Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2019 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, they did actually build the series' finale for a big performance by Poppin' Party and the other bands after all.

Pretty catchy song used for the series' finale imo. A very happy going song with a playful theme. The character outfits looked pretty stylish too. Afterglow is also pretty amazing on stage. I think their song was the best one in this episode. Fun show this season, looking forward to the next season.
Stark700Mar 28, 2019 7:29 AM
Mar 28, 2019 7:58 AM

Oct 2010
Damn...was hoping this would be longer since it didn't show a total episode count until now

edit: really loved this season. Shame s3 got delayed but hopefully it will be longer >.>
KougeruMar 28, 2019 8:59 AM
Mar 28, 2019 7:59 AM

Aug 2012
Seeing all those bands preparing together and performing new songs puts a huge smile on my face! And now to wait patiently till october for season 3.

9/10
Mar 28, 2019 8:02 AM

Aug 2017
what a way to end the finale of the season..now with the challenge given out by chu2, season 3 will be making of RAS, their back stories and more wonderful songs coming from all the bands of the franchise..this is just in my opinion...
looking forward to the 3rd season..well it is just 6 months away :)
Mar 28, 2019 8:33 AM
Jul 2017
I can't be the only one who got triggered when CHU2 was still wearing her headphones during the live show, right?
Mar 28, 2019 8:36 AM

Nov 2007
MrAwesome2018 said:
Seeing all those bands preparing together and performing new songs puts a huge smile on my face! And now to wait patiently till october for season 3.

9/10
S3 delayed to Jan.
Movie in Sep.
Mar 28, 2019 8:44 AM

Aug 2012
Himeno said:
S3 delayed to Jan.
Movie in Sep.

Awww, you're right... well, atleast we're also getting a movie.
Mar 28, 2019 9:39 AM

Apr 2013
Well there's gonna be a lot of new songs that I can look forward to playing in the JP server for Girls Band Party now, hehe.

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Mar 28, 2019 9:45 AM
Oct 2018
Amazing ending for season 2 imo. Cried pretty much every episode because BanG Dream>iM@s. The songs were amazing, though their new singles did surprise me. I can't wait for both the movie and S3. Expecting these new songs to pop up in-game(JP) soon.
Mar 28, 2019 9:57 AM

May 2016
I loved every second of it. Even from my least favorite band, I loved the new songs! Perhaps it's the payoff from a whole season of buildup, but I was hyped as hell and tapping along the whole way through. They finally pulled it off, the mad lads, and it was awesome.

It was quite a ride, Season 2. I'm almost kinda sad it's over. While it had its highs and lows, I'm certainly excited for Season 3. It'll soon be RAS' time to shine!

On a side note, there's one background song that played in this episode and a couple episodes previous that I really dig. That slow piano song that plays before the concert; you can hear it most around 4:50. I'll be on the lookout for it in the future! BGM OST official release perhaps?

Mar 28, 2019 11:05 AM

Nov 2018
my hate for chu2 keeps on getting stronger
Mar 28, 2019 12:37 PM

Mar 2012
Great. Series that simply grows in the eyes. The last episode is a miracle, these emotions show that music is something more.

Score: 8/10
Mar 28, 2019 1:48 PM

May 2015
THIS EPISODE FED ME SO WELL ITS LIKE THEY KNEW I'D BE UPSET OVER POSTPONING SEASON 3 SO THEY GAVE ME A FEAST OF A FINALE THANK YOU

♡ artist
サコ
Mar 28, 2019 3:07 PM
Mar 2017
I feel totally satisfied with this final episode, despite the change of animation, it resulted in a very good season, with lots of laughs and funny moments, but also very sad moments with strong emotions and a beautiful friendship.
The concert did not disappoint me, it lived up to my expectations and each band gave a show of good quality and with songs that were personally to my liking.

The part of the camera was my favorite, Kokoro reminded me of those curious cats who come to the cameras I like this lovely girl and Misaki must still invent excuses for Michelle, poor thing.
Aya and her moment in camera was also very cute, the same with Eve. Ako monopolizing the camera while her companions give a slight greeting and Rinko hiding from the camera was so adorable.
The backstage was also very fun, Ran enjoying a croquette should be the most adorable and cute I've seen and seeing the cheerful atmosphere the girls have gave indications that the concert would have a lot of energy.
At last we meet the owner of Galaxy, a rough man but blushes easily, besides being the father of Mazuki (I see that they look a lot like father and daughter, you know why)
The circle of the girls was the best, a room full of adorable girls ready to give an excellent concert is one of the best goodbye gifts.
Returns is a very beautiful song and has strong emotions and every time I hear it moves me.
Hello, Happy World! are the following on stage, Kokoro knows how to encourage the audience and they gave an excellent show, "Egao sing a song" was very funny and the performance of Kokoro stood out a lot, especially when she "flew" over the audience and seeing that Michelle still has her rockets made me laugh a lot.
Pastel * Palettes are the following and Aya is still the cutest with her friends and her show was very cute and girly.
Afterglow follows and I must admit that I loved "On your Mark", Ran has a spectacular voice and she and her bandmates are so cutes.
And finally Roselia are the last ones before PoPiPa closes the show, and I also loved "Fire Bird", the intro of Yukina was beautiful, the song is very passionate and I love Roselia's wardrobe, it looks spectacular.
Poppin'Party closes the show with a new song, but before Kasumi thanks her friends for being the band they are and Arisa doesn't take long to react embarrassed, "Dreamers Go" I liked it a lot, Kasumi put everything that makes Poppin'Party be the band that is in this song. Seeing all the RAS members among the audience was great, especially CHU2 dancing to the rhythm of the song.
When they closed with "Kizuna Music" a knot was made in my chest, because I knew that this would be "the final song", those images in the credits were very good, especially Rokka's, crying with emotion, the same with the image where Mazuki's father cries of emotion too, Mazuki blushing is a treasure.
The end of the episode was very funny, CHU2 angry because Poppin'Party moved her with their music was very funny, who understands you tsundere CHU2, now the small producer is on the offensive against Poppin'Party.

An excellent final episode, I give 9/10 to this anime, I really enjoy it and with the announcement of the film I am more happy, but it is a pity that they delay the third season, I hope they have delayed it to be able to work better in the film and also the third season can be as good as this second season.
Mar 28, 2019 3:43 PM

Apr 2012
Formulaic and boring finale. Not sure why they even made the first season about girls bands when Rolling Girls (a super power anime) is more about girls bands than this. It can't be helped. But I guess for soulless assembly line produced idol soup that was half decent. The least I can do is pay my respects to the animators that obviously went all-out on this many different acts.
EratiKMar 28, 2019 3:47 PM
Mar 28, 2019 5:00 PM

Dec 2014
Great finale, it was pretty much a music video as I expected. xD

Loved the full group hurdle in the beginning with pretty much everyone. :D

All the performances were great and I actually hadn't heard any of the songs before so that was a big treat for me. Except maybe HHW's song but I'm not sure.
Them Kokoro moves. XDD

Overall, great season. I think it was definitely a step up from the first season, I would've liked it if they had kept the 2D style from the first season but I'm fine with the CG since it looks pretty good anyway. I guess my only issue with this season is that we didn't get a lot of focus on the other bands outside of Popipa and maybe R.A.S, just an episode each for all of them when I really do think they deserved more in fact, they each need their own anime. XD
It's a shame S3 was delayed but we got a movie instead of that so hype!

8/10
Mar 28, 2019 5:37 PM

Feb 2007
Pure chaos. Poor Rokka having to keep up with everyone switching around their set lists... :D
Mar 28, 2019 6:03 PM

Aug 2013
Nice finale, each group had their own performance. I love that they put Kizuna Music at the end, but I would have liked it more if they put some animation at the end instead, like maybe show some footage of the camera. Kizuna Music is my favorite song, then Returns.

Overall this season was more enjoyable than the previous one. It was kind of difficult trying to keep up with all the characters from different groups. Either I forgot way too much stuff from season 1 or this season is more intended for people who play the game.
Mar 28, 2019 8:11 PM

Oct 2012
Fun show that ended with a fun show. Man, I wish I could see more Japanese bands. Was able to catch Chai last week but those shows are few and far between in the States.
Mar 28, 2019 8:16 PM

Oct 2015
Brilliant performance from PoPiPa, it even made CHU2 to dance and acknowledge their talent as rival. Can't takeaway the other bands performances, they also did great. Lock did a splendid job at the controller, I thought she would mess up since she was nervous. Great organization from the girls.

Overall it was a good season that gave other bands more spotlight than the previous one, it became a story of all than a PoPiPa story. I was impressed by the growth the girls were gunning for, because they knew their limits. They faced their challenges head on, like the O-Tae incident. The only problem was the animation, damn was it bad. The previous season's animation was great but this was awful, making it to have less viewers.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 28, 2019 8:38 PM

Aug 2008
The consecutive song and performances were pretty cool, and a great way to end it for now.

You know, this is the perfect schoolgirl music anime. A whole lot of actual music, all centered on the relationships and interactions of the girls between bands. No disruptive miscellaneous matters. Everything related to their music life.

The first season was a bit flawed in that regard I feel, because the girls brought too much of their life issues into the stage (Though I guess it did help us learn more about the girls initially). This was all about the music aspect, and I digged that.

The animation was consistent, and it didn't deviate in quality. The music scenes felt satisfying. And even when there was drama, it was handled largely well, without being too over the top.

If the third season will continue with this formula and quality, I'm very much looking forward to it.
Mar 28, 2019 10:18 PM

Jul 2008
I think it is INSANE how much...content? BangDream pumps out. This song had FIVE NEW SONGS. With animation. That is just...so insane to me. In the best way.

Can't wait for S3.
Mar 29, 2019 1:03 AM

Oct 2010
Totally love that final episode!! 😍💕 there are any interactions between the five band members and 5 new songs for each bands, so exciting 💓

The last scene, CHU2 still couldn't praise poppin'party although she looks excited before lol. Such a tsundere character. We will have to wait for next year to watch rock join the RAS band.

Mar 29, 2019 8:48 AM

Oct 2008
bwahahaha! LOL at CHU2 declaration of war to all of the girls! but CHU2 was enjoying the beat she can't deny that!
all 25 girls, 5 groups performed mostly all of them performed their new piece of music!
all of them are glorious but Roselia is the clear winner! that's why they performed last!
Rokka sure was super stressed with this last episode! and she cried again! cuz of the success of all of them!
so next is a movie late 2019 and S3 in 2020!
5/5.
8/10.

Mar 31, 2019 3:29 AM
Jan 2017
The after-credit scene with chu2 was hilarious.
Overall I enjoyed the episode, and I can't wait for the movie and season 3.
Apr 3, 2019 6:18 AM

Mar 2009
Cute show as always. Looking forward to season 3. I like Rokka a lot, and Afterglow and Roselia are badass.
Apr 6, 2019 2:24 PM
Oct 2016
Nice episode to end the season. All the bands performed a new song. CHU2 got moved by Poppin' Party's show ahha
bread is yummy
Apr 11, 2019 1:35 PM

May 2016
That new Roselia song was everything, solid season, felt like it started off all over the place but found it's way in the end strongly 7/10
Apr 20, 2019 7:54 AM
Aug 2017
Finally, I have finished watching Bang Dream S2. For me, it is so much better than S1! I like how PoPiPa interacts with other bands. Furthermore, this last episode of S2, all of the bands give performance and man it is really cool. I love it!

Among all bands, Roselia's song is the best for me. However, I still support Poppin Party more than anything even though I like Roselia song more. The song that I like the most from Roselia is Black Shout.

I've forgot the storyline of S1 since I haven't rewatched it for such a long time and when I watched S1, I found it that some part a bit boring but there were other parts too that I enjoyed. So this Season 1 if I remember correctly, it told us about how Poppin Party was formed and also how they finally got performed in a stage or livehouse. They got a hard time because they had to pass the test in order to perform and they failed at first but at last they made it.

Now what will Bang Dream show to us in S3?
Well, the last scene of this episode where Chu2 seems to challenge Poppin Party and other bands. More like, she declare a war on them lmao which makes me wanna watch and looking forward for S3. I wonder how will they manage this hmm...
I will find it later when I watch S3.

Can't wait for it XD

For S1 I give 7 from 10
For S2 I give 9 from 10 plus I add them into my fav list

That's it what I want to say and express my feelings towards Bang Dream!

PoPiPa! PiPoPa! PoPiPaPaPiPoPa!
Apr 25, 2019 11:17 PM

Nov 2009
Loved all the Bands and new songs, they're all really great.

What a way to Hype up the concert, playing all new songs at the beginning, lol.

(LOL @ CHU2 doing hand dances while watching)

amlgApr 25, 2019 11:22 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jun 19, 2019 8:38 AM

Apr 2011
The finale is a blast! Popping party isn't the only one who performed a new song, everyone did! And got Lock all confused. Poor girl. Heh. Still she didn't messed so good job!

PP sure have a lot of challenge in their hands from trying to sponsor their first live to O-tae's incident on their first anniversary. But it all went well in the end. It was good to see the other bands as well. Yukina kinda came off as a b for me, but she seem softened up towards the girls and smiled. But CHU2 is the real B. She has a bit of adorable side when she was enjoying the show, I think she likes it but it isn't honest so she declared war instead. I think she's a tsundere. Heh

Anf my goodness. Popipa's two new songs, "Returns", and "Dreamers, Go!" were fantastic. I need to get their full songs. Also I like the ED song from Rosalia. Rokka's guitar performance is awesome. So I'm looking forward to her joining RAS.

If there's one thing I would criticize would be the CG. I'm used to it, but the traditional 2F style animation in the 1st season is just way better. And how I wished they go back to it in the 3rd season. A bit sad we won't see the next season this year. But its okay.

8/10
MagitoJun 19, 2019 8:42 AM
Jun 28, 2019 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly didn't think much of it after the first season just started watching it since I had nothing good to watch until the next season but it turned out better than I expected. Hyped for the third season.
removed-userJun 28, 2019 10:18 AM
Aug 20, 2019 11:27 AM

Mar 2018
Grand finish!
Every band with a new song was just a banger. Amazing performances and amazing episode.
Didn't got what I expected yet but maybe it's in season 3

I really liked season 2. Found full CGI a great experience and they did it really well. I especially liked the first half and the last ep where we got to see every band but.. honestly wasn't a fan of the depressing melancholic part in between with the whole RAS O-Tae Drama- but that's done
RAS as band itself was pretty sick too and we probably will get to see more of it in s3. There were som hints too for what may come

Now I really want to play the game again which I sadly deinstalled when this season aired cause of phone storage. And I actually still have that problem.. BanG Dream is or rather was the only mobile game I played really actively so I'm urging to play it again somehow rn xd

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Aug 27, 2019 3:39 PM

Dec 2012
The finale was a concert episode and I wouldn't have it any other way. This season's main strength was in the emphasis on concerts & the bands' various performances. Having 30+ characters spreads the attention thin & makes it hard to keep up with who's who, but seeing each girls band take center stage was worth it. Afterglow was on fire. PasuPare made my heart skip a beat. Hello Happy World made me...well, happy! Roselia gave me goosebumps. RAS went through the roof. And PoPiPa's cheerful, heartfelt performances always put a smile on my face.

As for the entire show being CGI, I do have somewhat mixed feelings about that. While I wouldn't want to see more anime adopt this approach, it strangely works out well for BanG Dream. The concerts were spectacular and felt like they were coming alive at their best moments. I also noticed that in general, CGI lets characters stay in motion and appear less idle/stiff - especially when they're listening to other characters or serving as the background. On the other hand, it still feels like I'm watching some amateur 3D flashgame and sometimes the interactions & reactions of characters felt hollow. This was especially apparent when they try to include the typical over-the-top emoting that has become a staple of anime. Overall, I wouldn't mind if S3 stays full CGI. However, I'd rather they return to S1's art style & reserve the CGI for seamless concert performances.

8/10
Sep 29, 2019 9:09 AM

Sep 2006
The CGI does grow on you over time. While CGI gives weird model shapes sometimes (and thin arms), there's a lot more camera action, and performance dancing involved. Not to mention they actually went and animated the characters playing actual chords on the guitar.

I wonder if they motion-captured the seiyuus - Aya's side hop and dance was one of the most dynamic performances (sadly not a kyuumai flower fan).

The first few episodes started off slow, and bit disjointed. But I really liked how the last 5 episodes came together. It's about music, passion, deciding on your priorities, and commaraderie.

Popipa's performances are also getting a lot more polished (or is it better camera work). Just like their IRL counterparts, their anime versions are now worthy of standing alongside Roselia and RAS as performing bands.

Also, I've just added FIRE BIRD, Dreamers Go, and Returns to my Apple playlist :) Returns is a much more mellow song, I like it. Dreamers Go is less formulaic but retains the same Popipa energy. FIRE BIRD is really heavy, I like the vocal intro, and the different energy it brings to their choreography (idk, Metal)?
Dec 8, 2019 1:29 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
A really great last episode, this season was way better than the first one, I just hated the part was the O-Tae drama because the mood was just too sad and angsty, but for the rest of the show it was really captivating and fun, 7/10
Jan 8, 2020 5:20 AM
Mar 2012
Took forever to finish this & s3 just started lol.
Their passing camera moments were funny.
Great performances, lots of effort on dances & dynamic camera, especially Dreamers Go & Fire Bird. Returns probably popipa's recent best, where Kasumi's voice really shines.
Bit too many bands/characters in a season, as each deserve longer arcs. I'm not too sure of Tae drama, had some decent moments, important to tie in RAS rivalry, but also dragged on the show. Still, the funny high energy kept it going especially HHW & popipa.
Jan 10, 2020 3:06 AM

Oct 2007
Watched episode 8-13 today

sad when Hanazono was not able to arrive in time. But they learned the lesson.. it's not possible to play in 2 bands. Happy that Hanazono choose to remain in Popipa.

Pareo looks like she's the stress reliever of Chuchu... or maybe she likes it when Chu2x kicks her? poor girl ><

at the Popipa live show... really impressive, from their humble beginnings in season 1, Kasumi and her friends has earned the respect and friendship of four other popular girl bands. They even say the popipa chant before the performance. ^^

Hard to decide the best performance, as everyone is good.

Hello Happy - always make me laugh. Their marching band feels like a circus performance mixed into band. :D

Pasupa - the cutie idols. Despite being busy, they manage to help Popipa.

After Glow - I like their music and choice of lighting effect.

Roselia - gothic group, always intense in their music. I think they sang Firebird as a reference that Popipa has been revived like a Phoenix?

Kasumi being invited to join Hello Happy - it would be so crazy if she performs with them. Kasumi waifu Hanazono does not approve though. xD

Rokka invited to join Popipa. She decline because too many guitarists already? Well, I hope she finds her own band someday.

onwards to season 3!!! :)
Apr 20, 2020 3:41 AM

Apr 2009
They really messed this show on the early episodes by introducing new characters nearly at the same time.

Otae's arc made this show great again tho.

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2020 8:30 AM

Dec 2012
full action straight from start to end..i rarely find power point presentation animation..first episode kinda awkward with sudden change animation but it turnly good..
Apr 27, 2021 10:45 AM

Feb 2020
Beautiful performances by all 5 groups.

Overall, this was an excellent sequel. I loved the plot development and the new characters. With these new bands, this season also had a great OST.

I'm excited to see what's going to happen next with Rokka. I also liked CHU2 a lot although most of the people despise her.

SerafosNov 24, 2023 10:16 AM
Oct 25, 2022 5:14 PM
Jun 2022
so good wow so good
Oct 29, 2023 7:29 PM
Oct 2023
Roselia is an extremely talented band with seemingly endless hits. Firebird from the finale is their best. It's the Roselia version of perfection (at least imo).

More topics from this board

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

52 by Strahan »»
Apr 4, 1:09 PM

» Why Rosalia band members are famous

bezardo - Dec 8, 2023

7 by ichihito »»
Dec 17, 2023 2:02 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

20 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Oct 29, 2023 9:52 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2019

61 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Oct 29, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » BanG Dream! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 3, 2019

114 by thehornedrat »»
Jun 1, 2023 10:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.