Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2019 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And this was one of most pointless episode I have seen. Seriously why this even made? This was prequel to HandShaker and except the OP/ED this had really nothing to do with W'z foreshadowing! Not to mention those two character really didn't plays much role in the main story.. damn you GoHands!

On a positive note, I think the visual/character design were slight better than the whole TV anime showed but still not even close to K-project so either way its meh. Those copyright OSTs were not from W'z rather from H.S. and really loved those (so this episode's production started before w'z show created?) and reminds me w'z osts were another biggest letdown as from GoHands whom I thought have good taste in soundtrack. EDIT: whoops, have been hearing w'z whole osts and actually not bad. But really lack of kickassery osts than its prequel and more inconsistent.

Other than these, this whole so-call special backstory was somehow turned out to be even edgier than the last villain's backstory! seriously couldn't they think any better than this? Also what's up with that "binding scene" which pretty much inspired from h-anime and that really had me good laugh lol.

Overall pretty much everything of this flashback could cover up within 30 seconds.
removed-userApr 6, 2019 3:02 PM
Apr 6, 2019 2:48 PM
Jan 2017
Let me start this comment by saying that I normally don't have a problem when a TV show grinds the main story to a halt and delivers an episode or 2 to explain a character's backstory. When it's done well, it can help you care about the character in question; when it's done poorly, this is what happens. The best thing about W'z and its predecessor Hand Shakers was the character writing. Unfortunately, the character writing was this episode's biggest failing.

Reijiro and Yukine are not bad, they just need good characterization to be enjoyable. They were much better in the main W'z than in this prequel. It's hard to believe these two would grow up to become the loving and wise parents that offer Yukiya guidance and counsel. While they have sympathetic backstories, that doesn't really make it easier for me to feel glad for them when they become Hand Shakers, what with Reijiro being angry and bitter all the time and Yukine just submitting to him. Jun Fukuyama and Yoko Hikasa are great actors and their chemistry is amazing, but unfortunately, that just makes this episode an even bigger missed opportunity.

Their character development could have worked better for an extended string of episodes, but Studio GoHands, for whatever reason, decided to tell that story in just 1 episode. It makes no sense and just alienates viewers. Besides, this episode barely makes an effort to tie into the larger story. The Hand Shakers saga is not bad, it just needed some serious polishing, but this episode fails at delivering it. Hopefully, the saga will continue in some other form, because these characters and their stories deserve better.
Apr 6, 2019 2:57 PM

Aug 2018
LOL, this felt like "lets invent some cute backstory to make the couple more likeable" but they forgot about the way they showed them in HS... you can clearly see the anger of Rei towards Yukine when he started to kick her in the floor and there was not even a hint of that in this even tho is almost near the beginning of HS... this is BS... a really shitty shit.
Apr 7, 2019 7:45 PM

Sep 2015
Yeah, let's pretend that's the background story to Break and Bind and that he was not working his anger on Bind but in the world... Sure. That's how it happened in the first episode of Hand Shakers...
May 4, 2020 4:01 PM

Jan 2010
How can you all be so wrong about this?

Hard to think of anything less worth arguing about on the Internet but my goodness sake.
Jul 31, 2020 10:41 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I found this special felt not so special. Such a waste of time deciding to reach this series. 3/10. I believed that score was too kind for me for the sake of a huge boobs of the Bind.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.