Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 6, 2019 4:31 AM
Apr 2016
Di-Ansatsu said:
Tsukizono said:

You'll be pleasantly surprised as to how well-written the female characters are in the later parts.

Also your complaint about the boss' scene is stupid because he IS a miserable, paranoid loser who spends his time running away. He hasn't done anything impressive? Have you even seen the whole Mystery of King Crimson Arc?

That's good to hear. And yeah I saw the Mystery of King Crimson Arc and while I liked it because of how brave/smart Bucciarati was, I wasn't impressed with the boss performance. Didn't kill Trish when he had the chance, got Mafuba by the Turtle, had to let the heroes go when he was overpowered and whined everytime he had the chance. Not very impressive and yeah, maybe that's the point of his character but it still doesn't change the fact that I don't respect him as an antagonist.

I see. Well he's a very paranoid guy. I hope you change your opinion of him in the upcoming few episodes because there aren't many arcs left until the finale.
Apr 6, 2019 5:00 AM
Nov 2015
Trish was badass as hell in that episode, now I'm even more hyped.
Amber Brett
Apr 6, 2019 5:49 AM

Jul 2016
Trump_Card said:
I just noticed this Easter egg

From this episode

From previous episode

They hve been adding them into every ending since the start... Trishs stand was added as well
Apr 6, 2019 7:19 AM
Jan 2016
HereticHunter said:

I mean, since the Grateful dead battle she has been getting more aware to stands and questioning her role in this part. How is her development "sudden" and an asspull?

How much screen time did she have up until this episode to actually see her thinking about all the stuff around her and changing gradually?
Apr 6, 2019 9:12 AM

Feb 2016
PedroBV96 said:
HereticHunter said:

I mean, since the Grateful dead battle she has been getting more aware to stands and questioning her role in this part. How is her development "sudden" and an asspull?

How much screen time did she have up until this episode to actually see her thinking about all the stuff around her and changing gradually?

Enough imo, she started questioning stands in the Grateful dead arc, she hesitated before meeting his father, and now she's been influenced by Giorno's resolve (Said by Spice Girl herself). It would be nicer if she had more screentime, yes, but we have like 5 characters together that are also gradually developing as a team. You could say that Bruno may be responsible for her lack of screen time as he would hide her inside the turtle in order to protect her.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 6, 2019 11:58 AM
Jan 2016
HereticHunter said:

Enough imo, she started questioning stands in the Grateful dead arc, she hesitated before meeting his father, and now she's been influenced by Giorno's resolve (Said by Spice Girl herself). It would be nicer if she had more screentime, yes, but we have like 5 characters together that are also gradually developing as a team. You could say that Bruno may be responsible for her lack of screen time as he would hide her inside the turtle in order to protect her.

The fights are mostly with one of them fighting one or more enemies with little to no teamwork. And technically I said that her change FEELS sudden, because of the little screentime she have got up until now to actually see how she changed. Something you have just proved me right.
PedroBV96Apr 6, 2019 12:05 PM
Apr 6, 2019 12:18 PM

Dec 2014
wow a fan of trish and spicy girl///... nice
Apr 6, 2019 1:45 PM

Jun 2015
Trish: What's your name? What should I call you?

me: Crazy Bitch

Stand: Spice Girl

me: close enough
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 6, 2019 3:36 PM

Feb 2016
PedroBV96 said:
HereticHunter said:

The fights are mostly with one of them fighting one or more enemies with little to no teamwork. And technically I said that her change FEELS sudden, because of the little screentime she have got up until now to actually see how she changed. Something you have just proved me right.

Fair enough, but you called it an asspull which it might have given the wrong idea. (at least to me :P)

Still I woudln't call her change that sudden, is not as abrupt as Phos change in Houseki no Kuni tho. Although the latter is more justified. Like one reviewer said on Part 5's manga, If it were longer he could have had the time to develop their characters better instead of doing it in the background.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 6, 2019 6:13 PM
Jan 2016
HereticHunter said:

Fair enough, but you called it an asspull which it might have given the wrong idea. (at least to me :P)

Still I woudln't call her change that sudden, is not as abrupt as Phos change in Houseki no Kuni tho. Although the latter is more justified. Like one reviewer said on Part 5's manga, If it were longer he could have had the time to develop their characters better instead of doing it in the background.

And then you have those who complain about how streched part 3 was, when it is because of it that wee saw a lot of teamwork amongst the main characters and how they were changing.
Apr 6, 2019 8:41 PM

Feb 2017
They really did Spice Girl justice.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Apr 6, 2019 11:38 PM

Nov 2009
I kinda hoped being the boss' daughter, her stand would be more impressive. At least it doesn't have that psycho look though lol
Apr 7, 2019 8:15 AM

Jul 2014
eWEQRW123123 said:
What happened to the last member of the assassin group?

Risotto is still around. He's biding his time since the rest of his team died.

lihle808 said:
That was impressive of Trish on her first fight, considering it was the first time she used her stand. I'm starting to like her, because she has evolved from that stuck up useless timid look. Hope she marries Bucciarati or Giorno at the end!

She's only 15. Bit early to be thinking about marriage.

Trump_Card said:
I just noticed this Easter egg

Clash and Talking Head were added when their Stand Users died, too.
Apr 7, 2019 1:49 PM
Sep 2017
PedroBV96 said:
HereticHunter said:

And then you have those who complain about how streched part 3 was, when it is because of it that wee saw a lot of teamwork amongst the main characters and how they were changing.

Teamwork? Oh you mean when Jotaro handled 80% of the fights and Polnareff the 20%?
Apr 7, 2019 1:58 PM

Aug 2018
Supersonic_speed said:
PedroBV96 said:

Teamwork? Oh you mean when Jotaro handled 80% of the fights and Polnareff the 20%?

Yeah lol, part 5 by far has the most teamwork than any other part
Apr 7, 2019 8:09 PM
Jan 2016

Supersonic_speed said:

Kakyoin and Polnareff vs Hol Horse (Emperor) and J Geil (Hanged Man)
Avdol and Polnareff vs Cameo (Judgement)
Joseph and Avdol vs Maria (Bastet)
Jotaro and Joseph vs Darby younger (Atum)
Polnareff and Iggy vs Vanilla Ice (Cream)

We have even Hol Horse and Boingo doing teamwork.

OverHeavenAZ said:

There are only 2 fights so far that showed teamwork, and I challenge you to refute me.
Apr 7, 2019 9:31 PM
Jul 2014
^ Black Sabbath, Soft Machine, Man in the Mirror, White Album, Clash and Talking Head, Notorious B.I.G.
Someone could maybe make an argument for The Grateful Dead as well, but that one I'm more iffy on.

Anyway, I've avoided being a part of these JoJo discussions, but you are needlessly persistent. And you do it in almost every damn thread, it's tiring.
GrimmgetaApr 7, 2019 10:01 PM
Apr 7, 2019 11:47 PM
Sep 2017
PedroBV96 said:

Supersonic_speed said:

Kakyoin and Polnareff vs Hol Horse (Emperor) and J Geil (Hanged Man)
Avdol and Polnareff vs Cameo (Judgement)
Joseph and Avdol vs Maria (Bastet)
Jotaro and Joseph vs Darby younger (Atum)
Polnareff and Iggy vs Vanilla Ice (Cream)

We have even Hol Horse and Boingo doing teamwork.

OverHeavenAZ said:

There are only 2 fights so far that showed teamwork, and I challenge you to refute me.

Koichi and Giorno vs Black Sabbath
Giorno, Abbacchio and Bruno vs Soft Machine
Giorno, Fugo and Abbacchio vs Man in the Mirror
Mista and Bruno vs Pesci and Prosciutto
Giorno and Mista vs White Album
Giorno and Narancia vs Clash and Talking Head

Apr 8, 2019 4:13 AM
May 2016
CondemneDio said:
Meh, didn't really feel the mojo in this episode.

The part with the boss was cool at least.

Makes sense since Giorno was just a hand this episode, there'll be more moJo to come though :^)

What a good fuckin' ep, they absolutely nailed the horror-like tension for Biggie's scenes, but holy fuck Trish and Spice Girl were so much sassier than I remembered. Can we talk about Trish's theme for a sec? What a fucking banger, when it came blaring as Trish ran towards the cockpit with the color palette swapping straight during it, what a damn good moment.

DOPPIO NEXT WEEK BOYS
Apr 8, 2019 4:16 AM
May 2016
PedroBV96 said:
I'm sure many are going to think that Trish got development in this episode, but her "development" seems so sudden that feels more like an asspull.

Hardly, it's been built up for a while now that she's been wanting to be more than a damsel in distress for the group, did you not see the big scene between her and Bruno in the elevator? Or in last week's ep?
Apr 8, 2019 4:18 AM
May 2016
Di-Ansatsu said:
Spicy Girl, her theme song and the groupe posing was good. The rest not so much.

End fight with N.B was disapointing, he deserved better.

They tried to develop Trish but she's still pretty weak for me: I don't buy this badass act in a second. Hope Stone Ocean will improve in terms of female characters.

The scene with the boss was quite shit and really made him feel like a miserable loser who spend his time running away, always anxious about his identity. I really miss Dio and The Pillar Men, especially compare to this clown. 25 episodes in and he still hasn't do anything really impressive...

Also will Abbacchio have a big fight for himself for once ? Like everyone had their big fight except him. And if he has one, please don't kill him because that ending made me concerned for him. He's too funny as a tsundere to die!

Hoooooooooooooooooooo boy, it's gonna be fun to see what your thoughts are on Bossu by the end of the part.
ModernoirApr 8, 2019 4:22 AM
Apr 8, 2019 7:33 AM
Jan 2016
Modernoir said:

Hardly, it's been built up for a while now that she's been wanting to be more than a damsel in distress for the group, did you not see the big scene between her and Bruno in the elevator? Or in last week's ep?

How many scenes like the ones you mentioned have she got up until now? Almost none. So her change of attitude in this episode feels sudden.
Apr 8, 2019 7:36 AM
Jan 2016
Supersonic_speed said:

Koichi and Giorno vs Black Sabbath

Here I agree.
But since Koichi isn't part of the team neither the gang, I don't take this into account.
It's still there anyway.

Supersonic_speed said:

Giorno, Abbacchio and Bruno vs Soft Machine

Giorno didn't fight with them.
Only Abbacchio and Bruno do the teamwork.
Anyway, this is in fact the first instance.

Supersonic_speed said:

Giorno, Fugo and Abbacchio vs Man in the Mirror

Here I agree too.

Supersonic_speed said:

They didn't fight together.
Mista went first and was knocked out.
Bruno ended killing both Pesci and Prosciutto.
By the way, Mista should have died in that moment.

Supersonic_speed said:

Giorno and Mista vs White Album

Here I agree too.

Supersonic_speed said:

Narancia ended killing both Tiziano and Squalo.

And obviously there is no teamwork in this last fight, since Trish is the one who does everything.

So yes, I was wrong. Excluding the one with Giorno and Koichi, there are more than 2.
PedroBV96Apr 8, 2019 7:45 AM
Apr 8, 2019 9:04 AM

Aug 2018
PedroBV96 said:

Narancia ended killing both Tiziano and Squalo.

Just because Narancia ended up killing both enemies doesn't mean Giorno didn't contribute to the fight. Him making a new tongue is actually what made it possible for Narancia to get rid of Talking Head
Apr 8, 2019 10:36 AM
May 2016
>"Giorno didn't fight with them.
Only Abbacchio and Bruno do the teamwork.
Anyway, this is in fact the first instance."
Did you forget that Bruno and Abbacchio would have had 0 indication of where Zucchero was on the boat if it weren't for Giorno turning Narancia's shoe into a fly?
Apr 8, 2019 1:35 PM
Sep 2017

Supersonic_speed said:

”They didn't fight together.
Mista went first and was knocked out.
Bruno ended killing both Pesci and Prosciutto.
By the way, Mista should have died in that moment.”

Sex Pistols can deflect bullets, what’s so special about blocking the bullets from going all the way into Mista’s skull? Also, one of the Sex Pistols was giving advice to Bruno through the whole fight, and I count that as teamwork.

Supersonic_speed said:

”They didn't fight together.
Narancia ended killing both Tiziano and Squalo.”

Giorno made the victory possible for Narancia, I count that as teamwork.

And I’m still a noob on this site, my quoting is probably ass
Apr 8, 2019 1:36 PM
Jan 2016
Modernoir said:

Did you forget that Bruno and Abbacchio would have had 0 indication of where Zucchero was on the boat if it weren't for Giorno turning Narancia's shoe into a fly?

He just made the analysis of the enemy's power, so as in the fight with Pesci and Prosciutto, and this last fight with Notorious BIG. He didn't do anything else.
Apr 8, 2019 2:12 PM
Jan 2016
Supersonic_speed said:

Sex Pistols can deflect bullets, what’s so special about blocking the bullets from going all the way into Mista’s skull? Also, one of the Sex Pistols was giving advice to Bruno through the whole fight, and I count that as teamwork.

There were three bullets, and even if the sex pistol took out the bullets, Mista was for more than 10 minutes with three holes in his head. He should have died then. And no, the only significant thing that sex pistol did was informing Bruno about Pesci's stand. Just providing vital information is not teamwork.

Supersonic_speed said:

Giorno made the victory possible for Narancia, I count that as teamwork.

No he didn't, because Narancia was bitten on his throat and didn't die because... plot-armor.
Apr 8, 2019 2:24 PM
Jan 2016
OverHeavenAZ said:

Just because Narancia ended up killing both enemies doesn't mean Giorno didn't contribute to the fight. Him making a new tongue is actually what made it possible for Narancia to get rid of Talking Head

They still didn't fight together. Giorno was basically a life insurance, not a fight partner.
PedroBV96Apr 9, 2019 6:51 AM
Apr 8, 2019 4:31 PM
Jul 2014
I love how every time this guy gets proven wrong he just continues to move the goalpost and goes "BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS HUH?!" Not to mention I can't even tell what the hell you're saying half the time. You're literally hopeless dude, just stop.
GrimmgetaApr 8, 2019 4:35 PM
Apr 8, 2019 6:39 PM

Jan 2013
Damn, what an episode!
Can't believe that thing is invincible!

Glad that they all managed to survive! Can't believe that Trish saved them all, and now her stand powers have awakened, i am very curious about how she will use her power.

The most badass squad!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 9, 2019 4:31 AM
May 2016
PedroBV96 said:
Modernoir said:

He just made the analysis of the enemy's power, so as in the fight with Pesci and Prosciutto, and this last fight with Notorious BIG. He didn't do anything else.

M8 they literally would not have been able to keep track of Zucchero's whereabouts if it weren't for the fly Giorno created.
Apr 9, 2019 5:52 AM

May 2016
I'm surprised that Spice Girl turned out to be a sentient-type like Act 3 and the way she encouraged Trish to take the risks all the way reminds me a lot of how Personas talk to their users when they first awaken along with the drastic confidence boost to their personality.

When I first heard about Spice Girl's ability without knowing how it worked in the manga, I couldn't think of many practical uses to it but seeing how effective it was against Notorious B.I.G was impressive. It's still crazy that there's still a Stand crashing in the waves and sinking ships out there even after the events of Vento Aureo.

She was pretty much holding Giorno's hand for most of the episode ♥ I was so excited to hear her first "Wannabe!" in the anime and that unexpected Arrivaderci was a great bonus.

The Boss is getting more and more troubled about how close they're all getting towards the truth and the consequences of his past carelessness is chasing him faster than [N o t o r i o u s C h a s e] itself.

Apr 9, 2019 6:27 AM
Jan 2016
Grimmgeta said:
I love how every time this guy gets proven wrong he just continues to move the goalpost and goes "BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS HUH?!" Not to mention I can't even tell what the hell you're saying half the time. You're literally hopeless dude, just stop.

And I laugh a lot every time you think you refuted anything I said, like this time about Giorno doing teamwork with others in situations where the only thing he did was providing information. I'm sure you haven't seen all my posts. And by the way, this time I ADMITTED to be wrong about the instances of teamwork in this part, when I said there were only 2 and they stated more. But they didn't refute me about Trish change in this episode.
PedroBV96Apr 9, 2019 6:42 AM
Apr 9, 2019 6:36 AM
Jan 2016
Modernoir said:

M8 they literally would not have been able to keep track of Zucchero's whereabouts if it weren't for the fly Giorno created.

I'm not denying Giorno's contribution, but he still didn't do anything else. The ones who did coordinated actions were Abbacchio and Bruno.
PedroBV96Apr 9, 2019 6:40 AM
Apr 9, 2019 7:24 AM
Jul 2014
>Says I didn't refute anything
>Immediately follows up with "but I admitted to be wrong about the instances of teamwork in this part"

Gotta love the contradictions, you do this a lot.

You start off with some baseless nitpick in almost every thread, most of the time the nitpick not even being true, and then you use that as an excuse to start shit with people because I guess your ego just needs a weekly boost and you're using JoJo to help fuel it. Very rarely have I ever seen you post legitimate criticism.

Then when several people push back, you constantly have to move the goalpost further and further back, because you know you're wrong, but you can never fully admit it. You have done this in almost every single thread regarding Part 5. You continue to do it. It's actually quite amazing that you've been able to find a way to derail discussions in these episodes threads as many times as you have.

Of course it's quite easier to get away with something like this on MAL. If you tried this on the JoJo reddit, I can guarantee most of your "arguments" wouldn't go very far at all.
Apr 10, 2019 8:45 AM

Aug 2018
So I just compared the title of next episode with the manga chapters and indeed they are going to show that flashback way earlier than in the manga. Interesting choice.
Apr 10, 2019 9:45 AM
Oct 2018
OverHeavenAZ said:
So I just compared the title of next episode with the manga chapters and indeed they are going to show that flashback way earlier than in the manga. Interesting choice.

I hope so, that would be a full episode of Doppio who will finally get the attention he deserves. Honestly the flashback would have more contest now than later, because in the manga was a bit anticlimatic
Apr 10, 2019 12:04 PM
Jan 2016
Grimmgeta said:

>Says I didn't refute anything

You haven't made a reply of any of my posts, not even quoted them.

Grimmgeta said:

Immediately follows up with "but I admitted to be wrong about the instances of teamwork in this part"

I firstly mentioned there were only 2 times where the characters were doing teamwork in fights, @Supersonic_speed made a list of combats, and by thinking about each one of them, I concluded to be certainly wrong about the number of times the characters were doing teamwork.

Grimmgeta said:

Gotta love the contradictions, you do this a lot.

You start off with some baseless nitpick in almost every thread, most of the time the nitpick not even being true, and then you use that as an excuse to start shit with people because I guess your ego just needs a weekly boost and you're using JoJo to help fuel it. Very rarely have I ever seen you post legitimate criticism.

So, you think the flashbacks have been placed in the most proper place, the characters have no plot-armor, the first two assassins were not acting like idiots despite having years of experience on the thing they do, the boss wasn't stupid for not killing them all when he could, or at least the ones who could track him, and the change of Trish in this episode was properly forshadowed.

Grimmgeta said:

Then when several people push back, you constantly have to move the goalpost further and further back, because you know you're wrong, but you can never fully admit it. You have done this in almost every single thread regarding Part 5. You continue to do it. It's actually quite amazing that you've been able to find a way to derail discussions in these episodes threads as many times as you have.

Sure, I was the one who complained about the torture dance not being shown in episode 6, and think Fugo was developed in episode 13. They really refuted what I said in those instances.

Grimmgeta said:

Of course it's quite easier to get away with something like this on MAL. If you tried this on the JoJo reddit, I can guarantee most of your "arguments" wouldn't go very far at all.

The most you can do is reporting me to the admins and expect to ban me from the platform. And I seriously wonder why they have not done it yet, if I'm so self-contradictory and triggred them to the point I have multitudes against every time I make a post.
Apr 10, 2019 3:21 PM
Jul 2014
^ Literally my first reply to you was in regards to the teamwork crap that you were spouting, so yes, I did reply to you. I was also the first one to do so.

"So you think blah blah" - Right, so first off, probably best not to put words in my mouth when I specifically said I haven't bothered to post in these discussions up until now. If this is your way of just saying "but I have posted legitimate criticism! look!" I'm certainly not seeing much here because outside of flashback placement, (which mainly I only have an issue with Mista's) I don't necessarily agree with the rest of what you've written there.

I have no idea what you're even trying to say in regards to the torture dance and Fugo. I also fail to see how that even addresses what I said there in regards to you constantly moving the goalpost further and further back when people push you on the things you say and how a lot of the time you're just derailing the thread.

I wasn't talking about reporting you to the admins. I said your arguments go further on here than a place like the JoJo reddit or hell, even r/anime, because most MAL discussions on anime, unless they are very popular, aren't getting hundreds of replies. You get some pushback on here for the things you're saying, but it'd be even more so on a place where JoJo is the main talking point, because that's where most of the manga readers are, the people that have been with the series for years and years.
Apr 10, 2019 4:01 PM
Jan 2016
Grimmgeta said:
^ Literally my first reply to you was in regards to the teamwork crap that you were spouting, so yes, I did reply to you. I was also the first one to do so.

Like I said before, you didn't quote it. But you're right, you were the first one. Although I think @Supersonic_speed placed it better than you.

Grimmgeta said:

"So you think blah blah" - Right, so first off, probably best not to put words in my mouth when I specifically said I haven't bothered to post in these discussions up until now. If this is your way of just saying "but I have posted legitimate criticism! look!" I'm certainly not seeing much here because outside of flashback placement, (which mainly I only have an issue with Mista's) I don't necessarily agree with the rest of what you've written there.

I have no idea what you're even trying to say in regards to the torture dance and Fugo. I also fail to see how that even addresses what I said there in regards to you constantly moving the goalpost further and further back when people push you on the things you say and how a lot of the time you're just derailing the thread.

Remember when I said that I was sure that you haven't seen all my posts? Guess what? You have proved it!
PedroBV96Apr 11, 2019 9:31 AM
Apr 10, 2019 5:36 PM
Jul 2014
^ Okay, first off, when you said "all my posts" I figured you meant in this actual thread, which I have. If you're talking about in every single thread that you've posted in, yeah I've read most of them actually. The part where I say "I have no idea what you're even trying to say in regards to the torture dance and Fugo" is mainly due to your sentences not being coherent enough. I can only assume English is not your first language. Having said that, it's rather silly that you think someone is going to fully remember some post you made literally months ago at this point, especially if you aren't going to bother to restate whatever the hell your point was.

Anyway, you're basically just ignoring my initial arguments at this point and have just resulted in going "See! You proved my point!" when all you're doing is helping strengthen my argument of how you go about trying to debate people. Not that I'm really surprised by this, you've been doing it for months now.
Apr 11, 2019 5:39 AM
Jan 2016
Grimmgeta said:

^ Okay, first off, when you said "all my posts" I figured you meant in this actual thread, which I have. If you're talking about in every single thread that you've posted in, yeah I've read most of them actually. The part where I say "I have no idea what you're even trying to say in regards to the torture dance and Fugo" is mainly due to your sentences not being coherent enough. I can only assume English is not your first language. Having said that, it's rather silly that you think someone is going to fully remember some post you made literally months ago at this point, especially if you aren't going to bother to restate whatever the hell your point was.

When I said "all my posts" I was clearly including the ones from previous episode forums, that's why I didn't say something like "my posts in this episode forum".
And something really silly is that you pretend to label all the things someone has said as "baseless nitpick that most of the times is not even true" when you don't even remember the things that someone said earlier.

Grimmgeta said:

Anyway, you're basically just ignoring my initial arguments at this point and have just resulted in going "See! You proved my point!" when all you're doing is helping strengthen my argument of how you go about trying to debate people. Not that I'm really surprised by this, you've been doing it for months now.

You think that putting names of stands and label someone as "needlessly persistent" is making an argument?

You were mostly stating conclusions than actual arguments. And when I was discussing with @HereticHunter about Trish change feeling sudden in this episode (this was in fact the first thing I was talking about in this episode forum, but I'm sure you didn't even checked it out), the guy ended proving me right. And that is something none of the others, including you, have refuted me.
PedroBV96Apr 11, 2019 9:32 AM
Apr 11, 2019 8:13 AM

Sep 2016
If only they had done justice to the most impressive scenes to me when I was reading the manga……
A. The Spice Girl “kissing” Trish scene was cut. I like their fabulous poses in the manga.
B. The visual impact of the scene where B.I.G. became huge when Trish turned over was not as strong as it was in the manga panel. I was shocked by how large B.I.G. became when reading the manga, but the way anime built up the tension and revealed the shapeshift didn’t give me the same vibe.
C. Same situation happened to the scene where Trish ran into the cab and Buccellati got surprised by how highly expandable the door became.

Anyways, can’t wait to see our lovely boi next ep.
Apr 11, 2019 10:05 AM
Jul 2014
PedroBV96 said:
Grimmgeta said:

When I said "all my posts" I was clearly including the ones from previous episode forums, that's why I didn't say something like "my posts in this episode forum".
And something really silly is that you pretend to label all the things someone has said as "baseless nitpick that most of the times is not even true" when you don't even remember the things that someone said earlier.

Grimmgeta said:

You think that putting names of stands and label someone as "needlessly persistent" is making an argument?

You were mostly stating conclusions than actual arguments. And when I was discussing with @HereticHunter about Trish change feeling sudden in this episode (this was in fact the first thing I was talking about in this episode forum, but I'm sure you didn't even checked it out), the guy ended proving me right. And that is something none of the others, including you, have refuted me.

I've literally seen other people call your complaints nitpicks, so don't pretend as if I'm the only one saying it. And no, it isn't silly. You bring up a vague point in broken English and expect me to know what the hell you're talking about. I then bring up the point that you didn't even bother to restate whatever that argument was considering it was months ago and here you are still not doing it. It's also quite funny that you have to dig up some argument from months ago to try and even make a point in the first place.

Considering the names of the stand battles are the exact battles that you already said that you admitted to saying you were wrong about? Yeah, I'd say that's perfectly fine. It's not anyone's fault here but your own that you can't remember what went down in a JoJo fight. Guess you weren't paying much attention when you watched it? That would explain why you come up with all these random complaints almost every damn week and can't let go when people push you on them. So yeah, you are needlessly persistent.

But no, regardless of what anyone tells you, you just go with the usual "Oh, you're just proving me right" or "See! you can't refute me!", and then when people do, you do exactly what I'm accusing you of. You move the goalpost further and further back and try to come up with any other reason that you can as to why you're correct and everyone else isn't. And even in the rare instance of you admitting wrongness, there's always something else that you want to complain about. It doesn't end with you, and clearly it never will.
Apr 11, 2019 1:07 PM
Jan 2016
Grimmgeta said:

I've literally seen other people call your complaints nitpicks, so don't pretend as if I'm the only one saying it.

You are the one who is doing it now.

Grimmgeta said:

And no, it isn't silly. You bring up a vague point in broken English and expect me to know what the hell you're talking about.

You said you have read most of my posts and when I made a mention of two of them you don't know what I'm talking about? Genius!

Grimmgeta said:

I then bring up the point that you didn't even bother to restate whatever that argument was considering it was months ago and here you are still not doing it.

Ok. Now to make it clear, here is what I said in the episode 6 forum:

No one made a reply of it.

And here is what I said in the episode 12 forum (I firstly thought it was 13):

First reply:

Second reply:

Third reply:

My reply to @OverkilledRed:

My reply to @ketchupfan:

Fourth reply:

My reply to @SixPistols:

Now tell me if I was just moving the goalpost there.

Grimmgeta said:

Considering the names of the stand battles are the exact battles that you already said that you admitted to saying you were wrong about? Yeah, I'd say that's perfectly fine.

Imagine if you also have putted any of the following stand names: Kraft Work, Little Feet and Babyface. Do you think that your "argument" would be crystal clear if you included any of these names? Of course not. And by the way, you made the mistake of including Notorious BIG in your list, when there was absolutely no teamwork when they faced Notorious BIG. Mista and Narancia were knocked out practically in an instant, Giorno made the analysis of his power and lost both forearms, and Trish is the one who ended beating it, by herself.
PedroBV96Apr 11, 2019 1:10 PM
Apr 11, 2019 2:25 PM
Jul 2014
Jesus christ you are stubborn. And once again you choose to pick only certain parts of my post out because you're desperate. On top of that, clearly your reading comprehension isn't up to snuff. For the third time, since apparently twice isn't enough for you, you made a vague point in a sentence that was wasn't very coherent. It also was something from months ago, which is sad in of itself that you're having to bring up something from months ago to use as some sort of evidence(and I'm going to get to that point in this very post) as if it's some sort of gotcha, when it isn't. But now that you've actually restated what it was, let's get to it.

Like in episode 02, the flashback of Abbacchio is misplaced, but the movement between the flashback and the actual moment is better. His stand has a very interesting ability and the movements of Bruno are properly anticipated. From my viewpoint, is pretty better than episode 02.

What I don't understand is the complaining about no dance in this episode. What is the point of complaining about something that could even be not shown? Like if the anime has to show everything that is in the manga, or that the dance will make the character who will do it, more deep or interesting.

You're comparing Giorno's flashback to Abbacchio's flashback here. The complaint makes no sense as both flashbacks are at the very beginning of the episode and when they end they both lead into fights. There's literally no difference between the two.

The torture dance is just you complaining about others being disappointed that it wasn't in episode 6. That's literally all that is. People wanted to see a moment from the manga, but it ended up being shown an episode later, that's it. It's pretty common for manga readers of any series to be excited for upcoming moments, that's all that was.

So yeah, if this is the argument you've been trying to sell to me, it's a nothing burger. There's basically nothing noteworthy here in terms of criticism. Which proves my entire point of you finding random crap to argue about.

Lets move on to this next point of yours.

Member of the assassination team who appeared out of nowhere, misplaced flashback who makes completely unnecessary the infodump about Fugo, and a pedophile teacher? Well, I'm sure there will be those who only focus on the good work the studio is doing.

So first thing that jumps out to me here, is you trying to imply that fans of the show ignore anything negative and only focus on the positive. I guess if people aren't constantly complaining about something like you do, then that means they don't have any issues. So right off the bat, you're basically trying to straw man people. Not a good way to argue.

Obviously the assassins aren't appearing out of nowhere. They're tracking Passione. We've seen how they communicate through phones and laptops. What you should have criticized was the convenience of the mirror being there for Illuso to use his ability ahead of time. It's never explicitly stated if the mirror was always there or if Illuso put it there(most assume the latter), but it's a convenience nonetheless. Is it a deal breaker for the fight however? Of course not. It's a minor, you guessed it, nitpick. It could have been done a bit better, but it's not the end of the world.

So lets move on FINALLY to something that you actually have a bit of a point about. The placement of Fugo's flashback. This is Fugo's only fight in the series, so clearly it needs to be placed in the episode it was placed, BUT would it have worked better at the beginning of the episode like the show did for Giorno and Abbacchio? I say yes. Flashbacks can work in the middle of high-tension moments, but considering the content that ended up being shown in Fugo's flashback, it works better placing it in the beginning, and then it can lead up to his initial confrontation with Illuso. The info dump is extremely minor and is just two panels in the manga. It existed because Fugo doesn't have a backstory in the manga. So should David Pro have cut that small exchange between Illuso and Fugo in the anime? Probably, but it hardly has an effect on the episode in terms of runtime. Regardless, congratulations, you made a criticism that actually has some merit to it.

Looking through the replies people sent to you:

Ketchupfan is correct, the flashback is mostly DP. Nothing he said there was stupid though, so your reply to him is unwarranted.

OverkilledRed literally calls you out and calls your complaints random and shallow, which he is correct on, because the majority of your complaints are. The Fugo flashback just happens to be one of the rare instances where you actually provided some legitimate criticism of an episode.

HobGoblin2099 begins his reply to you with "I'll give your comments some merit this time". In other words, he's telling you that previous criticisms you had before the one you're making about Fugo weren't worth his time because he thought they were bad criticisms. But he's actually engaging with you here because he thought you finally made a decent point about something. So once again, we have another person who is of the same mindset as me that think MOST of your arguments aren't worth anything.

SixPistols actually disagrees with your criticism, which is fine, someone with another perspective on the matter. He's actually okay where the flashback was, but didn't like most of the content in it. I personally think he sells the flashback a bit short, as it does show us more than just Fugo's anger issues. But he at least puts forth some actual reasoning that makes sense in his argument, so there's nothing inherently wrong with what he said. He then just goes into his thoughts on Abbacchio and Narancia's flashbacks, again, nothing wrong there. He's just using actual examples to help support his point, the proper way to do things.

So lets get to this last little part of your post, in regards to my very first reply to you about teamwork.
So your first sentence to me is, to be blunt, stupid. Gee, I wonder why I didn't mention Kraftwerk, Little Feet, or Babyface to you in my reply. Could it be because those are all 1v1 fights with no teamwork involved(outside of the com channel bit with Giorno and Mista at the start of Kraftwerk)? What merit would my argument have if I had used those in my reply? Literally none. Hence why I didn't use them. If that was your attempt at another gotcha, my god it was a poor one.

And lastly we have you mentioning the fact that I do bring up Notorious B.I.G. So why did I bring up that fight? Isn't that fight mostly focusing on Trish than anything else? Yep. So why did I use it as an example? Because it still has elements of teamwork in it.

I'll use a bit of an analogy to start off, since I used to play sports. You're playing basketball, and a couple of your teammates are on the court with you, but they don't contribute nearly as much as the rest do. They shoot the ball once or twice, they pass a few times, but their overall contribution to the end result of the game was minimal at best. Are they still a part of the team? Did they still contribute in some way? The answer is yes.

Mista and Narancia do something, however minimal it was, Giorno does a bit more, and actually figures out how Notorious B.I.G works. Him figuring it out is what saved Trish from getting attacked in the first place, and he then sends Notorious B.I.G. out of the plane to where the stand then has to fight to get back in. So Trish now has knowledge of this stand thanks to the work Giorno did. You can even argue that Abbacchio is indirectly contributing because he's the one flying the plane in the first place. He's the one that's enabling this fight to even take place. And in hindsight, it was a blessing in disguise and it allowed them to put Notorious B.I.G. into the ocean. So yes, there are elements of teamwork in that fight. The contributions just happened to be earlier on in the fight, but it was a group effort that led to the defeat of the stand.

So are we done now? Is this sufficient enough for you? Because this was honestly a waste of my time. My stance on you and the way you act in these threads hasn't changed, and you've done nothing here that makes me feel otherwise. We've got a new episode coming out tomorrow, and I can say I'm most certainly looking forward to that more than whatever other excuses you want to use as to why nobody knows JoJo better than you. I'll admit though, the thought of you actually believing that is just hilarious to me.

GrimmgetaApr 11, 2019 2:51 PM
Apr 11, 2019 4:45 PM
Jan 2016
Grimmgeta said:

Yes we are over. Just wait the ending of the series when the broken power up comes out, AND I WILL BE THERE TO POINT IT OUT.
Apr 11, 2019 6:08 PM

Aug 2017
PedroBV96 said:
Grimmgeta said:

Yes we are over. Just wait the ending of the series when the broken power up comes out, AND I WILL BE THERE TO POINT IT OUT.

And nobody will give a flying rats ass...... well not when you say it. I'll listen to someone else.
SlimcoderApr 11, 2019 6:12 PM
I used to be a watchmaker.
Apr 13, 2019 8:47 PM

Nov 2011
This is a bad news for Abacchio, The Boss is obviously will try to get rid of him first.. I have a feeling that he will be the next Kakyoin ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM

» Group Standings

yungpowerpole - Jan 14

10 by baryaakov555 »»
Jan 20, 8:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.