Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Domestic na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion

Apr 12, 2:25 AM
apparently i dropped the series on episode 8.. am i the only one that thinks the three main characters are kinda stupid and have no morals? it's basically the same thing over and over again. pretty imature behaviour of them. i couldn't stand to watch another episode

Apr 12, 1:12 PM

Really good last episode. As far as depicting depression after utter loss this was one of the most real one I have seen in this medium. Hits hard.

This ending actually made me to read manga. Which is quite decent if you like the story from anime you wont be disappointed.

This is the closest to a hentai with plot. Or maybe any other Netflix romance series with a lot of sex that is somehow seen like a great thing by anyone.

CatSoul said:
Aha...I get it. So it's wrong to fuck your stepsister who's also your teacher and she has to be punished for it, but it's alright if it's just your stepsister?

No, actually. Fuck this show.

5/10

As stupid as this may get, yes. Kinda. Mainly the fact that she was his teacher. This was a problem. On the other hand the thing regarding your question - having read manga up to Chapter 160~
- very mild spoiler.

In my opinion this step-siblings bullshit is there just to make thing spicy. It is not like they are blood-related or anything.

mary_zervou said:
apparently i dropped the series on episode 8.. am i the only one that thinks the three main characters are kinda stupid and have no morals? it's basically the same thing over and over again. pretty imature behaviour of them. i couldn't stand to watch another episode

They characters depicted in the story are definitely not very idealized. Compared to the most media they look rather stupid, they makes mistakes and they are kind of immoral just like a lot of real life people. Compared to some people I have met they are like angels when it comes to morals but whatever. This story is an emotional rollercoaster with all possible spicyness added to it. You have to like this kind of a dumpster fire to even go further.

If you ask me this was somewhat refreshing after all those romance anime when the characters blush heavily even after holding hands. Needing 10 episode to say "mmm I like you" and then running away.
Modified by tearofmankind, Apr 12, 1:16 PM

Apr 12, 1:53 PM
tearofmankind said:
Really good last episode. As far as depicting depression after utter loss this was one of the most real one I have seen in this medium. Hits hard.

This ending actually made me to read manga. Which is quite decent if you like the story from anime you wont be disappointed.

This is the closest to a hentai with plot. Or maybe any other Netflix romance series with a lot of sex that is somehow seen like a great thing by anyone.

CatSoul said:
Aha...I get it. So it's wrong to fuck your stepsister who's also your teacher and she has to be punished for it, but it's alright if it's just your stepsister?

No, actually. Fuck this show.

5/10

As stupid as this may get, yes. Kinda. Mainly the fact that she was his teacher. This was a problem. On the other hand the thing regarding your question - having read manga up to Chapter 160~
- very mild spoiler.

In my opinion this step-siblings bullshit is there just to make thing spicy. It is not like they are blood-related or anything.

mary_zervou said:

They characters depicted in the story are definitely not very idealized. Compared to the most media they look rather stupid, they makes mistakes and they are kind of immoral just like a lot of real life people. Compared to some people I have met they are like angels when it comes to morals but whatever. This story is an emotional rollercoaster with all possible spicyness added to it. You have to like this kind of a dumpster fire to even go further.

If you ask me this was somewhat refreshing after all those romance anime when the characters blush heavily even after holding hands. Needing 10 episode to say "mmm I like you" and then running away.

I kept waiting and waiting the moment when natsuo would understand and thing logically and ethically what's the best/ right thing to do for him and everyone else. But he kept dragging himself into more and more bullshit.. And the teacher so selfish she was (as well as natsuo and her sister) not to consider what's actually good for natsuo. Ok she said that being together is like committing double suicide but in the next episode she like totally forgotabout it. She sould have stepped up as an adult (that she so claims to be) and not drag herself into bill shot either. And oh my I hated the dumb expression they made ALL THE DAMN TIME {:|

Apr 12, 2:30 PM

mary_zervou said:

I kept waiting and waiting the moment when natsuo would understand and thing logically and ethically what's the best/ right thing to do for him and everyone else. But he kept dragging himself into more and more bullshit.. And the teacher so selfish she was (as well as natsuo and her sister) not to consider what's actually good for natsuo. Ok she said that being together is like committing double suicide but in the next episode she like totally forgotabout it. She sould have stepped up as an adult (that she so claims to be) and not drag herself into bill shot either. And oh my I hated the dumb expression they made ALL THE DAMN TIME {:|

You gonna like the final episode then. Prior to that there are some moments when she is considering the thing you wrote but the final episode would address those problems very well.

Claiming to be an adult is the whole point of Hina`s character. She tries to be an adult but fails at it from time to time. She even calls herself a weak person. She is a type of a person that many male abusers are looking for - insecure, with low self-esteem and lost in an adult world. A perfect prey for the guys just like the adulterer guy from episode 3.

Apr 13, 2:38 PM
The best thing of this anime:

• Opening song
  • Ending song
  • The very short story of that Café Manager
"you've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like there's nobody listening, and live like it's heaven on earth."

― William W. Purkey

Apr 15, 6:08 AM
10/10 for comedy i probably laughed through half of the anime of how stupid it was

Apr 15, 11:32 AM

9/10 Great anime! I do not know why MAL reviews are controlled by HATERS?!

Apr 16, 6:43 PM

shitty anime about horny teenagers and cheap drama i'm gonna buy myself a cake for getting through it without dropping it lol

maybe i'm just too old for this kind of love stories, i mean i can never get natsou seriously cause i see him as a cringy kid.. then again its my fault for watching a school centered anime so i got what i deserved i guess..

anyway the yakuza guy x cafe owner story was more interesting and deep than the main couple i wish it was explored more

Apr 17, 6:18 PM

this anime in general pissed me off...

Rui acting all love dovey towards him as if nothing ever happened pissed me off even more

at least is not worse than that Kuzu no Honkai, thank goodness.

5/10

May 1, 6:57 AM

It was nice. I'll probably give it a 7/10

St. Patrick
PVRIS
White Noise

0:16 ──────────────── 4:20

⇆ㅤ↻ㅤㅤ◄ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ►ㅤㅤ❤ㅤ≡

May 4, 4:22 PM
this shit played with my emotions way too much.

May 9, 10:10 AM
This series isn't everyone's cup of tea. And the ending felt unsatisfying. I'm expecting atleast something to wrap up the story. But overall, this is a series I found to be quite enjoyable. But it isn't for everyone. Depends on the viewer.

May 16, 1:08 AM
Happy it's over, even though the anime was far from perfect, for some reason I couldn't stop watching it. I felt I had to finish it and I did. There were some genuinely decent moments sprinkled throughout the anime, but there were lots of wtf moments that made things awkward. Like Alex randomly kissing Natsuo and then next scene they act like nothing ever happened? I felt as if the side characters were totally unnecessary since it's as if they were introduced just to add drama or to fill up episode time for them to just barely ever be seen again. Natsuo, Hina and Rui annoyed me alot, considering it was a love triangle with Rui getting jealous over her sister and Natsuo being together and how she thinks it's wrong since they are family, but throughout the duration of the show, they both go back and forth basically sharing Natsuo. No characters are unique or stand out, the art/animation is not bad for Diomedia. I can't speak on how they adapted this from the manga since I haven't read it. Hina never discovered that Natsuo slept with Rui before they were a family, such a bummer they never included a scene like that. If the show had a solid plot and good characters that stood out and were unique, it would of been much better. Then Rui finding out from Natsuo that he slept with Hina, then suddenly gets on top of him basically saying, "Now that Hina isn't around, we can be together". Just seems like a weird ending... maybe she should of moved on and not bothered trying with her family member once again, but hey... that's how incest anime goes I guess. 5/10. If this anime was 24 episodes, they could of made it much better with more manga source material, and less cramming of the plot and better development of characters and story progression. Just stupid how Hina gets punished for kissing a student, so the school stays silent about it and transfers her to another school and Natsuo is just let off the hook? Lol what??
Modified by VengefulAura, May 16, 1:22 AM

May 16, 1:36 AM

I can say The OP is really awesome(prop to Minami), i think the best for this Winter, it also has a several good ED's. both OP and ED's really fit the situation and condition toward the story itself especially the OP.

I used to read the manga long time ago when it just around 30/40 chap, so i didn't expect they'll adapt the series.

TBH, idk what to say..., Objectively the way story revolves around MC is really awesome, the Up and Down between conflict, Mixed emotion/feeling in it, it felt so triggering yet somehow sometimes it became stupid that made me felt sickened, but i think it was the unique value on it. Subjectively/Personally this really made me pissed of yet i still continued to finish it( that's the special value). I glad there are some light joke/comedy to balance the tenses in the story.

I ship NatsuoxRui since the 1st time i read it long time ago, but i realized the agony and pain in this "Hina" phase is one part of the whole journey in this story, that's why the manga still ongoing til now. I just hope this'll end like previous manga made by the same author as this one(it called G:E a.k.a Good ending if i'm not mistaken) when the MC's realy dive throughout their thorny journey with literally quite similiar conflict and plot to this one that end in a really "good ending".

Well, as for this series, the manga still ongoing(around 200s chap if i'm not mistaken) and i heard some dissapointment from the reader, well I just hope NatsuoxRui ship'll said and keep sailing throughout the wave of plot and conflict that'll be made in this series :D, NatsuoxRui FTW.

Well,i loved the manga and i think the adaptation was good too. this was quite personal but since NatsuoxRui didn't really occure in this adaptation personally it'll be 9/10 for me.

May 27, 2:35 PM

I started this with doubts, expecting another Kuzu no honkai, glad it wasn't, someway i enjoyed it but with some disappointment, I couldn't get to like the protagonist :c meh...but not that much to hate him, Rui alone was enough to let me continue it and this final left me empty...reading the major of people seems the anime is rushed with some lack of adaptation so i think i will try the manga ( •́ •̀ )

May 28, 11:05 PM

after finishing this anime... all i can think is why did i continue to watch this... seriously. So you walk in on your sister with a guy u turned down and then you start to date him??? wow what a great sister >_> and really if the story was focused on the younger sister, it would have been more interesting imo... The main character was just a pos. No thoughts of how his actions could ruin the emotions of the people "in his family". Everyone was just so "it's okay" to all the drama that it seemed so unreal. Not to mention various characters introduced that made no difference in the story at all.. will i wait for S2 to see if they explore other storylines... nope... not interested /rant end

May 30, 12:59 AM

What kind of person meticulously goes through what must be hundreds of pictures, only to notice the tiniest little detail in the background? Also how would ANYONE recognize EITHER of them in this picture?

Thank god this is finally over. Any longer and I would've seriously injured my face or hand from facepalming so hard every episode.

Absolutely HATED the dude. Exactly the kind of male lead I can't fucking stand. I also didn't give a SHIT about his stupid "I want to be an author" subplot.

Was about to give this a 5/10 but this final episode was so bad, I'll make it a 4/10.

10/10 for the opening though. It's a crime we didn't get to hear it in this episode.
Modified by grandy_UiD, May 31, 2:52 AM

Jun 2, 3:40 PM

Well, they skipped through probably about 20 manga chapters in this episode alone, what a feat. A lot of things and side-stories not even mentioned.

At least they concluded the arc but... they barely captured the spirit of the manga which is like 100% better. If you were interested at least a bit, please do the author favor and read it again from the start.. you would be surprised how well it is and how many more emotions and side-stories are there compared to the anime. They only animated only the critical path of the first arc (they cherry-picked out of like 70 chapters) with each episode the rush was more obvious.

If you even want to know Kiriya and Miyu's backstory, wanted to learn what happened during their club trip or during Hina x Natsuo weekend trip out of the town, if you even want to feel some sense of time-flowing with all the slice-of-life drama without evading all those juicy parts, than give the manga a go, you probably won't be disappointed.

As for the aniime nice try, but it doesn't really work without the manga as they stripped most of the character developement so things were happening without learning most of the characters motivations and reasons, everything felt shallow due to it and lead to almost no impact in the end.

6/10 Well, at least they stayed true to original. One plus point for the fact that Diomedea didn't repeated Fuuka's debacle.

Jun 10, 3:59 AM
Dunno why, but I kinda like this anime. I think this show must have a continuation in the future. I just liked it inspite the final. I feel like it was short of fast.

For me the better thing was seeing Rina not giving up in Natsuo.

Jun 17, 9:19 AM
Upload season 2 please

Jul 4, 8:35 AM

I managed to make it through the entire series; there were highs and lows, questionable morals and values, but all-in-all not a total waste.

IMO - Natsuo was not ready for a mature relationship because he was still a kid, not only in age but in character too. Even though he was more mature (on an intellectual level) than his friends/classmates, otherwise this kid was an emotionally suppressed wreck. Even losing his virginity was downplayed; that should be a guy's highlight in life.

Hina is a succubus; yes she is a weak person and her so-called sacrifice was only to save face. Okay, you had a crush on your teacher, but nothing happened until (I think it was the 2nd year) college. Kudos to you Hagiwara for not fooling around with a teen and student, no matter what your feelings were. Although cheating on your wife was unacceptable. This chick was all over the place. You catch feelings after seeing Natsuo kiss your little sister??? Get the f*** outta here. That was the lamest crap ever. I know Hina's popular in the polls (don't know why), but she's a loosey-goosey in both character and morales.

Rui - I love her personality; she's not 100%, yet a much better character than the rest of those schmucks. She makes choices and deals with the consequences. The most 'real' character of them all. Both she and Natsuo need to move on to other people.

The ex-yakuza/cafe owner - the best character of the entire series. Awaiting his back story.

Momo - stop trying so hard; let things process naturally.

Poor parents in the series and boo to the principal who had the balls to send Hina-the pedo to another school. Seriously??? Covering it up is one thing, but to put her back in a classroom - for shame.

Jul 4, 5:28 PM

I LOVE THIS ENDING !!!!!!

Ok.......SO EVERYONE INCLUDING THE PARENTS AND FRIENDS FOUND OUT LOL GIVING BACK THAT SUPPORT TO NATSUO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL !!!!!

RUI IN THE END, ALSO GOING FOR NATSUO TOO, LOOKS LIKE SEX, EVERYONE BEING TRUE TO THEMSELVES !!!!!!

WE NEED A SEASON 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT A CONTINUATION, WOULD BE NICE TO SEE, RUI OR HINA, OR MAYBE THINGS LOOK GOOD A THREESOME !!!!!! LOL

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

Preview MangaManga Store