Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 30, 2019 3:24 PM

May 2018
Kirito201811 said:
Can someone provide a summary of episode 24?

Did Quinella die?

We see young alice holding hands with Eugeo? - Does this mean the adult version of alice, will not regain her memories and is another alice (personality) ?

TIA

please someone explain

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 30, 2019 3:38 PM
Mar 2017
And I thought I was ready for this episode, but I couldn't stand the tears for the death of Eugeo, poor boy who sacrificed everything to save his friends.

The fight of Kirito VS Quinella I liked a lot, Kirito in his Aincrad suit was a nice touch, but I liked more that Quinella used different swordsmanship and that her sword took the shape of that style was the best, besides Quinella knew how to fight Kirito hard.
The part where Eugeo reconstructs the Blue Rose Sword with his blood moved me, since he gave his last strength to support his friend and now Kirito returns to use the style of two swords with which he finally manages to fight on par with Quinella.
Quinella and Kirito give the final blow and both lose an arm, but Quinella uses her hair to hold Kirito, but he doesn't give up and he penetrates the chest of Quinella and so he finally defeats the administrator, that moment was incredible, At last he gave his good beating to the cruel administrator.
But Quinella is not completely defeated and tries to escape to the real world, but obviously it could not end like that and Chudelkin who was still alive adds to Quinella in his fire form as she rises and both explode, at last the cruellest beings of underworld died. How pleasant it was to see the face of horror, disgust and despair of Quinella.
What a way to cry when Eugeo dies, the poor boy all that suffered to end like this and the conversation with Kirito made me feel sadder. The part where we see that memory of when Alice and Kirito prepared the gift for Eugeo only served to feel even more sad, very beautiful memory, but at the wrong time. Already when Eugeo is finally dying and we see how Kirito hugs his best friend he had me with tears until finally he vanished and with him he took the memories of Alice, the part where Eugeo and Alice go holding hands to the portal was really cute and sad at the same time. RIP Eugeo, you were a good character and you did not deserve to die after everything you suffered.

Things are worse in the real world, Kirito manages to communicate with RATH, but they are under attack by a group of mercenaries, among them there are two characters that I think I have seen before but I do not remember if it was in this season or in the previous ones. Kikuoka instructs Kirito to find Alice and Kirito tells him that she is already with him after acting totally surprised Kikuoka asks him to take her to a place called World End Altar, but before Kirito can do something, he listens that Asuna is with the people of RATH. The mercenaries damage the generators and Kirito is hit by a light and before being left unconscious he sees the silhouette of his beloved Asuna.
Damn what a cliffhanger more exasperating, having to wait 6 months to know what happened with Kirito, besides that I left with many questions, if Kirito saw Asuna is because she entered Underworld too?, what do the mercenaries want? and the most important, What or who is really Alice? The mercenaries will go after her?
Anyway, this season of SAO surprised me, it had an improvement in terms of its animation that I liked a lot, although there were slow episodes and with a lot of information, I do not complain about it since it means information for future events. As for the characters Eugeo is best boy, his friendship with Kirito was fun and his sacrifice will not be forgotten. The same with Cardinal that I am very fond of the little librarian that her death hurt me a lot and finally Alice that I loved, her character design I like a lot, her knight costume and her sword looked excellent as well as her character development together with Eugeo's were the most solid this season. It will be an eternal 6 months and I can say that the fall season will be the best, since the fourth season of Boku no Hero Academia also premieres on that date.
Mar 30, 2019 3:38 PM

Dec 2010
If Quinella could control her hair like a tentacle why didn’t she do that from the start? She was being a cocky bitch and all it took was Kirito picking up a second sword to beat her? Why was Eugeo alive for so long?

I’m astounded how awful this season was, and I quite liked the first half, which makes this even sadder.
Mar 30, 2019 3:48 PM

Aug 2013
Wow....this was a sloppy way to execute the finale. I really expected A-1 to deliver since they poured so much into the budget for this adaptation. In the end, it was just a hollow shaft. Granted, I'm glad I got to see some of the most lit stuff in the LNs animated but it was ultimately underwhelming with execution and this finale just proved that. 6/10

Hoping the second half of this is done a lot better in October. Also...of course they sneak in that shit with Administrator and Chuldekin. This series really does like to meme itself XD
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 30, 2019 4:01 PM
Apr 2015
Nayout said:
I suppose that the rest of 6 months is so that they can animate all the fights that come in War of Underworld lol
Because the arc has almost three times more battles than this one.

I'm praying that's true cause I honestly thought this season was amazing, especially the cliffhanger. Only issue was the lack of fight scenes, which I personally feel like is what made the middle episodes more boring.

Now my summer is gonna past faster cause I'll be looking forward to the next season. That's a big rip ;-;
Mar 30, 2019 4:03 PM

Jan 2016
What? Well I just didn't understand what happened with Quinella with her own clown creation lol.

And we have to wait 6 months to handle that cliffhanger... OK then.
Life is strange

Mar 30, 2019 4:28 PM

Jan 2019
as expected the annoying naked antagonist is finally gone
i hated the whole tower
10 minutes of eugeo drama emotion bullshit

the last 5 minutes of this ep were a lot of fun and entertaining though.
Mar 30, 2019 4:48 PM

Mar 2012
Although I do not belong to the SAO fans, the series was addictive and interesting, though, as usual, Kirito cheater. 😉😏 And of course Raios hilarious jump is remembered. 😅🤣

Score: 7.5/10
Mar 30, 2019 5:10 PM
Jul 2009
Kirito201811 said:

Did Quinella die?

We see young alice holding hands with Eugeo? - Does this mean the adult version of alice, will not regain her memories and is another alice (personality) ?

TIA

Quinella is dead, as far as I can tell. Though the War arc hasn't been concluded yet in the books, so I can't rule out them doing something like bringing her fluctlight back in some sort of limited temporary capacity. Going forward, there will be a new Villain.

Also, correct. Alice's memories died with Eugeo. That doesn't mean she doesn't have any memories. We already know she remembers Selka from the part where she bursts her eye.
XerainMar 30, 2019 5:15 PM
Mar 30, 2019 5:10 PM

Jun 2013
I didn't like certain script's decisions and certain decisions about the adaptation of the novel. Some really disgusting. But I really enjoyed the whole concept of the Underworld. Eugeo and Alice were also characters that I enjoyed.
Kirito again had the humanity he had in Aincrad.
7/10.

I'm really looking forward to the next cour and also to the game!
JunoYamaguchiMar 30, 2019 5:30 PM
Gimme more character development and/or romance. Probally a shotacon.

Mar 30, 2019 5:21 PM

Oct 2010
the best season of the series

almost the whole season was well reasoned with a few exceptions (and the last fight, unfortunately) the music was great, the story was great, the characters werent' as good (Except Quinella which was actually good, i hope they find a way to make her make up with them in teh real world or something and be good cus he was actually pretty reasonable and " normal ". If a person figured out how to cheat life and live 400 years while having broken magic, the chances are they'd be way worse than her)

if you remove the bullshit fights that have no explanations and some of the exaggerations/tediousness around the middle of the season, this anime would be a contender for more than just a 10/10 anime but something like top favorites or smt

as it is right now i'm giving it 9/10 cus it had growth and it was an improvement and it was good

lots of music -
Mar 30, 2019 5:36 PM
Jul 2009
stealthninjax2 said:
I wonder what happens next, too lazy to read light novel, anyone want to tell me or tell me where I can find summaries?

Mar 30, 2019 5:55 PM

Aug 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
It was a pretty good finale especially with the cliffhanger ending.

So I guess my question is, was that the last we will ever see of Quinella? If that is, then I guess I'm a little disappointed. The clown thing kinda came out of nowhere and it's also kinda disappointing that she went out that way. I really liked her despite her being the antagonist, she just had too much going for her I guess. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I kinda liked the original idea of her escaping and coming back later. XD

Who were the people attacking RATH? Did Asuna enter the world there or is Kirito just hallucinating?

Overall, I guess this is definitely the best season of SAO. I enjoyed the initial episodes with more exposition and world building a lot more than the middle half of the season. However, Quinella made the final part of the season very entertaining for me, points for that. I still think the first episode of Alicization is one of the best episodes of SAO in general, I find it quite interesting that what the series needed to succeed the most was almost a hard reset on everything, forcing an almost entirely alternate plotline. Bringing Kirito back into Underworld with all his memories intact kinda lost the initial charm that the first episode had. However, this is not to say Alicization is bad, in fact it's better than everything before it. It's just that I get the sense that the author is not able to find a good way to tie everything that's happened prior to Alicization with everything he wants to showcase in Alicization. I can respect not wanting to abandon your old characters but it's ironic that what makes this arc good is that it tries to start afresh on almost a clean slate. Production was generally very good, A1 are stepping up huge in recent days. Looking forward to S2.

8/10

As far as Quinella/Silver-Asuna goes,

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BarnaldMar 31, 2019 1:21 AM
Mar 30, 2019 6:00 PM

Feb 2008
After 24 episodes, it is hard not to care for the ga- friendship between Kirito and Eugeo. In my opinon, that's what Mother's Rosario needed: more time for me to care about the little girl with a deadly disease, at least 12 episodes.

Gonna miss that Eugeo boy and the children Alice. I wasn't really getting it when he was about to die, but made a lot of sense that he realized that the new Alice needed to stay, and that he couldn't let the old Alice go alone.

I kind of disliked the whole transition from knight apprentices to knight masters in just a couple episodes. Hope the other sword knights appear in october, really miss Sortilena and the other girls. Really enjoyed this season to be honest, having a blonde girl that resembles Saber is a plus, too.

Great openings/endings, decent music, decent animation. Bad time-lapses and as much as I loved the Underworld, think we at least needed one more episode about what the hell's happening on Asuna and Rath's side, that ending annoyed me a lot.

7/10
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Mar 30, 2019 6:05 PM

Oct 2012
A question for LN readers. Is Eugeo really dead?
"Who knows."
Mar 30, 2019 6:56 PM

Oct 2015
Forgot that Kirito is a duel wielder and that was a badass swordmanship. So Quenella got burned to death or she made it to the real world, that was confusing? Eugeo's last goodbye got me teary eyed because I really liked him, sometimes more than Kirito. I guess we see where this is going, they want match up Kirito and Alice at the end ( overpowered bastard).

I guess I'm having doubt to watch the next season, it will depend if in not busy. 7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 30, 2019 6:57 PM

Jan 2011
was quite the lackluster finale fight and not much worth mentioning besides out boy dying damn shame but shit at least that ending was some wild stuff i would've liked if they hadn't shown what was actually going on in the real world and all you could hear was from their COMs that way it would've had left the viewer even more confused questioning state wondering what the hell was going on.

frankly never been a fan of SAO Alice sorta hasn't changed that but it has at least made me go from just watching as pure junk food to being interested in what the story actually was and the start was good but it kinda feel down along the way in classic SAO fashion

sure as hell looked good damn 7.5/10 see yall in fall! bummer thought this would be a year long lol
Mar 30, 2019 7:00 PM

Sep 2017
Well, I suppose the ending was pretty good.
Mar 30, 2019 7:24 PM

Aug 2017
Skyreth-XIII said:
A question for LN readers. Is Eugeo really dead?

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BarnaldMar 31, 2019 1:22 AM
Mar 30, 2019 7:29 PM

Nov 2013
Smh they killed off the only character I liked this season, Eugeo .
As far as this season goes, it was interesting at the start but that’s about it.
Quinella was a pretty one-dimensional villain and the final fight seemed a bit too short to be convincing. 4/10

Let’s get back in the real world, Underworld has run its course
Mar 30, 2019 8:04 PM
Oct 2018
Stay Cool :(

Man this ep sure made me emotional rest in rip Eugeo
Mar 30, 2019 8:10 PM

Nov 2011
F for Eugeo and Alice Zuberg.

I can't say I love everything about the episode, the fight is pretty lackluster but the scenes with all the feels was done right. Damn it when the song start playing.

The second half may not be as good as the first half of Alicization but more scenes with Alice is fine with me.

Mar 30, 2019 8:19 PM

May 2015
Finally you dual wield you son of a bitch. Now show Administrator what can't be done with just one arm!

She's unarmed! Can Kirito really harm an unarmed woman?

There goes Eugeo. I guess there never is enough room for more than one male in Kirito's world...

Well all hell just broke loose. And did Asuna just enter Kirito's world? I mean they gotta do something about protecting the STLs because they're about to get fried right? Next arc is "War of Underworld" huh. I guess they really are going to hell. Welp, time to haul Alice's dead ass and find that altar...

Sword Art Online: Alicization...I felt...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I don't know what to feel for this season. There's so many ups and downs going on that my mind is just blank! I can't really say anything because I don't know what to say. Eh...well...there is one thing I do feel at least...

Final Verdict: Bedroom Body Splash/10
Mar 30, 2019 8:26 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
It wasn't for long but I got my wish. DUAL WIELDING!
Mar 30, 2019 9:18 PM

Dec 2013
Kirito finally dual wielded!

Eugeo's death was sadder than I expected.

That cliffhanger was pure evil.
Mar 30, 2019 9:33 PM

Aug 2018
If we’re being completely honest... the first half (2 cours) of the show was more like: Sword Art Online: Alicization....THE ISEKAI. but for real that cliffhanger tho :( So many questions left unanswered, can’t wait to find out what tf is going on!

P.s... I wonder when I’ll ever see another main antagonist fight Naked ;) this
Mar 30, 2019 10:26 PM

Nov 2009
Chrome_Falcon said:
That was great. Overall this season could have been much better if they had adapted it properly. But LN adaptations always tend to be rushed given the nature of the medium. I wonder when the next cour will come out. The middle part of the season was not well done as I see it.

Finally Quinella is down. Ironic that she was finally killed by her own creation, the clown.

I agree, it could be much better... the last finale showdown action is not that great, far below my expectation, should be prolonged... also the good bye scene could be much touching with more flashback imo (haven't read the LN yet)... i think i'd be wiser to make this episode in 50 mins format... just my blab, hahahaha...

ZainKean said:
So the final fight takes place ... there wasn't much action tho. But the cliffhanger man ... Now we have to wait 6 months now for the next part. :(

The worst of this anime is the evil cliffhanger... sigh :(

If you just did nothing because you thought it wouldn't help, then you'd end up doing less than nothing; for nothing would change and nothing would end. (Kira Yamato - Gundam Seed Phase 34: Seen & Unseen)
Mar 30, 2019 10:34 PM

Sep 2017
till the end, even the final fight couldnt better than goblin fight.. what a disappointment..

but overall, that eugeo scenes almost bring me to tears. the ost was amazing as always..

and damn cliffhanger, should wait for half a year to the next part

after what they've done with this first part (bad pacing, skipped parts, lack of action) i have less expectation to the 2nd part. hope they will do better than this, the war arc should have a proper action scenes than tower arc

see yall in the fall

Mar 30, 2019 10:44 PM

Apr 2016
Xerain said:
Kirito201811 said:

Did Quinella die?

TIA

Quinella is dead, as far as I can tell. Though the War arc hasn't been concluded yet in the books, so I can't rule out them doing something like bringing her fluctlight back in some sort of limited temporary capacity. Going forward, there will be a new Villain.

Also, correct. Alice's memories died with Eugeo. That doesn't mean she doesn't have any memories. We already know she remembers Selka from the part where she bursts her eye.

The war is already over in light novel. Reki already released vol 21 , Aicization ends in vol 18 and unfortunately Quinella is dead :(
Young Alice's memories all gone forever . Unfortunately the integrity Knight Alice won't remember anything "new"

Mar 30, 2019 10:44 PM

Mar 2019
The fight was kinda underwhelming but the full reveal of the scene with eugeo's birthday brought me to tears, great use of 虹の彼方に at that scene. Also damn, I wasn't expecting that cliffhanger with the attack on Ocean Turtle. Really looking forward to the second part of Alicization in October.
Mar 30, 2019 11:05 PM
Mar 2017
It was a good ending not too great but not too bad either.Liked the cliffhanger at the end.I guess this the first sao where Kirito lost his team eugeo,alice, cardinal n her spider.Well i believe this is where the Alicization arc starts,Hope they improve animation budget
Mar 30, 2019 11:28 PM
Jan 2018
Wow what a cliffhanger to end the season I cannot wait until to see the second part of the season
Mar 30, 2019 11:31 PM
Jun 2017
A sad end to a beautiful bromance. RIP Eugeo, hope they find a way to reboot souls next season.
Mar 31, 2019 12:37 AM

May 2018
Rest In Peace, Eugeo...

Mar 31, 2019 12:38 AM

Jul 2016
Aaaaaaaaaaaa RIP EUGEO ;-; Whew. It was a good season for me, I'd like season 2 out already D: I'm glad that there is a season 2 :3
Mar 31, 2019 12:54 AM

May 2015
Here’s a quote from Bandai Namco America Brand Marketing Manager, Jennifer Tsang:

“For the first time in a Sword Art Online video game, players will be able to faithfully follow the events of the anime series. We look forward to players and fans experiencing the Alicization story arc as Kirito, uncovering the mysteries of Underworld, and making new friends along the way.”

Guess it means that it's gonna be a stand alone game, separate from the rest of the games so far in terms of story
Mar 31, 2019 1:25 AM

Nov 2016
so did alice technically die 2 and can they pull some kingdom hearts shit and make 2 replicas
Mar 31, 2019 1:25 AM

Jun 2017
Well, that was over. I can that this is not a bad season at all. The animation quality is good and all. But come on, these guys really know how to end a series with a cliffhanger, now we gotta wait a fair amount of time before being able to watch again. Though, it looks like my hunch was right, as soon as I saw that the ship protecting them was leaving, I knew something was going to go wrong.
Overall a good season. 8/10
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 31, 2019 2:23 AM
Jan 2018
jesus that dude is more resilient than a cockroach. it felt like he was brought back from the dead a million times and every time i hated it more lmao. also it was gay as fuck.
it was good comedy though so overall it was a nice episode :)
Mar 31, 2019 3:01 AM
Aug 2018
this is the best SAO season they said, it's not garbage they said lmao

well at least we get some new rape scenes for my fap collection 11/10 masturpiss
Light0001Mar 31, 2019 3:04 AM
Mar 31, 2019 3:40 AM

May 2018
Xerain said:
Kirito201811 said:

Did Quinella die?

TIA

Thanks, It seems a bit confusing if Alice regained her memories since it makes no sense of the kid alice

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Mar 31, 2019 3:56 AM

Feb 2015
At least Eugeo has loli Alice with him and he's not alone. RIP to both ..but the feels :(
Mar 31, 2019 5:00 AM

Feb 2013
Stay cool Kirito, stay fresh
Mar 31, 2019 5:35 AM

Oct 2014
DEP Eugeo. I though that he would survive T_T
Mar 31, 2019 7:14 AM

Mar 2016
My boi, Eugeo ;-; RIP to best bro of the series.
See you all in fall 2019.
I’ll give this an 8/10.
Some parts felt rushed, and although I loved Eugeo, I think he could have been made even better in regards to his backstory which could have been fleshed out better. Other than that, loved it.
Mar 31, 2019 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
Kirito201811 said:
Xerain said:

Thanks, It seems a bit confusing if Alice regained her memories since it makes no sense of the kid alice

That's actually wrong. She doesn't remember Selka, she only feels connected to her because of her desire to have a family and because some traits of Schuberg are still left inside her but the overall personality of Alice Schuberg is now with Eugeo.
Mar 31, 2019 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
I wish they wouldn't have killed him...
Mar 31, 2019 7:44 AM

Dec 2014
Well I am one of those people who is actually glad it is continuing
Mar 31, 2019 8:04 AM
Jan 2016
The fight between Kirito and Quinella was really cool, sadly was ended really quick, but i am glad Kirito used her dual wield!

R.I.P Eugeo, you did your best and you were trully an awesome mc, was hertwarming to remember their past as a three!

Quinella had what she deserves, but she was a nice character aswell!

So we are kinda back to real world, and Turtle is under attack, and honestly i didn't expect that, they finished this cour with a awesome clifhanger, i am crazy right now, i wonder if Asuna is really entering in Alicization or if is Kirito hallucinating!

Overall, i loved that cour, Art and Animation always awesome, fights were sometimes to fast, but they managed to made this season really
exciting, and with an awesome pace, i am trully glad we will have 2nd cour in October, i loved new characters we have meet in this long ride, and all opening and endings were exciting and fantastic!

For me is a 10 out of 10!
Mar 31, 2019 8:11 AM

Sep 2017
Limaolc said:
The fight between Kirito and Quinella was really cool, sadly was ended really quick, but i am glad Kirito used her dual wield!

R.I.P Eugeo, you did your best and you were trully an awesome mc, was hertwarming to remember their past as a three!

Quinella had what she deserves, but she was a nice character aswell!

So we are kinda back to real world, and Turtle is under attack, and honestly i didn't expect that, they finished this cour with a awesome clifhanger, i am crazy right now, i wonder if Asuna is really entering in Alicization or if is Kirito hallucinating!

Overall, i loved that cour, Art and Animation always awesome, fights were sometimes to fast, but they managed to made this season really
exciting, and with an awesome pace, i am trully glad we will have 2nd cour in October, i loved new characters we have meet in this long ride, and all opening and endings were exciting and fantastic!

For me is a 10 out of 10!
yes asuna will dive in to underworld with suguha and sinnon, the next part will focus on Alice and Asuna's POV while kirito is in coma
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.