Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 31, 2019 8:15 AM

Mar 2016
I actually have 2 questions considering that topic:
1. Why did not Shinobu regenerate in the first place when she was found by Araragi in subway? Was it because her heart was stolen?
2. Why did Shinobu become child again when Araragi sucked her blood? I mean she was doing fine after all those headshots.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 26, 2019 9:07 PM
Jan 2018
1. I feel like it’s because the vampire hunters had taken all her body parts and had weakened her to a state where she can’t regenerate as well. And of course, Kiss-shot allowed the vampires to defeat her at that time because she wanted to die. But on the verge of dying, she changed her mind and begged Araragi to help her by sacrificing herself. So yes, it was because her heart was stolen and also many other things.
2. During the final battle, the only way for Araragi to kill her was by draining her energy. Because ultimately, they are both pretty much invincible. Meaning that just brute fighting will never work out, cause they can just regenerate immediately. So by Araragi draining her blood/life essence, her regenerative power weakens and she becomes weakened to state where there isn’t enough power/vampire-ness to sustain her current form, causing her to revert back to her child form (weakened form) and could no longer take up the name of Kiss-shot.

These are just my thoughts, I can very well be wrong so please correct me if I am.
Dec 8, 2020 4:53 AM
Jul 2018
Kroastic said:
1. I feel like it’s because the vampire hunters had taken all her body parts and had weakened her to a state where she can’t regenerate as well. And of course, Kiss-shot allowed the vampires to defeat her at that time because she wanted to die. But on the verge of dying, she changed her mind and begged Araragi to help her by sacrificing herself. So yes, it was because her heart was stolen and also many other things.
2. During the final battle, the only way for Araragi to kill her was by draining her energy. Because ultimately, they are both pretty much invincible. Meaning that just brute fighting will never work out, cause they can just regenerate immediately. So by Araragi draining her blood/life essence, her regenerative power weakens and she becomes weakened to state where there isn’t enough power/vampire-ness to sustain her current form, causing her to revert back to her child form (weakened form) and could no longer take up the name of Kiss-shot.

These are just my thoughts, I can very well be wrong so please correct me if I am.

Her becoming child is because of the bond. Both Araragi and Shinobu are not complete and they share each other. Sounds weird but this is what it is. That's why we know if one of them die, other will become a complete vampire and that would mean the other one have to die too.
That's why the best solution was that they share their parts to each other and both are not complete. Making both of them partially immortal.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » best girl

kaiki_fan_boy - Dec 30, 2022

1 by Artdoroki »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:16 AM

Poll: » Favorite opening in the Monogatari Series

El_psy_kongroo01 - Jan 6, 2022

0 by El_psy_kongroo01 »»
Jan 6, 2022 5:27 AM

» Why do you like it? ( 1 2 )

MixedNuts - Jul 23, 2009

71 by El_psy_kongroo01 »»
Jan 6, 2022 4:16 AM

Poll: » Which is your favorite Bakemonogatari OP?

rlxme - Feb 27, 2010

37 by removed-user »»
Dec 1, 2021 5:48 AM

Poll: » Favourite Character ( 1 2 3 )

_Ayase - Sep 5, 2009

138 by Yosumi2000 »»
Jul 7, 2021 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.