Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 30, 2019 9:24 PM

Mar 2014
HereticHunter said:
I wish Araki gave more context over this stand. But imo, Its pretty similar to Killer Queen's Sheer heart attack, but as a last resort to kill off its target. I'm pretty sure his stand would work the same as any other humanoid stand that can punch the fuck out of whoever messes with him.

Not to mention that for some reason he knew that his Stand only works by killing himself. I mean, how did he got that info?
Yes, it does. Pretty similar and powerful. Just that Heart Attack has better background because has a couple interactions with Kira (like when it is affected by Koichi's act 3), something you can't apply to Chase because his user is not alive anymore unless he appears as ghost like Reimi (oh, by writing this reply I remembered Anubis from part 3, which is pretty much a Stand without user right?). So maybe a short flashback would be enough to deep the lore of Chase.
Mar 30, 2019 10:21 PM

Mar 2012
I have some questions about this episode:
1. Why can't Giorno use his ability without his arms now, when he actually did it with his feet against Black Sabbath (ep 4)?
2. Why does Bucciarati think the boss wasn't a gangster that didn't need to hide his identity back then, when he already knew the boss used an alias with Trish's mother (Solido Naso, ep 9)?
3. Why did Trish say her mother couldn't find his father's name, when she actually knew it (Solido Naso)?

A R A K I F O R G O T ?
Mar 31, 2019 3:38 AM

Jul 2016
HereticHunter said:
Joycdonnell said:
A stand that only works when the user is death? I don't know how he was able to be in Passione with that kind of single use power before his death.

I wish Araki gave more context over this stand. But imo, Its pretty similar to Killer Queen's Sheer heart attack, but as a last resort to kill off its target. I'm pretty sure his stand would work the same as any other humanoid stand that can punch the fuck out of whoever messes with him.

I just assumed it was alive as a stand and took a new host all the time...
Mar 31, 2019 5:25 AM
Sep 2017
R3K_ said:
1. Why can't Giorno use his ability without his arms now, when he actually did it with his feet against Black Sabbath (ep 4)?
2. Why does Bucciarati think the boss wasn't a gangster that didn't need to hide his identity back then, when he already knew the boss used an alias with Trish's mother (Solido Naso, ep 9)?
3. Why did Trish say her mother couldn't find his father's name, when she actually knew it (Solido Naso)?

A R A K I F O R G O T ?

When did giorno use his ability with his feet?
Mar 31, 2019 6:22 AM

Dec 2014
well this has been a joyous anime so far...kinda intense this episode...maybe trish will activate her stand next episode
Mar 31, 2019 8:15 AM

Mar 2012
Supersonic_speed said:
R3K_ said:

A R A K I F O R G O T ?

When did giorno use his ability with his feet?

When he gave life energy to a tree through its roots to make it grow until its death (ep 4).
Mar 31, 2019 8:34 AM
Mar 2018
R3K_ said:

A R A K I F O R G O T ?

giorno didnt use his legs for that it was his arms
the boss wasnt a gangster at that time because passione didnt exist then the boss was the one who made it
thats his fake name
Mar 31, 2019 8:58 AM

Mar 2012
WorldoverHeaven said:

But if you say that he then used his hand to touch the roots (even if it was never shown), uh, I'll pass it...

WorldoverHeaven said:
the boss wasnt a gangster at that time because passione didnt exist then the boss was the one who made it
thats his fake name

>he wasn't a gangster
>he used a fake name
Choose
Mar 31, 2019 11:05 AM
Mar 2018
R3K_ said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

But if you say that he then used his hand to touch the roots (even if it was never shown), uh, I'll pass it...

WorldoverHeaven said:
thats his fake name

>he wasn't a gangster
>he used a fake name
Choose

there where cracks near giornos hands to if you watch the screen
and boss is a parnoid man i dont want to spoil stuff but he would kill an ant if he saw his face
Mar 31, 2019 11:17 AM

Mar 2012
WorldoverHeaven said:
R3K_ said:

>he wasn't a gangster
>he used a fake name
Choose

there where cracks near giornos hands to if you watch the screen
and boss is a parnoid man i dont want to spoil stuff but he would kill an ant if he saw his face

I've read the manga, but I'm not talking about the boss. I'm talking about Bucciarati:
-He already knew the boss had an alias when he met Donatella.
-Now he theorizes the boss didn't need to hide his identity since he wasn't a gangster back then.
It's not about the boss having an alias back then or not, it's about what Bruno thinks with the information he already has.
Mar 31, 2019 1:31 PM

Dec 2010
The first real JoJo-esque episode of the season in my opinion, the threat of the enemy Stand coming from the mystery surrounding it, with so many fights coming down to a flex of Destructive Power/Speed.
Also, it's so annoying that in one of the few occasions where a character is checking for the vital signs of his opponent, he actually gets punished for doing it.

Hobgoblin2099 said:
FMmatron said:
These Stands just keep getting crazier.

Notorious B.I.G. is basically Ebony Devil on crack.

Here's a translation of the wall text, incidentally.

Yea, thanks, it felt really bad that the anime expected us to actually know Italian to get the complete picture.

The ED is so epic, I realise it better with every passing week.
Mar 31, 2019 1:48 PM
Sep 2017
R3K_ said:
WorldoverHeaven said:

WorldoverHeaven said:
thats his fake name

>he wasn't a gangster
>he used a fake name
Choose

As koichi said, giorno dug the hole, but his feet were grabbed by black sabbath so I think it’s safe to say he dug with his hands and used them off screen. But with the boss’ backstory and fake name, it’s a classic araki forgot. Or rather, araki doesn’t seem to know what he wants to do with the boss, like KC’s ability
Mar 31, 2019 2:47 PM

Mar 2019
Never forget Notorious B.I.G running from the horizon with that face that terrifies me and makes me laugh at the same time.

Mar 31, 2019 10:40 PM

Mar 2012
Supersonic_speed said:
As koichi said, giorno dug the hole, but his feet were grabbed by black sabbath so I think it’s safe to say he dug with his hands and used them off screen. But with the boss’ backstory and fake name, it’s a classic araki forgot. Or rather, araki doesn’t seem to know what he wants to do with the boss, like KC’s ability

Yeah, I think you guys are right about the Black Sabbath fight.

The Bucciarati thing still bothers me a little. It can be interpreted that he says in his explanation that the boss became a gangster sometime before he left Donatella, leaving no record of himself, using an alias, but... how was she calling him before? .-.
I swear, I love Araki, but these little details distract me more than they should haha.
R3K_Mar 31, 2019 10:53 PM
Apr 2, 2019 2:01 AM

May 2014
alphazero4um said:
This stand reminds me of a freaking monster known as the blob. Man, that is just freaky. XD

Yeah, it was super freaky and that's why I completely enjoyed it!
Apr 2, 2019 8:49 AM

Dec 2013
R3K_ said:
Supersonic_speed said:

The Bucciarati thing still bothers me a little. It can be interpreted that he says in his explanation that the boss became a gangster sometime before he left Donatella, leaving no record of himself, using an alias, but... how was she calling him before? .-.
I swear, I love Araki, but these little details distract me more than they should haha.

He's just that paranoid even before creating the biggest crime gang in italy
That's the explanation, move along
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Apr 2, 2019 11:08 AM

Mar 2014
Notorious BIG is disgusting. Can't believe that dude died simply for this plan to be activated

I hope we'll see Trish's stand soon!
Apr 2, 2019 11:32 AM

Mar 2012
SlowDancer said:
R3K_ said:

He's just that paranoid even before creating the biggest crime gang in italy
That's the explanation, move along

Nope. I'm not gonna repeat myself, so read it again.
Apr 2, 2019 11:41 AM
Nov 2017
One thing I didn't like that much about this episode was how they changed some things.
I read the manga, and I sure noticed some differences.
One of them is when they reach the airport, the gang was interrupted by a group of security guards, in which Bruno zips them to a post. It's a small scene, but it sure was funny.
Oh, and we're going to have Spicy Lady next episode :)
These name changes are getting more and more hilarious
Apr 3, 2019 5:53 AM

Aug 2016
R3K_ said:

A R A K I F O R G O T ?

Aight I know you're being stupid on purpose because you're using the ARAKI FORGOT meme but here I go anyway

1.That particular and only case got retconned in favor of "fists only" rule, in order to avoid a situation where simply touching a stand could be incredibly dangerous
2.Gets explained either after this arc or around the end of the Green Day/Oasis arc, don't remember exactly. Boss was still on the run from the law for a different reason before joining the gang.
3.She couldn't find his real name? Or its possible that he never even told her the alias. Talk about a pump and dump.
ErroratuApr 3, 2019 6:01 AM
Apr 3, 2019 6:43 AM

Mar 2012
Erroratu said:
R3K_ said:

A R A K I F O R G O T ?

Aight I know you're being stupid on purpose because you're using the ARAKI FORGOT meme but here I go anyway

1.That particular and only case got retconned in favor of "fists only" rule, in order to avoid a situation where simply touching a stand could be incredibly dangerous
2.Gets explained either after this arc or around the end of the Green Day/Oasis arc, don't remember exactly. Boss was still on the run from the law for a different reason before joining the gang.
3.She couldn't find his real name? Or its possible that he never even told her the alias. Talk about a pump and dump.

1. So it's a plot hole according to you. The other guys did it better and I accepted it.
2. You don't get it. Read it again, I'm not talking about the fact the boss hid his identity or not. Or maybe you're just pretending being stupid?
3. Donatella was the one that asked the man named Naso to be found, so nope.
Apr 3, 2019 7:40 AM

Sep 2016
My only gripe about this ep is the missing part of Buccellati trolling the airport security before getting on the plane.
Why did they cut out the scene where Buccellati casually asked the security guy where to steal a plane while zipping his arms & gun to a pole?
They’ve been cut lots of funny moments for this part. And it’s not like the episodes run out of time. Those scenes could have totally fitted in if they cut the OP/ED or do whatever adjustments.

I’m surprised to find that the voice actor of Shinpachi from Gintama performed the role of Carne with merely 2 lines of modal particle. What a waste!
Apr 4, 2019 6:04 AM

Sep 2011
I never imagined they would of been able to adapt this fight so perfectly, it felt like watching an actual horror movie.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 5, 2019 9:50 AM

Mar 2009
pervertidahentai said:
Never forget Notorious B.I.G running from the horizon with that face that terrifies me and makes me laugh at the same time.

Some of the Stand users this season don't even look like human beings anymore. This guy looks like an alien.
Apr 6, 2019 9:47 PM

Jan 2015
The jump scare was so obvious. I was expecting it.
And yet it got me.
Good episode.
Apr 9, 2019 5:25 AM

May 2016
The whole build-up towards Notorious B.I.G's appearance was a very stressful ordeal for me because the episode really felt like some sort of survival horror movie. The t h i c c and menacing Carne walking towards the Bucci Gang-Stars with a seething hatred in his eyes under broad daylight made me feel both unnerved by how he had discarded his life then and there and baffled at how silly he looked. His Stand activating for the first time into a grotesque meaty blob sure is a memorable way of posthumously immortalizing yourself~

Biggy's definitely one of the most dangerous Stands ever, incapacitating nearly everyone in the team so quickly and showing off those insane stats. It looks like Trish is finally gonna get the spotlight .

Apr 9, 2019 3:25 PM

Feb 2012
So how did they test if the stand works if it can only happen when the stand user is dead?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 13, 2019 11:44 PM

Jul 2009
Things are getting interesting!!! I always wondered what took them so long to add dead Stands. Honestly, didn't Part IV had something similar?

Trish is going to be the main in the next few episodes! Can't wait for more Trish!!!
Apr 27, 2019 11:55 PM

Apr 2014
so...no one heard Trish scream towards the end even though Bruno is nearby? figures
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2019 9:25 PM

Jan 2011
This is my Stand power, dying!
Apr 30, 2019 7:46 AM

Oct 2012
Notorius BIG assassinated, I don't know about that :P

Ah yes this famous plan and stand
It broke every rules and never explained or used afterwards

Time to awaken my masters the Wannabe! xD
"Signature removed"
May 18, 2019 7:56 AM
Apr 2016
Holy hell, that's a terrifying stand...activates when the user dies... Giorno is taking really risky bets, well, he always has. Good episode.
May 28, 2019 5:30 PM

Oct 2013
What a horror! Creepy guy who wanted to slay them got killed and apparently he happened to have a new type of Stand. Let's call it as "zombie Stand", 'cause it activated its full power after its user's death.

Bruno's team was definitely cornered on that plane by that "Notorious Chase" Stand.

Too bad that Crunchyroll did not translate most of Italian phrases written on the plane's walls on which Giorno was looking at.

I have a feeling that we will soon finally see Trish's Stand in action.
Aug 6, 2019 8:29 AM

Mar 2012
Maybe Trish will finally be able to use her stand to help out the bois in this dire situation.
Aug 7, 2019 2:49 AM

Mar 2015
That's a creepy stand for sure! I love how innovative all their abilities are!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 2, 2019 3:15 AM

Jul 2015
Damn this turned into a horror episode 0 to 100 real quick

Giorno really planned far ahead, he looks like the smartest out of the group

Feb 8, 2020 4:50 AM

Jul 2013
It's time for Trish to awaken her stand and be useful. Or if I was her I'd just scream. Also, for real? Notorious B.I.G? Hahaha
Feb 22, 2020 6:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So much tension my heart is beating so freaking fast this episode was incredible
Mar 18, 2020 3:52 PM

Mar 2010
Excellent and it was creepily good, loved how it felt like a horror show.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 2, 2020 5:58 PM
Jul 2009
The jumpscare got me (as they always do) Trish is becoming a more likable character. She seems to be developing some redeeming traits besides just having cool hair and being attractive. I hope we get her backstory soon.
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Jul 11, 2020 1:47 AM
Jun 2020
I loved the episode but I'm triggered because Bucciarati didn't use Zipperman to temporarily give Giorno one of the crews arm so that he could use Golden Experience.
Jul 20, 2020 11:33 AM

Mar 2020
Can't believe they shot Biggie again
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Aug 16, 2020 2:22 PM
Aug 2020
i can't believe i fell for the jump-scare, a dead meat I GOT SCARED BY A DEAD MEAT !!
can't wait to see if Trish could save them and use her stand power
Dec 8, 2020 8:46 PM

Aug 2018
I knew something was up when they beat that fatass in under a minute

Dec 15, 2020 4:42 AM

Jul 2020
I like how with the time stand battles are even more interesting. Can't wait to see end of the fight.
Jul 29, 2021 12:18 AM

Apr 2018
Intense episode. Everyone got injured by the speedy monster which reacts on movements. Giorno lost both his hands so he's unable to heal anyone. But in the end, the monster comes back nd Thrisha found out that an arm is growing out of the brooch.
It's possible to save the rest..

That monster is OVERPOWERED AS HELL!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Dec 5, 2021 11:50 AM
Nov 2020
I don't wannabe Trish in this situation.
Mar 18, 2022 5:19 AM

May 2021
This a horror movie now or somethin'? Pretty intense tho.

Apr 15, 2022 8:49 AM

Sep 2015
WOAH, it's like a horror film! The fear just keeps on delivering! And it looks like Una will be in action!
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 9, 2022 8:31 AM
Aug 2022
jajajajajajajaja
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM

» Group Standings

yungpowerpole - Jan 14

10 by baryaakov555 »»
Jan 20, 8:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.