Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2019 9:48 PM

Nov 2016
Honestly, I'm all for having the perfect team where everyone is aktually good at the game and is nice to each other and the enemy team, but if I had this type of match every time I would honestly get bored. I need at least like 1 toxic ass match per 10 games where everyone roasts the shit out of each other in voice and text chats be it your ally or an enemy and maybe throw the game (this one a maybe I like the verbal toxicity better than aktually fucking the game up).
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 2019 10:01 PM

Jun 2016
You mean trashtalking/shit-talking? I think it can.
What about "toxic actions" ingame? Same basic thing I'd assume. Sometimes I teabag dead enemies in Planetside 2 (haven't played in a while though).
Apr 3, 2019 10:12 PM

Feb 2017
I fucking agree.

The fun increases tenfold when your playing against a player or team who were insulting or trolling with you. The match becomes intense. And when you actually win against them...man

GG2EZ.

Gotta give them the last burn LMFAO.

And if you lose just hackusate them or insult their family members on world chat. ^_-

Apr 4, 2019 7:15 AM

Jul 2015
Sometimes in battlefield you get these guys who are screaming their lungs out in voice chat. I don't think it's funny there, but oh boy is it funny when they spam chat. Especially when they are on your team, it's hardcore mode and you just teamkill the shit out of them because they are dicks and it's funny to make them suffer.

My fondest memories of battlefield are blowing up one of my teammates with C4 repeatedly because he was saying some racist shit in chat lmao. He got so mad it was unbelievable.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Apr 4, 2019 7:48 AM

Mar 2015
It's funny when they start insulting you in some eastern European language.
Apr 4, 2019 7:54 AM

May 2017
Well... if you are not a trash at the game, then toxicity is fun.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Apr 4, 2019 8:06 AM
Feb 2016
Not really. Granted, I do usually play more single-player based games, but when I do play multiplayer games, I generally prefer more chill communities where people aren't acting like complete dullards.

Apr 4, 2019 8:21 AM

Mar 2019
I do believe it most delicious when one's opponent erupt in rage after a loss and make incredulous sexual remark about one's maternal parent.

"Victory is a dish best seasoned with sour loser."

It is obvious that "obscenity" is not a term capable of exact legal definition; in the practice of the courts, it means "anything that shocks the magistrate".

— Bertrand Russell
Apr 4, 2019 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
Sometimes. For example in the Modern Warfare 2 days toxic trash talk was all too fun because the game didn't really rely on teamplay. Whereas a game like Overwatch the toxicity sucks ass because it is awful because your teammates can fuck over the whole team over very hard.
Apr 4, 2019 11:04 AM

Oct 2018
I don't really play games that much. Really only play CoD every once and awhile but it sucks nowadays cause everyone hides in party chat. I'm not really a shittalker, but i love it when people talk shit to me. Since i can just laugh at their stupidity 90% of the time.

i'm a worm
Apr 4, 2019 1:30 PM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
Yes, some of my favorite memories gaming are in games like COD and Halo are arguments, banter and general "toxic" behavior. I really miss talking with people no-one seems to even use in-game chat anymore its so boring playing solo.

Apr 4, 2019 1:32 PM

Sep 2015
Toxicity by default not. It wouldn't be called toxicity if it wouldn't poison the game.

Though some stuff are labelled as toxic which shouldn't.
Apr 5, 2019 12:21 AM
Jan 2015
Toxicity in general is lame during casual games, everyone is just trying to have fun.

I do enjoy some smack talk during esports matches though lol
Apr 5, 2019 12:32 AM

Nov 2008
Mirai said:
It's funny when they start insulting you in some eastern European language.
Made this video just for that.

Apr 5, 2019 1:09 AM

Aug 2016
I'm going to be honest one of the reasons I love to play league is because of the toxicity of the community, to me it's hilarious at how fragile everyone is.
Apr 5, 2019 1:18 AM

Nov 2016
It's the only reason to play online multiplayer.
Apr 5, 2019 6:49 AM

Oct 2009
i just hate it when people breathe heavily down the mic. lol
Apr 5, 2019 7:45 PM

Sep 2007
Not when you beat your friend's friend at Smash Bros. Brawl and he throws the Wiimote at your head.

Apr 5, 2019 9:34 PM

Aug 2018
I don't participate in trash talking but I do enjoy when my enemies start raging because they're getting crushed by my team. I get kind of pissed when people accuse me of cheating though. Just because they can't comprehend or do such a thing doesn't give them the right to throw baseless accusations. Those users are just trash.
<Insert clever quote>
Apr 6, 2019 4:12 AM

Jul 2014
Thread moved from Casual Discussion
Take care of yourself

Apr 6, 2019 4:39 AM

Feb 2015
As long as hacks aren't involved, it can be fun.

...in moderation.
Apr 6, 2019 6:33 AM

Apr 2016
Record it and make a youtube video out of it, there's how you know you can just profit from it
Apr 7, 2019 11:25 AM

Feb 2019
Definitely, it's what's making me want to quit Overwatch. Can't say what you want, you get banned. No custom sprays, that would be offensive. No dominations, only participation trophies (Free elim for anybody who grazed the enemy.) TF2 might have went off the rails a bit but it had freedom like no other game.
Apr 8, 2019 12:34 AM

Dec 2018
Oh yeah for sure. I love it when people send me angry messages in Halo because I always take the opportunity to mess with them. It doesn't happen that commonly but it feels like christmas whenever it does.
I MUST SOMEHOW MAKE SENSE OF OUR CONVOLUTED SITUATION
Apr 8, 2019 1:52 AM

Jan 2017
I'm speaking from a CSGO pov rn but...
Banter is good but if you're seriously bad at the game and the person is telling you how bad you are and what you're doing wrong you should probably take notice and improve
Apr 8, 2019 2:01 AM

May 2013
Taylor3112 said:
Sometimes. For example in the Modern Warfare 2 days toxic trash talk was all too fun because the game didn't really rely on teamplay. Whereas a game like Overwatch the toxicity sucks ass because it is awful because your teammates can fuck over the whole team over very hard.

That's almost what my post was going to be verbatim lol.

One toxic player can tank a team in Overwatch making the game unplayable, but being "Toxic" was a cornerstone of MW2's gameplay. It really depends on the game.
Apr 8, 2019 7:09 AM

Mar 2019
Guess it depends on how seriously you take it. When I played LoL i only played casually so didn’t really care and found it funny.

But I see why people wouldn’t like it playing competitively.

My anime review website: https://www.takanodan.net
Apr 8, 2019 7:31 AM

Nov 2017
Oh yes. Oh definitely yes, until it gets too serious. If you dont mind getting your own buttons pushed, then its fun to do the same sometimes. Some games practically revolve/thrive off of toxicity like Rainbow 6 Seige. I have fond memories of Modern Warfare 2 cancerous game chat as well. I try to be amicable in places like MAL and such though.
It's not like I like anime or anything.

Apr 8, 2019 8:48 AM

Aug 2015
xbox 360 game chat was fun as hell due to the toxicity
Apr 8, 2019 9:09 AM

Aug 2009
I play games to relax and get away from people's bullshit, not to voluntarily engage in people's enhanced bullshit. I had enough of that on GameTrailers' forums, so, I had my fun that way.

Apr 8, 2019 9:23 AM

Oct 2018
When I'm drunk it's funny to talk shit on the mic and listen to the toxicity. Aside from those moments I won't even touch multiplayer games.
Apr 8, 2019 3:09 PM

Mar 2019
I like to have a few video games that are just a complete trainwreck where your teammates are assholes.

Zombie Panic Source was like that, one of my favorite games of all time but nobody plays it anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2019 6:21 PM

May 2009
I find toxicity in game chat and stuff to be distasteful, and so I generally avoid doing it myself.

Besides, there's nothing more embarrassing than trash-talking someone then faceplanting in front of them. Not trash-talking them is an easy and simple way of avoiding this. If I'm a dirty noob I'm still a dirty noob, but if I actually play competently I get to no-sell them.

In any case I find myself more often keeping my digital mouth shut and focusing on the objective.

But sometimes I find it more fun to introduce silliness. Insulting other people is lame; goofing off is so much more fun.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 14, 2019 8:00 PM

Jul 2016
i never talk in games, unless i actually know the people. i've witnessed toxicity countless times but i usually
tend to steer clear of it or i just laugh at it. because salty people make me cringe and laugh a little inside.
i guess that's the only entertaining part to me - the fact that people get salty enough to say the silliest things.
but that aside, i just can't be bothered to talk to randoms in a game when i'd rather focus on the game.

grouper - no other

0:00 ●━━━━━━─────── 3:46

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

⁞⁞⁞ purple cause baal is my wife  ⁞⁞⁞
Apr 14, 2019 10:48 PM

Jul 2009
Only fun if you're not on the receiving end. Seeing my teammates or enemies squabble with each other gives me a chuckle, but there's nothing more annoying than having to deal with someone raging towards you.
Apr 15, 2019 1:00 AM

Mar 2017
Skittles said:
Only fun if you're not on the receiving end. Seeing my teammates or enemies squabble with each other gives me a chuckle, but there's nothing more annoying than having to deal with someone raging towards you.

Agreed. Especially when your teammate starts blaming you for losing the game, despite the fact that you're doing okay at best, and it was that particular teammate who costs the team the game, but due to incessant talking, he gets a free pass.

Nothing annoys me more than that. And i generally stay silent at games i played. Toxicity is best avoided to make a more healthy community.
It's time to play the Game folks!
Apr 15, 2019 2:29 AM

Aug 2018
If you mean coming from other users playing the same I'd say no xd
Apr 15, 2019 10:01 AM

Oct 2013
Back in my WC3 2v2 days, it used to be called trashtalking and we didn't have this many snowflakes. Yes, I'm looking at you Riot Games.
Apr 15, 2019 10:03 AM

Oct 2018
Only if it doesn't get too toxic to the point ya send death threats to each other or worse.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Apr 15, 2019 11:37 AM

Apr 2013
It does not. I just block peoples who are being toxic but there's always someone getting infuriated enough to stop playing and starting to answer the troll, which means that your team is guarranted to lose the game when it's a teamplay game.

I don't care when it's 1vs1; Toxicity in team vs team can be extremely annoying when peoples gets so mad they throw and their whole team gets punished for it.
Apr 15, 2019 12:29 PM

May 2009
Skittles said:
Yeah, seeing other people be stupid can be amusing, particularly if they're on the enemy side, but on the other hand, it doesn't stop being stupid just because it's amusing, and it's still poor sportsmanship.

Like, would you rather score a win because your opponents started infighting and became incompetent, or would you rather score a win because they played well but you played better? If all you want to do is to win and you don't care about anything else, at best they're equivalent in result, but it's also a lot less fun and less exciting to have a match where your opponents are just fumbling and you steamroll them without much effort in a game that's supposed to be competitive.
GlennMagusHarveyApr 15, 2019 12:34 PM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Apr 16, 2019 1:30 PM

May 2016
i've dealt with it a lot and most of the time i say something back making fun of them or calling them a retard for getting so mad at a game. i should probably stop tho since i'm sure that's what they want :x

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Apr 17, 2019 12:51 AM

Sep 2018
No, it just makes them pathetic because they are full of virgins banging on about how they banged your mum last night.

One kid tried that and I just said she'd be grateful at her age, then the kid asked why I wasn't mad and then threw a hissy fit himself. Kids insult people thinking they are cool but really they are just pathetic losers. You have to feel sorry for them.

However taking the piss in a LAN game is great with friends.
Apr 18, 2019 9:39 AM

Nov 2010
Toxicity is fun as long as I am not the target player. lol I enjoy it when my friends bicker with other players either on the same team or enemy team and I'm just in the background eating pop corn enjoying all the drama.
Apr 20, 2019 11:39 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
The only time toxicity ever would make a game funner is if its your opponents being toxic and you get the satisfaction of beating them and rubbing the win in their face enjoying them getting their payback for being so toxic.
Apr 20, 2019 11:49 PM

Oct 2015
i guess it can be since i find it funny that people get really mad over some game.
⠀     ‧     ⠀
Apr 21, 2019 12:06 AM
Dec 2010
I don't play multiplayer competitive games for the most part, the toxicity usually just create a very stressful and unfun game.

Although watching some youtube videos, I have seen some really creative toxic talk. Seriously, how these ppl think of such thing and make it so funny to 3rd party audiences is beyond me. Perhaps, they have lots of resentment in them.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Apr 21, 2019 1:31 AM

Jun 2016
It depends. It was funny in call of duty and I admit I really liked pissing people off in VoIP myself but at the same time idiots in chat made me hate games like league of legends.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 2, 2019 10:18 PM
Jun 2019
Honestly, for strangers, I prefer them being good and friendly.. idk why but I prefer my squadmates being toxic. It symbolizes friendship in my squad lololol
Jun 11, 2019 3:48 AM

Oct 2009
yes it does bby girl. but generation z has ruined it bro. now u get easily banned
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

51 by juanlqr »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite gaming cover art?

_Nette_ - 5 hours ago

0 by _Nette_ »»
5 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

4 by _Nette_ »»
5 hours ago

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

31 by Timeline_man »»
9 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
Yesterday, 2:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.