Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2019 11:50 PM

Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's finally over and I'm still so confused as to how to feel about this new direction of Aikatsu. I admit I did compare this to Aikatsu stars s1 way too much but by episode 25 I actually started seeing this for it's own thing and again confused as to how I feel about it because on the one hand it tries something new like no dorms or groups (except for that Christmas episode and in this episode) and on the other hand I miss some of the stuff that was present in all the previous Aikatsu's like seeing the MC attending class and progressively getting better with each episode. I really don't want to get too into it right now (mainly because I'm writing this on a tablet at 1:30 in the morning) but maybe later I'll edit this post and add my thoughts (in fact I know I will). I definitely feel like the last episode should have been the last episode.

For now the episode was nice but eh it wasn't anything special just a simple dispute between aine and mio with everybody else worrying about them. I admit it was funny how the make up ceremony turned into mio and aine just saying things about each other that bugged them. it was a nice surprise that the ceremony was also a farewell to love me tear. that ending really confused me but also I'm very interested in knowing more I mean we get a look at a gothic idol in a castle while there's a blizzard and then we get Space where we see elza 2.0 I'm not joking she looks exactly like her except they added yellow to her red hair.

I will say one thing this episode really shows just how much mio really doubts her friendship with Aine not that she never doubted her friendship in past episodes but it really shows here. on that note I still don't understand why mio is like that? I mean even after everything that happened and all the obstacles they had to overcome she still has doubts? like seriously What the hell!?
FallenEntityApr 1, 2019 9:58 AM
Mar 31, 2019 3:58 AM

May 2018
man it's finally over... well for t his season at least.
Enjoyed it for what it is, the whole friends thing is ripe for yuri fodder so yeah :D

next season will have a spaaaaaace idol!
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Mar 31, 2019 11:44 AM

Nov 2012
The two entries will probably be merged so I'll consider this my thoughts on "season 1."

I thought Friends seemed promising at first especially the first cour leading up to them becoming friends,after it did alot of things I didn't really like. Such as the Aikatsu Zone which was luckily forgotten about,the beginning of the second cour where Mio was going on about surpassing Love Me Tear and pulling Aine along with her (Mio was my favorite character up to this point but after started disliking her slightly),the rest of the cast being rather weak Honey Cat basically being the jobbers of the series and was never a big fan of Reflect Moon. Love Me Tear had the best songs and I liked Mirai but Karen felt sort of just there. Also after Pure Palette became Diamond Friends it felt like the series didn't know what to do with the remaining 8 episodes of the season.

Another big thing I knew would be a slight problem when it was announced the series would focus on pairs would be the lack of idols,the series only focuses on 4 pairs making any type of Friends Cup or w/e uninteresting to watch even if the outcomes are usually always predictable to begin with.

Might be me living in the past, bias or both but I liked OGkatsu and Stars better.

The new idols look interesting (especially the space idol), hope for the best.
VanishingKiraMar 31, 2019 11:59 AM
Mar 31, 2019 3:44 PM

Jul 2015
Fantastic finale for this first season of Friends! Although it sadly doesn't seem to be the popular opinion (at least between these discussion threads) I loved this entry as much as the others so far, although OGkatsu S3 and Stars S1 still are at the top season-wise to me.

Aine and Mio interactions in special just steal the show, I love this main duo too much and seeing them grow and get closer over time has been so wonderful, that together with the usual wholesomeness, lovable cast and fantastic songs I love from this franchise I had a ton of fun as always.

Preliminary 9/10 from my part, looking forward to hopefully another year (and more to come, please please please) of Aikatsu, Space Elza coming through!
Aug 13, 2020 5:47 AM

Jul 2017
That was a hella cute making up ceremony, but Mio really was the one to blame here, Aine was just looking out for her.

I think I'll give my thoughts on Friends once I'm done with the next season.

Speaking of the next season, that girl at the end looks just like a space Elza, and she's voiced by Hikasa Yoko as well. Just wtf is about to go down? xD

Jul 30, 2021 7:27 AM

Feb 2020
It was a great and emotional finale.

Overall, a good first season. Reflect Moon was my favorite unit. It was the most unique of them all. Sure, the main unit, Pure Palette, was the most important one and it was so nice to watch Aine and Mio's long journey and how they grow together and get closer over time.

Aine's pout face was too cute!

SerafosMar 2, 11:13 AM
Sep 13, 2022 8:18 PM
Nov 2016
a cute ending episode for the first season! also goes to show aine and mio's growth as friends~ it was also nice to hear the aikatsu friends! song again! mirai's expression makes me wanna hug her in the end TT thank you as always aikatsu ^ - ^
Mar 26, 10:58 AM

May 2019
Love confession, a flight departure and one year time skip to the next season just like Ogkatsu in the first season which is when Aikatsu still at its prime. That was a very cute and funny way for Aine and Mio to made up in front of their friends and fans lol. I don't really expect to enjoy Friends this much given I really skeptical with Aine's aspiration back in the very first episode and now she is my favorite protagonist in all Aikatsu. I love her growth, her conviction and optimism remarks "bring it on" and how seemingly she could use her frienergy to garner support from just everyone (friends). I like all the Friends units. The songs especially Love Me Tears are all so good and not to mention their CGI performances are really good. One great thing that I really love about Friends is the relationship of mentor/rival between Love Me Tear and Pure Palette. They really encourage each other to better themselves and develop into the Diamonds unit. The pairing units and rivalry are the weakest and the most underdeveloped aspects that started from ogkatsu and Friends fix those aspects and develop them exceptionally well here with fairness and reasonable causes. I find all the cast are far more likable and charming than AiStars .The silliness and charm of AiFriends are pretty close to the ogkatsu and I glad they could get back to that direction even with slight differences here and there.
VivaceRexMar 30, 6:35 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aikatsu Friends! Episode 49 Discussion

DreamingBeats - Mar 22, 2019

7 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 26, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Friends! Episode 48 Discussion

Nemesis_Ranka - Mar 17, 2019

9 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Friends! Episode 47 Discussion

MetaThPr4h - Mar 11, 2019

8 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 26, 1:35 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Friends! Episode 46 Discussion

Nemesis_Ranka - Mar 5, 2019

5 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 26, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Aikatsu Friends! Episode 45 Discussion

MetaThPr4h - Feb 24, 2019

6 by VivaceRex »»
Mar 25, 10:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.