Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 5, 2019 4:11 PM

Aug 2016
eWEQRW123123 said:
What happened to the last member of the assassin group?
Either next ep or the one after that he rejoins the plot, don't worry
Apr 5, 2019 4:13 PM

Nov 2018
Spicy Girl, her theme song and the groupe posing was good. The rest not so much.

End fight with N.B was disapointing, he deserved better.

They tried to develop Trish but she's still pretty weak for me: I don't buy this badass act in a second. Hope Stone Ocean will improve in terms of female characters.

The scene with the boss was quite shit and really made him feel like a miserable loser who spend his time running away, always anxious about his identity. I really miss Dio and The Pillar Men, especially compare to this clown. 25 episodes in and he still hasn't do anything really impressive...

Also will Abbacchio have a big fight for himself for once ? Like everyone had their big fight except him. And if he has one, please don't kill him because that ending made me concerned for him. He's too funny as a tsundere to die!
Apr 5, 2019 4:41 PM

Apr 2016
Spice Girl looks really great in the anime! I'm happy we've finally seen her ability, it seems silly at first but its actually super useful!
Apr 5, 2019 4:46 PM
Sep 2018
Best Boy Doppio next episode. Can't wait to see the Metallica fight animated, it's gonna be one of the bloodiest ones yet.

Come to think of it, Vento Aureo has a lot of extremely graphic moments in general. Losing several liters of blood in each battle is pretty standard for Jojo, but these guys are getting their limbs violently amputated every other day.
Apr 5, 2019 4:46 PM
Jul 2014
Fantastic episode for Trish(and I'll happily debate anyone that says otherwise). Feels good to finally have a female stand user as a part of a JoJo main cast.
Apr 5, 2019 4:57 PM

Jul 2014
TARDISES said:
We don't know it's completely invincible. Only that none of the abilities the group's Stands had were enough to actually deal significant damage to it.

I get the feeling Cream or The Hand might actually be able to outright delete Notorious B.I.G. but nothing else would work. Probably not even Purple Haze's virus, due to Notorious B.I.G.'s nature as a posthumous Stand

Cream could probably do it since it's just a giant moving sphere of destruction that B.I.G. would jump into. The Hand would be a bit hard-pressed given that attacking would cause B.I.G. to react to the movement and try to eat its arm.
Apr 5, 2019 5:34 PM

Oct 2018
This arc was my favourite so far.
TRISH DID SOMETHING AND AWAKENED HER STAND WHOOO.

It was great to see trish fight for a change and Bucciarati's reaction to Trish' stand was priceless if you ask me. Amazing episode 6/5.

I really thought the boss would kill that poor woman in the end, glad he didn't. Also it seems like we finally get to know this Doppio character in the next episode. Can't wait!
Apr 5, 2019 6:00 PM

May 2016
The way Trish was developed this episode implied she always had a more daring and, well, spicy side to her but that never came to light becaose of her hesitation.

Is not that she suddenly acquired those traits, she was always like that deep inside.

That hidden side of hers was then brought to light through her Stand which started acting because Trish herself was slowly losing her hesitation.

With that in mind I don't think there was anything undeniably wrong with her development. Personally I think it was good.
HyperLApr 5, 2019 6:05 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 5, 2019 6:05 PM
Apr 2016
Di-Ansatsu said:
Spicy Girl, her theme song and the groupe posing was good. The rest not so much.

They tried to develop Trish but she's still pretty weak for me: I don't buy this badass act in a second. Hope Stone Ocean will improve in terms of female characters.

The scene with the boss was quite shit and really made him feel like a miserable loser who spend his time running away, always anxious about his identity. I really miss Dio and The Pillar Men, especially compare to this clown. 25 episodes in and he still hasn't do anything really impressive...

Also will Abbacchio have a big fight for himself for once ? Like everyone had their big fight except him. And if he has one, please don't kill him because that ending made me concerned for him. He's too funny as a tsundere to die!

You'll be pleasantly surprised as to how well-written the female characters are in the later parts.

Also your complaint about the boss' scene is stupid because he IS a miserable, paranoid loser who spends his time running away. He hasn't done anything impressive? Have you even seen the whole Mystery of King Crimson Arc?
Apr 5, 2019 6:06 PM

Oct 2015
That was impressive of Trish on her first fight, considering it was the first time she used her stand. I'm starting to like her, because she has evolved from that stuck up useless timid look. Hope she marries Bucciarati or Giorno at the end!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 5, 2019 6:15 PM
Nov 2014
Paralysis said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:
wtf stands can have conversations now?

It wouldn't be the first time. ^^^

"Okay master! let's kill dat hoe! Beetch!"
Apr 5, 2019 6:43 PM

Mar 2019
I feel like it's impossible to dislike any of the 6. I wish Fugo did not leave because his back story was touching. I love all of the parts but I think the fight scenes in part 5 are outstanding and the enemies are scary as well.
Apr 5, 2019 6:49 PM

Mar 2016
IdleSolution said:
I will never get the "talking to your own stand thing". How does it even work, stands are spiritual powers so you are basically talking to yourself but Spicy Girl seems to have consciousness and knows things that arent known to Trish

I think it's different for most people, in Trish's case she really needed a pep talk, so she gave herself one
Apr 5, 2019 6:51 PM

Jun 2014
Trish finally awakened and used her Stand ability and man, that was pretty impressive for her first actual fight.

I was also really interested in the scene with the boss, and it's obvious from that scene that things will get crazier from this point forward.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 5, 2019 7:49 PM

Dec 2017
Oh boy ~ time to see my boy Doppio
Apr 5, 2019 8:32 PM

Feb 2016
PedroBV96 said:
I'm sure many are going to think that Trish got development in this episode, but her "development" seems so sudden that feels more like an asspull.

I mean, since the Grateful dead battle she has been getting more aware to stands and questioning her role in this part. How is her development "sudden" and an asspull?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 5, 2019 8:47 PM

Dec 2014
I just noticed this Easter egg

From this episode

From previous episode

Send me Friend requests!!!!
Apr 6, 2019 12:24 AM

Oct 2018
Trump_Card said:

From this episode

From previous episode

They added Spice Girl near King Crimson too. They'll add new stands to the pillar as anime goes on
Apr 6, 2019 1:45 AM

Jun 2009
Doppio hype next week. Can't wait for that fun to watch motherfucker.
Apr 6, 2019 1:56 AM

Nov 2018
Tsukizono said:

You'll be pleasantly surprised as to how well-written the female characters are in the later parts.

Also your complaint about the boss' scene is stupid because he IS a miserable, paranoid loser who spends his time running away. He hasn't done anything impressive? Have you even seen the whole Mystery of King Crimson Arc?

That's good to hear. And yeah I saw the Mystery of King Crimson Arc and while I liked it because of how brave/smart Bucciarati was, I wasn't impressed with the boss performance. Didn't kill Trish when he had the chance, got Mafuba by the Turtle, had to let the heroes go when he was overpowered and whined everytime he had the chance. Not very impressive and yeah, maybe that's the point of his character but it still doesn't change the fact that I don't respect him as an antagonist.
Apr 6, 2019 4:31 AM
Apr 2016
Di-Ansatsu said:
Tsukizono said:

That's good to hear. And yeah I saw the Mystery of King Crimson Arc and while I liked it because of how brave/smart Bucciarati was, I wasn't impressed with the boss performance. Didn't kill Trish when he had the chance, got Mafuba by the Turtle, had to let the heroes go when he was overpowered and whined everytime he had the chance. Not very impressive and yeah, maybe that's the point of his character but it still doesn't change the fact that I don't respect him as an antagonist.

I see. Well he's a very paranoid guy. I hope you change your opinion of him in the upcoming few episodes because there aren't many arcs left until the finale.
Apr 6, 2019 5:00 AM
Nov 2015
Trish was badass as hell in that episode, now I'm even more hyped.
Amber Brett
Apr 6, 2019 5:49 AM

Jul 2016
Trump_Card said:

From this episode

From previous episode

They hve been adding them into every ending since the start... Trishs stand was added as well
Apr 6, 2019 7:19 AM
Jan 2016
HereticHunter said:

I mean, since the Grateful dead battle she has been getting more aware to stands and questioning her role in this part. How is her development "sudden" and an asspull?

How much screen time did she have up until this episode to actually see her thinking about all the stuff around her and changing gradually?
Apr 6, 2019 9:12 AM

Feb 2016
PedroBV96 said:
HereticHunter said:

How much screen time did she have up until this episode to actually see her thinking about all the stuff around her and changing gradually?

Enough imo, she started questioning stands in the Grateful dead arc, she hesitated before meeting his father, and now she's been influenced by Giorno's resolve (Said by Spice Girl herself). It would be nicer if she had more screentime, yes, but we have like 5 characters together that are also gradually developing as a team. You could say that Bruno may be responsible for her lack of screen time as he would hide her inside the turtle in order to protect her.
~Blackwall
Apr 6, 2019 11:58 AM
Jan 2016
HereticHunter said:

Enough imo, she started questioning stands in the Grateful dead arc, she hesitated before meeting his father, and now she's been influenced by Giorno's resolve (Said by Spice Girl herself). It would be nicer if she had more screentime, yes, but we have like 5 characters together that are also gradually developing as a team. You could say that Bruno may be responsible for her lack of screen time as he would hide her inside the turtle in order to protect her.

The fights are mostly with one of them fighting one or more enemies with little to no teamwork. And technically I said that her change FEELS sudden, because of the little screentime she have got up until now to actually see how she changed. Something you have just proved me right.
PedroBV96Apr 6, 2019 12:05 PM
Apr 6, 2019 12:18 PM

Dec 2014
wow a fan of trish and spicy girl///... nice
Apr 6, 2019 1:45 PM

Jun 2015
Trish: What's your name? What should I call you?

me: Crazy Bitch

Stand: Spice Girl

me: close enough
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 6, 2019 3:36 PM

Feb 2016
PedroBV96 said:
HereticHunter said:

The fights are mostly with one of them fighting one or more enemies with little to no teamwork. And technically I said that her change FEELS sudden, because of the little screentime she have got up until now to actually see how she changed. Something you have just proved me right.

Fair enough, but you called it an asspull which it might have given the wrong idea. (at least to me :P)

Still I woudln't call her change that sudden, is not as abrupt as Phos change in Houseki no Kuni tho. Although the latter is more justified. Like one reviewer said on Part 5's manga, If it were longer he could have had the time to develop their characters better instead of doing it in the background.
~Blackwall
Apr 6, 2019 6:13 PM
Jan 2016
HereticHunter said:

Fair enough, but you called it an asspull which it might have given the wrong idea. (at least to me :P)

Still I woudln't call her change that sudden, is not as abrupt as Phos change in Houseki no Kuni tho. Although the latter is more justified. Like one reviewer said on Part 5's manga, If it were longer he could have had the time to develop their characters better instead of doing it in the background.

And then you have those who complain about how streched part 3 was, when it is because of it that wee saw a lot of teamwork amongst the main characters and how they were changing.
Apr 6, 2019 8:41 PM

Feb 2017
They really did Spice Girl justice.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Apr 6, 2019 11:38 PM

Nov 2009
I kinda hoped being the boss' daughter, her stand would be more impressive. At least it doesn't have that psycho look though lol
Apr 7, 2019 8:15 AM

Jul 2014
eWEQRW123123 said:
What happened to the last member of the assassin group?

Risotto is still around. He's biding his time since the rest of his team died.

lihle808 said:
That was impressive of Trish on her first fight, considering it was the first time she used her stand. I'm starting to like her, because she has evolved from that stuck up useless timid look. Hope she marries Bucciarati or Giorno at the end!

She's only 15. Bit early to be thinking about marriage.

Trump_Card said:

Clash and Talking Head were added when their Stand Users died, too.
Apr 7, 2019 1:49 PM
Sep 2017
PedroBV96 said:
HereticHunter said:

And then you have those who complain about how streched part 3 was, when it is because of it that wee saw a lot of teamwork amongst the main characters and how they were changing.

Teamwork? Oh you mean when Jotaro handled 80% of the fights and Polnareff the 20%?
Apr 7, 2019 1:58 PM

Aug 2018
Supersonic_speed said:
PedroBV96 said:

Teamwork? Oh you mean when Jotaro handled 80% of the fights and Polnareff the 20%?

Yeah lol, part 5 by far has the most teamwork than any other part
Apr 7, 2019 8:09 PM
Jan 2016

Supersonic_speed said:

Kakyoin and Polnareff vs Hol Horse (Emperor) and J Geil (Hanged Man)
Avdol and Polnareff vs Cameo (Judgement)
Joseph and Avdol vs Maria (Bastet)
Jotaro and Joseph vs Darby younger (Atum)
Polnareff and Iggy vs Vanilla Ice (Cream)

We have even Hol Horse and Boingo doing teamwork.

OverHeavenAZ said:

There are only 2 fights so far that showed teamwork, and I challenge you to refute me.
Apr 7, 2019 9:31 PM
Jul 2014
^ Black Sabbath, Soft Machine, Man in the Mirror, White Album, Clash and Talking Head, Notorious B.I.G.
Someone could maybe make an argument for The Grateful Dead as well, but that one I'm more iffy on.

Anyway, I've avoided being a part of these JoJo discussions, but you are needlessly persistent. And you do it in almost every damn thread, it's tiring.
GrimmgetaApr 7, 2019 10:01 PM
Apr 7, 2019 11:47 PM
Sep 2017
PedroBV96 said:

Supersonic_speed said:

Kakyoin and Polnareff vs Hol Horse (Emperor) and J Geil (Hanged Man)
Avdol and Polnareff vs Cameo (Judgement)
Joseph and Avdol vs Maria (Bastet)
Jotaro and Joseph vs Darby younger (Atum)
Polnareff and Iggy vs Vanilla Ice (Cream)

We have even Hol Horse and Boingo doing teamwork.

OverHeavenAZ said:

There are only 2 fights so far that showed teamwork, and I challenge you to refute me.

Koichi and Giorno vs Black Sabbath
Giorno, Abbacchio and Bruno vs Soft Machine
Giorno, Fugo and Abbacchio vs Man in the Mirror
Mista and Bruno vs Pesci and Prosciutto
Giorno and Mista vs White Album
Giorno and Narancia vs Clash and Talking Head

Apr 8, 2019 4:13 AM
May 2016
CondemneDio said:
Meh, didn't really feel the mojo in this episode.

The part with the boss was cool at least.

Makes sense since Giorno was just a hand this episode, there'll be more moJo to come though :^)

What a good fuckin' ep, they absolutely nailed the horror-like tension for Biggie's scenes, but holy fuck Trish and Spice Girl were so much sassier than I remembered. Can we talk about Trish's theme for a sec? What a fucking banger, when it came blaring as Trish ran towards the cockpit with the color palette swapping straight during it, what a damn good moment.

DOPPIO NEXT WEEK BOYS
Apr 8, 2019 4:16 AM
May 2016
PedroBV96 said:
I'm sure many are going to think that Trish got development in this episode, but her "development" seems so sudden that feels more like an asspull.

Hardly, it's been built up for a while now that she's been wanting to be more than a damsel in distress for the group, did you not see the big scene between her and Bruno in the elevator? Or in last week's ep?
Apr 8, 2019 4:18 AM
May 2016
Di-Ansatsu said:

Hoooooooooooooooooooo boy, it's gonna be fun to see what your thoughts are on Bossu by the end of the part.
ModernoirApr 8, 2019 4:22 AM
Apr 8, 2019 7:33 AM
Jan 2016
Modernoir said:

Hardly, it's been built up for a while now that she's been wanting to be more than a damsel in distress for the group, did you not see the big scene between her and Bruno in the elevator? Or in last week's ep?

How many scenes like the ones you mentioned have she got up until now? Almost none. So her change of attitude in this episode feels sudden.
Apr 8, 2019 7:36 AM
Jan 2016
Supersonic_speed said:

Koichi and Giorno vs Black Sabbath

Here I agree.
But since Koichi isn't part of the team neither the gang, I don't take this into account.
It's still there anyway.

Supersonic_speed said:

Giorno, Abbacchio and Bruno vs Soft Machine

Giorno didn't fight with them.
Only Abbacchio and Bruno do the teamwork.
Anyway, this is in fact the first instance.

Supersonic_speed said:

Giorno, Fugo and Abbacchio vs Man in the Mirror

Here I agree too.

Supersonic_speed said:

They didn't fight together.
Mista went first and was knocked out.
Bruno ended killing both Pesci and Prosciutto.
By the way, Mista should have died in that moment.

Supersonic_speed said:

Giorno and Mista vs White Album

Here I agree too.

Supersonic_speed said:

Narancia ended killing both Tiziano and Squalo.

And obviously there is no teamwork in this last fight, since Trish is the one who does everything.

So yes, I was wrong. Excluding the one with Giorno and Koichi, there are more than 2.
PedroBV96Apr 8, 2019 7:45 AM
Apr 8, 2019 9:04 AM

Aug 2018
PedroBV96 said:

Narancia ended killing both Tiziano and Squalo.

Just because Narancia ended up killing both enemies doesn't mean Giorno didn't contribute to the fight. Him making a new tongue is actually what made it possible for Narancia to get rid of Talking Head
Apr 8, 2019 10:36 AM
May 2016
>"Giorno didn't fight with them.
Only Abbacchio and Bruno do the teamwork.
Anyway, this is in fact the first instance."
Did you forget that Bruno and Abbacchio would have had 0 indication of where Zucchero was on the boat if it weren't for Giorno turning Narancia's shoe into a fly?
Apr 8, 2019 1:35 PM
Sep 2017

Supersonic_speed said:

”They didn't fight together.
Mista went first and was knocked out.
Bruno ended killing both Pesci and Prosciutto.
By the way, Mista should have died in that moment.”

Sex Pistols can deflect bullets, what’s so special about blocking the bullets from going all the way into Mista’s skull? Also, one of the Sex Pistols was giving advice to Bruno through the whole fight, and I count that as teamwork.

Supersonic_speed said:

”They didn't fight together.
Narancia ended killing both Tiziano and Squalo.”

Giorno made the victory possible for Narancia, I count that as teamwork.

And I’m still a noob on this site, my quoting is probably ass
Apr 8, 2019 1:36 PM
Jan 2016
Modernoir said:

Did you forget that Bruno and Abbacchio would have had 0 indication of where Zucchero was on the boat if it weren't for Giorno turning Narancia's shoe into a fly?

He just made the analysis of the enemy's power, so as in the fight with Pesci and Prosciutto, and this last fight with Notorious BIG. He didn't do anything else.
Apr 8, 2019 2:12 PM
Jan 2016
Supersonic_speed said:

Sex Pistols can deflect bullets, what’s so special about blocking the bullets from going all the way into Mista’s skull? Also, one of the Sex Pistols was giving advice to Bruno through the whole fight, and I count that as teamwork.

There were three bullets, and even if the sex pistol took out the bullets, Mista was for more than 10 minutes with three holes in his head. He should have died then. And no, the only significant thing that sex pistol did was informing Bruno about Pesci's stand. Just providing vital information is not teamwork.

Supersonic_speed said:

Giorno made the victory possible for Narancia, I count that as teamwork.

No he didn't, because Narancia was bitten on his throat and didn't die because... plot-armor.
Apr 8, 2019 2:24 PM
Jan 2016
OverHeavenAZ said:

Just because Narancia ended up killing both enemies doesn't mean Giorno didn't contribute to the fight. Him making a new tongue is actually what made it possible for Narancia to get rid of Talking Head

They still didn't fight together. Giorno was basically a life insurance, not a fight partner.
PedroBV96Apr 9, 2019 6:51 AM
Apr 8, 2019 4:31 PM
Jul 2014
I love how every time this guy gets proven wrong he just continues to move the goalpost and goes "BUT WHAT ABOUT THIS HUH?!" Not to mention I can't even tell what the hell you're saying half the time. You're literally hopeless dude, just stop.
GrimmgetaApr 8, 2019 4:35 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM

» Group Standings

yungpowerpole - Jan 14

10 by baryaakov555 »»
Jan 20, 8:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.