Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 2, 2019 11:12 AM
I'm watching the anime and I am curious about if I need to wait a long time to the ending of the manga

Apr 2, 2019 11:57 AM

It won't end soon...

Apr 2, 2019 12:24 PM

Its no where close to the end to the point where there is a list of events in one of the volume extras showing a bunch of stuff still left to cover for the first half of the in universe year alone. This is in addition to the author saying hes up for the series going past their high school life and into adulthood.

You might have to wait a long time regardless whether following the anime anyway consider the anime covered a measly 36 chapters out of 140, and thats even under the assumption its even getting a 2nd season let alone 3rd or 4th season cause im increasingly thinking the anime was only there as an advert for the movie.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 2, 2019 2:12 PM
I do hear the series sells well in Japan so as long as the sales and interest is there, it will continue.

Imo I don't see myself getting tired of these characters anytime soon.

Apr 2, 2019 3:37 PM

I can't remember specifically where I read/heard, but the author isn't done with this series anytime soon. Even if the author puts Shirogane and Kaguya together, that doesn't mean the series is over

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 2, 2019 4:27 PM
I mean just imagine the kind of shenanigans that can ensue between Kaguya and Shirogane as a couple if it was this difficult for them to get as far as they have already. Not to mention Ishigami and his various potentials. And the author could still bring in another student council member like what was done with Iino.

Apr 2, 2019 4:53 PM

Considering the extreme potentials of the series, it's no where close to ending soon.

Oct 2, 2019 7:35 PM

Even if you read the latest chapter of the manga, it's still far from the end. And to be frank, I think it has only begun! A war of love can take many forms.
OwO

Oct 7, 2019 9:49 AM
ShadowkillZ_ said:
Even if you read the latest chapter of the manga, it's still far from the end. And to be frank, I think it has only begun! A war of love can take many forms.

this isn´t a manga with plot fram a to b, the mangaka has much more freedom in this manga as other mangaka.

Oct 7, 2019 8:13 PM

Gwenze said:

this isn´t a manga with plot fram a to b, the mangaka has much more freedom in this manga as other mangaka.

True. This only makes it more clear that Kaguya is still far from the end. With this freedom to write up a diverse scenario within the story, the author would very much likely use this advantage and write up more chapters.
OwO

Oct 8, 2019 2:37 AM

the mangaka in volume one extra saying they adore shoujo when the stories can goes beyond confession and want to do same. so yeah, not gonna end anytime soon.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Oct 16, 2019 10:32 AM

Kuma said:
the mangaka in volume one extra saying they adore shoujo when the stories can goes beyond confession and want to do same. so yeah, not gonna end anytime soon.

Ooh that's great to hear! I had no idea that the mangaka said that in Volume one. You have a good memory! I was nervous this manga would become boring after the confession, but so far I'm still really enjoying the series.

Life has no meaning,
but that doesn't mean
we shouldn't live it

Oct 16, 2019 11:35 AM

I honestly am gonna bet that the series is not even gonna end after they graduate, I think it not gonna end until they get married, hell maybe even both main couples but that one I say is less likely.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 16, 2019 5:01 PM

^The manga will end in 2029. The last arc will be on Kaguya and Miyuki's daughter marrying Iino and Ishii's son. If that helps.

Oct 16, 2019 8:03 PM

shanimebib said:
^The manga will end in 2029. The last arc will be on Kaguya and Miyuki's daughter marrying Iino and Ishii's son. If that helps.
off to the side is maki and a rando's child chasing after kashiwagi and Tsubasa's 19 children

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 30, 2019 10:30 AM
There still a lot of things that can happen. If you read the diary in one of the extras, it shows some important dates that hasn't happened yet. So there's still a lot to cover.

Though I wish Akasaka isn't planning on prolonging this manga cause of sales. It might ruin the story. Be like Isayama, the Attack on Titan mangaka. Even though it's insanely popular, it's in the endgame.

Oct 31, 2019 11:45 PM

I think that the very structure of the Kaguya-sama manga is what makes it compatible with a prolonging strategy, without any risk of diluting the plot. Much like Gintama, its comedy and serious moments are completely isolated, and the only thing that carries forward is character development, which usually doesn't have too much of an effect on gags and funny moments. That said, Akasaka-sensei has already shown that stretching out the series was never their intention. At least, not for too long.

The manga will probably throw around comedy chapters to achieve greater length, but they can't postpone the inevitable, now that the stage has been set. Once the endgame starts, there's no turning back, so I think both the mangaka and the readers will try to have as much fun with it as possible until then.

Nov 2, 2019 1:19 AM
VortexOfLight said:
I think that the very structure of the Kaguya-sama manga is what makes it compatible with a prolonging strategy, without any risk of diluting the plot. Much like Gintama, its comedy and serious moments are completely isolated, and the only thing that carries forward is character development, which usually doesn't have too much of an effect on gags and funny moments. That said, Akasaka-sensei has already shown that stretching out the series was never their intention. At least, not for too long.

The manga will probably throw around comedy chapters to achieve greater length, but they can't postpone the inevitable, now that the stage has been set. Once the endgame starts, there's no turning back, so I think both the mangaka and the readers will try to have as much fun with it as possible until then.

Yes, I'm completely agree with you. I think the manga end before Ishigami and llino aretogether.