Forum Settings
Forums

anyone love watching both subbed and dubbed?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 5, 2019 2:13 PM

Aug 2009

I watch both sub and dub. But I prefer dub and only watch subbed if a dub is not available. I prefer to watch shows not read them.
May 23, 2019 9:34 PM

Jul 2016
Dubbed is only good for sports anime and Yu-Gi-Oh!

And Spike Spencer as Shinji in Evangelion.
May 23, 2019 9:42 PM

Mar 2019
I will watch the voices in whatever language I think has the best performance and usually try all that are available.

I definitely don't rewatch it in a different language especially when it's a language I first passed over due to the inferior performance.

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
May 23, 2019 9:45 PM
Mar 2019
I normally watch subbed anime, but sometimes I like watching it dubbed when it's good.
May 23, 2019 10:05 PM

Aug 2018
I've found dubs to be almost universally worse. The two exceptions I've found are golden boy and garzey's wing, in both cases the absurdity of the dub added to the humor of the series. I've yet to find a dub which I prefer unironically. I have no issue with people that prefer dubs, I mean I understand the logic they're just not for me. But here's to hoping that the talent among english voice actors improves as the marketability of anime as a western product increases.
May 23, 2019 10:07 PM

Oct 2017
I like watching dub when I'm multitasking so I don't have to actually stare into the screen to know what's going on. But, when I'm really invested, I'll go with sub.
May 23, 2019 10:30 PM
Mar 2017
Yes! I love watching both. Usually, I watch dub. If I really dislike the voice acting though, I'll check out the sub version.
Fro example...Noragami. I started watching while only sub was available. Later on, I got curious and decided to try watching the dub version..

Uh...no. I just couldn't. I dont think it was because it was bad voice acting, but it was so much different than the original version.

As someone who enjoys both, I can't understand the people who claim sub is always better. There have been some amazing dub versions (Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, for one).
May 25, 2019 3:52 PM

Apr 2014
depends on series. things like pokemon etc i prefer dub. most other stuff subs
May 25, 2019 3:55 PM

May 2013
I strongly prefer subbed as I usually can't stand the dubbed voices but if it's good acting I don't mind having it on while doing stuff around the house.

I'll happily watch dubbed anime I loved as a kid, though (like Naruto, Fruits Basket, Studio Ghibli movies, etc)

Nate ©
May 25, 2019 4:00 PM
May 2017
dubbed is much better, subbed episodes are butthurt since you keep reading and can't enjoy watching the anime
May 25, 2019 4:01 PM

Mar 2017
I mostly watch dub, but I've certainly seen a handful of shows in subs.
May 25, 2019 4:09 PM

Apr 2015
I like both subbed and dubbed anime. There's a number of anime where I like the dubbed version more than the subbed version, after hearing both versions.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 25, 2019 5:06 PM

May 2019
I watch sub most of the time. I haven't watched too much dubbed anime but when I have the voice acting can often be too overdramatic and the words don't really match the tone of the voice.
May 25, 2019 5:31 PM
Aug 2018
Currently I watch Sub more than dub because the voice acting is way better then dub, but Cowboy Bebop (among a few others) is an exception where watching sub doesn’t make any sense what so ever because of it’s western influence. The only subs that I don’t like watching that take place in Japan is Perfect Blue and Steins Gate because of Mima Kirigoe’s and Faris’s Japanese voice, but other than that sub is the way to go for me.
May 25, 2019 6:22 PM
May 2019
Dubbed is much better in my opinion but yea both versions are fine tbh
May 25, 2019 7:24 PM
May 2012
I almost always watch subbed. The only exception so far has been the excellent dub of Cowboy Bebop.
May 25, 2019 7:26 PM

Aug 2018
I prefer watching dubbed over subbed in most cases. Sometimes I'm simply too impatient and I'll end up watching subs, or if it doesn't have dubs.

Sometimes I do subs just because, like Jojo's BA. I'm watching all of it subbed, and then for a rewatch I'll watch it dubbed.
warning this idiot is a professional retard
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 11 hours ago

26 by Oofmastre9000 »»
4 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

75 by L0bsterman »»
26 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Yesterday

21 by L0bsterman »»
29 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

117 by Kdog1998 »»
31 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

69 by MasterTasuke »»
58 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.