Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2019 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I honestly liked the live action part of the episode better with the exploring. Seemed more thrilling.

Actually, this episode contained much more live action than the usual episodes heh
Mar 28, 2019 8:22 AM

Sep 2018
It was pretty bad, they basically completed it last week and had to come up with something on the fly to make a 12th episode.

I'm glad they tried something different but it wasn't very good overall.

Mar 28, 2019 8:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yet another anime where they could've just made the final episode an OVA instead
Mar 28, 2019 8:44 AM

Dec 2018
I actually had so much fun watching this because this reminded me so much of the days I used to do stupid stuff like wandering around school at night and try to freak out everyone along the way....ah good times.

Also you could clearly see how much fun the actors had doing this, they themselves know that this is a stupid show(or a quite experimental show) so why not have fun making it.

Obviously this doesn't add anything to the story, it's just light hearted fun. But they kind of maybe set up a sequel with that tiny glichy message by spudio but I doubt it'll get one.

It's a one of a kind fine show : 6/10.
Mar 28, 2019 9:17 AM

Jan 2015
Lol, best episode of the series.
It was fun wandering around in the school. But why Shiroyama was laughing all time?
I hope we do not get another season of this.
Mar 28, 2019 9:34 AM

Feb 2014
I started this expecting the winner for "worst anime of the year", but it wasn't all that bad, it clearly tried to be a troll and self-aware "so bad is good" anime, and while it certainly didn't succeed in the ways Pop Team Epic or Inferno Cop manage to do, it didn't fail as hard as something terrible like Naria Girls either.
Entertaiment is entertaiment, even if some of it came from laughing at how bad some things were handled.
Mar 28, 2019 10:03 AM

Dec 2015
Producers: Hey so we ended up finishing the series in 11 episodes, what now
Producers: let's just let the actors take the rein for once

I feel like trying to find some sources for this last episode to see whose idea it was to do a pseudo-horror episode. I liked it actually! Also Sensei didn't appear :( though I was half-expecting Shiro to somehow appear in the library. Were the bug books supposed to be a reference to something?

Final rating: No Eguchi Takuya appearing in real life/10

Shotttooo00_0000 said:
Also you could clearly see how much fun the actors had doing this, they themselves know that this is a stupid show(or a quite experimental show) so why not have fun making it.

Gotta admit, seeing the actors have fun on this show is my main enjoyment.

ErnaGhoul said:
But why Shiroyama was laughing all time?.

Considering this episode is mostly ad-libbed, it just feels like Shiroyama's actor couldn't keep in character (if you think about this, this episode is truly ridiculous) and/or actually was kinda scared and was using laughter as a coping mechanism.
Mar 28, 2019 11:18 AM

Mar 2016
This was my favourite episode of this series for some reason.

The live action scenes weren't cringey this episode. Rather, they were quite enjoyable.

Yukio looked awesome with his muffler and tight trousers.
Mar 28, 2019 1:05 PM

Mar 2012
Well, the series for fans of puzzles, I rather do not belong to them especially those that were intended for the native population.

Score: 4.5/10
Mar 28, 2019 4:09 PM

Jul 2011
I think my only gripe with this "final" episode is... WHERE'S MOMOYA-SENSEI!?!?!? D: I was kinda expecting like... an epilogue episode but I guess it's more like everyone just messes about... I mean we didn't even get any further resolution beyond "Momoya-sensei comes back." And it's somewhat dissatisfying considering he played a big part in saving the world.

So yeah... kinda wish we had a proper epilogue episode and maybe had this as an extra or something. That said, this was fun to watch, although I have to say, watching Junpei kinda made me feel awkward (or maybe it was nervousness ;) ) Also wish we had more of Ryuusei's remarks, I was seriously trying to listen out for them xDDD I guess they did okay ad-libbing, considering it seems like they're pretty much all amateurs xD
Mar 28, 2019 7:59 PM

Oct 2015
So Yurio played a prank on them, what a waste of time. All this time it felt I was watching one of those paranormal reality shows, rather than an ANIME ( where is the animation idiots?). So sphinxes are alive, some plot twist they did, banzai for them!

Overall I didn't hate the series because it was a low budget project that gave us just that. The quizzes or puzzles were meant for Japanese audience, so I wasn't a target for it and so I can't act like it owes me something. But I can say as an anime viewer it lacked animation quality and the actors were so so.

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 29, 2019 1:05 AM

May 2015
In case anyone didn't see the disclaimer at the beginning of the episode, most of this episode was completely ad-libbed...

Ayy we playing some Resident Evil in here!

"Oh no! The stairs are blocked by spiderwebs and leaves! I guess we can't go up here." Hehehe.

Yurio set them up all along. No wonder why he had all the keys hehe. I'm actually surprised that all of this was shot at night too. I wonder if that was an actual school or just a movie set. Would have made for a great horror set.

So they say that there may be a second season, and there may not be a second season. It probably won't, but I don't mind doing some more puzzles if they decide to make a sequel.

Mar 29, 2019 11:15 AM
Feb 2017
That episode was surprisingly good.

The actors seemingly having a genuine good time while doing this was really fun to watch! The ad-libbing paid off extremely well to the series.

None of those cringey acting (may God let me forget Ryusei without his pride) and a totally different setting that kinda worked. I'm pleased.

As for another season... eh... probably not going to happen.
So, c'est la vie VRChat.
Mar 29, 2019 9:45 PM

Oct 2008
why did MAL put this as 11/11 episodes!?!?
LOL the 4 dude just have their sausage party after their night school thrill trip!
5/5.
8/10.

Mar 30, 2019 7:54 PM

Feb 2014
I guess is a positive that episode 12 is not on the database because I literally didn't watch it.
Apr 2, 2019 2:23 AM

Jan 2018
Completely uselessly unnecessary episode. Should just end at episode 11. No spudio and no Momoya-sensei. Felt like watching amateur ghost hunt video.. though i kinda like this episode and it made me miss those old youthful adventurous days. If only as an OVA/specials...
I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 2, 2019 9:33 PM

Apr 2007
So I haven't watched this series yet (I'm considering it) and I just noticed the discrepancy between the episode count on the MAL page and what's available. Anyone know what's up with that? Is it just MAL having the wrong info?
Blergh.
Apr 4, 2019 3:14 PM

Feb 2014
Alexeon said:
So I haven't watched this series yet (I'm considering it) and I just noticed the discrepancy between the episode count on the MAL page and what's available. Anyone know what's up with that? Is it just MAL having the wrong info?

The serie pretty much ends at pisode 11, episode 12 is just 100% live action with the dudes doing the typical challenge of entering the school at night with flashlights and shit.
Apr 5, 2019 12:36 AM

Apr 2007
Thanks. So, I guess that's why episode 12 isn't listed as part of the series, because its live action? I don't really agree with that logic if that's the case. Anyway, thanks again.
Blergh.
May 20, 2019 4:28 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I did have some closing words about this series.
I have to admit, that the first episodes made me turn my nose up at this show. I thought they were doing the bare minimum and weren't trying to take the series anywhere else. At first, that was exactly what was happening.

Then the show actually started to build more into the situation, even if I didn't like where they were going. I thought the whole 3D part was gimmicky at first, but they actually tied it into the show "pretty well" by the end and I really appreciated that. The show was definitely not perfect, but I did enjoy that they tried to do more to it than just puzzles after puzzles with a bit of a blah plot to kinda justify it. Overall, it was okay to watch and I enjoyed the attempts at making such a creatively mixed media project.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 6, 2019 8:18 AM

Jul 2015
Still wondering why that guy picked the stone in the first place? we will never know...

More topics from this board

» The ultimate isekai?

Cevoy - Dec 17, 2018

34 by ST63LTH »»
Dec 15, 2021 9:18 PM

» This should be 24 min. per ep. and not 10 min.

GuidSMR - Feb 14, 2019

8 by ST63LTH »»
Dec 15, 2021 9:17 PM

Poll: » Dimension High School Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

15 by blank »»
Dec 16, 2020 10:27 AM

Poll: » Dimension High School Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

64 by Ryuseishun »»
Jul 30, 2020 6:59 AM

Poll: » Dimension High School Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

10 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 6, 2019 8:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.