Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 4, 2019 2:57 AM

Jul 2017
Not much fond of FPS, but I enjoyed FEAR the most.
May 4, 2019 6:55 AM

Feb 2018
Halo 3 and Mw2 was my shit, too bad both franchises went south after them
May 4, 2019 7:08 AM

Nov 2013
halo is the GOAT fps franchise for me. i can't wait for it to all come to PC.

https://youtu.be/uXcWxw7UHME - just the menu music alone does it for me

though, i must say from a competitive point of view, counterstrike has endured for so long and i can't see much else challenging it on PC at least.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 7, 2019 12:39 AM
Jul 2018
I used to like Call of Duty a long time ago but I feel like the last good CoD I played was MW3 even though I really play for the campaign. I was never that good at multiplayer games even though I'd go positive sometimes. The knifing animation in Ghosts was very satisfying to me and it was fun to demote people in Gun Game. I regret buying WW2 and the Infinite Warfare/MW Remastered bundle because I haven't touched those in ages. I think Battlefield went downhill ever since Hardline was released because I just couldn't get into the cops and robbers. I also regret buying Battlefield 1 and glad I didn't get V. As for Counter Strike, it's just not my kind of FPS game at all. Far Cry on the other hand, isn't that bad and I enjoyed Far Cry 5 a lot. Didn't bother getting New Dawn and Primal was a waste of money. Ever since 343 Industries took over, I feel like the Halo franchise has went downhill as well.
May 18, 2019 12:32 AM

Feb 2016
NotTestos said:
Halo 3 and Mw2 was my shit, too bad both franchises went south after them
THIS!!
But I'll have to go with CounterStrike because Source and GO never betrayed me. Except when CS:GO released their Battle Royale LOL. Some games aren't meant to be turned into BRs. Credit to half-life for 1.6(Never played either so I can't vote for it)
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
May 29, 2019 3:40 PM

Mar 2015
Borderlands and Destiny.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2021 4:53 PM
Dec 2017
none of the above because i hate the genre with a burning passion.

Dec 24, 2021 12:56 PM
Jul 2018
I'm a Killzone fan
removed-userDec 24, 2021 1:05 PM
Dec 24, 2021 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Battlefield, although it seems like the games have been going downhill lately...

This aged liked milk lmao
Dec 27, 2021 7:16 AM

Aug 2021
QUake III Arena
Escape from Tarkov
Dec 27, 2021 11:11 AM
Mar 2017
If had to go with those in the poll I actually care about it would be Medal of Honor due to playing them more after collecting a few entries for the first time and not caring for Halo anymore, COD never did even though bought many of them, Battlefield is ok and never cared for Far Cry at all. Crysis was alright, not played them enough . Maybe Doom, Wolfenstein or Quake.

If not franchises that big then Vanquish (technically third person but if bring up favourite shooters it has to be there to me), Black, Red Steel 2, TimeShift or Titanfall 2. Maybe PN03 even though more a dodging game/third person shooter but eh it means a lot to me. Battlefield 2 Modern Combat for consoles (different to the PC version) I also found to be pretty good. Not my favourite but still enjoyable, have yet to try the other entries though.

Have yet to play early COD entries that don't make the NPCs shoot for you/have the game hold your hand in the campaign and actually were challenging (I remember COD 2 fit that, not sure about Big Red One, 3, Roads to Victory on PSP or others/maybe the DS versions of the post-modern warfare era entries). Out of curiosity not out of care to really play them like I have others I've collected.

In terms of games I'm hyped to play at some point it would be Bright Memory Infinite (is the only shooter in 2021 I actually care for not Halo Infinite, COD Vanguard, the other WW2 looking ones I forget the name of or Battlefield 2042, an Indie by 1 person making the type of shooter I want with Red Steel 2 and PS3/360 era ideas or the fast pace of Doom for combat and abilities over the current more uninteresting in my opinion approach to big shooters these days. After playing the PS2/PS3 era shooters I missed I've soet of found the shooter format I'm looking for now from the lesser known/AA ones).
Suntanned_Duck2Dec 27, 2021 4:30 PM
Dec 27, 2021 4:20 PM

Mar 2016
I recently decided to play all of the Call of Duty games up to Modern Warfare 2 over the course of Autumn simply because I never experienced them when I was younger, (at least not the conventional 'COD2').

I don't understand what all the hype was about: it's a pretty overrated series that holds your hand throughout its campaign and reiterates mechanics throughout sequels. By the time I was playing Modern Warfare 2 I could tell that mission maps were meant to serve as multiplayer tutorials more than anything and hated the fact that the plot was jumping all over the place. It served as a more cinematic experience than anything and I can see the inspiration Vanguard took from the early days however taking it up a notch to where you literally don't control anything.

I played Medal of Honor when I was younger and it was a better series in my opinion. It didn't hold your hand or rush you through its campaign. Of course I love Battlefield but 2042 and before that, V, were and are disasters. I've been playing 4 since release and still play Battlefield 1 often thinking of it more as an alternate reality based on weapons systems being a little too complex for the time to be put into 'everyone's' hands outside of shock troops.
I don't think I'll be buying any first person shooters let alone any video games in 2022. The industry is locked to GPU production and even though I can afford whatever upgrade they want for a benchmark, I don't play games simply because they make me go "wow this looks nice", instead, "wow, this plays nice". Sadly two of these never congeal correctly anymore.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Dec 29, 2021 6:46 AM

Mar 2016
Counter strike, i grew up playing it and even though i can't play it as much any more i still love the game
Dec 29, 2021 7:08 AM

Dec 2018
Halo. I’m not a fan of the newer games but the games made by Bunjie are awesome. Halo 3 is up there with some of my favourite games.
Dec 29, 2021 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
I would say Halo, because that's what got me into the genre in the first place.

However, I still want to check out Medal of Honor and see how tactical the game is.
Dec 29, 2021 12:37 PM

Aug 2009
FacelessVixen said:
Voted Far Cry since I played all of the numbered games at this point, but I'm really psyched for the Master Chief Collection coming to Steam.

Well, this didn't age well since I barely touched MMC. 2020 went to me finally finishing Fallout 4's main story, and this year was 100 hours of Fallout 76 and 300 hours of Cyberpunk.

So I guess Far Cry as a series is still in my number one spot, but I like character customization in terms of not just aesthetics but also in terms of abilities.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

29 by Oofmastre9000 »»
58 minutes ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
1 hour ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

49 by SwordBreaker36 »»
2 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - 11 hours ago

2 by SwordBreaker36 »»
2 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

50 by Dumb »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.