Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 12, 2019 1:53 PM
May 2016
tearofmankind said:
Really good last episode. As far as depicting depression after utter loss this was one of the most real one I have seen in this medium. Hits hard.

This ending actually made me to read manga. Which is quite decent if you like the story from anime you wont be disappointed.

This is the closest to a hentai with plot. Or maybe any other Netflix romance series with a lot of sex that is somehow seen like a great thing by anyone.

CatSoul said:
Aha...I get it. So it's wrong to fuck your stepsister who's also your teacher and she has to be punished for it, but it's alright if it's just your stepsister?

No, actually. Fuck this show.

5/10

As stupid as this may get, yes. Kinda. Mainly the fact that she was his teacher. This was a problem. On the other hand the thing regarding your question - having read manga up to Chapter 160~
- very mild spoiler.

In my opinion this step-siblings bullshit is there just to make thing spicy. It is not like they are blood-related or anything.

mary_zervou said:
apparently i dropped the series on episode 8.. am i the only one that thinks the three main characters are kinda stupid and have no morals? it's basically the same thing over and over again. pretty imature behaviour of them. i couldn't stand to watch another episode

They characters depicted in the story are definitely not very idealized. Compared to the most media they look rather stupid, they makes mistakes and they are kind of immoral just like a lot of real life people. Compared to some people I have met they are like angels when it comes to morals but whatever. This story is an emotional rollercoaster with all possible spicyness added to it. You have to like this kind of a dumpster fire to even go further.

If you ask me this was somewhat refreshing after all those romance anime when the characters blush heavily even after holding hands. Needing 10 episode to say "mmm I like you" and then running away.

I kept waiting and waiting the moment when natsuo would understand and thing logically and ethically what's the best/ right thing to do for him and everyone else. But he kept dragging himself into more and more bullshit.. And the teacher so selfish she was (as well as natsuo and her sister) not to consider what's actually good for natsuo. Ok she said that being together is like committing double suicide but in the next episode she like totally forgotabout it. She sould have stepped up as an adult (that she so claims to be) and not drag herself into bill shot either. And oh my I hated the dumb expression they made ALL THE DAMN TIME {:|
Apr 12, 2019 2:30 PM

Dec 2010
mary_zervou said:

I kept waiting and waiting the moment when natsuo would understand and thing logically and ethically what's the best/ right thing to do for him and everyone else. But he kept dragging himself into more and more bullshit.. And the teacher so selfish she was (as well as natsuo and her sister) not to consider what's actually good for natsuo. Ok she said that being together is like committing double suicide but in the next episode she like totally forgotabout it. She sould have stepped up as an adult (that she so claims to be) and not drag herself into bill shot either. And oh my I hated the dumb expression they made ALL THE DAMN TIME {:|

You gonna like the final episode then. Prior to that there are some moments when she is considering the thing you wrote but the final episode would address those problems very well.

Claiming to be an adult is the whole point of Hina`s character. She tries to be an adult but fails at it from time to time. She even calls herself a weak person. She is a type of a person that many male abusers are looking for - insecure, with low self-esteem and lost in an adult world. A perfect prey for the guys just like the adulterer guy from episode 3.
Apr 13, 2019 2:38 PM
Jul 2014
The best thing of this anime:

• Opening song
  • Ending song
  • The very short story of that Café Manager
Apr 15, 2019 6:08 AM
Jan 2017
10/10 for comedy i probably laughed through half of the anime of how stupid it was
Apr 15, 2019 11:32 AM

Jan 2008
9/10 Great anime! I do not know why MAL reviews are controlled by HATERS?!
Apr 16, 2019 6:43 PM

Sep 2007
shitty anime about horny teenagers and cheap drama i'm gonna buy myself a cake for getting through it without dropping it lol

maybe i'm just too old for this kind of love stories, i mean i can never get natsou seriously cause i see him as a cringy kid.. then again its my fault for watching a school centered anime so i got what i deserved i guess..

anyway the yakuza guy x cafe owner story was more interesting and deep than the main couple i wish it was explored more
Apr 17, 2019 6:18 PM

Feb 2014
this anime in general pissed me off...

Rui acting all love dovey towards him as if nothing ever happened pissed me off even more

at least is not worse than that Kuzu no Honkai, thank goodness.

5/10
May 4, 2019 4:22 PM
Apr 2017
this shit played with my emotions way too much.
May 9, 2019 10:10 AM
Aug 2015
This series isn't everyone's cup of tea. And the ending felt unsatisfying. I'm expecting atleast something to wrap up the story. But overall, this is a series I found to be quite enjoyable. But it isn't for everyone. Depends on the viewer.
May 16, 2019 1:08 AM
Feb 2018
Happy it's over, even though the anime was far from perfect, for some reason I couldn't stop watching it. I felt I had to finish it and I did. There were some genuinely decent moments sprinkled throughout the anime, but there were lots of wtf moments that made things awkward. Like Alex randomly kissing Natsuo and then next scene they act like nothing ever happened? I felt as if the side characters were totally unnecessary since it's as if they were introduced just to add drama or to fill up episode time for them to just barely ever be seen again. Natsuo, Hina and Rui annoyed me alot, considering it was a love triangle with Rui getting jealous over her sister and Natsuo being together and how she thinks it's wrong since they are family, but throughout the duration of the show, they both go back and forth basically sharing Natsuo. No characters are unique or stand out, the art/animation is not bad for Diomedia. I can't speak on how they adapted this from the manga since I haven't read it. Hina never discovered that Natsuo slept with Rui before they were a family, such a bummer they never included a scene like that. If the show had a solid plot and good characters that stood out and were unique, it would of been much better. Then Rui finding out from Natsuo that he slept with Hina, then suddenly gets on top of him basically saying, "Now that Hina isn't around, we can be together". Just seems like a weird ending... maybe she should of moved on and not bothered trying with her family member once again, but hey... that's how incest anime goes I guess. 5/10. If this anime was 24 episodes, they could of made it much better with more manga source material, and less cramming of the plot and better development of characters and story progression. Just stupid how Hina gets punished for kissing a student, so the school stays silent about it and transfers her to another school and Natsuo is just let off the hook? Lol what??
VengefulAuraMay 16, 2019 1:22 AM
May 16, 2019 1:36 AM

Nov 2014
I can say The OP is really awesome(prop to Minami), i think the best for this Winter, it also has a several good ED's. both OP and ED's really fit the situation and condition toward the story itself especially the OP.

I used to read the manga long time ago when it just around 30/40 chap, so i didn't expect they'll adapt the series.

TBH, idk what to say..., Objectively the way story revolves around MC is really awesome, the Up and Down between conflict, Mixed emotion/feeling in it, it felt so triggering yet somehow sometimes it became stupid that made me felt sickened, but i think it was the unique value on it. Subjectively/Personally this really made me pissed of yet i still continued to finish it( that's the special value). I glad there are some light joke/comedy to balance the tenses in the story.

I ship NatsuoxRui since the 1st time i read it long time ago, but i realized the agony and pain in this "Hina" phase is one part of the whole journey in this story, that's why the manga still ongoing til now. I just hope this'll end like previous manga made by the same author as this one(it called G:E a.k.a Good ending if i'm not mistaken) when the MC's realy dive throughout their thorny journey with literally quite similiar conflict and plot to this one that end in a really "good ending".

Well, as for this series, the manga still ongoing(around 200s chap if i'm not mistaken) and i heard some dissapointment from the reader, well I just hope NatsuoxRui ship'll said and keep sailing throughout the wave of plot and conflict that'll be made in this series :D, NatsuoxRui FTW.

Well,i loved the manga and i think the adaptation was good too. this was quite personal but since NatsuoxRui didn't really occure in this adaptation personally it'll be 9/10 for me.
May 27, 2019 2:35 PM

Jan 2016
I started this with doubts, expecting another Kuzu no honkai, glad it wasn't, someway i enjoyed it but with some disappointment, I couldn't get to like the protagonist :c meh...but not that much to hate him, Rui alone was enough to let me continue it and this final left me empty...reading the major of people seems the anime is rushed with some lack of adaptation so i think i will try the manga ( •́ •̀ )
May 28, 2019 11:05 PM

Dec 2014
after finishing this anime... all i can think is why did i continue to watch this... seriously. So you walk in on your sister with a guy u turned down and then you start to date him??? wow what a great sister >_> and really if the story was focused on the younger sister, it would have been more interesting imo... The main character was just a pos. No thoughts of how his actions could ruin the emotions of the people "in his family". Everyone was just so "it's okay" to all the drama that it seemed so unreal. Not to mention various characters introduced that made no difference in the story at all.. will i wait for S2 to see if they explore other storylines... nope... not interested /rant end
May 30, 2019 12:59 AM

Jun 2009
What kind of person meticulously goes through what must be hundreds of pictures, only to notice the tiniest little detail in the background? Also how would ANYONE recognize EITHER of them in this picture?

Thank god this is finally over. Any longer and I would've seriously injured my face or hand from facepalming so hard every episode.

Absolutely HATED the dude. Exactly the kind of male lead I can't fucking stand. I also didn't give a SHIT about his stupid "I want to be an author" subplot.

Was about to give this a 5/10 but this final episode was so bad, I'll make it a 4/10.

10/10 for the opening though. It's a crime we didn't get to hear it in this episode.
grandy_UiDMay 31, 2019 2:52 AM
Jun 2, 2019 3:40 PM

Oct 2012
Well, they skipped through probably about 20 manga chapters in this episode alone, what a feat. A lot of things and side-stories not even mentioned.

At least they concluded the arc but... they barely captured the spirit of the manga which is like 100% better. If you were interested at least a bit, please do the author favor and read it again from the start.. you would be surprised how well it is and how many more emotions and side-stories are there compared to the anime. They only animated only the critical path of the first arc (they cherry-picked out of like 70 chapters) with each episode the rush was more obvious.

If you even want to know Kiriya and Miyu's backstory, wanted to learn what happened during their club trip or during Hina x Natsuo weekend trip out of the town, if you even want to feel some sense of time-flowing with all the slice-of-life drama without evading all those juicy parts, than give the manga a go, you probably won't be disappointed.

As for the aniime nice try, but it doesn't really work without the manga as they stripped most of the character developement so things were happening without learning most of the characters motivations and reasons, everything felt shallow due to it and lead to almost no impact in the end.

6/10 Well, at least they stayed true to original. One plus point for the fact that Diomedea didn't repeated Fuuka's debacle.
Jun 10, 2019 3:59 AM
Feb 2018
Dunno why, but I kinda like this anime. I think this show must have a continuation in the future. I just liked it inspite the final. I feel like it was short of fast.

For me the better thing was seeing Rina not giving up in Natsuo.
Jun 17, 2019 9:19 AM
Jun 2019
Upload season 2 please
Jul 4, 2019 8:35 AM

Aug 2011
I managed to make it through the entire series; there were highs and lows, questionable morals and values, but all-in-all not a total waste.

IMO - Natsuo was not ready for a mature relationship because he was still a kid, not only in age but in character too. Even though he was more mature (on an intellectual level) than his friends/classmates, otherwise this kid was an emotionally suppressed wreck. Even losing his virginity was downplayed; that should be a guy's highlight in life.

Hina is a succubus; yes she is a weak person and her so-called sacrifice was only to save face. Okay, you had a crush on your teacher, but nothing happened until (I think it was the 2nd year) college. Kudos to you Hagiwara for not fooling around with a teen and student, no matter what your feelings were. Although cheating on your wife was unacceptable. This chick was all over the place. You catch feelings after seeing Natsuo kiss your little sister??? Get the f*** outta here. That was the lamest crap ever. I know Hina's popular in the polls (don't know why), but she's a loosey-goosey in both character and morales.

Rui - I love her personality; she's not 100%, yet a much better character than the rest of those schmucks. She makes choices and deals with the consequences. The most 'real' character of them all. Both she and Natsuo need to move on to other people.

The ex-yakuza/cafe owner - the best character of the entire series. Awaiting his back story.

Momo - stop trying so hard; let things process naturally.

Poor parents in the series and boo to the principal who had the balls to send Hina-the pedo to another school. Seriously??? Covering it up is one thing, but to put her back in a classroom - for shame.
Jul 4, 2019 5:28 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I LOVE THIS ENDING !!!!!!

Ok.......SO EVERYONE INCLUDING THE PARENTS AND FRIENDS FOUND OUT LOL GIVING BACK THAT SUPPORT TO NATSUO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL !!!!!

RUI IN THE END, ALSO GOING FOR NATSUO TOO, LOOKS LIKE SEX, EVERYONE BEING TRUE TO THEMSELVES !!!!!!

WE NEED A SEASON 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT A CONTINUATION, WOULD BE NICE TO SEE, RUI OR HINA, OR MAYBE THINGS LOOK GOOD A THREESOME !!!!!! LOL
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jul 27, 2019 3:14 PM

Apr 2019
I really got sad when watching this episode, the ending made it worse, now Hina just vanished and he's just gonna continue with Rui? weird and disappointing ending.

If it just had gotten a better ending i wouldve loved it but now i feel dead inside, maybe the manga has more to offer.

Nonetheless, i still loved the anime since it really showed emotions that made me very happy and sad, i hope season 2 will eventually come out.
Jul 28, 2019 5:01 AM
Jun 2019
Man till the very end I thought dbag will go after rui but he didn't and who cares about hina man they screwed their own show
On brighter side rui is single now so if it is based on real life well then 😉
Aug 24, 2019 7:18 AM

Aug 2008
i liked anime, ok pass time, but that MC... bruh he is such douchebag ruining lives of both sisters, wish he got boat ending
Sep 13, 2019 2:09 PM
Mar 2016
All of this stupid to me that's all I of to say.
Sep 17, 2019 12:56 PM

Jun 2016
Quite rare that I hesitate this much about what I think of a show. There were times that it seemed promising and pleasant to watch, but then it’d be ruined by all means. Especially I hate how it ended after all that one-direction Natsuo has always taken. Such a shame.
Sep 18, 2019 10:49 PM

Dec 2010
What a stupid mc he is the worst protagonist I have ever laid eyes on,the guy is so empty all he does is stands there and do nothing the most boring guy on the planet and some how every girl he come upon want his dick, he literally does nothing to earn the adoration that all the girls give him,I hate him with a passion and I wish he gets a school days ending.
hack5Sep 19, 2019 8:03 AM
Sep 20, 2019 2:59 AM
Sep 2019
Wala na po bang next episode to or next season..paki answer po..salamat.
#respectpost
Oct 2, 2019 3:25 PM
Nov 2018
Really bad ending, The anime in general was really good though - except for the fact that we (the audience & characters) took a full circle back to point A... ReLIFE still holds the position of being the best Romance anime for me.
Oct 22, 2019 8:06 AM
Oct 2019
When season 2 will redy again? I hope can be faster
Nov 14, 2019 5:15 PM

Sep 2013
The OP is lit.
The show is subpar to the excitement felt from the OP.
The adaption of this show is like if a hentai studio was challenged to make a show that has no hentai in it.
A lot of convenience plot devices to escalate the drama.
Everybody takes something fun like picking teams but come at eachother throats like their lives depend on it.
Honestly the typical deluded shippers ruin it.
Dec 12, 2019 8:08 AM

Feb 2019
I don't know about overall quality, I'm biased at this point. I just couldn't stop enjoying and I loved this series start to finish.

It was really sad for me seeing Hina leaving and Natsuo being such a wreck after that. I don't have a specific preference of Hina or Rui, I just want both of them to be happy.

It was heartbreaking to see Hina this episode. First, she begged with her whole life to make sure that it wasn't made public and ruin Natsuo's life. For that, she had to move away so suddenly without telling anybody. When she started crying on the roof, it was heart-wrenching...

That letter was especially strong at pulling my heartstrings. It was downright depressing. I probably would have responded similarly to Natsuo.

"Art is born out of suffering and sadness" huh. I guess that makes sense. It was really nice seeing Natsuo pouring his heart out on his novel and actually winning the award for best amateur entry.

The moment he ran and hugged Rui who was looking like Hina though... I can understand how he felt at that moment, having so much to tell and wanting to say them all straight away.

Hina cut her hair. And I loved seeing that she was still looking at Natsuo from the distance, having bought his novel. I wish there was a second season and I wish there's just some ending where everybody's happy.

This anime has left a void in my heart. I need to read the manga.
Dec 28, 2019 6:28 PM
Dec 2019
Overall a shitty anime
It was fine in the beginning but ended up being a stupid and a depressing unlikable show in the end.The only good espects were the OP and Rui(Best girl without argument).
5/10 (Just cuz it was fine in the beginning)
Jan 7, 2020 11:27 PM

Aug 2018
I hope there’s a second season, I’d like more of these 3 nuts doing their thing. I’m glad that Rui is going to get the big D from now on. Lol
Jan 8, 2020 1:30 PM

Jun 2012
Gotta love high quality trash.
Mar 3, 2020 5:20 PM

Feb 2012
Didn't read the manga and i was enjoying the show.
But, this ending killed it for me.
Vert dissapointed. Time to read the manga i Guess.
Op is top tier tho

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Mar 5, 2020 9:24 PM

Jan 2016
God damn I am so glad I am done with this trash and now I can add it to the completed list and never fucking think about it again.

Every character in this show was stupid as fuck.

And Natsuo is such a whiny bitch holy fuck.
Mar 25, 2020 2:10 PM
Feb 2020
Please make "Domestic na Kanojo" Season 2
Apr 6, 2020 10:07 PM

Sep 2018
Such a trashy romance jeez, scumbag MCs, cringe decision making and scenes, trigger inducing... Yet still somewhat entertaining. 6/10. The Op is one of the best ever, I'll give it that.
May 4, 2020 4:39 AM
Apr 2020
Hoping that it would be Natsuo x Rui or i'm boycotting this author hahaha
May 5, 2020 8:47 AM
Sep 2016
God damn it!
Why didn't I realize it sooner that studio Diomedea made this anime adaptation!
Just like studio Madhouse they never make continuations and literally 99% of all anime never get a 2nd season! :(
I love works by Madhouse but I hate them and Diomedea for treating the anime platform as a big damn add promotion for the manga.
May 6, 2020 6:47 AM
May 2020
I only Watch This Anime During this ECQ and this Is The first Time I created A Account So i can Get A feedback,Id Really Wishh That Thiss Will Have Season 2 After Quarantinee Ill wait cuzz this Is The best Anime And Story That i Watch In My Life really Like Thee storyline Andd Like The Way of The Story Workout Id just Wish Theres Moree Hehehe Thank You!
Jun 12, 2020 4:29 AM

Oct 2012
oh god after the manga ended I wanted to binge the series and start with the anime cuz I heard it doesn't do the manga justice. boy were they right. but hinas selflessness in the manga is def true here. holy shit poor woman.

def no s2 but it would be nice to see the rest of the manga animated but ya I'm convinced anime adaptions 90 percent of the time are just used to fuel the original content.

I'll miss hearing yoko hikasas voice. her voice is really what got me into subbed anime.

onto read the manga!
Jun 12, 2020 6:30 PM

Oct 2013
Looking back on the anime, which could be seen as "the prologue" of DomeKano featuring chapters 1-71 of the manga that sets events into motion, the overall story really comes full circle nicely, even if the delivery ain't the best and could've used some more time(as usual...).

It has it's ups & downs but is overall a pretty enjoyable read so & I definitely recommend people give it a go!

And no, don't expect any S2, as I'd be hard to find as good of a stopping point, lol and the manga's like 276 chapters long + some extras.
Jun 22, 2020 9:12 PM
Jun 2020
LIKED THE RC OF NATSUO AND HINA AND HOW HINA SACRIFICED HER LOVE FOR THE BETTER LIFE OF NATSUO
LOVED THE SERIES 8/10
Jul 4, 2020 1:13 PM

Mar 2019
So this is the ending. Not that bad tbh, didn't expect Natsuo to live again after that. I'll go read the manga since it ended and I don't want to be late for it (even though I still am by a little). but yea probably 7/10 for this. I mean,the SoL part was way better than School days and I didn't get bored.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 15, 2020 6:42 AM

May 2012
Some romance anime like this one is often a huge hit or miss and is very biased towards the viewer as it plays with certain feelings and emotions that for some hit too close to home.

I for one found this anime pretty great, the characters and events and while the ending is very bittersweet and I am sure a lot would've preferred a more love ending than this rather 'bad end' type of way. The way the school also 'found out' was pretty shit if you'd ask me, to have that detail and recognition while going through probably thousands of taken photo's is pretty insane and found it therefore a real shame that that was the reason the school found out and that she took it upon herself to not involve anyone else.

That he then won the award and that we then see it in book format at Hina's new location did made it so that she didn't waste everything for him by making that choice completely alone without discussing it with anyone just to hide the secret of their relationship.

The various characters were interesting and while more were introduced they never really stood a chance against either Hina or Rui in this story, as a visual novel this would make sense for the different routes you could take but in anime form it just felt like another background character making an appearance without making any difference in the actual story.

Still it was quite nice if you ask me and while everything was going at a very good way for them to have it end like that was really a shame if you ask me.

All in all it was a nice watch if you ask me.
Jul 30, 2020 4:42 PM

Apr 2019
Fuck Hina; She got what was coming to her.
Fuck Natsuo; his ending was way happier than he deserved.
Rui is wasting her time with that waste of space and deserved so much more.
Fumiya is the man.
Kobayashi is a legend.
Natsuo's dad is the most wholesome dad of all dads in the history of dads.

That sums up my feelings about this show
Aug 17, 2020 2:36 AM

Oct 2013
Damn, it's amazing to see all the angry Hina haters when all she did was answer Natsuo's feelings & her own after holding herself back for so long due to their teacher x student position - truly yikes.

Besides that, it's like failing to notice the very crucial impact she had on his life due to his strong feelings for her, which he put into his writing which led to the creation of the story that allowed his dream of becoming a novelist come true & has further ripple effects that you'll see in the manga should you decide to continue.

It's like people came into a taboo teacher x student/stepsibling story dead-set on hating the teacher.

Arm-chair moralists will never cease to astound me with their logic. Better stay away from the manga then, you'll hate it even more, LOL.
Aug 17, 2020 2:47 AM

Oct 2012
RIP no season 2. I would love to see fan's reactions to waht happened further in the manga :D
Aug 21, 2020 5:39 AM
Mar 2018
Well, what do you expect from a seasonal "Oh no they didn't!" anime that isn't magical girl (PTSD with children) or generic fantasy drama #894. The fact alone that the industry sponsored content creators (content in the way, that it has the same value as static test imgaes) cash in and comment it as "Incest", if it isn't the least bit of that. Maybe on paper, but only (at least in my country) when the other parent adopts the new children. But even then it's just the shocking element the writers smeared in to make it interesting to the zombified masses. It's one of those anime where you just need to read the first sentence of the synopsis and look at the genres it seves and you can expect the least of normal human interaction; even for japanese standards.
It's another example of what Miyazaki reprimanded the industry ages ago; the writers should look at how real people are instead of just making generic characatures and tropes...
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

156 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 18, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

141 by venbals »»
Apr 15, 6:47 PM

» It has a happy ending

removed-user - Mar 11

37 by Kwiatek280 »»
Apr 15, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

131 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

145 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.