Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2019 3:14 PM

May 2016
I thought Zen was the obvious option for a shoujo manga, but after how Kiki and Mitsuhide ends, this have a faint scent of realism.

If we talk about reality, there is no way for her to end up with the prince (and hope they don't say that Shirayuki is royalty later or something), but is a manga shoujo so they can make something out...

What do you think? I'm rotting for Obi.
Apr 8, 2019 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
I hate love triangle and people tend to recommend this one to me. To me this is pretty much love triangle that I hate, but the reason I keep checking the update is to see those people who said this isn't love triangle cry when Obi comes into play, I still hate this manga though. The recent updates seem heavy ObixShirayuki. Come on author, I want to see some tears :>
Apr 24, 2019 9:50 AM
Apr 2019
It will undoubtedly be Zen. There’s never been any real triangle in the story. Only the allusion of one that’s present in all shoujo or shoujo-lite manga that’s only purpose in the end is to tease shippers. Zen and Shirayuki are in love with one another, which was reiterated just six chapters ago. They are, after all, the romantic core of this story and easily the most popular pairing in Japan. While Mitsuhide and Kiki’s relationship failure was surprising, theirs was only ever teased a handful of times throughout the manga. Akizuki isn’t going to do the same thing with the romantic cornerstone of this manga just so Shirayuki can end up with a side character that’s already accepted the fact that his feelings will never be requited.

Shirayuki will almost certainly be able to be a princess by Zen’s side and a pharmacist at the same time. Otherwise, Izana would never have sent them on these missions to prove themselves worthy for marriage. Zen and Shirayuki’s story has always been one about “a romance that cuts through fate” and that’s not going to be undercut at the end of the story all for a message about realism. Hopefully Obi is allowed to meet another character he can have a relationship with someday, rather than befalling the same nonsensical “forever alone” ending that Mitsuhide seems destined for.
Apr 26, 2019 8:58 AM
Apr 2019
I haven't seen any ObixShirayuki development myself, at least not of the romantic variety. Obi's own feelings have been alluded to, sure, but in a "this is why I protect her" sort of way. The actual development between Shirayuki and Obi has always been that of a deepening friendship (the "power of friendship" has always been a significant theme with the central five characters; sometimes more than the romance) and I can't foresee that ever changing. There's just no reason for it to do so when half of the manga's premise is Zen and Shirayuki's love story.
Arcterus28Apr 26, 2019 9:03 AM
Apr 26, 2019 9:46 AM

May 2016
Arcterus28 said:
It will undoubtedly be Zen. There’s never been any real triangle in the story. Only the allusion of one that’s present in all shoujo or shoujo-lite manga that’s only purpose in the end is to tease shippers. Zen and Shirayuki are in love with one another, which was reiterated just six chapters ago. They are, after all, the romantic core of this story and easily the most popular pairing in Japan. While Mitsuhide and Kiki’s relationship failure was surprising, theirs was only ever teased a handful of times throughout the manga. Akizuki isn’t going to do the same thing with the romantic cornerstone of this manga just so Shirayuki can end up with a side character that’s already accepted the fact that his feelings will never be requited.

Shirayuki will almost certainly be able to be a princess by Zen’s side and a pharmacist at the same time. Otherwise, Izana would never have sent them on these missions to prove themselves worthy for marriage. Zen and Shirayuki’s story has always been one about “a romance that cuts through fate” and that’s not going to be undercut at the end of the story all for a message about realism. Hopefully Obi is allowed to meet another character he can have a relationship with someday, rather than befalling the same nonsensical “forever alone” ending that Mitsuhide seems destined for.

No she can't be a princess and herbalist, but well I'm thinking in a more rational point of view. But you know, Shirayuki is the protagonist not Zen, so, she can end with him or not. I don't deny she can be with Zen and be a herbalist princess and the such but that would not make any sense.
Apr 28, 2019 2:24 PM
Aug 2018
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime

Hime (姫; [çime]) is the Japanese word for "princess", or more literally "demoiselle", i.e. a (usually young) lady of higher birth.

The title implies that she will become a princess. So if Obi doesn't turn out to be the prince of some country, it's pretty obvious that she would become the princess of Clarines.

LastLuminescence said:
(and hope they don't say that Shirayuki is royalty later or something)

Why not? It's quiet possible that she has some noble background.

I am still around chapter 30, so I don't know if it was ever brought up, but who was Shirayukis mother? Was she a commoner or maybe also a noble, like her father?

In chapter Ch 26 her father says:
"I used to be a noble from the west side of the kingdom. My bride to be... your mother, was sent to my uncle's home to become his wife." But well, he eloped with her, so I don't know how this affected his noble status.

(Btw., his uncle would have been the generation of his parents. But well, we don't know how old his wife was.)
Thinking back, I think the mangaka missed a great opportunity during the meeting of father-daughter to dive into her parents past.

Anyways, to sum it up, the title of the manga says that she will become a princess eventually, I doubt that Obi has a noble background, so that only leaves Zen.
It's said that her father used to be a noble and we don't know about her mother. If she had a certificate of her origin then she should have a sufficient social status to convince Izana that she is worthy of Zen.

But well, I still have "a few" chapters to read, so maybe my POV will change eventually.
tr25a3Apr 28, 2019 2:57 PM
Apr 29, 2019 12:50 AM

Oct 2017
Since chapter 1 it's been Zen and Shirayuki. So it better stay the same.
Apr 29, 2019 12:02 PM
Apr 2019
vahlia5 said:
If Shirayuki married Zen, she would have to give up herbalism. If she became Zen's princess, she wouldn't be happy.

I've seen a few ObixShirayuki fans taking similar hardline stances elsewhere recently and I find it pretty strange. Both of these statements are purely conjecture. Nothing in the text (at this point) supports such definitive positions, especially the notion of Shirayuki giving up herbalism.
Apr 29, 2019 8:26 PM
Apr 2019
vahlia5 said:
Arcterus28 said:

I've seen a few ObixShirayuki fans taking similar hardline stances elsewhere recently and I find it pretty strange. Both of these statements are purely conjecture. Nothing in the text (at this point) supports such definitive positions, especially the notion of Shirayuki giving up herbalism.

In Chapter 66, Lata, a scientist and noble, says that he "didn't match well with the world of aristocrats."

I have every confidence that, with Zen and the others' help, Shirayuki can succeed where Lata failed. Zen and Shirayuki's relationship is foreshadowed to ultimately represent the best of both worlds and I see no reason why that can't be achieved in the end.
Jun 4, 2019 10:31 AM

Jul 2016
But what would happen if Izana dies? Then Zeno could do whatever he wants lol
Jun 27, 2019 4:59 AM

Mar 2018
tr25a3 said:
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime

Hime (姫; [çime]) is the Japanese word for "princess", or more literally "demoiselle", i.e. a (usually young) lady of higher birth.

The title implies that she will become a princess. So if Obi doesn't turn out to be the prince of some country, it's pretty obvious that she would become the princess of Clarines.

LastLuminescence said:
(and hope they don't say that Shirayuki is royalty later or something)

Why not? It's quiet possible that she has some noble background.

My exact opinion ^_^/
Jun 28, 2019 8:25 PM
Jun 2019
Arcterus28 said:

I’m an Obiyuki shipper. About your point of Zen and Shirayuki being the endgame because they are the most popular pairing in Japan, I don’t think this is valid reason. Just look at Kiki and Mitsuhide.. according to the couple popularity ranking published in ch 50 of the manga, Kiki and Mitsuhide is at 2nd place. That means they are very popular among readers. But now, we all know that Kiki will get married to Hisame. So who says the same can’t happen to Zen and Shirayuki?
I also agree with the above comments that Shirayuki does not have to marry Zen to be a “hime”. Her mother’s identity is still unknown, so she could very be royalty. Another perspective is, Shirayuki does not have to be married to a prince to be a princess. If the author wants to make the story more inspiring, she could go along the line that “Shirayuki is her own story’s princess”, or “Obi would love and treat her like a princess”. It’s corny, but it could work 👍🏻💗

Obiyuki for the win!!🙏🏻💪🏻
Jun 28, 2019 9:53 PM

Sep 2010
I really hope Zen and Shirayuki becomes canon while I am really far behind in the manga I feel like their moments are just too adorable. I love Obi too, but I don't really care for ObiYuki if the mangaka does decide to make them a thing I'll be a bit disappointed honestly, but I guess I can accept it in the end cause Obi is a nice guy too. I just like Zen a lot more. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 29, 2019 4:10 AM
Jun 2019
Roloko said:
I really hope Zen and Shirayuki becomes canon while I am really far behind in the manga I feel like their moments are just too adorable. I love Obi too, but I don't really care for ObiYuki if the mangaka does decide to make them a thing I'll be a bit disappointed honestly, but I guess I can accept it in the end cause Obi is a nice guy too. I just like Zen a lot more. xD

I agree with you that Zen is a good person. In this manga, every main character is very mature and carries good intentions. That’s very inspiring actually :) But if we are talking about whether Zen or Obi is better for Shirayuki, I will give my vote to Obi. Zenyuki moments are cute, but their relationship arc seems to lack development.
Obi and Shirayuki, on the other hand, have deepened their care and trust to one another a lot. I don’t think the Mangaka (Akizuki sensei) would portray the relationship between Obi and Shirayuki so much just to make her end up with Zen. After all, it’s not necessary for male lead and female lead to be in love.
Jul 7, 2019 1:12 PM
Apr 2019
BlueYa_Chan said:
I’m an Obiyuki shipper. About your point of Zen and Shirayuki being the endgame because they are the most popular pairing in Japan, I don’t think this is valid reason. Just look at Kiki and Mitsuhide.. according to the couple popularity ranking published in ch 50 of the manga, Kiki and Mitsuhide is at 2nd place. That means they are very popular among readers. But now, we all know that Kiki will get married to Hisame. So who says the same can’t happen to Zen and Shirayuki?
I also agree with the above comments that Shirayuki does not have to marry Zen to be a “hime”. Her mother’s identity is still unknown, so she could very be royalty. Another perspective is, Shirayuki does not have to be married to a prince to be a princess. If the author wants to make the story more inspiring, she could go along the line that “Shirayuki is her own story’s princess”, or “Obi would love and treat her like a princess”. It’s corny, but it could work 👍🏻💗

The only point I'll contend with (since the rest is simply your preference) is that Zen and Shirayuki aren't just the most popular pairing in Japan; they're also the foundation of the manga and, unlike Kiki and Mitsuhide, already in a relationship. Kiki and Mitsuhide not yet being in one is the only reason I think the mangaka felt she could still pull out a surprise development for those characters. She won't do the same thing twice. If she did, the only satisfied fans left at the end would be the relatively niche ObiYuki shippers.

Roloko said:

Thankfully, their relationship is decidedly canon at this point. At least, as canon as a relationship can be without them being married or the manga having ended.
Jul 8, 2019 1:02 PM
Apr 2019
In my view, the first of those is a highly positive interpretation (she merely seemed surprised) and the others are relatively minor friendship-based interactions that are similar to those that other characters have with each other (such as Kiki and Zen) all the time. The handshake is unimportant to me, since Zen and Shirayuki had shared very romantic moments earlier in that arc. I don't begrudge your viewpoint though, since I've realized with many other media properties over the years that shippers of alternate pairings can view the text very differently than I usually do. At this point, we'll just have to agree to disagree and see who's right in the end.
Arcterus28Jul 8, 2019 1:10 PM
Jul 22, 2019 6:39 AM
Sep 2018
I hate the love triangle it tease so much. I just root for Zenxyuki and hope the manga end soon.
Jul 14, 2020 8:06 PM

Jan 2011
I hope it’s Zen because not only will it be embarrassing that Izana believed in Shirayuki and tried to give her an opportunity to prove herself so that she can marry Zen, the whole premise of Shirayuki’s journey will be pointless if in the end her feelings for Zen were just ephemeral.

It’s the relationship of Zen and Shirayuki that drew me to read this manga. It was one of solid trust and mutual affection. I love that their relationship seemed mature in the meeting of minds. The way they also cared for each other and their down to earth conversations made me like them as a couple. Quite frankly, I sorely miss their companionship in this manga because for me it was the strong point of the story. Now they’re hardly together and to me that takes away from the attraction of their story because it feels like too many chapters now they’re apart. I’ve lost interest long time ago because of this and I only check maybe three times a year to find out if any progress was made.
Jul 20, 2020 6:47 PM
Jun 2020
Arcterus28 said:

I 100% agree with this one, I mean I LOVE Obi and he surely does a great pair with Shirayuki but I don’t think their relationship has the possibility to change into a romantic one. I do hope for him to find a great partner in the future, same as Mitsuhide, they both just deserve it. Also I think that prince Izana has already accepted their relationship, but he just knows that they still have to prove themselves to the rest of the people, I think he is giving them the best chance he can.
Jul 24, 2020 7:20 AM
Jun 2020
Raji. It was foreshadowed since their first encounter.
Aug 8, 2020 5:47 PM

Jan 2011
I recently rewatched the anime before rereading the manga and I think Shirayuki, unlike a lot of female protagonists, was very bold in her early actions towards Zen. Take for instance anime episode 7 and manga chapter 9, Shirayuki is the one who hugged Zen. Zen was so surprised that he asked her if something happened. Keep in mind they’re not even dating or lovers. In my opinion, Shirayuki is very clear and persistent in her feelings and resolution to be with Zen. After Izana basically asked her what she can do for Zen, this is when she had a crisis of decision and went to look for Zen and hugged him. Her current goal is to be able to help the country and gain her position to stand next to Zen. She decided her fate and I don’t think she intends to give up on it.

Notwithstanding, I’m also reminded that Zen is a very wise, charming and considerate person. I can understand why Shirayuki chose him a long time ago.

As to Obi, I wish the mangaka would give him a proper love interest eventually. I dislike when characters are used like that to fulfill a psuedo love triangle.
Taylor_elleAug 8, 2020 6:59 PM
Aug 9, 2020 2:32 AM
Jun 2020
I think Shirayuki x Kiki would be a nice pair.
Aug 15, 2020 8:15 AM

Jan 2011
Arcterus28 said:

I love your post. About realism though, to me stories dictate the level of realism for the characters in its environment. For example, I get the impression that marriage is not something that these characters can just break off easily. I see Kiki locked into her engagement now that it was reaffirmed. The only way out I see for her is if Hisame’s family fall from grace and I don’t wish that on him.

In terms of Zen and Shirayuki, I think it was pretty much established from the beginning that Shirayuki stayed in Clarines “because” she wanted to see how Zen lived in Clarines. From there she determined that she will enter the palace gates with her own strength in a path that leads to Zen. When Izana asked Shirayuki where she wants to be, Shirayuki decided she now wanted to stand beside Zen. In other words, Shirayuki has repeatedly reaffirmed her desire to help Zen which eventually turned into her desire to stand at Zen’s side as his woman/princess/lover/helper.

Even when she has been separated from Zen while living in Lyrias, Shirayuki is still unwavering in her goal and path to Zen. If anything, like Izana said when he admitted to Mitsuhide that he was testing Zenyuki when he sent her to Tanbaran, Zenyuki has shown again in this separation that they are still determined to be together. I don’t care how much time Shirayuki spends with Obi, the fact is she does not see him as a romantic interest. How realistic then would it be for her to suddenly fall for Obi when her whole path in this story has always been about her desire to help Zen and one day stand by his side? Nothing in any chapter through the most recent even suggest that Shirayuki care for Obi in a romantic way. None. I also see Zenyuki trust each other even while apart.

Furthermore, more reality check is needed here. More than Shirayuki actually marrying a prince, how would it look that all the people in her circle knew that she and Zen are on romantic terms and then she ran off with the bodyguard? This story is not that kind of thing. Even Shirayuki’s boss and the guards in the palace know she’s basically Zen’s woman. I can’t see Shirayuki going the disgraceful route. Even her father who lives in the mountains of Tanbaran knows that she chose Zen. The most unrealistic conclusion to this story is that she ditched her character and ran off with her bodyguard proving to Izana that he was right about her when he originally thought her untrustworthy and proving to Zen that he was betrayed once again.

Therefore, I don’t think some of these posts understand just how shattering to the story and characters it would be if Shirayuki changed her mind after all this time when Izana already tried to get rid of her, Lord Haruka tried to get rid of her, Mitsuhide told her to make up her mind if she wanted to walk on a path to Zen, Izana gave her a chance to achieve her position to stand at Zen’s side and finally, that she declared to Zen that she wants to stand at his side. If after all of that she then ditches everything then what was the point of her journey?
Taylor_elleAug 15, 2020 8:30 AM
Sep 1, 2020 10:35 AM
Jun 2019
I hope it will be obi but who knows? End up with zen will be predictable and boring. Sorry I love plot twist
Sep 2, 2020 9:04 PM
Sep 2020
AccessDenied3011 said:
I hope it will be obi but who knows? End up with zen will be predictable and boring. Sorry I love plot twist
what do you mean it will be predictable? Isn’t the whole point of the story about the journey the commoner and the prince must take in order to be able to end up together and be accepted by the nobles? I mean even the name of the manga implies this I don’t see any other reason why the word hime would be in the title. Shirayuki ending up with obi would be the dumbest thing that could ever happen.
Sep 3, 2020 4:29 PM
Jun 2019
Daboiidevin said:
AccessDenied3011 said:
what do you mean it will be predictable? Isn’t the whole point of the story about the journey the commoner and the prince must take in order to be able to end up together and be accepted by the nobles? I mean even the name of the manga implies this I don’t see any other reason why the word hime would be in the title. Shirayuki ending up with obi would be the dumbest thing that could ever happen.

I know there is no chance she will end up with someone other than zen. But it will be interesting if it does. This is boring because it feels like Disney Princess type of story.
Sep 3, 2020 5:47 PM
Sep 2020
AccessDenied3011 said:
Daboiidevin said:

I know there is no chance she will end up with someone other than zen. But it will be interesting if it does. This is boring because it feels like Disney Princess type of story.
no it won’t be interesting the whole point of this story is that it is like a Disney type of princess people started reading this to see how the commoner Shirayuki would work her way up be accepted as the bride to the prince Zen. People certainly did not start reading this so that I’m the middle of the story Shirayuki will run off with her bodyguard whom she has no romantic feelings for. And if by some stupid reason she did it would totally ruin the story and the whole plot. It would be a f**k you to all of the readers, well unless they are obi shippers.
Sep 3, 2020 11:35 PM
Jun 2019
Daboiidevin said:
AccessDenied3011 said:

no it won’t be interesting the whole point of this story is that it is like a Disney type of princess people started reading this to see how the commoner Shirayuki would work her way up be accepted as the bride to the prince Zen. People certainly did not start reading this so that I’m the middle of the story Shirayuki will run off with her bodyguard whom she has no romantic feelings for. And if by some stupid reason she did it would totally ruin the story and the whole plot. It would be a f**k you to all of the readers, well unless they are obi shippers.
I am not obi shipper but i feel bad for obi because he didn't have a chance to develop some romantic action to shirayuki because the prince already claim her at the first place. That's why i am saying it's boring because no matter how much other character show their romantic feelings towards shirayuki, shirayuki will end up with zen.
Nov 5, 2020 4:00 PM
Mar 2016
AccessDenied3011 said:
Daboiidevin said:
I am not obi shipper but i feel bad for obi because he didn't have a chance to develop some romantic action to shirayuki because the prince already claim her at the first place. That's why i am saying it's boring because no matter how much other character show their romantic feelings towards shirayuki, shirayuki will end up with zen.

Because we alI need a good romance that made our heart pound not some shitty NTR to feel triggered and betrayal ... it's like drinking cup of tea then someone put salt of spoon on it ( are expecting anyone to say it's delicious to that taste?)...it's like rooting for Steve to end up with juilet instead of Romeo. Since when the romance moments between zen and Shirayuki were boring ? All these moments are giving the viewers massage in their hearts that's why it's so popular in japan and making millions of views in YouTube,but I guess it tortured you from the inside since you want Obi to develop more romance feelings for shirayuki... people these days are making feel worried more than covid 19.. they are shipping Hisame ( a guy came out of nowhere) with Kiki because he is hot and cute while they forget how long both Mitsuhide and Kiki were flirting with each other since the beginning but I guess being pretty can always make the fans brain go blank.
Kirito_AlsufiNov 5, 2020 4:19 PM
Nov 6, 2020 7:24 PM
Nov 2020
Kirito_Alsufi said:
AccessDenied3011 said:

Because we alI need a good romance that made our heart pound not some shitty NTR to feel triggered and betrayal ... it's like drinking cup of tea then someone put salt of spoon on it ( are expecting anyone to say it's delicious to that taste?)...it's like rooting for Steve to end up with juilet instead of Romeo. Since when the romance moments between zen and Shirayuki were boring ? All these moments are giving the viewers massage in their hearts that's why it's so popular in japan and making millions of views in YouTube,but I guess it tortured you from the inside since you want Obi to develop more romance feelings for shirayuki... people these days are making feel worried more than covid 19.. they are shipping Hisame ( a guy came out of nowhere) with Kiki because he is hot and cute while they forget how long both Mitsuhide and Kiki were flirting with each other since the beginning but I guess being pretty can always make the fans brain go blank.

i completely agree with you. people are saying obi is better with shirayuki but i don't get it. shirayuki sees him no more than a friend really. i love their friendship and there is no point him ending up with her since she is in love with zen! i hope obi finds someone too. i hate love triangles and i enjoyed this anime but the love triangle really annoys me. its like fruits basket all over again. kyo and tohru are canon and people still cant accept that they are. i still have hope in shirayuki and zen though. and if shirayuki and obi did get together, what would happen to zen??? he cant just get over her and move on. thats not how love works she cant just leave him. people are saying that they wont be surprised if shirayuki doesn't end up with zen because of what happened with mitsuhide and kiki. but not all ships in this anime are going to be canon. do they not know that? not all ships that may have been intended to be together will be, but zen is her main love interest and they are the main couple in the story. they will obviously ending up together.
Nov 6, 2020 9:26 PM
Mar 2016
ginabena53 said:
Kirito_Alsufi said:

i completely agree with you. people are saying obi is better with shirayuki but i don't get it. shirayuki sees him no more than a friend really. i love their friendship and there is no point him ending up with her since she is in love with zen! i hope obi finds someone too. i hate love triangles and i enjoyed this anime but the love triangle really annoys me. its like fruits basket all over again. kyo and tohru are canon and people still cant accept that they are. i still have hope in shirayuki and zen though. and if shirayuki and obi did get together, what would happen to zen??? he cant just get over her and move on. thats not how love works she cant just leave him. people are saying that they wont be surprised if shirayuki doesn't end up with zen because of what happened with mitsuhide and kiki. but not all ships in this anime are going to be canon. do they not know that? not all ships that may have been intended to be together will be, but zen is her main love interest and they are the main couple in the story. they will obviously ending up together.

No one will get how the shippers think these days... I mean Zen and Shirayuki are in a relationship kissing and hugging but they want Obi to be with Shirayuki? You ask yourself what kind of smoke they were taking to think of that?. People are usually support the couple who being loyal to each other not to cheat with your best character because you find it more cute and hot🤣 and there's no love triangle in this anime because both Zen and Shirayuki are in a relationship .. just ignore thoese who still have hope for nothing.

I always dislike love triangle... I have read "daytime shooting star" because it was the same author who did Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet and it was completely shit manga. Imagine seeing a romance relationship between two for 50 chapters then she went to the other dude who has love interest on her because he took an advantage of her separation with person she used to love for 50 chapters .. their separation was just misunderstanding...it's like when the villains took advantages ( it reminded me when prince charming took advantages of Shrek and feuna separation to be with feuna)which is completely shit but most of the people are fine with that because the person who took advantages is cute and hotty blonde guy. You see? People these day makes me scare more than covid 19🤣. That's why I never discuss romance manga.
Kirito_AlsufiNov 6, 2020 9:30 PM
Dec 24, 2020 9:18 PM
Aug 2020
Taylor_elle said:
Arcterus28 said:

I love your post. About realism though, to me stories dictate the level of realism for the characters in its environment. For example, I get the impression that marriage is not something that these characters can just break off easily. I see Kiki locked into her engagement now that it was reaffirmed. The only way out I see for her is if Hisame’s family fall from grace and I don’t wish that on him.

In terms of Zen and Shirayuki, I think it was pretty much established from the beginning that Shirayuki stayed in Clarines “because” she wanted to see how Zen lived in Clarines. From there she determined that she will enter the palace gates with her own strength in a path that leads to Zen. When Izana asked Shirayuki where she wants to be, Shirayuki decided she now wanted to stand beside Zen. In other words, Shirayuki has repeatedly reaffirmed her desire to help Zen which eventually turned into her desire to stand at Zen’s side as his woman/princess/lover/helper.

Even when she has been separated from Zen while living in Lyrias, Shirayuki is still unwavering in her goal and path to Zen. If anything, like Izana said when he admitted to Mitsuhide that he was testing Zenyuki when he sent her to Tanbaran, Zenyuki has shown again in this separation that they are still determined to be together. I don’t care how much time Shirayuki spends with Obi, the fact is she does not see him as a romantic interest. How realistic then would it be for her to suddenly fall for Obi when her whole path in this story has always been about her desire to help Zen and one day stand by his side? Nothing in any chapter through the most recent even suggest that Shirayuki care for Obi in a romantic way. None. I also see Zenyuki trust each other even while apart.

Furthermore, more reality check is needed here. More than Shirayuki actually marrying a prince, how would it look that all the people in her circle knew that she and Zen are on romantic terms and then she ran off with the bodyguard? This story is not that kind of thing. Even Shirayuki’s boss and the guards in the palace know she’s basically Zen’s woman. I can’t see Shirayuki going the disgraceful route. Even her father who lives in the mountains of Tanbaran knows that she chose Zen. The most unrealistic conclusion to this story is that she ditched her character and ran off with her bodyguard proving to Izana that he was right about her when he originally thought her untrustworthy and proving to Zen that he was betrayed once again.

Therefore, I don’t think some of these posts understand just how shattering to the story and characters it would be if Shirayuki changed her mind after all this time when Izana already tried to get rid of her, Lord Haruka tried to get rid of her, Mitsuhide told her to make up her mind if she wanted to walk on a path to Zen, Izana gave her a chance to achieve her position to stand at Zen’s side and finally, that she declared to Zen that she wants to stand at his side. If after all of that she then ditches everything then what was the point of her journey?

You made a lot of good points and I agree with all them. I can honestly see the appeal of obiyuki since they spend a lot of time together and it is only natural because he is her bodyguard. But it's been shown countless times that Shirayuki's loyalties and wishes all lie with Zen. The whole point of the story is about Shirayuki wanting to be by Zen's side(and of course furthering her career to become a renowned pharmacist). And it goes both ways. Zen wants to become a prince who Shirayuki can be proud of. They both support and inspire each other. They can't be around each other all the time and they both know this because they have things to do. Shirayuki is not someone who easily changes her mind. She is strong, determinded and focused. There is just no reason from a story and logical standpoint for there to be a twist where she decides to abandon her goal and end up with Obi. And if this happens it will be a betrayal to the readers and the characters. Pretty much every character in the story has devoted themselves to see their relationship succeed(mostly Kiki, Mitsuhide and Obi himself). Even Izana who was against them is now in full support. Another thing I don't understand is people saying Shirayuki doesn't really love Zen (with the argument that it's just first love) and might fall for Obi during their separation. It's like we are reading a different manga. If we go back right to the beginning of the story, it is Shirayuki who did most of the courting. She decided to stay in Clarines because she wanted to see how Zen lives. She decided to become a royal pharmacist because of Zen. She was the first one to confess her feelings(even though Zen made the first move by kissing her). She was the first one to declare her intentions of being by his side in the future. She decided to head for Wilant castle still because of Zen. She goes through all of Izana's trials for the sake of Zen. I don't know what more she needs to do to show how much she loves him and how much she wants a future with him. Now that I think about it Zen has never really said he loves her to her face but Shirayuki has done it twice. Anyway I think most people don't realize how shattering to the story it will be if Shirayuki gives up on all this and decides she wants to be with Obi. And thankfully that is not what this manga is about. What we are seeing is the story of how two people who have no business being together decide not to give up on their goals and work for a future where they can be together. And that is where the tagline of "A romance that cuts through fate" comes in.
Mar 15, 2021 3:12 AM
Oct 2020
i dont care about shirayuki, i want mitsuhide and kiki
Apr 23, 2021 4:08 PM
Oct 2020
well, title literally says Snow white with the red hair...if you are not stupid its obvious that zen and Shirayuki are canon and always will be .. so Obi shippers wake up
Jun 3, 2021 9:27 AM
Aug 2020
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:
Arcterus28 said:

is that still up to date or has any new developments happened

Yes still accurate
Jun 3, 2021 6:08 PM
Aug 2020
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:
alexmeli said:

Yes still accurate
i mean for Kiki amd mitsu I don’t really care for mc or FMC

Your comment didn't really specify whether you meant Kiki and Mitsu but yeah it's still the same for them unfortunately. At this point I doubt there is any way for them to end up together but who knows.
Jun 3, 2021 6:39 PM
Jul 2020
alexmeli said:
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:
i mean for Kiki amd mitsu I don’t really care for mc or FMC

Your comment didn't really specify whether you meant Kiki and Mitsu but yeah it's still the same for them unfortunately. At this point I doubt there is any way for them to end up together but who knows.
hopefully they do well atleast for me that’s the only reason why I haven’t rewatched the anime or even started the manga cuz I ended finding out they don’t get together
Jun 4, 2021 9:38 PM
Mar 2021
Obviously Zen because not only will it be embarrassing that Izana believed in Shirayuki and tried to give her an opportunity to prove herself so that she can marry Zen, the whole premise of Shirayuki’s journey will be pointless if in the end her feelings for Zen were just ephemeral and why shirayuki end up obi? Obi just bodyguard i know that obi have feelings for shirayuki but i read all chapt and scene ididn't see that shirayuki have feelings for obi whole story is journey about Zenyuki also zen promise that he give shiryauki proper words that means marriage izana know that zen choose shirayuki as bride izana plan all this to help shirayuki and zen

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
ArdanazJun 20, 2021 2:37 PM
Jun 5, 2021 1:23 PM
Aug 2020
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:
hopefully they do well atleast for me that’s the only reason why I haven’t rewatched the anime or even started the manga cuz I ended finding out they don’t get together
has Kiki kissed anyone yet or nah

No but she is engaged
Jun 5, 2021 1:24 PM
Jul 2020
alexmeli said:
AnOnYmOuS__101 said:
has Kiki kissed anyone yet or nah

No but she is engaged
I see as long as she don’t kiss someone then there’s a chance thanks I’ll keep waiting for now
Dec 9, 2021 12:17 PM
Dec 2021
BlueYa_Chan said:
Arcterus28 said:

I really do respect your ship and I also really like Obi, but Zen and Shirayuki were always meant to be togeather and I don't understand why are you guys comparing the second lead (Mitsuhide and Kiki) with the main lead. The second lead couple often has a sad or uncompleted ending and the same happened with Kiki and Mitsuhide and I'm also vey sad that Kiki got rejected but it doesn't mean that the same will happen with Shirayuki and Zen. They love each other and that's exactly why Obi has decided not to express his feelings and he also knows that he doesn't has a chance.
Dec 9, 2021 12:21 PM
Dec 2021
LElric said:
Arcterus28 said:

I 100% agree with this one, I mean I LOVE Obi and he surely does a great pair with Shirayuki but I don’t think their relationship has the possibility to change into a romantic one. I do hope for him to find a great partner in the future, same as Mitsuhide, they both just deserve it. Also I think that prince Izana has already accepted their relationship, but he just knows that they still have to prove themselves to the rest of the people, I think he is giving them the best chance he can.

I totally agree with you guys
Dec 21, 2021 5:44 PM

Jan 2016
Isn't it obvious? Zen, duh.
Feb 28, 2022 4:27 AM
Mar 2021
removed-user said:
I hate love triangle and people tend to recommend this one to me. To me this is pretty much love triangle that I hate, but the reason I keep checking the update is to see those people who said this isn't love triangle cry when Obi comes into play, I still hate this manga though. The recent updates seem heavy ObixShirayuki. Come on author, I want to see some tears :>
plus i hate love triaangles and people try to snatch away others and stuff like that. I like the way Yona of The Dawn handled this -- it even seemed like all em boys like Yona, but the author set the record straight nicely.
Oct 24, 2023 1:38 AM

Apr 2017
Reply to Roloko
@Roloko Obi is just plot device. He's the stereotypical second male lead that's just there to force conflict.

I personally find the love of second male leads to be hypocritical, because I know if there was a woman who was like that with Zen, the fandom would hate her. Yet we're supposed to like and feel bad for second male leads?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Chapter 103 Discussion

Daisuki - Dec 26, 2018

18 by Tetla »»
Feb 13, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki-hime Chapter 92 Discussion

Daisuki - Nov 25, 2017

31 by Tetla »»
Feb 13, 8:17 AM

» Getting close to ending ? No spoilers !

xnub - Dec 28, 2023

5 by xnub »»
Dec 30, 2023 12:48 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki Hime Chapter 11 Discussion

Cenedess - Aug 1, 2009

7 by ilovelidya »»
Nov 9, 2023 5:06 AM

Poll: » Akagami no Shirayuki Hime Chapter 9 Discussion

Cenedess - Jun 9, 2009

6 by ilovelidya »»
Nov 5, 2023 4:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.