Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 29, 2019 6:59 PM

Jan 2018
Do you guys think this anime will get a second season since the manga is still publishing?
Mar 29, 2019 7:18 PM
May 2013
To be honest, I hope not.. the manga is way better. In comparison, the anime feels really rushed, it ends up not giving the development between the characters that the manga does, and it kinda ruins the whole adaptation ://
But do I THINK it will? Id say no. The manga got really popular from the adaptation, a second season probably wouldnt bring that many new readers
Mar 29, 2019 7:26 PM
Feb 2009
I don't about know about a 2nd season but a ova or side stories.... maybe....
Mar 29, 2019 8:05 PM
Feb 2017
I don’t know. I’d be down with it though, cuz best girl Rui gets spot light and Natsu following his dream
Mar 29, 2019 8:11 PM

Oct 2013
These anime will never almost 2nd season. Heck, some of the most popular things out there with both the masses & the elite crowd like OnePunchMan and Attack on Titan still took freaking years to get more seasons.

If it ain't in shounen-jump nowadays, then forget the idea of more seasons.
Mar 29, 2019 8:25 PM
Feb 2016
AntonioWux said:
Do you guys think this anime will get a second season since the manga is still publishing?

*Intensified laughing*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!, yeah no.

Honestly, they screwed this up big time to the point where I don't even want to see the manga animated anymore. They pulled a Tokyo Ghoul:re in one season by jamming in 16 chapters to 1 episode and skipping over a bunch of others and even not adapting other chapters in the first place. Not only that, but the mixed/negative reception from fans isn't helping it either since they adapted this poorly.

It's more than likely that this was made just to promote the manga, but even that failed in Japan since while this was airing, the manga sales haven't improved/increased at all compared to other powerhouses like Gotoubun, Kaguya-sama, and Promised Neverland (and this one already got a season 2 for 2020). Tbh, this didn't even need an adaptation to begin with, given how it's kinda going downhill now

Gotoubun and Kaguya-sama also have high chances of getting sequels as well, since they were really popular with fans as well and also got a big boost because of their anime adaptations. In all honesty, I prefer Gotoubun more than DK since it actually feels fulfilling and the MC isn't an idiot like Natsuo. I can just never find a way to like this guy
Swag_AkatsukiMar 29, 2019 8:31 PM
Mar 29, 2019 8:25 PM

Jan 2018
IF this ever got a season 2 then it'll be even worse than s1 because even though s1 is trash the next part of the manga is even trashier.
CongintiveMar 29, 2019 8:29 PM
Mar 29, 2019 8:27 PM
Feb 2016
sesedelaghetto said:
To be honest, I hope not.. the manga is way better. In comparison, the anime feels really rushed, it ends up not giving the development between the characters that the manga does, and it kinda ruins the whole adaptation ://
But do I THINK it will? Id say no. The manga got really popular from the adaptation, a second season probably wouldnt bring that many new readers

Did the manga really get popular? I checked the sale numbers from Japan, and none of its past volumes have appeared at all in the top 50 for each week since it began airing, unlike Gotoubun, Kaguya-sama, and Promised Neverland at the time. It may have gotten more noticed in the west, but mainly because people have been mentioning how trash it is (like Gigguk mentioned and I thank him for doing so).
Mar 29, 2019 8:28 PM
Feb 2016
Congintive said:
IF this ever got a season 2 then it'll be even worse than s1 because even though s1 is trash the next part of the part is even trashier.

My thoughts exactly. It's a lose-lose situation for them. No point in wasting money and doing another season if the next one is just gonna adapt one of the worst arcs of the manga.
Mar 29, 2019 9:31 PM

May 2015
For the people that actually somehow liked the anime, I'm sure it would be a good thing for them. But as a manga reader, I thought the first season was trash and I wouldn't even bother watching another. They skipped so much already and I have no reason to doubt that they'd continue to skip shit. It would just be a waste of my time.

Mar 29, 2019 9:34 PM

Sep 2016
Supersky said:
AntonioWux said:

*Intensified laughing*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!, yeah no.

Honestly, they screwed this up big time to the point where I don't even want to see the manga animated anymore. They pulled a Tokyo Ghoul:re in one season by jamming in 16 chapters to 1 episode and skipping over a bunch of others and even not adapting other chapters in the first place. Not only that, but the mixed/negative reception from fans isn't helping it either since they adapted this poorly.

It's more than likely that this was made just to promote the manga, but even that failed in Japan since while this was airing, the manga sales haven't improved/increased at all compared to other powerhouses like Gotoubun, Kaguya-sama, and Promised Neverland (and this one already got a season 2 for 2020). Tbh, this didn't even need an adaptation to begin with, given how it's kinda going downhill now

Gotoubun and Kaguya-sama also have high chances of getting sequels as well, since they were really popular with fans as well and also got a big boost because of their anime adaptations. In all honesty, I prefer Gotoubun more than DK since it actually feels fulfilling and the MC isn't an idiot like Natsuo. I can just never find a way to like this guy

You're right, the Anime will never get on the second season The first season was shit
RedS7Mar 29, 2019 9:39 PM
Mar 29, 2019 9:53 PM
Jan 2018
I hope not the first season was absolute horse shit
Mar 30, 2019 4:17 AM
Mar 2014
Looking forward to the season 2, time for Rui to be on the spotlight.

This series reminds me a lot of Kimi No Iru Machi

That one only got like 1 season in anime, but continue great in Manga.
I like how they actually grew up each with their own life, and ultimately they were able to come back together again.

Now it will be interesting to see how this series develops as the characters grows older.
Mar 30, 2019 11:19 AM
Oct 2012
Kinda sad since I enjoyed the anime, but without having context with the manga, I feel I will switch gears and trash the anime as well.

I disliked the ending because it gave a hook to a sequel but I know just take my ass to the manga.
Mar 30, 2019 1:38 PM

Mar 2018
I hope not. This anime was pure trash.
Evangelion is shit
May 9, 2019 11:34 PM
Aug 2015
Damn, people these days are so critical. The series was done to promote the manga. So the chances of a second season are slim. But it really does need another season to wrap up the story. Otherwise, it's gonna be cruel to leave the story as it is. And I personally enjoyed the show. Depends on the viewer. If shows with dark romance stories aren't your thing, don't bother watching. But don't ruin it for those who did enjoy the show. Calling it trash is a bit too much. Have a chill pill.
Mitul007May 16, 2019 3:10 AM
May 31, 2019 11:24 AM
May 2019
To be honest a second season is needed against the manga series. Though both would be classed as ongoing the series really has created a large fan base online who are eager to see a dubbed version and another season to help tidy up the anime. The manga has and is still ever ongoing and even so I feel I prefer the manga but is still refreshing to see the anime which has continued to increase its fan base and i do love the intro music. Some even want the release of it on Amazon prime for other countries. Hopefully it does become a thing all as such mentioned above.
Jun 1, 2019 10:43 AM

Apr 2017
as a Humble fan of the Adaptation it would be wise to forget the 1st season and hope for a remake in the far Future to keep the Quality of the Manga's Story, as for the sequel... plz don't.
Jun 2, 2019 10:11 AM
Jun 2019
Heyy writers!!!! I am a big fan of this anime and manga from INDIA♥️...I had seen it 3-4 times...Love your storyline and artwork👌👌🤗.....
PS: CRIED ALOT😭😭..But Please please I request u🙏🙏..Bring Hina and Natsuo Back please😭😭😭
Oct 5, 2019 12:44 AM
Jun 2019
We all know that diomeda studio only adapt 1 anime season only .or if lucky they get an ova at least .the studio only adapat to promote the ln/manga .lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

156 by NaughtySempai »»
Yesterday, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

261 by venbals »»
Apr 15, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

141 by venbals »»
Apr 15, 6:47 PM

» It has a happy ending

removed-user - Mar 11

37 by Kwiatek280 »»
Apr 15, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

131 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.