Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 1, 2019 11:59 PM
Dec 2018
Idk why i really enjoy this ep is finnaly time to see the girls trying to hit on the guy for once. But ya it felt like a bonus episode not a end one
Apr 2, 2019 7:05 AM

Mar 2012
I have a lot of sentiment to the series, I do not know Light Novel, but even for me to see that it is rushed and missed a lot of things. So as an adaptation it falls out poorly, as fun it was fine.

Score: 6/10
Apr 2, 2019 4:19 PM
Jul 2017
If there is a Season 4, I hope Shido and the gang finish off Wescott and Mathers and DEM for good. And Shido ends up marrying Tohka and the series is over.
Apr 2, 2019 10:46 PM
uwu

Mar 2014
I watched because I want to see more shido and origami aftermath but what I did get... This episode is very pointless lol
Apr 4, 2019 6:16 PM

Feb 2014
This episode was supposed to be a relief episode but it was kinda meh just like the first half of the anime.

The second half was more interesting but the thing about who killed Origami's parents and etc does not make sense if things are happening in the same timeline (which some times looked so and some times looked to be a parallel timeline).

Anyway............

6/10

Oh, btw, putting aside this fanservice episode, kind impressed that the ecchi in this season was almost zero hehe
TechOtakuApr 4, 2019 6:20 PM
Apr 4, 2019 11:53 PM

Mar 2009
wew lad Origami.
Question: does Shido ever add Ellen and Reine to his harem?

Apr 5, 2019 5:21 AM
Jan 2018
Vi- said:
This episode was supposed to be a relief episode but it was kinda meh just like the first half of the anime.

The second half was more interesting but the thing about who killed Origami's parents and etc does not make sense if things are happening in the same timeline (which some times looked so and some times looked to be a parallel timeline).

Anyway............

6/10

Oh, btw, putting aside this fanservice episode, kind impressed that the ecchi in this season was almost zero hehe

They aren't the same timeline . The one from episode 11 is a new timeline
Apr 5, 2019 1:38 PM

Mar 2014
Okay i dont really remember but did they just do all of volume 12 itsuka disaster in one episode ??? I don't mind though since season 4 can start with Nia.
PerushiaApr 5, 2019 4:04 PM
Apr 6, 2019 9:13 AM

Aug 2010
I guess it's time I start reading the LN's again.

Kurumi still best girl. Her 5 seconds of screen time stole the episode.
Ragna92Apr 6, 2019 9:39 AM
Apr 6, 2019 10:12 AM
Dec 2011
I'm incredibly disappointed with this episode, condensing one arc into one episode is a bad move if you ask me. They could have easily stopped the anime at 11 episodes, there was no need to make a 12th. No way am I going to watch more Date a Live if and when more seasons are released.

Currently waiting for ln volume 230 to be released in English.
Apr 6, 2019 10:35 PM

Mar 2012
Substantively probably the more interesting season (at least as compared to season 2). But I have no idea why the production and pacing was such absolute garbage compared to the previous 2 seasons. Man what a disappointment, more so because I thought there were some interesting bits for them to explore for sure.
Apr 7, 2019 3:01 PM

Jun 2014
They butchered it holy moly. Did not like this compared to s1-2
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2019 11:20 AM

Mar 2016
This ep is not even connected to what has happened last ep, it's not even supposed to be part of the story. BUT I'LL BE LYING IF I WAS NOT PLEASED!

YESSS!!! NOW, THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO SEE!!! SHIDO BEING ABLE TO USE ALL OF THE SPIRITS' POWERS TO THE FULL EXTENT AT EASE!!!
It's all due to the build-up of all the sealed spirits' powers within him which overheated his body, but damn did he turned into an actual harem-maker. From the way, he acts to even the way his animation is drawn in this ep alone. Hell, he even managed to make Ellen blush and momentarily held her on his arms! This is how you beat the strongest wizard!

Shido's musical was hilarious!

So each girls has to make Shido skip a beat and kiss him afterwards and each has their unique ways. Well... Let the date start (not really a 'date' but welp)

Yamai sis with that lewd ice cream on their bodies.
Natsumi sudden revert from an onee san to a loli (But it was actually the baggy underwear that caused Shido to skip a beat. Secret fetish?!)
Yoshino's surprisingly bold undressing tactic
Kotori is on another level, no physical contact or exposing any body parts needed. Just pure wise charm!
Miku sat on Shido's lap and offer a personal song just for him, quite expected from her.
Origami accidentally drugged herself to let out her feelings
And finally, Tohka kissing Shido

LMAO, Shido went super saiyan and rages with the power more destructive than the space quake form 30 yrs ago! Now that's awesome yet in a hilarious way!

And finally, S3 ended with a beautiful scene showing Shido kissing Tohka yet again. From what I've seen throughout all the seasons, OVAs and movie, it seems that despite the fact that Shido's harem is pretty big and strong, Shido X Tohka is how it has always seemed to happen. The second spirits Shido has ever sealed (First being Kotori 5 years ago) I wouldn't argue at all since they're such a cute couple together!

But of course Date A Live doesn't end there!

Who's the phantom? what are the spirits truly? what actually caused the space quake 30 yrs ago? who was the first spirit? what are Ike's objectives? how will Shido stop all the potentially hundreds of spirits out there by dating them? So many crucial questions and yet none but hints and clues are available. The first 3 seasons are pretty much (besides encouraging audiences to buy & read the LN) an introduction to the chaotic life of Shido and his goal to basically save the world, by dating the spirits.

Happy dating Shido!
Apr 8, 2019 3:08 PM
Jul 2014
This season is somewhat good, but:

Just it? Shidou got killed and nothing happened? Just woke up after that blast? What Kurumi done?
Where is Phantom?
Where is Mana?
Apr 8, 2019 8:26 PM

Aug 2013
Ugh, I mean, at least they covered most of the meat of the volumes in this season.

Of course they missed out on important tidbits that would've set up the story points for later seasons. Like at least they didn't fuck up the core focus of each volume, although they all felt rushed.

I feel like JC is getting in way over their heads with the quantity of shows they're putting out. Because this season visually looked like ass. It looks even worse when you go back and look at the first season in comparison. Hell, it even makes season 2 look better.

That said I still want a season 4. Give me the full adaptation, even if it's not perfect. I want to see all of the best content from the LNs but its all wayyy off anime adaptation wise.
Apr 13, 2019 4:15 AM
Jan 2018
ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:
This ep is not even connected to what has happened last ep, it's not even supposed to be part of the story. BUT I'LL BE LYING IF I WAS NOT PLEASED!

YESSS!!! NOW, THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO SEE!!! SHIDO BEING ABLE TO USE ALL OF THE SPIRITS' POWERS TO THE FULL EXTENT AT EASE!!!
It's all due to the build-up of all the sealed spirits' powers within him which overheated his body, but damn did he turned into an actual harem-maker. From the way, he acts to even the way his animation is drawn in this ep alone. Hell, he even managed to make Ellen blush and momentarily held her on his arms! This is how you beat the strongest wizard!

Shido's musical was hilarious!

So each girls has to make Shido skip a beat and kiss him afterwards and each has their unique ways. Well... Let the date start (not really a 'date' but welp)

Yamai sis with that lewd ice cream on their bodies.
Natsumi sudden revert from an onee san to a loli (But it was actually the baggy underwear that caused Shido to skip a beat. Secret fetish?!)
Yoshino's surprisingly bold undressing tactic
Kotori is on another level, no physical contact or exposing any body parts needed. Just pure wise charm!
Miku sat on Shido's lap and offer a personal song just for him, quite expected from her.
Origami accidentally drugged herself to let out her feelings
And finally, Tohka kissing Shido

LMAO, Shido went super saiyan and rages with the power more destructive than the space quake form 30 yrs ago! Now that's awesome yet in a hilarious way!

And finally, S3 ended with a beautiful scene showing Shido kissing Tohka yet again. From what I've seen throughout all the seasons, OVAs and movie, it seems that despite the fact that Shido's harem is pretty big and strong, Shido X Tohka is how it has always seemed to happen. The second spirits Shido has ever sealed (First being Kotori 5 years ago) I wouldn't argue at all since they're such a cute couple together!

But of course Date A Live doesn't end there!

Who's the phantom? what are the spirits truly? what actually caused the space quake 30 yrs ago? who was the first spirit? what are Ike's objectives? how will Shido stop all the potentially hundreds of spirits out there by dating them? So many crucial questions and yet none but hints and clues are available. The first 3 seasons are pretty much (besides encouraging audiences to buy & read the LN) an introduction to the chaotic life of Shido and his goal to basically save the world, by dating the spirits.

Happy dating Shido!

??? It's vol 12 isn't it so it is part of the story
Apr 13, 2019 8:16 AM
Mar 2017
Well it took years for another season of this series but it was worth waiting the only thing that I was bothered is the animation was not the good. Hope the next season of this anime would have a different studio.

8/10
Apr 13, 2019 9:27 AM

Mar 2016
Mattinator95 said:

??? It's vol 12 isn't it so it is part of the story

I'm saying that it was not part of the story as in ep 12 and 11 are not directly related. I'm aware that it's part of vol.12
Apr 13, 2019 12:04 PM

Nov 2017
Ragna92 said:
I guess it's time I start reading the LN's again.

Kurumi still best girl. Her 5 seconds of screen time stole the episode.

Totally agree with you on Kurumi.
I enjoyed this ep a good bit,but Kurumi just made it great,she wasn't in it for long,but she made it worthwhile :)
Apr 14, 2019 11:19 AM

Jan 2018
Aprodith said:
This season is somewhat good, but:

Just it? Shidou got killed and nothing happened? Just woke up after that blast? What Kurumi done?
Where is Phantom?
Where is Mana?

Phantom appeared at the end of the novel where she saved shido getting hit by the spirit missile I guess and being getting killed but they didn't bother adding that scene also Phantom said all the spirits her daughters too.

Same goes for Mana I mean they just skipped the whole Shido and Mana past and their meeting with Mio and that's one of the biggest plot points in the next vol too.
Apr 14, 2019 4:25 PM

Jun 2013
It was okay. Felt like Origami's arc was bit stretched out. But overall it's an enjoyable harem anime.
Apr 19, 2019 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
Have a soft spot for the series, the Natsumi part was decent, wasn't a fan of Origami but grew on me as a little, won't mind more. 7.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 20, 2019 7:52 PM
Aug 2018
All I have to say is that, it was literal garbage
Apr 23, 2019 12:27 AM
Feb 2018
Couldn’t ask for a better ending! 10/10 Shido x Tohka
Apr 23, 2019 1:28 AM

Aug 2017
I liked this ep, nice last ep for the season. Would have liked some action with Kurumi though. Shidou now with S level player skills!

Entertaining season, I'll give it a generous 8/10. A very decent harem. Shidou is a pretty acceptable MC compared to other harems. He's not a pansy and he steps up like a knight when necessary. He's not quite Keima Katsuragi but he gets the kisses and steals the hearts.

CarbonMDApr 23, 2019 1:32 AM
Apr 25, 2019 11:59 PM

Nov 2009
LOL, he gets "excited" by Loli bodies... hehehe

Tho we're missing Kurumi seducing ;(

(but I guess Kurumi is always look seducing anyways, lol)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 3, 2019 9:11 AM

Aug 2018
Hm.. So it might be impossible to hold for Shido all the powers, if even more appear?..
Ellen.. Will she turn tsun for Shido or something?.. ;p
Yeah.. Last episode was season's amazing end, and this one is fanservice episode, like OVA or something.. ;p
Also Shido turned into greatest evil.. Faceless protagonist.. ;p
Overall, great season.. Lots of fun, characters are enjoyable and interesting, what happened had on my edge of sit as well, wanting to see more.. Date A Live III was really enjoyable.. ;P
May 8, 2019 2:41 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
genesic123 said:
Appparently the light novel fans were upset but to have do what they have said would have been a very bad idea.
At leats the last ep was fun.Revealing plotpoints in one ep would have been a bad idea,they can always do it in the next seaon if they wanted to.

They should have never adapted vol12, it should have been left for a S4 or not adapted at all.

As for this episode itself, it was an horrible adaptation, worst than the worst of the other 11 eps, but still fun to watch, since at least we got the highlights, but what a butcher... at least got to the ice cream scene.
(Miku, Kotori and Origami's seduction scenes would have mad any man lose its mind tbh)

Origami arc as expected, even not receiving the proper treatment, it was still an emotional ride.
S3 could have been so much better if it adapted only vol8-11, and had no weird animation, or worst lack of it.
(they did some good stuff with Origami's arc even)
PlaycoolMay 8, 2019 2:45 AM
May 8, 2019 4:07 PM

Oct 2012
Hm... and what about Phantom then, what about Ellen background (when she was in the opening too), was this split cour or not?
Do they want to tell me now I need to wait another two years for continuation?

The episode was pure fanservice, not bad, still not as good compared to the previous arc either. Well, Origami arc wasn't quite bad, probably one of the best in this series but I didn't quite like how she suddenly started hating everyone again in its beginning, ditching all the previous developement. There were also some time paradoxes going in her arc.
The rest of the season,... I really dunno, it wasn't as good as I thought. Still enjoyable season but bad animation and week developement it the first half of the anime make this only slightly above average show.

6/10
May 15, 2019 1:19 AM

Aug 2015
The season as a whole was very underwhelming and at times frustrating or annoying. The MC was annoying mostly and the story was frustrating.

Natsumi was mad because Shido saw her real appearance? So that makes it okay to erase people's existence? For something so trivial? And then the whole origami story? So you'd rather betray your friends just so you can find out you killed your parents? And now Shido has to deal with your bs. Great.

I'm just glad it's over. If I had to hear Shido yell pointlessly at someone again, I wouldn't be able to finish it.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
May 19, 2019 7:02 PM
Mar 2009
Some thing both anime and game of throne has teach me is that who ever read the books,mangas or visual novels should stay away from tv/anime adaptation. Because you should know after several years that movie/tv series or anime never makes a good adaptation. So why do you even bother to watch? Just read the mangas/book/visual novel and ignore the animes then you won´t feel so let down nor wont you complain so damn much.

I enjoy all 3 season but that because I don´t have the energy or time nor the peace to sit down and read anymore so im lucky I don´t have any expectations.

I hope a season 4 will come to explain allot to me.
May 21, 2019 10:11 AM

Aug 2018
Just finished my "Date A Live marathon" (actually I had never watched any episode previously).

The 3rd season itself wasn't bad, it even made me smile or making quicky laughes, as well as it brought a bit of sadness or joyce, depending on the moment.

I think they kept the same spirit that was introduced in 2013, aka a haram drama-romance show with a pinch of ecchi style & supernatural fights. But the story advanced forward, with new spirits appearing, new threats (ok, Origima being the antagonist was wiped in a matter of 2 episodes or so ? ) and a quite intriguing character named Phantom.

That was quite satisfying to watch, I was a bit worried there would not be enough dates but the last episode managed to clear this fear in a blink of an eye lol

Talking about this episode 12, yeah it was too damn quick... I expected to witness Shido being a new person as he acted with Ellen (actually that makes you appreciating her for a minute, despite everything she's done before... jeez I somehow hope she will remember this moment in a potential season 4). But no, we abruptly entered a chain of dates with every character, which was OK to watch but not exceptionnal either.

If a 4th season is ever announced, I'll be very happy, that's the least I can say ! But I still don't wanna read the LN, not my hobby.
Jun 4, 2019 4:39 AM

Oct 2007
nice ending to a good season. I'm starting to like Origami 2.0. ^__^

All the girls contribute something to save Shidou.

Touka still best girl, although everyone is good in their own way.
Jun 8, 2019 8:36 PM

Aug 2011
Kurumi is still the best to me, but I like the rest of them pretty equally. Notably, this arc actually made me care about Origami, in the previous two seasons I was rather indifferent about her beyond the occasional laugh at her perversion.
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Jun 24, 2019 1:22 AM

Apr 2011
What a fun final episode.

LN ranters aside. Third season was fun.
Jun 24, 2019 7:31 PM

Dec 2009
It was pretty obvious this last episode plotline would have been a lot better if given at least a few episodes to develop... When they do that "biggest threat ever omg gotta save the day!" in the span of a few minutes, you don't get a chance to feel the weight of that, and it feels very cheap, unfortunately.

If they do do a season 4, i can only hope they re-tread this arc better... though if there's really great stuff to come and the idea is to get to it sooner, then i guess i can forgive it. It's rare a series ever gets adapted to the end, so even if it has to hop over some stuff to do it i guess that is acceptable.

Will definitely be sad if this is the last we see of Date A Live animated.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jul 21, 2019 12:31 AM

Mar 2018
It was basically a fanservice-filler-episode you'd usually expect in OVAs.
I liked the idea of Shidou going on a rampage but how they did it kinda sucks.
Also the end was way too abrupt leaving the episode without conclusion.
Only the little scene after the ed but thats basically nothing at all

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 28, 2019 4:17 AM

May 2014
Strong season, nice that it was back to a full 12 episodes instead of only 10. I feel like they handled the time travel pretty well and going all out to develop Origami's character like that was pretty fantastic.

Personally I didn't have many problems with the animation, iirc s2 was worse but I may be mis-remembering. In any case, s1 got a 9 and s2 got an 8 from me, so this was another easy 9/10. The story definitely had me more attached to it than s2 and I had a lot of fun. I hope we get more from this series animated for our viewing pleasure.
Sep 12, 2019 10:56 AM
May 2013
This episode is pointless fan-service, it felt so rush and imo it was the worst of this season.
I enjoyed DAL 3 more than I've expected, seeing the negative reviews it has in top.
Oct 31, 2019 10:22 PM

Oct 2015
This chad Shiido is a better than 35 episodes of him. The effect of Emo Parker.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Nov 5, 2019 9:21 AM
Jun 2019
Very like this anim, Still waiting next season~
Dec 13, 2019 2:42 PM

Aug 2014
That was great episode, nice ending, also funny, a little bit rushed but I guess it couldn't be helped.
The season with all things that happened and time travel and Kurumi plus that unexpected for me turn with Origami was the best season of all. It is not often I like an anime more with more seasons to come so a little exaggerated, but I give this season a 10.
I didn't like that we have no idea who the phantom was as I hoped the ending will go towards explaining this, but I guess there will be more in next season that is sure to come. Another thing that worries me is that how and when/where is the Shidou who died 5 years ago as it can't be the one here... I suspect more time travelling which would be good and show his as I think daughter. Ending kiss points towards Tohka and Shidou daughter.

oh yeah and the OP was great as in every episode that is always one point in my vote higher if I like songs.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 1, 2020 8:50 AM
Jan 2020
Do you know if Date A Live will be sold on Itunes ?
Mar 17, 2020 8:14 AM

May 2015
Bit of a shame that Tohka always gets the major moments. I know she's the main girl but it would be nice if the spotlight was shared around a bit more. Like how The Quintessential Quintuplets does it.

But god I LOVED Shido this episode. I couldnt stop grinning when he was just being a full on playboy. It was nice to see him use powers other than the healing and the sword as well. Its funny though cause when they were doing the individual things they realised they had too many girls so they were just like "Ok time for blitz rounds".

Oh well, decent episode. Its a bit of a meh place to end season 3 on tbh. Especially compared to the previous seasons. Then again I did see a lot of people commenting on the previous episode about adapting an entire LN volume into one episode so that might be why it feels a bit meh.

Season 3 overall has been pretty decent, weak compared to the rest but still decent. Not a huge fan on the way they completely messed with time and space and jumped away from the original world making all of Origami's events not happen but nothing can be done about that now. The second you introduce time travel as a main story element its inevitable that shit will go bonkers and not make sense.

But oh well Ive finally finished with my Date a Live binge and can finally start playing the game I bought recently.
DarknessRealityMar 17, 2020 8:19 AM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 28, 2020 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
There are so many wrong things in this episode.. it feels rushed as hell.. also smug Shidou is something that i really dislike for some reason.. it just doesn't feel right when he makes that face.. doesn't feel like Shidou for me.. JC staff really made so many unnecessary smug faces in this season lmao..
it definitely could've been better.. if only they made 14 episodes and made a proper adaptation of the 12th episode.. something that is not rushed as hell.. at least
Apr 25, 2020 4:51 AM

Aug 2019
The episode left us in a small cliff hanger hoping that the 4th season will be good
Jul 1, 2020 11:46 AM

May 2020
This episode should be an OVA but idk anymore. And the ending? Just kissing like that? Wth?? I don't mind with conquer Shido mission but ending ep12 was like nothing. What's Kurumi just show right there for less a minute? Unbelievable. The whole show was enjoyed a lot but still better season 2 amd not for the ending. Absolutely disagree with it. 7/10 nice show but say no for the climax.
Aug 28, 2020 8:25 PM
Apr 2016
Hot garbage—even a failure at ecchi—until the very end! Was decent to multi-task though.
Oct 3, 2020 12:51 PM

Jan 2015
Definitely better than the second season

9/10
Oct 17, 2020 5:00 AM
May 2019
10/10 .. best anime I've ever seen. Can't wait until season 4 next year.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

118 by -DxP- »»
Apr 6, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

136 by -DxP- »»
Apr 3, 1:27 PM

» who

Remoerus - Oct 29, 2021

16 by Youre_boyIruma »»
Feb 28, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

77 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Ⅲ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

86 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:03 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.