Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2019 9:39 PM

Mar 2018
From which chapter should I continue the manga now?
Mar 28, 2019 9:58 PM

Dec 2018
Ok one thing I found weird and interesting is that the number imprinted on the boy that played the song near young Isabella was 71584(not 100% sure because of the collar) and Isabella's number is 73584, the numbers on Emma s something starting with 6 and the number on Ray is something starting at 8. So either their is no order or it's some sort of categorising. Like children starting at 6 are born by people starting with 5, why? because Isabella is a 7 and her child Ray is an 8.

All in all I really loved this show all the way through, the tension and intrigue is over 9000.
Mar 28, 2019 10:02 PM
Mar 2017
A final episode with a lot of emotion, the kids are free, although not everyone could flee.
The boys planned their escape a lot, but also discussed whether they would be able to escape, Emma decides to talk to Phil and tells the truth about the orphanage, but to the surprise of the elders, Phil had already sensed something was happening in Grace field, Phil turned out to be very intelligent and mature, because in the end he decides that he will stay with the little ones and wait for Emma, what a brave little child.
The part where the kids were preparing to cross the abyss was exciting, seeing how they managed to hook the ropes to the trees filled me with joy, especially seeing the flashbacks in which the kids practiced for the great escape, including how to cross the abyss .
It is incredibly moving to see how Ray talks with Norman about his plan and the success he is having.
The part that Jemima is scared made a knot in my chest, poor little girl, but Ray consoles her and crosses the abyss with her and incidentally makes Thoma and Lani recover their courage, as they also get scared when they see Jemima cry of fear of falling.
Seeing Isabella running in search of the kids had me with mixed feelings, on one hand I liked seeing her desperate for all the current situation of the plantation, but I feel that there is a part of her that loves the kids.
When Isabella arrived just when Emma was going to cross the abyss, she left me with a lot of suspense, but in the end she only begged them not to leave and Emma finally flees from her reach, and then she entered the forest with her brothers and sisters to their freedom. Isabella with her loose hair is beautiful and that face that shows sadness and melancholy give way to the flashback of when she tried to flee.

Undoubtedly the part that surprised me and moved me was the childhood of Isabella, the little Isabella was so cute and she reminded me a lot of Emma and seeing her with a true smile on her face was lovely.
The part where she listened to the music of her friend Leslie was so cute, they gave that same feeling when Norman and Emma were together. Leslie's farewell was sad, especially when seeing little Isabella so sad because of the departure of her friend, but the thing becomes more tragic when Isabella discovers the truth by climbing the wall and seeing the abyss.
Isabella's training to be a "mom" had me with tears, especially in the part where we see her caressing her belly where her baby is, while listening to a child humming the tune of Leslie and we see in her face a very depressing and empty look, then we see that finally she will be the Mom in charge of the plantation.
The part in which we discovered who hummed the melody of Leslie left me surprised, I always had my suspicions that Isabella could be the biological mother of Ray, but I was still surprised by the face of terror from Isabella when she heard Ray humming that song that he only heard when he was in her belly. and their conversation left me very sad, to hear little Ray ask his mother why she gave birth to him, but her response was so sincere and cold, "to survive, to survive longer than anyone else".
Seeing Isabella giving up and saying goodbye and wishing them a safe trip to her children moved me to tears.
The boys managed to escape and now they are free at last, seeing them receive the first dawn outside of Grace field filled me with happiness.
I think this trip has not started yet, what will the boys expect now that they are in an unknown place?
This anime was undoubtedly one of the adaptations that I liked this winter season, I still stay with the manga, there were certain moments in the story that failed to adapt, but As for the rest I can not complain, an incredible animation, an OST that left me satisfied, I love the caracteres design. Finally, I give this anime 9/10, it made my Thursdays more interesting, besides that I watch the episodes at night and it helped a lot in the suspense.
Now we just have to wait until next year to continue the adventures in the unknown of Emma, ​​Ray and his brothers and sisters.
Mar 28, 2019 10:16 PM

Sep 2014
I vote Isabella as BEST MILF OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goddamn. It was beautiful seeing her preggy and when her hair was down. Goddamn beautiful.

I thought she ends herself a minute there. I'm glad she didn't.

She decides to continue being a mother. Doubt the demons will kill her. It will harm the brain development of the other children if their mom suddenly disappears and gets switched out. Children's brains are precious merchandise.

Such a wholesome mother.

SHE NEEDS TO BE SAVED!!!!! I VOLUNTEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 28, 2019 10:35 PM

Sep 2014
WAIFU MATERIAL

SHA HAS MORE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IN AN EPISODE THAN 90% OF ALL ANIME CHARACTERS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 28, 2019 10:43 PM

Mar 2019
I was half expecting to see Isabella hang herself at the end with that rope, glad she didn't though. Will be interesting to see what happens to her and the kids that stayed behind next season. Really loved this show, I haven't read the manga so I can't say it felt rushed to me. Enjoyed the music, animation and characters.
Mar 28, 2019 10:53 PM

Jun 2008
Amazing finale to easily the best anime of the season IMO...

The show was just the perfect blend of suspense, mystery, and drama.

From start to end, I never felt bored, I always wanted to know what would happen next and for a show that gives you very little exposition, they did a hell of a job at fully immersing you into their world.

I’m sooo happy this immediately got a season 2 because, no doubt in my mind that’s where we’ll learn more about the monsters and this mysterious world.

This anime was a breath of fresh air...it wasn’t your run of the mill shounen, it wasn’t yet another school anime, no pointless love drama nonsense, just pure mystery and drama.

I wish more anime would be like this one!

10/10

This is my 2019 AOTY until another proves to be more worthy.
Mar 28, 2019 11:01 PM

Jun 2017
Howlong said:
WAIFU MATERIAL

SHA HAS MORE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT IN AN EPISODE THAN 90% OF ALL ANIME CHARACTERS OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like backstories, but her character development is not really consistent. If you look at the last episode, when Isabella thinks that Ray burned himself, first thought she gets is that "I should at least save his brain". I think a more emotional response would have been appropriate. Still a good show. 8/10.
Mar 28, 2019 11:09 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lit, amazing finale episode to end proceedings for the first season!

Ray is totally beaten by Norman’s ingenuity but got to feel for him too, the number of times he’s had to change plans and the excruciating years he spent on making them is just saddening when you think about it. Emma and Norman really can make anything happen and I’m sure Ray must’ve realised this by now. But all that really matters now is that he’s alive and so are Emma and the others and are about to embark into the outside forbidden world, can’t wait to see how that goes!

Starting the episode off with Phil was exactly what I, and many too I’m sure, needed. He’s selfless but I don’t get where his god-tier intellect comes from, but I honestly shouldn’t be surprised considering how Norman managed to come up with such a detailed and accurate plan months in advance with just one round around the farm’s wall(in our timeline, we had the famous Schlieffen Plan which proved to be outdated but that’s definitely not the case here). I really hope we get around to knowing why these kids are just so courageous and smart to boot, it just doesn’t feel right how they are able to do such superhuman things despite only being a handful of clever kids. About the whole escape plan though, it was wonderfully exploited and a masterful plan overall but I’m honestly amazed how their training, of a mere 2 months, got them to absolute world-class level, just look at how Don and the kids got their angle of elevation and timing so freakin’ precise even in the blackening dark(a couple of seconds off and the whole plan would’ve gone to bonkers).

Speaking of bonkers, it looks like Mama, or Isabelle, had gone through that phase during her early teenage years. Leaving this aside, just the whole revelation and incoherent flashbacks at the start before slowly all aligning so perflectly like that was astonishing really! Got to feel for her here, seeing her friend go away like that while possibly knowing what lies ahead and then seeing that demon like that so close must really cripple one totally. No wonder why she abandoned even her child for the sake of ‘survival’. You’d expect her to be more vigilant as the caretaker to prevent the kids from escaping but it seems as though there was still a lingering hope within her that Ray, in particular, would make it and hence the carelessness, or so it felt like to me. It wouldn’t make sense otherwise why she wouldn’t realise the training, more so since she herself attempted something of the sort in her past. Whatever the case, the presentation of all this was just too-notch! She’s even gone as far as to hoping them for the best for what’s to come so I suppose that just goes to show she really did care for them although there was nothing else she could’ve done to protect herself. Norman’s supposed final words to her, “Are you happy?” and then that shocked Isabelle comes to mind too. Looks like she’s accepted her fate whatever it may have in store for her, but I doubt the higher-ups will look to replace her now of all times. After all, it’s the kids brain that’s the whole purpose of these intricate ‘farms’, right?

As for the whole show in general, the suspense was legit throughout the series although admittedly a lot lesser in the middle section as compared to the start and the end. Some things, as I mentioned above, felt off but nothing too jarring of sorts to infuriate me. Come to think of it, some of the too-extreme facial expressions and actions really did catch me off guard, especially from noneother than Sister Krone, and make things a little unsettling and over-the-top but nothing too much of a biggie again. Soundtrack as a whole was amazing; Op was legit fire, EDs sung by Co Shu Nie just go hand-in-hand with this show, Voice Acting was magnificent in catching all the Characters emotions and some of the Soundtracks, like the ost that played during Isabelle’s flashbacks this episode, were brilliant! Overall, it was indeed great! Art/Animation Scale has a few let-downs, most notably that un-gravity like ascending move by Norman and the way how Isabelle managed to hoist herself all the way to the top of the wall along with a few poor shots every now and then, but overall it was really good! Sure the different camera angles really only managed to elevate the tension just a couple of times or so and felt a little odd during others, but the creativity put into this was very pleasing to watch! Preference of using the dark shades during the more intense moments was a very compelling idea too!

All in all, it was a fantastic series! A very well-deserved 8.25/10, and just a shy away from a 9! Definitely stoked for Season 2 that’s due to come early next year, hopefully it’ll be 2 cours this time although chances for a split-cour which I’m fine with too is probably more likely.

For now, I’ll give a read through the manga covering up till this arc just to have a feel for the manga, who knows I might even indulge into what’s to come if I feel inclined to but I really hope not lol for it’s amazing to watch this as an anime-only!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 28, 2019 11:29 PM

Aug 2013
I was going to score this a 7 cuz I find some of the episode is quite boring
but oof, this last episode of twist boost it up

8/10
Mar 28, 2019 11:43 PM

Sep 2016
Wow she is literally Ray's mom, didn't see that coming.
Mar 28, 2019 11:54 PM

Sep 2013
Man, I am so glad to have picked this series up. That finale was incredible. The series was incredible. Certainly, a contender for AOTY in my eyes and I think it's going to be pretty hard to beat it. Definitely, a 9/10 for me and I am recommending it to anyone who is really into psychological mysteries or who just want something a little different. Like someone here previously mentioned, this is definitely a good gateway show for those new to anime.

For the finale itself, I am so glad that they managed to escape. I'll admit, having not read the manga, I was on edge the entire time. I had doubts and they pleasantly surprised me, especially when Isabella and Emma were stood on the wall together.

Speaking of Isabella, I'm also glad that we got some more backstory. It tied everything in perfectly and she is definitely now one of my favorite anime antagonists. She had real motives and didn't do what she did just for the sake of it.

I am so happy about Phil as well. I'm so pleased that he wasn't just coincidentally placed in every possible situation for no reason. He's a smart, perceptive kid after all. What a lad.

2020 cannot come soon enough, for I am eagerly anticipating the second season. In the meantime, I'll definitely be picking up the manga. I'm just itching to know what happens next!
Mar 29, 2019 12:04 AM

Jun 2017
I've just bought 8 volumes of the Manga but, before i read, i want to say 2 things
1.I won't change my opinion on the show because i believe that an adaptation has to be different and have its own unique style different from the source material
2.I liked this show because of the show don't tell technique used in a lot of scenes and because of the subtle character work, that, even without a single word, gave the characters more personality that i thought
AwesomeAlfie27Mar 29, 2019 12:09 AM
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Mar 29, 2019 12:04 AM

Oct 2017
Goddamn that music during Isabella's past.
9/10 cant wait for the second season.
Mar 29, 2019 12:11 AM

Jun 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:

Ray is totally beaten by Norman’s ingenuity but got to feel for him too, the number of times he’s had to change plans and the excruciating years he spent on making them is just saddening when you think about it. Emma and Norman really can make anything happen and I’m sure Ray must’ve realised this by now. But all that really matters now is that he’s alive and so are Emma and the others and are about to embark into the outside forbidden world, can’t wait to see how that goes!

Starting the episode off with Phil was exactly what I, and many too I’m sure, needed. He’s selfless but I don’t get where his god-tier intellect comes from, but I honestly shouldn’t be surprised considering how Norman managed to come up with such a detailed and accurate plan months in advance with just one round around the farm’s wall(in our timeline, we had the famous Schlieffen Plan which proved to be outdated but that’s definitely not the case here). I really hope we get around to knowing why these kids are just so courageous and smart to boot, it just doesn’t feel right how they are able to do such superhuman things despite only being a handful of clever kids. About the whole escape plan though, it was wonderfully exploited and a masterful plan overall but I’m honestly amazed how their training, of a mere 2 months, got them to absolute world-class level, just look at how Don and the kids got their angle of elevation and timing so freakin’ precise even in the blackening dark(a couple of seconds off and the whole plan would’ve gone to bonkers).

Speaking of bonkers, it looks like Mama, or Isabelle, had gone through that phase during her early teenage years. Leaving this aside, just the whole revelation and incoherent flashbacks at the start before slowly all aligning so perflectly like that was astonishing really! Got to feel for her here, seeing her friend go away like that while possibly knowing what lies ahead and then seeing that demon like that so close must really cripple one totally. No wonder why she abandoned even her child for the sake of ‘survival’. You’d expect her to be more vigilant as the caretaker to prevent the kids from escaping but it seems as though there was still a lingering hope within her that Ray, in particular, would make it and hence the carelessness, or so it felt like to me. It wouldn’t make sense otherwise why she wouldn’t realise the training, more so since she herself attempted something of the sort in her past. Whatever the case, the presentation of all this was just too-notch! She’s even gone as far as to hoping them for the best for what’s to come so I suppose that just goes to show she really did care for them although there was nothing else she could’ve done to protect herself. Norman’s supposed final words to her, “Are you happy?” and then that shocked Isabelle comes to mind too. Looks like she’s accepted her fate whatever it may have in store for her, but I doubt the higher-ups will look to replace her now of all times. After all, it’s the kids brain that’s the whole purpose of these intricate ‘farms’, right?

As for the whole show in general, the suspense was legit throughout the series although admittedly a lot lesser in the middle section as compared to the start and the end. Some things, as I mentioned above, felt off but nothing too jarring of sorts to infuriate me. Come to think of it, some of the too-extreme facial expressions and actions really did catch me off guard, especially from noneother than Sister Krone, and make things a little unsettling and over-the-top but nothing too much of a biggie again. Soundtrack as a whole was amazing; Op was legit fire, EDs sung by Co Shu Nie just go hand-in-hand with this show, Voice Acting was magnificent in catching all the Characters emotions and some of the Soundtracks, like the ost that played during Isabelle’s flashbacks this episode, were brilliant! Overall, it was indeed great! Art/Animation Scale has a few let-downs, most notably that un-gravity like ascending move by Norman and the way how Isabelle managed to hoist herself all the way to the top of the wall along with a few poor shots every now and then, but overall it was really good! Sure the different camera angles really only managed to elevate the tension just a couple of times or so and felt a little odd during others, but the creativity put into this was very pleasing to watch! Preference of using the dark shades during the more intense moments was a very compelling idea too!

All in all, it was a fantastic series! A very well-deserved 8.25/10, and just a shy away from a 9! Definitely stoked for Season 2 that’s due to come early next year, hopefully it’ll be 2 cours this time although chances for a split-cour which I’m fine with too is probably more likely.

For now, I’ll give a read through the manga covering up till this arc just to have a feel for the manga, who knows I might even indulge into what’s to come if I feel inclined to but I really hope not lol for it’s amazing to watch this as an anime-only!

I agree man, good analysis
Emma's actions, Norman's plan and Ray's reaction can be seen as a good summary of the entire show to be honest :)
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Mar 29, 2019 12:14 AM

Sep 2016
Suhrid1993 said:

Yeah as I have read the manga the last episode didn't feel as emotionally charging as the manga.

Pretty much this ^^

Nonetheless, it was a great series overall! Surely my favourite from this winter season, 8.4/10.
NothinComplexPlsMar 29, 2019 12:17 AM
Mar 29, 2019 12:14 AM

Feb 2016
You gotta feel bad for mama
Mar 29, 2019 12:17 AM
Jun 2016
Wow what a great first season! Really glad to have discovered this series and was not disappointed. I had a feeling that the girl shown in the previous ED was Isabella, so it was good to see that confirmed and shown her backstory.

Holy cow! Ray was Isabella's biological child this whole time! Kinda explains how he was kinda given preferential treatment in being her watchdog. I wonder how she felt knowing what Ray's fate would have been. It definitely seems like she was putting up a front in order to survive, doing whatever she had to do. However, it is heavily implied that Isabella does feel for her children. Perhaps she will treat the remaining 5 year old and under kids differently...

The actual escape was planned out perfectly. I can't believe they thought of how to cross the cliff! I thought for sure they would escape through the bridge. The scene with Emma and Isabella facing of before Emma crossed was really thrilling. Lol I thought Isabella was going to try to stop Emma or cut down her rope, super suspenseful!

I can definitely see Ray gaining more of a soft spot and caring for the other kids than just Emma and Norman. Really sweet how he helped that little girl cross!

OMG the next season is gonna be super crazy! I'm tempted to just read the manga cause it's gonna be a long wait, but I also want to be surprised.

Overall an enjoyable and creative series. 9.0/10 for me!
Mar 29, 2019 12:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
AwesomeAlfie27 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

I agree man, good analysis
Emma's actions, Norman's plan and Ray's reaction can be seen as a good summary of the entire show to be honest :)

Good to hear that, and thanks!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 29, 2019 12:28 AM
Mar 2016
For me it is a good 7/10.

The biggest problem with the show is the ''main trio''. They act way to adult-ish for their age. no matter what I refuse to believe that they are 12 or not genetically modified. The other big problem is at how stupid they are at the same time for speaking out their ''secret'' plans so out loud.

Anyways that aside it was a good enjoyable show.
Mar 29, 2019 12:38 AM

Jul 2015
Isabella is hell fire hot... yeah...

Too lazy to post anything else about the show.

Can't wait for second season!
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Mar 29, 2019 12:55 AM

Sep 2010
Looking forward to the 2nd season. UVERworld doing the OP bumped it up to an 8/10 for me.
Mar 29, 2019 1:01 AM
Jun 2012
A few details just ruin this series for me. First the age of the kids. Literal children behaving like adults coming up with complex plans. If they were 16-18 like a normal anime I wouldn't even care. But children? Kids are dumb.

Second is the entire show is based of the ridiculous idea that Ray remembers everything from when he was a fetus. An unbelievably rare thing sparks the whole show.

Third no one questions this at all. Everyone believes monsters are raising you to be eaten. No one slips up and mentions something around the mother. They talk very loud through the entire show and barely try and hide anything.

The story is interesting but I can't look past this. 3/5.
Mar 29, 2019 1:18 AM

Jun 2015
Veldora_Tempest said:
thiago52192 said:

If it serves of any consolation, Karhu is the top voted one. If he didn't liked it must be good

The only good review I've seen from him was on Gintama lol; nothing else above 5

@thiago52192
damn i remember that guy from Mo Dao Zu Shi review he gave it a 2/10 but when i read the reviews and im sure he didn't even watch the series he called it "gay harem shit! with op mc"
but if u watch the series every word that he stated is a lie, its not even close to be something like harem. its not yaoi(it will be in later parts of the story but that parts are not included in first season), and mc is not op at all,

and some ppl say these kind of reviews are not fake or based on absolute hate!
Mar 29, 2019 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
Howlong said:
I vote Isabella as BEST MILF OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah. Seconded.
Mar 29, 2019 1:39 AM

May 2014
Absolutely loved this, it was amazing 10/10.
Haven't given this score in a while, since mahoutsuki no yome, even that it wasn't all directed at the plot.

I can't wait to see more Cloverworks work! Looking forward to that FGO adaptation!

Mar 29, 2019 1:57 AM
Nov 2017
The show, overall, was a 9/10 for me. It has a pretty solid concept, but some of the episodes (although they had to do with character building) felt prolonged. It was predictable that at some point, they would escape, but I'll admit, the last two episodes wrapped EVERYTHING up for me. Pretty excited for season two in 2020.

All the moms were legitimate mothers...so my final thought is...what about the fathers? Are they chosen the same way? *Cough* Norman *Cough*
Mar 29, 2019 2:16 AM

Mar 2015
I knew my boy Phil is clever! The shots of him in previous episodes looking like hes questioning something/suspicious of something made me think so.

Ahh, now the cliffhanger got us waiting for a year instead of a week.

The possibilities of what its like outside the plantation and headquarters is killing me.
Mar 29, 2019 2:17 AM

Jan 2019
I'm disappointed about this finale..
I was expecting some revelations about the outside world or atleast more informations about the antagonists.
This was still interesting to learn about Mama's past and her relationship with Ray
Mar 29, 2019 2:45 AM
Nov 2016
This episode was freaking awesome, best episode so far. This episode and the previous episode made me change my rating, I originally gave this a 7/10 but these last 2 episodes made me rate this a 8/10.

So THAT was the fuzz about that Phil kid, I thought he was an undercover kid that was sent there to do something important like to give the kids small hints of stuff (like the Morse Code in the books) but nope, he figured the Morse Code by himself because he's THAT intelligent, he's going to be the next Norman for sure and now has the important task to come up with a plan in the future to save the other kids.

And damn, Ray was Isabella's son, who would ever thought about that and I'm surprised by the rest of the kids, they did an amazing job with the preparation in their smooth escape. I'm not disappointed by this finale, can't wait for the season 2.

And last but not least, Isabella is a M.I.L.F.
xZabuzaxMar 29, 2019 2:59 AM
Mar 29, 2019 2:58 AM

Feb 2016
I'm speechless. Everything from the story, to OSTs, to the consistent animation was amazing. Definitely one of the best shows I've seen in a long time.
Mar 29, 2019 2:59 AM

Jun 2017
Goddamn, that was great. This series really exceeded my expectations. Quite the emotional final episode though, it turns out that Ray was the son of Isabella, that's just sad. 9/10 Can't wait for the next season!
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 29, 2019 3:28 AM

Mar 2013
Very nice last episode, better than expected. Isabella's and Phil's scenes were all great. Nice music.
But I'd be lying if I said I loved the show as a whole. There were several episodes that did almost nothing for me. Did not like most of the dumb "evil/crazy faces" that some characters made. You want me to take your KEIKAKU'ing seriously? Then don't make those faces, Ray. Or Emma.

But, there was enough there to enjoy. 6 or a 7, but I'll go with 7 since this finale was really good.
Mar 29, 2019 3:41 AM

Jun 2016
Great anime, thoroughly enjoyed it! Glad season 2 is announced as well
I usually don't do this but I'm gonna read the manga, must know what's gonna happen haha
Mar 29, 2019 3:44 AM

Sep 2013
Not a perfect adaptation but because I like the original source, I'll rate it 9/10
Shirobako is AOTY 2015. Deal with it.
Mar 29, 2019 3:59 AM

Oct 2008
I don't read manga as a general rule to avoid spoilers for any eventual anime adaptations. Not to mention, it would color my judgment and affect my anime experience by making me constantly compare the adaptation to the source material. And as an anime-only watcher, it was phenomenal. Very Handmaid's Tale at times.
Mar 29, 2019 4:21 AM

Aug 2013
oh my god, that was. incredible.
although the build-up was kinda long, it was all worth it in the end. so happy they announced a second season, can't wait to see more
Mar 29, 2019 5:18 AM

Jun 2013
I'm going to give this a 8/10 for now because I enjoyed it a lot. Yes, it was lacking and definitely the manga handled the psychological parts better. This was still one of the best series for the Winter Anime 2019 lineup.

I'm going to rewatch it from beginning to end and see if my opinion will change. Then again, I'm not good at rating and numbers don't really mean anything to me on MAL since what I find enjoyable, others might find repulsive and vice versa.

Phil and many of the younger children were fucking adorable. Phil is my baby. He was my baby in the manga and he still is in the Anime.

I'm just glad that they announced a season 2. I wasn't sure they would but I feel like this series sold well, most especially in Japan.

I'm still keeping up with the manga and re-reading a lot of the chapters.
臭い-
Mar 29, 2019 5:20 AM

Sep 2016
There are quite some plotholes throughout the show, but since season 2 is announced I can consider those plotholes as foreshadowing.
So before I watch and finish season 2 this anime will be 9 ~ 10 / 10 :)
Mar 29, 2019 5:25 AM

Aug 2013
This was definitely OUTSTANDING!!! LOVED IT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 29, 2019 5:32 AM
Feb 2017
Chrome_Falcon said:
Howlong said:
WAIFU MATERIAL

I like backstories, but her character development is not really consistent. If you look at the last episode, when Isabella thinks that Ray burned himself, first thought she gets is that "I should at least save his brain". I think a more emotional response would have been appropriate. Still a good show. 8/10.

I'm sure Isabella doesn't really care for him as her child. In the flashback to when Ray was humming the tune of the boy, Ray asked "Mom, why did you give birth to me?" and she responded "It was for survival", showing she really did not care for him and instead used him, just like she used him as a spy. So it makes sense she cares more about harvesting Ray than him being a son, as he is just another part of the livestock.
Mar 29, 2019 5:44 AM

Jun 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
Chrome_Falcon said:

I'm sure Isabella doesn't really care for him as her child. In the flashback to when Ray was humming the tune of the boy, Ray asked "Mom, why did you give birth to me?" and she responded "It was for survival", showing she really did not care for him and instead used him, just like she used him as a spy. So it makes sense she cares more about harvesting Ray than him being a son, as he is just another part of the livestock.

Her expression when she discovered that Ray is her son indicates she did care. But your reasoning can be applied for the fire scene.
Mar 29, 2019 5:57 AM
Feb 2017
Chrome_Falcon said:
BlakexEkalb said:

Her expression when she discovered that Ray is her son indicates she did care. But your reasoning can be applied for the fire scene.

She was surprised, of course, as Ray was able to remember the tune and recognize that she was his mother. This was a result of his ability to remember all the way to his birth. But that doesn't change her care for him, it's just shocking.
Mar 29, 2019 6:00 AM

Feb 2019
wow they finally escaped things are getting more interesting I dont think I can wait for its anime ..:D
Mar 29, 2019 6:07 AM

Oct 2017
SO EMOTIONAL SO FREAKING GOOD! ALL THE THINGS THAT THIS ANIME MAKES ME FEEEEEEELLLLLL AAAHHHH MY ANIME OF THE SEASON (called it already in ep 2 lol)
Mar 29, 2019 6:10 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
BlakexEkalb said:
Chrome_Falcon said:

Did she say "It was for survival" in the English subtitle (assuming you watch with English subtitles) or is it what she said in Japanese? I don't speak Japanese, so I don't know what she really said in that scene, but in the German subtitle, she said "So YOU can survive, Ray". That's very different to a simple "For survival", implying that she did care for Ray rather than only caring about herself.

I don't know the manga, so I can only judge from the episode. Just wondering what the right translation would be.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Mar 29, 2019 6:11 AM

Nov 2015
which chapter did the anime ended with?
Mar 29, 2019 6:11 AM

Jul 2016
Best anime of winter 2019 and maybe of best of the season.
Mar 29, 2019 6:14 AM
Jan 2018
thiago52192 said:
shanimebib said:
SO WHERE ARE THE NOOBS THAT GIVE THIS ANIME 9s AND 10s YET ALLOW THE FEW HATERS TO UPVOTE REVIEWS THAT ARE POSTED WITH LOW SCORES BEFORE THE FINAL EPISODE EVEN AIRS?! F*CK THE MAL REVIEWS!

Oh, don't worry. I am not pissed or anything. Just thought I would let this be known. :)

If it serves of any consolation, Karhu is the top voted one. If he didn't liked it must be good

Reverse psychology .
Mar 29, 2019 6:14 AM

Feb 2013
So did the kids use the devices to disable their tracking devices? I must have missed it if they did
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

280 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 12, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.