Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 6, 2019 12:21 AM

Aug 2017
On April 4 there was a teaser trailer released of the movie Joker, that will be in the theaters on early October 2019. What are your thoughts on the trailer and Joaquin Phoenix's portrayal of the Joker?

Edit:
nongcomApr 6, 2019 1:00 AM
Apr 6, 2019 1:58 AM

Nov 2017
It seems to be ok to spend some money for this in cinema. I kinda don't like the color of Jokers clothes. At least he seem to make a better performance than Jared Leto.
๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ซ๐˜ถ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ?
๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ.

¡วษฏ ษฅส‡แด‰ส วษนวษฅ uแด‰ สžษ”nส‡s วษน,noโ…„
Apr 6, 2019 2:30 AM

Aug 2017
IamAlphaAndOmega said:
It seems to be ok to spend some money for this in cinema. I kinda don't like the color of Jokers clothes. At least he seem to make a better performance than Jared Leto.

I see. I actually like the color of the Joker's clothes and I especially like the make up. It looks a lot like the make up of the killer clown John Wayne Gacy. There are differences of course, but it certainly feels like a reference point. And yes, just by watching this trailer, it's already clear that Joaquin is going to be a far better Joker than Jared Leto.
Apr 6, 2019 6:03 AM

Jul 2014
I'm absolutely digging the cinematography so far.
Take care of yourself

Apr 6, 2019 6:34 AM

Apr 2016
Looks and feels good, certainly better than whatever jared leto was trying to do anyway.
Apr 6, 2019 7:26 AM

Jan 2018
Joker's backstory on how he became evil is amazing thing, i'd love to think about Jared Leto portrayal gives me an hungs up over it.

(sorry for my poor English)
Apr 6, 2019 8:25 AM

Mar 2019
Apparently DC wants to de-emphasize the shared nature of the DCEU which I'm fully behind.

Shared universes become more and more ridiculous as they go along; the MCU is a mess already. I'm not really a fan of it and it just doesn't make sense; why did Aquaman not call in the rest of the justice league to help in his solo film? The world will never know.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Apr 6, 2019 8:35 AM

Dec 2016
seems alright so far - but nothing spectacular. anything's better than jared leto.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Apr 6, 2019 9:08 AM

Jul 2009
I enjoyed the trailer. Joaquin Phoenix being a better actor than Jared Leto is already a given. His memorable portrayal of Commodus in Gladiator is something I've always remembered since I was a kid. The true question is whether he could beat Heath Ledger's iconic performance.
Apr 6, 2019 12:29 PM
Jul 2018
Judging from the trailer, Joaquin Phoenix's Joker is depicted as an enlightened version of the character as opposed to being showcased as the typical maniacal anarchist with which it is renowned for - he has transcended the bounds of normalcy and reached spiritual enlightenment. This Joker emanates a charisma different from that of Heath Ledger's, with which was portrayed as a tormented and cynical character who indulges in chaos.

I'm not gonna talk about Jared Leto's Joker because it's just plain comedy
Apr 6, 2019 1:33 PM
Feb 2016
Finally, a movie that truly says that we live in a society bottom text

But for real, I'm looking forward to this. Should be a nice shot in the arm in breaking up a lot of the monotony found in superhero stuff.

Apr 6, 2019 1:41 PM

Oct 2018
I think this one might be a really good movie!
Also I think Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor,
he always played bad guys, so I used to dislike him somehow,but I became a fan of his after this movie-You Were never really here, I recommend this movie!

So that's Bruce Wayne when he was a kid,looks creepy..

Mila91Apr 6, 2019 1:49 PM

Apr 6, 2019 4:34 PM

Oct 2018
Mila91 said:

So that's Bruce Wayne when he was a kid,looks creepy..

I'm so thankful that they remastered this song by Nat King Cole:

The Internet is getting ready to make memes out of the movie.
L0LlApr 6, 2019 4:45 PM

ใ‚ตใƒ‡ใ‚ฃใ‚นใƒ†ใ‚ฃใƒƒใ‚ฏใช่€ƒใˆ
"JUST KILL ME."
ใ‚ตใƒ‡ใ‚ฃใ‚นใƒ†ใ‚ฃใƒƒใ‚ฏใƒžใ‚คใƒณใƒ‰
Apr 6, 2019 7:13 PM

Feb 2019
The question isn't whether he can beat Heath's Joker, it's whether he can beat Trump's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doZE4Yqog5I
When you stand at the cliff's edge, staring into the darkness below, the most horrifying realization is not that you might slip, but that you could leap.
Apr 6, 2019 8:36 PM

Jan 2019
Heath Ledger has set the bar high up for Joker. It will be interesting to see how Joaquin pulls it off.
The teaser is decent so far, interesting cinematography done here.
Apr 6, 2019 8:44 PM

Oct 2015
We now live in a time where the DC universe is making a comeback. With how well Shazam went, I'm really hoping this succeeds as well. I really prefer the characters of DC compared to Marvel
Apr 7, 2019 11:21 AM

Oct 2017
Very hyped for this King of comedy remake.
Apr 7, 2019 8:44 PM

Mar 2017
EGOIST said:
We now live in a time where the DC universe is making a comeback. With how well Shazam went, I'm really hoping this succeeds as well. I really prefer the characters of DC compared to Marvel

I just read that the new Joker movie is the first of a series of DC movies that are not in the DCEU. Good move imo. https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/joker-origin-movie-will-not-part-dc-extended-universe/

Apr 7, 2019 8:55 PM

Jan 2014
The trailer made me have a chub.
I'm so excited to see this and I can't get out Joaquin Phoenix's dancing in the trailer out of my head.
Apr 8, 2019 8:24 AM

Mar 2008
Looks like it could be good. I hope it's good. I quite enjoy seeing that hobbled run for some reason.

If I understand clown makeup right big upright triangles represent big glimmering eyes and the smaller lower triangles may be stylized teardrops. So a makeup like that says he's laughing the pain away.

I already have an idea how the plot will progress.

nongcom said:
IamAlphaAndOmega said:

I see. I actually like the color of the Joker's clothes and I especially like the make up. It looks a lot like the make up of the killer clown John Wayne Gacy. There are differences of course, but it certainly feels like a reference point. And yes, just by watching this trailer, it's already clear that Joaquin is going to be a far better Joker than Jared Leto.

The red jacket looks aweful. I mean it looks dark decent in the trailer but I had seen some photos it's bright red, bright orange vest, and a dark green shirt underneath. I would went with a dark purpleish red for the jacket and a slightly greenish yellowish brown vest

Pay attention to the scene he's on stage. The comedy club's name is Pogo's. Pogo is Gacy's clown name. But nah it's just a fairly standard clown face not a reference to Gacy unlike the comedy club name which very well may be a reference. It does evoke that look a bit though.

Kontemplation said:
Judging from the trailer, Joaquin Phoenix's Joker is depicted as an enlightened version of the character as opposed to being showcased as the typical maniacal anarchist with which it is renowned for - he has transcended the bounds of normalcy and reached spiritual enlightenment. This Joker emanates a charisma different from that of Heath Ledger's, with which was portrayed as a tormented and cynical character who indulges in chaos.

I'm not gonna talk about Jared Leto's Joker because it's just plain comedy

I don't know. I feel like their world views probably aren't different just their demeanor. You have to pay attention to the words Joker talks about in the Dark Knight to see his enlightenment. He speaks about letting truth be free and not live under lies for a false sense of security. Joaquin Phoenix it's more like facing harsh reality as if it's a joke is the impression I get.
Apr 8, 2019 8:57 AM

Aug 2015
can't wait for all the edgy memes that are going to swarm the net after this movie is out
Apr 8, 2019 9:30 AM
Apr 2019
Finally, Gotham City got the criminal its deserved lol. The trailer was pretty good. I kinda like the transformation of the atmosphere from the first scene where he lonely walked against the stair case to the happy dancing clown on the stairs under the bright shining sun. Not sure if I like the costume though. It doesn't need to look like the standard Joker costume (purple and green). But this one looks meh... Joaquin is an extremely gifted and dedicated actor and he looks quite passionate about playing the Joker, so no worries for me on his performance.
Apr 8, 2019 9:37 AM
Apr 2019
traed said:
Pay attention to the scene he's on stage. The comedy club's name is Pogo's. Pogo is Gacy's clown name. But nah it's just a fairly standard clown face not a reference to Gacy unlike the comedy club name which very well may be a reference. It does evoke that look a bit though.

Or it can be a reference to the comic strip "Pogo", that was a social and political satire. :))
PollesApr 8, 2019 9:49 AM
Apr 9, 2019 1:17 AM

Mar 2008
Apparently the red suit is like one Cesar Romero's Joker had. Usually it's a purple suit he wore but at some point he had a bright red suit since I did run across some pictures it looked red.
Apr 9, 2019 10:40 PM

Sep 2012
truly my life is both a tragedy and a comedy.

Oh maybe, maybe it's the clothes we wear
The tasteless bracelets and the dye in our hair
Or maybe, maybe it's our nowhere towns or our nothing places
But we're trash, you and me
We're the litter on the breeze
We're the lovers on the streets
Just trash, me and you
It's in everything we do
It's in everything we do

Apr 16, 2019 1:44 PM

Mar 2019
While watching the trailer i didn't think so much of it ybh, it looked kinda boring. But you can't really judge a book by it's cover really.

I don't think i will watch it, i might but i'm not sure.
Apr 16, 2019 1:59 PM

May 2013
the trailer looks promising. i will defo watch the movie

Apr 16, 2019 3:26 PM

May 2018
It doesn't seem to be woke garbage so I might watch it.
Apr 16, 2019 8:47 PM

May 2016
i don't think it's going to be awful so i'm looking forward to it. i dislike who's directing it tho but i guess i'll just put that aside...

๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝกหšโ˜ฝหš๏ฝกโ‹†๏ฝก

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

ๆœˆๅ…‰
Apr 16, 2019 9:01 PM

Jan 2019
Looks more like a psychological thriller, rather than a comic book movie. JP has a shot to be one of the best live-action adaptations of Joker.

Did you know every time you sigh,
a little bit of happiness escapes?

Apr 16, 2019 9:22 PM

Feb 2019
This is gonna leave me feeling like I just watched Requiem for a Dream.
Apr 17, 2019 6:37 AM

Mar 2008
SamHandwich said:

As in really depressed or..?
Apr 17, 2019 9:42 AM

Feb 2019
traed said:
SamHandwich said:

As in really depressed or..?

Feeling sympathy for the character but knowing it's not going to get better for him. There's no way a guy like him could make peace with the world before he loses his sense of self. In that way, it also reminds me of Taxi Driver. Seeing as how this IS the Joker, he'll definitely have a final scene like Deniro's.
Apr 17, 2019 11:23 AM

Sep 2017
looks good to me
joaquin phoenix is a great actor and he says that he likes the script so yeah I'm really looking forward to watching it in the cinema
Sep 7, 2019 10:40 PM
Sep 2019
hi...
i'm so excited for Joker 2019 in 4 october...
joker is my favorite...He is the best villain
he is a great villain because he has nothing to loose. he has no friends, no family, no emotions, no honor, dignity, and so on.
i think joker 2019 is one of the best movie in the world...Joker movie scores were very good
Joker's movie has garnered the highest ratings from critics...so i really like this and can't wait !
please check my website for this:
https://www.plaza.ir/mag/139806/120417/%D9%81%DB%8C%D9%84%D9%85-%D8%AC%D9%88%DA%A9%D8%B1-the-joker
Sep 16, 2019 6:46 PM

Feb 2010
so far the buzz about it seems good.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 22, 2019 5:02 PM

Dec 2016
It is an honor, truly an inspiration!

I look forward to the sequel "No Country for Clowns".

More topics from this board

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

4 by LoveLikeBlood »»
3 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7565 by tsukareru »»
4 hours ago

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
7 hours ago

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Today, 2:06 AM

» cardi b fans unite

batslimeman - Apr 18

2 by batslimeman »»
Today, 2:00 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.