Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 4, 2019 7:25 PM

Mar 2017
Academically, the first two years are easier than high school in my opinion. Financially, oof. Apologize to your bank account in advance.
Apr 4, 2019 7:34 PM

Nov 2018
Which country is your university in?
What are your expectations of University?

I feel like university was just on a chain of educational disappointments.
Was told elementary school was going to be great --> boring and didn't learn anything
Was told middle school was going to be better than elementary school --> Turned out to be almost exactly the same, but with more themes of sex, alcohol and so on.
Was told high school was going to be better, more challenging and you get more freedom --> Tons of obligatory bullshit and not interesting at all

Then finally people tell me University was going to be great. What a bunch of nonsense. Depending on the country you live in you might get financially crippled, but that's about it. Oh and it gives you some useless degree that everyone else also has.

What I'm trying to say is that modern educational systems suck. Fuck this cultural marxism bullshit.
Apr 5, 2019 4:18 PM

Oct 2017
It's a financial disaster but at least i could get laid easily and i won't complain. But we don't have much time to think about getting laid.
Also you better plan a post-graduation depending on your degree.

Now about the law school experience...

I studied in Vancouver and it was all right, overall and in retrospect. I was frustrated at it for about half my time there until I figured out that studying more didn't necessarily improve my grades. At the time in my life when I was there, it gave me some structure and something to do. It's a fairly intensive thing (though I don't think it's as intense as medical school from what I hear from my friends in that field).
I needed to spend a fair amount of time reading the course materials. If I tried to do this at home, it tended to put me to sleep (in fact, I often would get it out to look at when I needed to go to sleep), and so I usually took the books back to school and read them in between classes. This meant I spent a lot of time at the law school building (more so because law school is rather self-contained and there are no required classes in other fields)

''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Apr 6, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2018
Your freshman year is your best year. It was a movie for me. After that you just wanna graduate.
Apr 6, 2019 10:01 AM

Aug 2009
I'm guessing our cultural differences are too great for me to give any tips to the OP, but to contribute to the thread: my college life was shit. University was much better.
Or are they the same thing where the OP comes from?
Apr 6, 2019 8:13 PM

Mar 2012
I have fond memories of my undergrad years. Up until that point in my life I had a fairly rigid schedule (as most kids do), so it felt great to suddenly have the freedom to basically do whatever I wanted. My studies weren't particularly demanding, especially in the first two years, so it wasn't a big deal to skip class (which I often did... whoops). I had lots of good times with friends and played lots of soccer. I worked in the summers, but admittedly never worried about money, since my parents paid for my tuition and some of my living expenses. I didn't have to take out student loans and thus had no debt coming out of school. I understand that most students aren't in that position, which changes the picture.

I don't how much I actually learned, but enough to get me into grad school, which in turn got me a job... so I guess it "worked" in that sense. All in all, I'm glad I went. I might even go back someday for round three. But I wouldn't offer a blanket recommendation saying that everyone should go to university. It really depends on the person and their situation.
JoshApr 6, 2019 8:16 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 6, 2019 9:25 PM

Sep 2014
started off fine my first year in terms of making friends and building connections, i just found it very hard to balance it all with my school work. i'd often neglect going to class in favor of hanging out with people, and i'd miss a lot of homework deadlines. subsequently, i ended up failing almost all of my classes lol. next semester was a bit better, but again, that balance was always hard for me to maintain. i got mostly Bs and As, but i wasn't in touch with people as much and began to distance myself.

from then on is when it got ugly, i got used to being distant and became pretty unapproachable honestly, and realizing that got me depressed to the point where not only did i have few friends, i wasn't keeping up with my work either. i failed for the 2nd time in 3 semesters, and the school suspended me for a year. over a year has passed, and i haven't came back.

instead, i've hopped from community college to a different university, where things are going okay academically, but again, lack of friends is pretty damn apparent. at the very least, i've comes to terms with this and am trying to live to the fullest given the circumstances and the hole i dug myself in, but it's been really taxing mentally
Apr 7, 2019 3:45 AM

Apr 2019
I'm still in college, and it's pretty good. I don't have many problems with the exams, and I've got a lot of friends. The thing is - I'm hiding my passion for anime from them. Not because I'm ashamed or anything, but because they don't think it's something I should enjoy.
Apr 7, 2019 7:11 AM

Jun 2015
went to community college...

Apr 8, 2019 2:27 AM
Feb 2016
I moved from a 3rd world country (Trinidad and Tobago) to London around 5 months ago, and though I always believed I wasn't that smart, I currently have the best grades in my year and I am the student governor of my college. What a turn of events :P
Apr 14, 2019 2:17 AM

Aug 2018
Waste of 4 years of my life. Small college, dead end town/area, party school, not much opportunity for work experience or connections, annoying cliques. Oh, and debt as well.

If I ever have kids in this life, I honestly won't push them to take the "4-year university" route straight after high school. There's always crap like community college, trade school, and certifications.
Unfazed_5Apr 14, 2019 2:55 PM
INTJ 5w6
Currently Watching:TBA
Recently Completed: Attack on Titan Season 3 Pt 2[/B]
Apr 14, 2019 2:33 AM

Oct 2018
my college experience is almost similar to assassination classroom anime ...the friendship, environment, atmosphere and competitive maybe.

yup, I'm gonna say that it was great moment and I'm enjoying the time I spend with them.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What if Burger is on a stick?

Dragevard - Feb 10, 2022

18 by lingojk »»
15 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - 2 hours ago

5 by Kamikaze_404 »»
35 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

311 by bevarnow »»
1 hour ago

» I got spooked by a water bottle

tsukareru - 5 hours ago

9 by Zettaiken »»
1 hour ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - 7 hours ago

20 by Zettaiken »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.