) adventure into the mix, but there is probably no telling what they are going to do with this. Only time will tell.

P.S. I made an account to review this just because it was so spectacularly crap.
DudeIWatchAnimeApr 8, 2019 7:29 PM
Apr 8, 2019 8:15 PM

Oct 2014
Hmm. Didn't have very high expectations when I found this on the seasonal chart. I feel even more apathetic to the little bro's death than the family in Kimetsu no Yaiba, except that episode managed to change my mind and want to see the protag keep going. This episode had nothing of the sort. Who is this guy with the energy sword? The only reason I'll be tuning in again is cause those monsters were kind of cool.

What was the thing that little bro wanted to be? Lector? Rakuta?

I'm not entirely sure that zero isn't what's his face's sister who's in love with him.
Apr 8, 2019 8:35 PM

Apr 2017
Probably my second favorite show of this season so far. The episode felt rather quick, but it wasn't bad. I hope it doesn't disappoint me in the coming weeks. The world seems really interesting and I hope they go more into everything that it has.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Apr 8, 2019 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
there were a lot of plot holes but surprisingly enjoyable lol
the MC makes me think of Ryoma Echizen
Apr 8, 2019 9:05 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That OST, classic Takanashi Yasuharu lol. Felt like I was watching Shippuuden/Boruto. I agree there's not enough actual adventures out there (not recently anyways, and no, isekai doesn't count), so this was quite refreshing. Wasn't the most interesting introduction, but I still had fun watching it. Honestly just tried it out because of Kawanishi Kengo and its adventure tag :P I think this might be a keeper though :> I'm liking Inyou so far.
Apr 8, 2019 9:48 PM

Aug 2014
Really interesting start actually I enjoyed it
Apr 8, 2019 10:39 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Now I know where Togashi got the idea for the Dark Continent arc lol

Ever since I deeply looked into this and found out that Togashi himself even recommend this, I had a feeling that this series was gonna have a lot of potential, and boy was I not disappointed

Apart from some of the directing in this episode and some pacing issues, I thought that overall it was pretty good. The setting is intriguing, the monsters (And I guess plants even) are seemingly going to be quite diverse and menacing, and the tone fit really well (Especially when we found out how this place made that poor kid's brother into a monster)

Our two leads were pretty cool too (Especially once the action scenes started happening), so I can't wait to see more of them
Apr 8, 2019 11:27 PM

Mar 2016
Because of how colourful and bright this was, I didn't think someone would die. I wonder why stories from China are so colourful.

The designs were pretty; I liked most of them, except the girl. Something about her makes me not like her.
Apr 9, 2019 12:51 AM

Mar 2019
Not a bad first episode, typical show of power and greed from people. Lovely of the big brother to just kill everyone all for that.. is this from a manga/LN? Is it ever explained how a random giant island, with its own species just appeared

Oh yeah and the subs were horrible.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

P_S_Y_C_H_O - May 6, 2019

63 by jenkitsune »»
Jan 31, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmell Episode 13 Discussion

alexanderthekek - Jun 23, 2019

38 by MeanEYE »»
Dec 21, 2023 2:50 PM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 6 Discussion

el_morris - May 12, 2019

26 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Jun 6, 2023 4:02 PM

» Gunjou no Magmell Episode 12 Discussion

Luroon - Jun 27, 2019

1 by Dawizz »»
Mar 17, 2023 12:12 AM

Poll: » Gunjou no Magmel Episode 10 Discussion

alexanderthekek - Jun 2, 2019

19 by Dawizz »»
Mar 16, 2023 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.